Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What are you reading?

Naveed

Right now I'm just starting to read The Andromeda Strain by Michael Chricton. I really like his books.

Recently I just finished "I Am Legend" by Richard Matheson. Great book, especially if you like vampires or apocalyptic style settings. It's this book that inspired the movie "The Omega Man" . I give it thumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gif

Speaking of which, 5 double thumbs are the highest score and 0 is the lowest. Also single thumbs represent half of a double thumb. So a score of thumbsup.gif means it is'nt worth a thumbup.gif , but yet isn't a 0.

Another good book I read recently is "The Rising" by Brian Keene. Really good book and it adds a major twist to zombies. I won't tell you what the twist is because it sorta is key to the story. It's very easy to get into the characters of this book and I found myself even trying to think of what actors would be good to play them in a movie. So if you like horror, or zombies this is a must. thumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gif

• Like 1

Well I'm reading the Lord of the Rings, The Two Towers, part 2. Awsome book, everyone read the trilogy

• Like 2

Am currently reading 'Drums of Autmn' the fourth book in the Outlander series by D. Gabolden .

Just finished Reading 'Voyager' the third book in the Outlander series ,and before that I read 'Cross Stitch ' the first book in the series and by far Dianna Gabolden's penultimate literary triumph totally worth the full 5 thumbs up .

Im reading a book called "the armour of God"

by MD Rebbeca Brown

WARNING do not read MD Rebbeca Brown if you have a weak mind thumbsup.gif

I'm reading Frankenstein by Mary Shelly. In our school we have to read from a selection of books, so I figured I should catch up on classic literature seeing that there's no good books...

For an English ISU I am reading a 420 page book of the Last of the Mohicans. Its a bit hard to read, and understand in some parts. It was a good movie though.

Bram Stokers "Dracula," along with the "Lord of the Rings"

I'm currantly reading Mysterious Creatures, a guide to Cryptozoology and Monster of God. thumbup.gif

cat.gif

I am reading "the Namesake" by Jhumpa Lahiri.

Recently finished "Druids" by Morgan Llywelyn. It's about the life of a celtic boy named Ainvar who becomes the chief druid in Gaul and about Vercingetorix one of the celt chiefs who attempts to unify the Celts agains the Roman invasion. It is a good book, I give it four out of five.

I was reading Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series a couple of years ago...I gave up when I started Uni, and lost my place, so I just went back to the beginning. Right now I'm reading the first book "The Eye of the World". The first time I read this, I did it inside a week (which is pretty impressive, given it's a huuuuge book), and could barely put it down...easily one of the best books I've read. The series slipped a little afterwards though. It remained great, but never quite as good as that first outing.

Still, Eye of The World definately gets a

thumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gif

• Like 1

I am reading Fundamentals of Human Neuropsychology by Kolb and Whishaw.

Because I am fascinated with the human brain> ohmy.gif

I am up to book seven in the cronicles of amber. Damn find series.

I love the writing stye and the plot. Shame about Corwin though... He was my fave prince.. *grins*

• Like 1

I am reading Fundamentals of Human Neuropsychology by Kolb and Whishaw.

Because I am fascinated with the human brain> ohmy.gif

I guess we like the same kinda books then Joc thumbsup.gif

"Eye and Brain; the psychology of seeing" by R.L Gregory. Very very interesting book

im reading the empire of darkness, cos anne rice has no new books out!

ph34r.gif

Heres a book Ive already read and plan on reading again, its; "Amazonia" by James Rollins. I give it a thumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gif rating.

From the back of the book itself.; "The Rand scientific expedition entered the lush wilderness of the Amazon and never returned. Years later, one of its members has stumbled out of the worlds most inhospitable rainforest-- a former Special Forces soldier, scarred, mutilated, terrified, and mere hours from death, who went in with one arm missing.... and came out with both intact. Unable to comprehend this inexplicable event, the government sends Nathan Rand into this inpenetrable secret world of undreamed-of perils, to follow the trail of his vanished father.... toward mysteries that MUST be solved at any cost. But the nightmare that is awating Nate and his team of scientists and seasoned U.S. Rangers dwarfes any danger they anticipated; an ancient, unspoken terror-- a power beyond human imagining--that can forever alter the world beyond the dark, lethal confines of....Amazonia."

Check the book out for yourself, Im sure you wont be dissapointed.

who went in with one arm missing.... and came out with both intact
Darn it Lisa I might just do that . After I finish the next 2 books in my series original.gif

Just started-The Sinner by Tess Geritssen (sp). Just finished-Dead Reckoning by Dr. Michael Baden.

Reading Gulliver's Travels by Jonathan Swift, The Coming Global Superstorm by Art Bell and Whitely Strieber, Underworld by Graham Hancock, and Dr. No by Ian Flemming.

I wanna play!

Me just finished read the second part of Laura Resnick's In Fire Forged series. The only thing I can complain about is that it's only a two-part series. if you like fantasy, then you must read these books. absolutely must.

Yep, got and read all 11 books of the wheel of time, can't wait for the 12th.

At the moment I am reading The Sandman: Book of Dreams, edited by Neil GAiman and Ed Kramer.

Althalus Posted on Mar 10 2004, 07:40 PM

At the moment I am reading The Sandman: Book of Dreams, edited by Neil GAiman and Ed Kramer.

Now that wouldn't be the one I lent you Al?? tongue.gif

At the moment I have about four on the go..

Re reading Spiritwalk by Charles De Lint...

The Mad Ship by Robin Hobbs.

Knight of the Black Rose by James Lowder.

Seventh Sword by Andrew Collins..

The Function of the English Verb by Peter Lewis.

A tad overcoked in places but some truly mind-bending observations about the grammar of intransitives.

And in the evenings I'm re-reading Good Omens by Tezza Pratchet and Neil Gaiman.

Spot the difference.

Just finished 'All the Rage' & 'Hosts' by F. Paul Wilson, his 'repairman jack' novels are very well done. thumbsup.gif