Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What are you reading?

Naveed

I am reading The Binding Chair by Kathryn Harrison.

before that I read Mansfield Park by Jane Austin, and Hey Nostradamus! by Douglas Coupland, which both get thumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gif

Hey Nostradamus! is really strange and I wub.gif it.

For my English Lit class I am reading The Miller's Tale ( thumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gif ), and The Glass Menagerie - thumbup.gif

Reading 'The Science of Discworld II THE GLOBE, by

Terry Prachett, Ian Stewart & Jack Cohen.

original.gif

Just finished 'Lost World' by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, not that little plagarist Michael Chrichton, who had the gall to use Lord Roxton's name in his book!

Also finished 'Around the World in 80 Days' and '20,000 leagues (French leagues apparantly) under the Sea" I LOVE JULES VERNE!!!!!!!!

Now reading very funny book called The Da Vinci Code. I don't think its supposed to be funny but I find it a right laugh...

I read the Da Vinci Code not long ago.. Was ok, its an interesting subject matter. Really liked the first part of it then seemed to get a bit cheesy by the end.. lemme know what u think...

ELI - Bill Myers thumbsup.gif

A fiery car crash hurls TV journalist Conrad Davis into another world exactly like ours except for one detail - Jesus Christ did not come 2,000 years ago, but today.

A Messiah in T-shirt and blue jeans. wink2.gif

The Magic and Medicine of plants . Readers Digest (love that digest rolleyes.gif ) . Common plants found in Australia and Newzealand , there pharmacutically tested properties and there herbalist history .

I've almost cracked the botanical code for plant names ..WoooHooo!!! thumbsup.gif

Kismitus Officianalis .....

The Man Who Saw Tomorrow: The Prophecies of Nostradamus

At the mo I'm reading M. Connelly's new book - Lost Light. While also reading Bill Bryson's - A Walk in the Woods. Old but funny.

Currently i'm re-reading "Difference Engine" by William Gibson and Bruce Sterling

Edited by PurpleStuart

im reading Dean Koontz's Seize the night

awesome book especially if your into books that keep you on the edge. all about the government and one guys quest for finding the truth really good plus it got a virus thats affecting the world

Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad- It was the inspiration for Apocalypse now.

About a Boy by Nick Hornby... its a great read, especially if you liked the movie of the same title based on the novel...

Dragonlance : The Minotaur Wars Volume I : Night of Blood - Richard A Knaak

Not as good as I thought it would be. sad.gif

at the moment I am reading The Berkut, a book about what happened after hitler committed suicide, in the book he stages his death and escapes through a secret tunnel, the Berkut is a fictional bird which hunts wolves, hence the title, very impressive.

At the moment I am reading ' The Chronicals of Narnia'

When I was a kid I read 'the lion, the witch & the wardrobe', but I didn't know about the other books, so I bought the set and started at the begining.

I am currently on 'The voyage of the Dawn Treader' and loving every page.

thumbsup.gif

The Face of God - Bill Myers thumbsup.gif

What if you could hear the voice of God? What if you actually could see His face? These questions haunt two very different men as they seek 12 supernatural stones that, according to the Bible, represent the Tribes of Israel and together make the voice of God audible.

Edited by Kellalor

Ok, I finished the Andromed Strain about two weeks ago and I'm now reading Mother of Kings by Poul Anderson. Really good book so far. It's semi-fantasy about vikings. wink2.gif

Edited by Naveed

Unexplained Mysteries: How ordinary people experience the uncanny, and the unexplained. - Sort of Readers Digest.

This is an awesome book, even though it is 1982. It covers alot of paranormal things, from Spontaneous Combustion to Poltergeists and Possession. grin2.gif

That 2$ at the old bargain books at the Public Library was sure worth it!

I just started reading "The Celestine Prophecy" by James Redfield today....have any of you read it,and what do you think about it?

(about an ancient manuscript found in Peru that tells the 9 key insights into life itself---insights that each human being is predicted to grasp sequentially ,as we move toward a completely spiritual culture)

"The Enemy Within: Saving America from the Liberal Assault on Our Schools, Faith, and Military " by Michael Savage...just finished A Savage Nation: Saving America from the Liberal Assault on Our Borders, Language and Culture By :Michael Savage whistling2.gif

Enemy Within and Savage Nation

Edited by fearfulone

This is a late reply, but yes it is the one you lent me, and thank you for the lending of.

At the moment now I am reading The Sword of Shannara, by Terry Brooks.

The Official Drivers Handbook- Ontario...hopefully I won't chicken out again.... sad.gif

Anybody ever read The Deeds of Paksenarion by Elizabeth Moon? It's one of my favourites.

Dot9M

I'm reading a book called "Cannibal Killers" by Moira Martingale. I know you think itz some cliched book, but itz actually pretty freaking excellent.

I love it, and I recommend it to anybody who's interested.

thumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gif

Also, I'm reading The Lord of the Rings Trilogy . . . . finally made it to book 3, which took me a long time, becuz there is A LOT to pay attention to. eyecrazy.gif

thumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gif

Haha, I've beens itting here with pen and paper taking down all the ones that sound interesting

As for me, right now I'm reading "Sorcery Rising" by Jude Fisher. Damn good. I'm not too far through but so far it's thumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gif

*goes looking for her list of books to read* Ah! I've lost it! Crumbs. crying.gif

Another book I found excellent was "Out of Time" by Lynn Abbey. Amazing fantasyish book with a really interesting writing style and a refreshingly new story line (about curse hunters - ok, so it's new to me). It's the first in the "Emma Merrigan Series" and so ends in a most unsatisfactory way. The next is called "Behind Time" and then after that comes "Taking time" neither of which I have read yet as the library doesn't have them sad.gif .

The first, at least, gets a very definate thumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gif