Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What are you reading?

Naveed

I'm reading The Vampire Chronicles by Anne Rice at the moment, never read them before, they're pretty good. I really shouldn't be though as my stupid school has this 'reading log' and you have to read books from the 'reading list' so I really should be reading Bonfires in the Rain by Lauris Edmond... rolleyes.gif

I finally got a hold of the second volume in the otherland series river of blue fire and just finished it. Tommorow I will go and get the third volume mountain of black glass but they dont sell the fourth one anywhere!!! These books are really good and combine fantasy and sci-fi brilliantly!!! thumbsup.gif

Well, I'm currently reading "Fatherland", by Robert Harris.

A fascinating thriller as well as a chilling novel.

thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Edited by Erikl

Well, I'm currently reading "Fatherland", by Robert Harris.

A fascinating thriller as well as a chilling novel.

I saw the movie of that, Sera read the book too and recomends it grin2.gif

I am sadly between books because I am supposed to be studying for exams, but... there are two books that I always reccomend...

A Fine Balance, by Rohinton Mistry - a little thick, which some people find intimidating, but a page-turner. This book will lift you to new heights and plummet you to new depths. If you are interested at all in the debate about whether or not we are destined to live certain lives, this book is food for thought.

The Passion, by Jeanette Winterson - a writer who fascinates me endlessly - the stories she writes are beautiful, full of imagination, and incredibly intelligent. I did this book for an English Lit class in university, and you can spend an hour analyzing even one paragraph in this book. Also, try Oranges are not the Only Fruit, and Written on the Body.

Just got done reading this months issue of XXL MAG if you don't know what that is it's a rap music magazine.

Unlocking the mystery of the crystal skull by chris morton.

I just finished reading George Orwell's 1984, and personally i thought it was awful. Long stretches of it were boring (i know its focus is on the state of the society, not on an entertaining plot, but i cant help it, i need a little action). It was kind of frightening, but thankfully, in my opinion, the way of existance described in that book will never happen, and the idea that it could have happened by 1984 is very far-fetched. I really dont think its worth reading, but thats just my opinion.

Now im reading HP and the sorcerers stone. Its rather pointless because i saw the movie, but o well, im readin it.

I just started reading Dune by Frank Herbert today.

Really good so far though so incredibly complicated. Herbert has created a whole world, with languages, complex histories, complex plots, complex characters. I'm worried it's going to totally leave me behind with a huh.gif look on my face. tongue.gif.

The Claiming Of Sleeping Beauty A.N. Roquelaure

On the Road, by Jack Kerouac. It's cool, and moves pretty fast. I like the idea of a guy just making his way west for no good reason other than to do it.

Plus, I likes me some Beatniks.

NewType August 2004 (US ed.)

Not exactly intellectually enlightening tongue.gif But I can tell you what the most popular anime in Japan right now is wink2.gif

Started another - Poul Anderson's There will be Time.

Brill time travelling book. The main character, John, was born with the ability to time travel. It's absolutely ingenious how the whole time travelling thing works. It''s great grin2.gif

I dont feel like been intellectually enlightened at the minute!!!!! uppydown.gif

I just finished The Da Vinci Code original.gif & Earth Abides by George R. Stewart thumbsup.gif

I am now reading Catch 22 by Joseph Heller thumbsup.gif Sophie's World by Jostein Garrder rolleyes.gif The New World of Philosophy by Abraham Kaplan grin2.gif Truth and Existence by Jean-Paul Sartre alien.gif Treasure Island by Robert L. Stevenson original.gif ......and the Harry Potter series with my boyfriend... cool.gif

So sorry....i totally forgot i'm also reading Neuromancer by William Bibson rolleyes.gif and People of the Wolf by W.Michael Gear and Kathleen O'Neal Gear huh.gif

Just got Shapes, by Steve Vance, I'll be reading it soon. It looks good! grin2.gif

Body of Secrets - James Bamford

Anatomy of the ultra-secret National Security Agency of the United States.

House of Leaves-which I can only take in small doses.

Good Omens-Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman

War against the Weak: Eugenics and America's campaign to Create A Master Race.

by Edwin Black. This one is scaring the hell out of me.

• 4 weeks later...

Just starting "In the Domain of the Lake Monsters: The Search for the Denizens of the Deep" by John Kirk

I just bought the novel of the first RE movie entitled Resident Evil: Genesis. so im starting to read that. its good so far.

Crime and Punishment by Fedor Dostoievski. Good book, but I'll have to finish it quick 'cause it's for school. blink.gif