Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What are you reading?

Naveed

I'm about halfway through the first of Steven King's Dark Tower series, The Gunslinger. After getting into the Game of Thrones books and having to wait for the next one, it's nice to start a series that's already finished. Before Gunslinger I read Leviathan Wakes by James S.A. Correy. Thumbs up all around.

A Life Wild And Perilous: Mountain Men And The Paths To The Pacific by Robert Marshall Utley.

Writer of biographies on Billy The Kid, Sitting Bull, George A Custer, and most recently Geronimo amongst other works of the west.

I'm about halfway through the first of Steven King's Dark Tower series, The Gunslinger. After getting into the Game of Thrones books and having to wait for the next one, it's nice to start a series that's already finished. Before Gunslinger I read Leviathan Wakes by James S.A. Correy. Thumbs up all around.

Im still reading Salems Lot loving it!!! I tried to read the game of thrones and it was like a tranquilzer dart.

The Bourne Identity by Robert Ludlum.

I've never seen the movies but I'd like to get the original trilogy read before I watch them.

UFO Warminster Cradle Of Contact by Kevin Goodman and Steve Dewey.

This is my first stab at an UFO book for a decade or so.

It basically concentrates on the aftermath of the Warminster UFO flap.

If it had any less pages it would be considered a leaflet or magazine.

It's basically an autobiography of this guy and his mates going skywatching for UFO's.

So far they have been discovering eerie forces on some of the town's vantage points.

Just got copies of three books I've been waiting for for some time...

They are sequels to some of my favorite books ever - the originals written by H. Beam Piper...

These are licensed sequels written by John F Carr: "Caveat Fuzzie" - Sequel to "Little Fuzzy" and "Fuzzy Sapiens";

"Space Viking Throne" - Sequel to "Space Viking" (which really needs to be made into a movie) and "The Last Space Viking";

and "GunPowder God" - Sequel to "Lord Kalvan of Othewhen", "Great Kings War", "Kalvan Kingmaker", "Siege at Tarr-Hostigos" and "The Fireseed War"...

The Lord Kalvan series is excellent... It is an altenate timeline story, where the peoples that originally migrated through Europe (in our reality) went through Asia instead, and ended up settling in North America... A minor religion discovered Gunpowder (Fireseed) and immediately went into the armaments industry... Eventually controlling all the governements, by controlling access to gunpowder... The story takes place in the time equivalent of the Thirty Years War, however a Pennsylvania State trooper in the mid 1950's is acidentally transported to that time line and goes into opposition to the church that controlls the gunpowder... Really exellent writting and good high adventure...

Edited by Taun

The Bourne Identity by Robert Ludlum.

I've never seen the movies but I'd like to get the original trilogy read before I watch them.

I once was in that boat also the books are pretty good though

I swear to God, El, I opened this thread with the exact intention of posting what you just did. Freaky stuff!

• Like 1

The Book of Revelation by St John the Divine. There was a man who knew where his towel was.

• Like 3

Well that was a shaky re-introduction to the UFO subject.

There was really no startling insights if truth be told.

Just one groups life story that went from plain UFO spotting to a collective hallucation.

It was all about a series of contacts with Lenston an "alien" with stubble and moccasins.

But you've got to admire the groups togetherness and unity even when they lost touch.

Tbh it was more like a psychic thing than an alien visitation.

This Lenston wasn't actually spotted beside an UFO.

Tbh I'm going back to my ropy crime thrillers.

A Civil War: A History by Harry Hansen

There are three much venerated single volumes on the Civil War. This is one of them and the most unbiased of the lot.

The others are:

Ordeal By Fire: A Short History Of The Civil War by Fletcher Pratt

Battle Cry For Freedom: The Civil War Era by James M McPherson

Currently reading : A Dance With Dragons

Previous book was " A Heretic Queen" by Michelle Moran I give it :tsu: :tsu: :tsu: :tsu:

Origin is a great piece of speculative fiction.

You've got the Annuraki who were originally humans.

They lived on Atlantis which turned out to be a spaceship.

So it launched off when a cataclysm struck the planet.

During their travels they couldn't find a planet so they had to stay where they are.

They evolved into the greys we know and love because of the lack of sunshine.

Later on they were trying to open a wormhole between them and CERN.

Presumably to release some flesh-eating plague but sparing a select group of powerful men.

It's this group that were trying through their chief enforcer called Eldridge to tie up loose ends.

However their opposition was a tribe of native Americans and a scientist.

The wormhole did open up but it was so damaged it ended up being a time portal.

I was reading 1984, but I've kind of been on hiatus with regards to reading the past week or so... I'll have to get back to it.

I'm reading the hilarious Bleak Expectations by Mark Evans and am dipping into Telling Dildrams and Talking Whiff Whaff by William Holloway.