Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What are you reading?

Naveed

The Dr Atkins New Diet Revolution sad.gif

Without Pity- Anne Rule mellow.gif

Haunted Canada-True Ghost Stories ohmy.gif

Understanding Your Childs Dreams thumbsup.gif

i am reading the "mammoth book of haunted house stories" and "the Word in life study Bible"(new testament edition)

some truly mind-bending observations about the grammar of intransitives.

Huh ?????? huh.gif ....the grammar of who ??????

*scurries off to brush up on vocabulary *

QUOTE (Aslan @ Mar 13 2004, 08:36 PM)

some truly mind-bending observations about the grammar of intransitives.

Huh ?????? ....the grammar of who ??????

*scurries off to brush up on vocabulary *

Intransitives, Thistle, are migrant workers who are here one day and gone the next. Aslan is obviously talking about the way these people talk. cool.gif

Intransitives, Thistle, are migrant workers who are here one day and gone the next. Aslan is obviously talking about the way these people talk. cool.gif

Thankyou Joc........I guessed the part about " how they talk " but as for the rest.....I repeat .....Huh ?????? do they really talk differently ?.........that's another topic though so please do not answer the question lol

On a lighter note whistling2.gif

I've just taken delivery of " Criminal Shadows: Inside the mind of the serial killer " by David Canter........been waiting for weeks weeks for this to arrive so it better be good lol

thumbsup.gif

(joc @ Mar 14 2004, 12:09 AM)

Intransitives, Thistle, are migrant workers who are here one day and gone the next. Aslan is obviously talking about the way these people talk.

Thankyou Joc........I guessed the part about " how they talk " but as for the rest.....I repeat .....Huh ?????? do they really talk differently ?.........that's another topic though so please do not answer the question lol

I have to apologize Thistle....I was actually making a joke...sorry tongue.gif

I was purposefully mis-characterizing the word...intransitives..as 'transients'. Transients are people who only stay a short time in one place. I was even further mis-characterizing the word 'transients' to include migrant workers, who in the states are mostly of Mexican origin and hence speak Spanish more often than English. Intransitives are verbs, or verb constructs which do not require a direct object to complete their meaning. Aslan is reading a book entitled The Function of the English Verb. I apologize for my lame attempt at humor. cool.gif

Edited by joc

Immaculate conceit script, we got copyright on the play at college. I get lead role yay!!!!! clap.gif

Edited by Revengeful_Angel

I just finished From Potters Field by Patricia Cornwell, it was good, but lacked the detail i am used to reciving from Stephen King. I just started The Dark Half by Stephen King. And not to get off the topic, but i just saw Secret Window last night and it was great... varried from the book just a little, but kept true to the story.

CASTOR

I usually have a few different books going at a time, in different styles. I am a big Louis L'amour fan, and am working through his series of books now.

My wife and I take turns reading to each other at night, almost always it is a good old cowboy story...

Right now we are reading "Westward the Tide" by L'amour. About 75% of his stories are the same basic plot; they are your typical western stories. Good guy/Bad guy-White hat/Black hat. His main characters seem to be one of three different types of cowboys that he chooses from...even with the similarities, I still enjoy the writing; very descriptive and beautiful...

Just started reading "Scripts People Live" (transactional analysis of life scripts) by Claude Steiner. thumbsup.gif

I am a big Louis L'amour fan, and am working through his series of books now.

My late uncle was a huge LL fan also. He had the entire series of books in Leather Bound Edition. He was also a 'gun nut'. He loved guns and everything about the old west. I have read a few LL books. Good reading! thumbsup.gif

I'm currently reading Brave New World by Aldous Huxley.

A very fascinating novel of a satirical view of the future, where cloning and the "conditioning" of humans are taken extravangantly with technological and biological mass production becomes seemingly a key. thumbup.gifclap.gifthumbup.gif

Currently chin deep in Black's Microbiology: Principles and Explorations, 5th edition. It's a really great source of info on microbes, but the editors could have done a far better job. The amount of spelling errors is almost alarming for a professional text!

On the side-Serving up a side of Harry Potter: Order of the Phoenix, for about the 3rd time. I like the series, but this last book is very dark, full of teenage me-ism type angst. Really makes me want to reach thru the pages and tell this kid (Potter) to pull his head outta his **** and realise he is cared for. Grrr...

PS Blue Scorpion-Brave new world was one of my all time fav's! Reminded me of the movie Gattica (or vice versa).

Edited by soulfire78

Through the Looking Glass.

The Case For A Creator: A Journalist Investigates Scientific Evidence That Points Toward God - Lee Strobel

My road to atheism was paved by science... ironically, so was my later journey to God. - Lee Strobel

A very inspiring book. thumbsup.gif

Just going to start Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman.Was told it is fantastic.

High Fidelity - Nick Hornby

V.funny and extremely clever!

I loved the movie but the book (as usually is the case) is MUCH better...

Usually have a few on the go...

Creative Scripts for Hypnotherapy - M Hunter

Wormwood - Poppy 'Z' rolleyes.gif Brite.

The Big Book of Filth. w00t.gif

Finding the Energy to Heal - Maggie Phillips.

The encyclopedia of Middle ages Inquistion and Torture... w00t.gif

Fun stuff... devil.gif

Edited by Celti

Two books at the moment. First, still trying to get through the unabridged volume of Forbidden Archeology for the second time (man, that's a thick book). Second, I just started on Sex & the Paranormal by Paul Deane.

National Geographic Magazine-March Edition

Christianity Today-April Edition

It Was No Dream-Elwood McQuaid