Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Naveed

What are you reading?

1,755 posts in this topic

kmt_sesh
2 hours ago, susieice said:

It sure does kmt. I can't wait !

I'm on a Lincoln Child roll catching up with books I couldn't find before. Just finishing up Thunderhead and then I'll start. I didn't realize Jeremy Logan was also a series. I had read Third Gate and didn't connect the name with Full Wolf Moon when I read it. Read The Forgotten Room later and did connect but there were two earlier ones.

I love reading what they write, together and separately.

I agree, all of their books are good. I believe I have read all of them, the joint works and the independent efforts. I really like the Jeremy Logan stories. And I was really enjoying the Gideon Crew books until this last and final one, which was still a good read but not on par with earlier efforts.

But nothing beats good ol' Pendergast. I've been reading them in order again, too. Right now I'm in the middle of the Helen Pendergast saga.

• Like 1

susieice
39 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

I agree, all of their books are good. I believe I have read all of them, the joint works and the independent efforts. I really like the Jeremy Logan stories. And I was really enjoying the Gideon Crew books until this last and final one, which was still a good read but not on par with earlier efforts.

But nothing beats good ol' Pendergast. I've been reading them in order again, too. Right now I'm in the middle of the Helen Pendergast saga.

I agree. The Pharaoh Key needs a sequel. I'm dying to know what they found in that temple. Gideon's buddy is chief now. This is like the Ice Limit. It needs to be revisited. I don't think they'll kill off Gideon yet.

Pendergast is just the best! Ever!! 

• Like 1

rashore

Been working through some freebie bag books. I read through them at work on breaks.

Just finished this one: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2529447.Worldstone

It was light and fun. Interesting play with the hand-power and mind-power concepts. Looked up the author after reading and there are a couple other books in the series, but the others weren't in the free book bag.

Just cracked open Blood Crazy by Simon Clark yesterday afternoon. https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/906024.Blood_Crazy

Only about 35 pages in, written in first person perspective so far. A person sitting down and writing up an account of what's been happening since the opener.

• Like 1

quiXilver

Few weeks back I took my time with Robert Saltzman's The Ten Thousand Things.   woof!   Not many books come along often that feel that close to home.

The many potent and stunningly simple manners he has of describing his various realizations will be percolating for some time.  It was like he had reached into my mind and recalled much of my own path in his sharing.  I'm still stunned.

I also burned through a couple books last weekend on the history of the Sami Nomadic/Tribal people (Northern Scandanavia), which I am related to on my Father's side.  They recently won a long standing legal struggle in Swedish courts that goes a long way toward granting acknowledgement of their ways, lands and identities as their own people.

And spent a powerful afternoon reading the Five Levels of Attachment.  Follow up book to The Four Agreements.  Toltec Wisdom in all its powerful simplicity. 

• Like 1

rashore

Finished Blood Crazy last night. Started out as more of a teenagers face the apocalypse of adult crazy that was still involved enough to keep reading. It’s in first person, and by the time the storyteller is through the whole story gets turned on end in some interesting ways I didn’t expect. Gets onto some mind trip notions and a bit of evolution of human species by the time the book is done. It was good enough that it will get put back on the shelf for now and I would recommend it to folks that are into the genre. 

• Like 1