Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

an interesting philosophy

man_in_mudboots

It's possible there is life on other planets but not as likely as people think.

Sorry to burst your bubble but 80% of those stars are Red Dwarfs and are not capable of being a life supporting sun to planets.

One reason is they emit most their radiation during their red phase and photosynthesis needs both red and blue light. These stars are also of considerably less mass than our sun and a planet would have to orbit very close to generate enough heat to maintain a liquid surface.

The problem with that is tidal force gets stronger as you move in so the planet would end up in tidally-locked state. This means that it would always present the same face toward the sun. The lit side would be very hot and dry and the unlit side extremely cold and icy.

Red dwarfs also dont produce much ultraviolet light which you need early on to build up oxygen in the atmosphere.

There are also there types of galaxies.

Spiral, which is our own Milky Way.

Elliptical, which are egg shaped and are dangerous places not likely to have life supporting planets. Most galaxies are elliptical.

Irregular, which is disorganized and distorted and are even more dangerous than elliptical.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• man_in_mudboots

• Spartan

• swj20

• strichar

Mr. Man Whose Feet are Immaculate, No Doubt, and So Protected

If I gave you a large amount of hydrogen, and given its really neat

properties, do you think that by itself, it might come up with life?

I mean, it has some very distinguishing charateristics, non?

You may ask, how did it arrive at those neat qualities?

The ability to keep on rolling the dice...

To walk outside on a spring day, and see the first pink blooms on a

peach tree, that makes me stop wondering, and start appreciating.

And when, on the fourth or fifth day, it suddenly grows leaves

two inches long, overnight, I stop wondering. And when I smell the

new grasses, I just accept it all.

How many times would a god need to create its life drama?

How many earths would be needed to possibly enrich the meaning

of the Universe? The question becomes academic.

As for me, I'll be content knowing my lack of knowledge does,

in no way, constrain the inventiveness of all creation.

• 3 weeks later...
If I gave you a large amount of hydrogen, and given its really neat

properties, do you think that by itself, it might come up with life?

I mean, it has some very distinguishing charateristics, non?

huh? are you talking to me? am i 'mr man whose feet are immaculate, no doubt, and so protected?' if so, my feet are by no mean immaculate, considering there is as much mud inside the boots as out!

anyway, what you say is right, but according to the priciples of evolution, only an extreme temperature lasting for an instant would 'do the trick' and change the hydrogen into a functioning cell. just about the only way this could happen is in a lightening strike, where the atoms make three times as much heat as the surface of the sun, yet it lasts for millionths of a second. lightening striking the water could fuse a few atoms of hydrogen into an organism (albiet the simplest of simple) in a chain reaction. this is so far the only resonable suggestion of how life got is start, and would seem to go with the second senario. dig?

Ok I'm going out on a limb here...The theory of how we got here that I believe really doesn't go along with how the Bible is. I have been warned before for speaking down about religion. I did not believe in God or anything of the Bible until I met a person who is a good friend of mine now. He has taught me and shown me many books about life in general.

Life does exist on other planets and all over the universe. The fact that Earth is such a small part of the universe and has life should show the human race that there is obviously life out there somewhere, otherwise I don't think we would even be here. Life exists on other planets in other dimensions. We live on the 3rd dimension on Earth. There is still 11 other dimensions on Earth along with 12 octaves for each one. It is a hard concept to understand for a lot of people. The way we look at life is the only way we know how to. There is other dimensions here on Earth some of which could be very devistating. Fact is we can only understand the dimension we are in.

Some of you might think I am crazy or something but I have my beliefs. Fact is I don't believe in religion. What I believe happened is that there was a form of life on the planet Pluto which needed the element Gold to survive. They created 2 little monkey like creatures which we unable to reproduce until they ate the certain fruit quite similar to how the Bible puts it. They were created to mine gold and mine gold only. The foreign race did not want them to reproduce to create what is now today a human. They found the fruit and they started the human race. The 2 creatures are Adam and Eve I suppose. They found the fruit and they created our race. They decided to come here to mine the gold because the Earth's supply of gold at that time was extraordinary. They got tired of mining gold all day themselves so they created 2 slaves almost to do their work for them. This may make me sound insane but I have seen a few pictures floating around portraying Adam and Eve as primate type creatures with fur on their bodies. This theory almost combines evolution with the bible, think about it...ya never know!

Life exists on other planets in other dimensions. We live on the 3rd dimension on Earth. There is still 11 other dimensions on Earth along with 12 octaves for each one. It is a hard concept to understand for a lot of people.

yeah, and its really hard when nobody explains it. basically your going with #1, huh?

yeah, uh, cool poem, Mr. Mickyboy, but this is absolutly hilarious

"get away frorm me son ya bother me"

• 3 weeks later...

I find it scarey how many people think that life can only be something that is just like ours that needs photosynthesis and light and oxygen. We made up the definition of "life"! We came up with the idea of what is "alive" and what is not and we attached a word to it. That doesn't mean that our definition of it is a universal law. Heck, we're the ones who came up with the idea of a "universal law." I think we all (I admit, myself included) need to think outside the box more! Please tell me that someone gets what I'm saying.

I find it scarey how many people think that life can only be something that is just like ours that needs photosynthesis and light and oxygen. I think we all (I admit, myself included) need to think outside the box more! Please tell me that someone gets what I'm saying.

I get what you're saying. It makes perfect sense.

It could be that extraterrestial life consists of large acid clouds in electrical storms, for instance. It doesn't have to be carbon based.

Edited by Phantom

I'm sure, as living beings, they have their way of doing this. We just can't understand it. At least not yet. I'm sure the galaxy works by survival of the fittest. I mean, asteroids and comets hit planets all the time. It's said that a comet the size of mars has hit the earth at one point, creating the moon.

moons are created by captured matter.

If what used to be asserted, the moon/meteor concept, was true then Jupiter, Saturn, and Uranus couldn't possibly have moons.

Depending on what culture your comparing 'Alien's' to, I don't see much difference if you took different cultures on Earth. There will be differences in theology and idiology but don't mistake biology for creating those differences.

Survival of the fittest is a very self centered concept. Working together despite differences ensures continuation of all.

I find it scarey how many people think that life can only be something that is just like ours that needs photosynthesis and light and oxygen. We made up the definition of "life"! We came up with the idea of what is "alive" and what is not and we attached a word to it. That doesn't mean that our definition of it is a universal law. Heck, we're the ones who came up with the idea of a "universal law." I think we all (I admit, myself included) need to think outside the box more! Please tell me that someone gets what I'm saying.

Some of that thinking, ethnocentrism, comes from fear. It is hard for some to accept what they cannot or will not understand. Things aren't as defined as 'Animal, Vegetable, or Mineral'. But don't get me wrong by thinking I'm trying to say religion is bad, it isn't.

I find it scarey how many people think that life can only be something that is just like ours that needs photosynthesis and light and oxygen. That doesn't mean that our definition of it is a universal law.

yeah, we always think of extraterrestrials as human, insect, or octopod-like creatures, but an alien lifeform to me would be......well......alien! we humans find it extremly hare to imagine an alien lifeform because we have nothing to go on except what we know. its like trying to picture a new primary color, or a sound different than any we have heard before......we can only imagine things from things we know.