Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Devraha Baba, siddha master

dlv

It's so incredible that I believe it, regardless. What say you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WriHelqxdK4...feature=related

"Devraha Baba was a siddha who lived for over 250 years, before entering samadhi in 1989. So elderly was he that the first President of India, Dr. Rajendra Prasad, more than fifty years ago, said that his father had sat at the feet of Devraha Baba as a child - that is, in the middle of the nineteenth century - and Devraha Baba was already elderly at that time. Devraha Baba never took food, and never set foot on the ground. He lived in a unique hut that was raised off the ground by bamboo poles. This rare video footage was recorded for a Russian television channel around 1987-1989, so it is not in English."

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dlv

• puglymai

• Omnaka

• Mainpoint

I'm not sure I believe it, but it's still an interesting find.

That dude looks like he is 70 or 80 max.

The question is ok so he is old why worship the dude?

It's so incredible that I believe it, regardless. What say you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WriHelqxdK4...feature=related

"Devraha Baba was a siddha who lived for over 250 years, before entering samadhi in 1989. So elderly was he that the first President of India, Dr. Rajendra Prasad, more than fifty years ago, said that his father had sat at the feet of Devraha Baba as a child - that is, in the middle of the nineteenth century - and Devraha Baba was already elderly at that time. Devraha Baba never took food, and never set foot on the ground. He lived in a unique hut that was raised off the ground by bamboo poles. This rare video footage was recorded for a Russian television channel around 1987-1989, so it is not in English."

As MainPoint Points out, What is his claim to Fame besides His living to be 150 years Old?

What does he teach, Whats he say about God? You know whats His Message?

I don;t understand the language in the video.

Can anyone help ?

Love Omnaka

The question is ok so he is old why worship the dude?

Nobody's worshiping him. He's not meant to be worshiped. Actually, he's only a servant...of God. Just another testament of God's clue for this world..., one of those dudes. No big deal to some, while others went out of their way to get his shakti blessing. He was a master siddha and an Indian saint, after all, and that's nothing to sneeze at in the psychic world (figuratively speaking). Devraha Hans Baba is his successor. :)

there's a sucker born every minute.

• Like 1

Nobody's worshiping him. He's not meant to be worshiped. Actually, he's only a servant...of God. Just another testament of God's clue for this world..., one of those dudes. No big deal to some, while others went out of their way to get his shakti blessing. He was a master siddha and an Indian saint, after all, and that's nothing to sneeze at in the psychic world (figuratively speaking). Devraha Hans Baba is his successor. :)

Hi Div, can You post a Good link Or should I Just google him and see what I can.

I wish there was an English translation to that video.

What is his message and what does he say about God ?

Short version\, Just want to know more about him.

Has he ever been Maried How does that sit with an indian Saint Any Kids ?

Please post some of his words In english.

Thanks.

Love Omnaka

there's a sucker born every minute.

[/quotePeabody,

They're calling you in the ET section.

Love Omnaka

Hi Div, can You post a Good link Or should I Just google him and see what I can. I wish there was an English translation to that video. What is his message and what does he say about God ?

Yes, Google him. Unfortunately, there's no English translation, not yet at least.

The awakening of the kundalini and the removal of blockage(s) of the chakras, dissolving the tensions, are the most important elements. The seeker gets awakened to his or her direct connection to God. It is a blessing to be in the presence of a saint, to even get there. Many things could easily happen to not make this contact happen while in transit. To even get the desire to seek a saint is a miracle in itself. Some say it's a spiritual evolution. The thing with Indian saints, they don't have to say anything at all, and voila, your chakras get opened up and your kundalini is flowing strongly. After that, it's really up to the individual to keep up the flow. That's when "spiritual work" comes in. It's the dance of Shiva. As I mentioned earlier in one of my posts that it's not natural to grow spiritually. It's not natural to evolve because everything in this world is against it. Why would one want to disturb one's equilibrium, especially if one's life is good and dandy with full of goodies? Then again, that equilibrium will eventually turn into a prison.

Peace.

Yes, Google him. Unfortunately, there's no English translation, not yet at least.

The awakening of the kundalini and the removal of blockage(s) of the chakras, dissolving the tensions, are the most important elements. The seeker gets awakened to his or her direct connection to God. It is a blessing to be in the presence of a saint, to even get there. Many things could easily happen to not make this contact happen while in transit. To even get the desire to seek a saint is a miracle in itself. Some say it's a spiritual evolution. The thing with Indian saints, they don't have to say anything at all, and voila, your chakras get opened up and your kundalini is flowing strongly. After that, it's really up to the individual to keep up the flow. That's when "spiritual work" comes in. It's the dance of Shiva. As I mentioned earlier in one of my posts that it's not natural to grow spiritually. It's not natural to evolve because everything in this world is against it. Why would one want to disturb one's equilibrium, especially if one's life is good and dandy with full of goodies? Then again, that equilibrium will eventually turn into a prison.

Peace.

I underestand, Good thing my life was not full of Goodies, It has been natural my whole life.. Did he have any Kids?

Love Omnaka

Most people assumed that he's a renunciant, especially since he did not eat food, but he did drink water; therefore, no children or even a trace of one.

Most people assumed that he's a renunciant, especially since he did not eat food, but he did drink water; therefore, no children or even a trace of one.

I would say he is damn lucky to have so many people looking after him. Thats a neat way to retire. Have hoardes of people bowing before you. Most old people I know end up living in nursing homes and even their children dont even come to visit them.

One question I wanted to ask is where is his bathroom and does he need help?

I would say he is damn lucky to have so many people looking after him. Thats a neat way to retire. Have hoardes of people bowing before you. Most old people I know end up living in nursing homes and even their children dont even come to visit them.

One question I wanted to ask is where is his bathroom and does he need help?

If you don't eat food you really don't need a bathroom. Just p*** in the pot. I don't think it would be a nice way to retire. I'll pass.

That's too bad, It seems to be a problem w/ Holy men these days . If they would get off their mountain top and procreate , they could share the genetic , cellular memory with The world, instead of it dying with them.

Many of his saint like qualities could have Been Passed down.

Love Omnaka'

If you don't eat food you really don't need a bathroom. Just p*** in the pot. I don't think it would be a nice way to retire. I'll pass.

I missed the not eating part yeah I would still want to eat. Still with the p***ing that would make quite a bit of stench. Someone will have to go up there to do some cleaning.

How many years did this guy not eat?

You sure this guy is not getting something mixed with his drinks or someone sneaking him some food once in a while?

Max an average person can survive without food is 40 days.

There are studies based on Drosophila flies from the 60s that should the flies that were starved actually lived longer. However in humans with much more complex genome thats not the case. Recent data suggest the humans that live the longest actually have normal to slightly higher than normal weights.

In a region of the world that is known for believing in pretty much anything that comes along of a spiritual nature, this i dont even come close to buying into. The oldest recorded humans are in the 115 ish range, and that is with decent medical care. This is an elderly gentleman no doubt, but nowhere near what they would like to pin him at. 80's maybe 90 tops would be my guess. It is hard to tell. The region is not known for its crack recordkeeping skills.

The rest of the story is created to make him more than what he is. As for not eating; he may not be eating solid food, but rest assured that he is consuming the calories and nutrients his bodies needs in the "water" he drinks. There are plenty of people that live for years off of a liquid diet for medical reasons, and it can be done. The body simply cannot go very long without nutrients; it will die in time without getting what it needs. it will take from fat stores in the body, then canabalize the bodies own muscle, but after a while when there is no more protein to draw from there are imbalances that occur and the body begins to shut down. It happens 100% of the time, no exceptions. You can be a master of whatever you want, but the body requires nutrients and energy to run, and if you dont get that, you die. So he is not being honest.

I missed the not eating part yeah I would still want to eat. Still with the p***ing that would make quite a bit of stench.

You sure this guy is not getting something mixed with his drinks or someone sneaking him some food once in a while?

You did not take into account, however, that he digested pure psychic energy. Also, the mind can get pretty creative with the available nourishment given. If you tell the mind that this psychic energy is like the taste of root beer, steak, ham, or so on, then the sky is the limit, as if Devraha Baba needed to do that. He was a saint/siddha master, after all. One doesn't come about that state so easily. It takes many years and lifetimes of training. And in India, one's reputation is constantly tested. You simply cannot BS an ancient civilization with lots of saddhus, other saints, mystics, gurus, and high yogis all around, who are also buying the publics' attention. And the thing with water, the water ingested is automatically digested with no waste because of the tremendous heat of the psychic force flowing in that saint's body, I would assume. The water was merely for cooling off the system. You also have to keep in mind that the nuclear-like force, not just a spark, of that psychic flow is happening 24/7, non-stop. It's partly the reason why he was dubbed a saint. It's one of the prerequisite, at least.

Babaji, another Indian saint, is an eternal being, who is still on this planet... :)

Unfortunately psychic energy wont keep a person alive for very long without actual nourishment to go along with it.

Unfortunately psychic energy wont keep a person alive for very long without actual nourishment to go along with it.

Fortunately, this saint proved everybody wrong. There are also saints who did the same thing, including one female. I believe the Yogananda book mentioned her.

No, "proved" is a far different thing than "believe". a lot of people "believe" in this guy, that does not mean that he has "proved" himself. Proof is a very definite thing. Not rumor and belief.

Folks like this never seem to do so well when they actually try to really prove themselves in a controlled setting where everyone has to be honest, and generally end up proving themselves to be far less than what they claim. It has happened before, it will happen again.

The society there eats this stuff up...

Too much is taken at face value and not questioned, too much is assumed to be true when that may not be the case.

The thing is: He could care less about proving himself. People actually sought him out without handing out flyers or publicity or PR agents running around in circles. Indian saints are there so that people could get that psychic nourishment because they natural flow with it, like a waterfall. He is what he was. Dead to the world. And as for myself, I could care less about proving anything. I do my spiritual work. I get results, concrete and otherworldly. I have no bills. Money is not a problem, so far. When I want things, I mostly get them. Does luck have something to do with it? I don't believe in luck. And I don't believe in gifts, either. At any rate, when I have time, I share my thoughts and experiences. The world will move on with or without me. As I said in my many posts, it's not even natural to grow..., but if strangers get inspired by these posts or give them energy to get a psychic breakthrough, hurray for them. They've learned their lessons well, I suppose. There will be skeptics..., no doubt. Yay, too. Thank God, however, that I'm not one of the skeptics. I, for one, have tons of spiritual work to be a skeptic and get into an argument with skeptics. I know where I'm at. I know too well my limitations. I have my prisons to be free from, and so on. Again, I have tons of work to do. I'm the last person to feel superior about anything because I know too well that there is that conscious force who is too aware of everything around..., believe it or not.

Peace to you, Fluffybunny.

No, "proved" is a far different thing than "believe". a lot of people "believe" in this guy, that does not mean that he has "proved" himself. Proof is a very definite thing. Not rumor and belief.

Folks like this never seem to do so well when they actually try to really prove themselves in a controlled setting where everyone has to be honest, and generally end up proving themselves to be far less than what they claim. It has happened before, it will happen again.

Too much is taken at face value and not questioned, too much is assumed to be true when that may not be the case.

• 2 years later...

I was browsing the net wen I happnd to read on thez posts abt Baba on this Blog forum.

Hence I have joined jst today !

I fully endorse Psychic Spy's views wch wre v wel draftd.

Fluffy Bunny, U sem so condescending in writng " The society there eats this stuff up... "

Rmembr, its alwz dis part of d world wch taught tru spirituality to da part of the world wer

U liv wch, I suppose is d west, Right !! :yes:

<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->The thing is: He could care less about proving himself. People actually sought him out without handing out flyers or publicity or PR agents running around in circles. Indian saints are there so that people could get that psychic nourishment because they natural flow with it, like a waterfall. He is what he was. Dead to the world. And as for myself, I could care less about proving anything. I do my spiritual work. I get results, concrete and otherworldly. I have no bills. Money is not a problem, so far. When I want things, I mostly get them. Does luck have something to do with it? I don't believe in luck. And I don't believe in gifts, either. At any rate, when I have time, I share my thoughts and experiences. The world will move on with or without me. As I said in my many posts, it's not even natural to grow..., but if strangers get inspired by these posts or give them energy to get a psychic breakthrough, hurray for them. They've learned their lessons well, I suppose. There will be skeptics..., no doubt. Yay, too. Thank God, however, that I'm not one of the skeptics. I, for one, have tons of spiritual work to be a skeptic and get into an argument with skeptics. I know where I'm at. I know too well my limitations. I have my prisons to be free from, and so on. Again, I have tons of work to do. I'm the last person to feel superior about anythie net ng because I know too well that there is that conscious force who is too aware of everything around..., believe it or not.

Peace to you, Fluffybunny.<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

<!--quoteo(post=2441295:date=Aug 12 2008, 11:05 PM:name=Fluffybunny)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fluffybunny @ Aug 12 2008, 11:05 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2441295"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->No, "proved" is a far different thing than "believe". a lot of people "believe" in this guy, that does not mean that he has "proved" himself. Proof is a very definite thing. Not rumor and belief.

Too much is taken at face value and not questioned, too much is assumed to be true when that may not be the case.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I was browsing the net wen I happnd to read on thez posts abt Baba on this Blog forum.

Fluffy Bunny, U sem so condescending in writng " The society there eats this stuff up... "

Rmembr, its alwz dis part of d world wch taught tru spirituality to da part of the world wer

"I was browsing the net when I happened to read these posts about Baba on this forum hence why I have just joined today! I fully endorse PsychicSpy's views which were very well drafted. FluffyBunny, you seem so condescending in writing for instance "The society there eats stuff up". Remember, it's always this part of the world which has taught through spirituality to the part of the world in which you live, I'm same in assuming that's the west, right!(?)"

We'll take all the west's scientific accomplishments back then and you can keep your spirituality, see who does the best out of that deal ;) Funny though how condescending your post was, assuming spirituality has a high and amazing knowledge worthy of teaching.

Kind regards,

Viral

• 2 years later...

i was told cow milk.......maybe just maybe beleaf as in tree as to be water when gold is weighed is not possible...

Edited by puglymai