Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Find yourself in someone elses body in sleep?

darkbreed

I just woke up doing exactly that and I even managed to find out her name. After looking it up on the internet, I actually found the person. This is so strange. But I remember I wrote my name down on a book as well. Maybe she will find me! Strange strange strange

After looking it up on the internet, I actually found the person.

Very weird...

That's the strangest topic here. So many questions... I'm not able to make Astral Project yet, but I know it's possible, but being in someone else body for a moment look impossible.

Are you in an alternate universe?

Is your true body is dead? Maybe your guide take your place, because he know how you act in normal life? Maybe you are in autopilot mode and nobody notice difference?

Too many things unanswered :(

Can it explain life after death? Reincarnation? Can it explain why you can't remember you as a baby (because you are not really here)?

Not often but I’ve had dreams where I’ve felt like me but out of place / in another era which has been in the distant past or future.

The only other type of dream which I can think of at the moment that may come close to possessing another body was one which I experienced in March 2011.

In that dream I had just drifted off to sleep when I felt myself floating along a silver looking corridor and then I saw a grey alien being walking towards me and it was wearing a red cloak with a hood.

Sometime later I was watching an episode of Stargate Universe and I saw a scene which was eerily reminiscent of that dream…However the place in my dream was more brightly lit and the internal structure was silver coloured and the alien a typical grey type which happened to be clothed.

• 8 months later...

No other weird experiences about that?

I mention reincarnation above, but I read that : http://www.charismanews.com/us/47938-colton-burpo-i-still-remember-my-experience-in-heaven

But at the same time I found that : http://www.military-technologies.net/2015/04/14/new-geological-analysis-greatly-bolsters-probability-tomb-of-jesus-has-been-found/ (Jesus had a wife and a child and was the child of Joseph.)

I don't believe in religion, but I'm confuse. A guy said he saw heaven, but at the same time we found that Jesus was just a normal guy (what I thought before). So I think reincarnation is the best thing to believe, but nobody really know what is happening after death. Black hole (what I hope is not true. If you don't exist anymore, it's sad, because you worked hard all your life for nothing lol.), reincarnation as a baby, can find yourself in someone else body and you ahve the live from there? Everything is so weird.

I don't believe in religion, but I'm confuse. A guy said he saw heaven, but at the same time we found that Jesus was just a normal guy (what I thought before). So I think reincarnation is the best thing to believe, but nobody really know what is happening after death. Black hole (what I hope is not true. If you don't exist anymore, it's sad, because you worked hard all your life for nothing lol.), reincarnation as a baby, can find yourself in someone else body and you ahve the live from there? Everything is so weird.

Hi,

Reincarnation is a logical belief to embrace. Most religions advocate that there is an after life. So why not see life and death as a cycle for this eternal soul most of us seem to agree we have.

John

• 1 year later...

I might as well delete my account as all the people who were talking on this topic aren't active anymore. I was really curious about the topic. I have never experienced being in someone else's body and wanted to know more about the experience. I guess this is another dead end. It's so frustrating when people claim that they've experienced this but don't want to talk about it.

• 5 months later...

It's Alright. I will talk to you about this if you wish. I believe that there is some relief in knowing others have had this unusual and sometimes frightening experience. Even the interest that strangers have is a bit consoling.

• 1 year later...
On 8/15/2008 at 7:39 PM, Synopsis said:

Hello, I have been experiencing these serial "inhabiting anothers body" over the past two months or so and became quite addicted to it. I followed similar methods as astral projection. The first time I simply awoke in her body. It was by complete accident. The more and more I did it the more and more of the steps I saw as I invaded her... It was quite horrifying. Most of the details of what happened I don't wish to share. I have shared them with darkbreed over IM's but I don't feel its something I wish to publicly release.

I feel if what I was experiencing was truly taking place I have harmed the said person and taken something very dear away from her. If you do have such an experiance do not attempt to repeat it on the same person, and do not interfere with their lives.

Mine was by complete accident and I feel my subconscious drive to repeat it allowed me to do so again.

If you do come to control this it can be dangerous in my opinion.

I am still unsure if what I experianced was real. But on the off chance it is, I do not wish to repeat the act on another person.

I know I am 10 years late but I'm trying to learn how to do something similar not all the bad stuff but the temporary takeing over people thing how did you do it if you want to tell if not can you give me a hint

• 5 months later...

Hi , I would like to share my story after reading yours. So last night I dreamt that I was in my friends body. Whom always shares a crazy spiritual connection with. So he was in a relationship with a girl (let’s call her Jen) for a year and half and have just recently broken up. But last night I went into my friends body (let’s call him Michael) and it were like I saw a vision form his eyes - I was in his body watching a memory happening right infront of me. He was looking at Jen tracing her nose to her chin her long eyelashes and her brown eyes - it was like I was completely in love with the Jen but I know it was Michael who was but I was in his body watching this memory. I can’t even explain it but it was like it wasn’t just my brain making up a memory I really saw through michaels yes I felt the love the emotions he had towards her. It was the weirdest experience I’ve ever felt . I was psychically in his body. - what does this mean? 

• 3 years later...

I've been doing this since I was a kid. I've google searched it dozens of times, because I knew I couldn't be the only one. But, this thread didn't show up until I searched yesterday. The only other mention of it that I have seen was a random book in a library in Louisiana a few years back. I was overjoyed to see that someone else somewhere knew what I was experiencing! The book is called Afar. I don't have the bodily control that some other people seem to, and I don't really want to. People can get really hurt or in deep trouble if we interfere.

My jumps are mostly into people experiencing panic and high stress. I can see what they see, hear what they think, and I will notice anything they focus on. It can stink, because there might be something I want to look more closely at or know more about, but they won't look at it or think it. They are very much still there and in control.

Various types of dreams occur for me; regular, jumps, premonitions/futures, past/present/other lives, etc. Because of that, it was very hard to distinguish the differences for awhile.

Regular dreams or more nonsensical, blurry, discombobulated. They don't feel like reality.

Seeing something related to the future is different enough from everything else to really stand out, it's always a static image or just me staring at something as if to emphasize its significance. I'm not moving, the image is barely moving if at all. My daughter for instance, I was sure I was going to have a boy first. But, I saw her in a dream when I was 4 weeks pregnant. Also, being pregnant really made my dream "powers" act insane. It was awful. I don't know if the kids or hormones were acting as amplifiers, but it was way too much. No personal control over seeing the future, and it's not very useful. I saw that an ex from over a decade before that I did not even talk to was having heart problems. Messaged him about it, and he confirmed that he had been struggling with heart problems and was exercising more and going vegetarian to deal with it already. If he already knew, then what use was the dream? I saw a boyfriend's room 2 years before we ever met. There was no real warning of what was coming. Just his unique bedroom and nothing else. I can only think of 2 that I have actually been able to use...

When I jump into my own body in another dimension or past life, it is MY body. I still have no control, but I'm not just viewing and listening in from a spot behind their eyes. I feel incredible comfortable and feel every inch of their skin, emotions, being. There was a girl I jumped into who felt like another life of mine. Everything seemed pretty close to this world, but she was a child and not leaving the hotel we were in. She was pigging out on cookies I had never even heard of and was sure would not exist here. The were on google though.

But, when I jump into someone else, I am very much separate. I feel and think everything separate. The overlap is more of a mental translation/link. I don't feel everything they feel, it's more of a deadened/vague version of what they are feeling. I don't have to look at only what they look at, but I cannot change the focus of it. So, if I look out of the corner of their eye while they stare straight ahead at something, then it will be blurry. I have taken control of their bodies, but it's generally in a moment of sheer terror or panic if I have not realized I'm in someone else. It's awful, because I don't know how to let go once I do without them calming down. If the person calms down and feels safe, then I am released back to my own body.

They used to be really infrequent, but I figured out how to increase them, and I may jump into multiple people in a night or no people at all. I've always had less of an ego and more of a disconnect. The less tied into my own ego I am, the more I slip into other people. The more I focus on myself, my life, me me me, the less I jump. Now that I figured that out, not only do I jump into other people's minds, I also jump into my own mind in other dimensions.

Interestingly, I did not realize my brain was translating what I was seeing and hearing until I was in someone running from something. When awake I had been trying to match experiences to on earth or not, humanoid or not, etc. This planet had human like people, and we had to get past a guard dog. Biology is a passion of mine, but the person would not look more closely at the dog. We were sneaking into the house of the bad guys, and in the entry way was a curio display of taxidermied dead animals. When the person first walked in, they barely glanced. I thought, this must be earth because I recognize those. In my surprise, I did a double take and accidentally grabbed control for just a split moment. Whatever was translating was not expecting it, and on second glace the animals were entirely alien. I understood that my brain had translated them into the comparable animals on earth at first glance.

I also realized that I can be a "conscience". I jumped into the subjects of some strange experiment once. They were not highly intelligent, but they were trying. I understood there would be dire consequences if rules weren't followed. The group had split into 2. One group had decided the rules didn't matter and were destroying things needed to follow the rules. A much smaller group that wanted to follow the rules of those running the experiment was trying to repair a stand that they needed to be on when time ran out, and I started trying to yell and communicate as hard as possible how to fix it. I don't know if it got through, but the one I was in went from helpless to trying exactly what I had been yelling to try to fix it.

There's a place I have jumped into years apart. In one jump it was a ruin, in another jump it was an apocalypse, in another I was skydiving onto the bridge, and in others I was in the mall next to it being chased or trying to follow the odd rules of the society. I recognize the building now, and I recognize the society when I see the rule being that we have to be absolutely silent and calm or else when society is still going.

The next place with the most jumps is what I call dark planet. The beings there don't have our tech or anything comparable. They migrate regularly between small cities. They are telepathic and can speak without words. The ground is covered in an onyx sand. We only see the outlines of ourselves and each other. I've never seen the sun there, but there are multiple moons. Since the moons glow, there must be a sun nearby. A friend pointed that out for me. I don't see any plants or food. Just following the glowing crystals to the next city lit with glowing crystals. They have doctors, and the medical device I saw was a dark, low lying reclined chair of stone with a giant onyx looking disc above emitting some energy. It felt hot and tingle and really intense when I reached towards it. We were a family unit of 4, and one of us needed to lie down under it. Most of the time though, I jump into someone while they travel. I can't tell if it's another life or a jump though. Their body sensations and thinking are not like ours enough for me to be sure. On the last jump, the person I was in looked down to their feet in the sand, and I saw the imprint of 3 long, claw like toes. It's my favorite planet though, very peaceful. I'm not sure why I jump into this person.

There's an incredibly violent world. Creatures from it make it into modern media quite a bit, so I'm convinced that someone spent a lot of time there and chose to turn them into cute entertainment in this world. They are not cute, and that world is cutthroat. Even being kind or offering to help someone is seen as incredibly abnormal. It's the harshest world I've been to. Most worlds are far worse than ours.

There was a world with an angel. I don't know what I was, but I was flying and moving my home from one place to another. It was not human looking, but not quite all bird looking either.

There was super people world. I jumped into someone as they were about to start a physical test. The start was a dock high in the air. The students jumped about 15 feet down to land on a circular wooden walkway of slats tied together. The walkway was being thrown up violently and pulled down under the water again. The students had to run laps without going into the water. After they were done running laps, they would finish by leaping off and swimming quickly to shore. They were faster, stronger, and hardier than us. That's why I call them super people, but they didn't have any superhero powers or anything that I saw. When he reach shore, he went to bug a girl he liked. A child showed up nearby, and he reacted like the child was from a wrong caste or something. It felt almost racist, but as if he was uncomfortable with it but it was what it was, and he had to tell the child to go away. I could see no obvious difference between the child and the teens.

Yesterday, I jumped into someone else who had powers for the first time. She was trying to make buttered toast on a stove. I wondered why she didn't just use a turner instead of her hands. Why was it so hard to just make toasts? She was really struggling. She finally grabbed a turner, but her hand was not obeying her. the turner flipped backwards out of her hand and onto the floor when she tried to make it go forwards to go under the toast. There was an older adult male there with another kid, he was here friend. They went downstairs. A roommate came in and attacked the girl I was in. She screamed while they were on the floor. A female roommate came in and told the girl to leave. She was happy to, because she couldn't be near that man. She got disoriented on her way out. There was a girl in a room by a door. She asked the girl if this was a door going out, the girl said yes. She went outside to a parking lot and looked around for a car she might recognize, and she pulled out a phone to call what she vaguely thought of an uncle-ish relative. But, she was intentionally being vague in the way she asked him about a car. She said, Do you have a car for me that I can use? He sounded like he was at a party, but he said he could get her one. She walked around to see where she was to give him directions. This has happened to me many times in a jump where I tried to figure out where I was but was not sure how. We ended up across the parking lot in a narrow street, and she felt like she was being watched or followed. Then she was sure she was. We started running, but she was jumping between dimensions while running! Sometimes it was the girl from the house in different outfits, but we didn't feel threatened by her. She had never made any move to hurt us. Then, there was a group of at least 5 people chasing us. We rounded a corner and ran into the little girl again. She asked, why are you following us. The girl said she's hired to follow people sometimes. We grabbed her hand and ran some more from the people. We ran into a wall with fencing. There was a square cut into the wall and on the other side an open space and then another square in the ceiling. Problem was, there was thin, white netting in the space to keep things from getting through. Since the girl was so small, I was able to get her through easily. I tried to jump in behind thinking I could climb up the net carefully but got tangled up immediately. She was pulling me trying to get me up, but I was much bigger. She started saying something over and over. Then, a lady grabbed her by the arm and yelled, No, you almost killed her. You're a tele [something]...! I missed the rest, because I disappeared from where I was and reappeared in a different part of the space still in that same area. That girl could teleport people! The women told her to follow the words, chase the words, find the words, and she will move where you want her to. So, instead of grabbing me, the girl was chanting and punching holes in the ceiling. For some reason I felt like it would work, and then I was pushed out of the girl and back to my body.

I've been in people as they were dying. I was still in elementary school the first time someone shoved me from a building during a jump. As we fell, I realized that it's not the fall or even hitting the ground and dying that hurt. It was the lack of control, sheer terror, and so much time watching the ground come to meet you knowing there was absolutely nothing that could save you. That's what gets you. I've seen worlds end in multiple ways. There's just so much.

Sometimes I wonder if those moments when people freak out and freeze up are because someone jumped into them and messed them up. Or, those times when someone blacks out or does something they would never do is it really them? I know people got hurt when I was a kid jumping, because I accidentally took over in life or death situations and took away their ability to save their selves and made bad choices.

I'm convinced that a lot of creatures people tell stories about or make movies about about were simply seen in a dream by a traveler and they made it popular through story telling... Not all, but when you see them first hand then they stick out like a sore thumb when you see or hear about them here. Maybe even some tech as well, someone was lucky enough to jump into a person who understood it and was able to bring it back. No one I jump into knows how their tech works, so I cannot begin to figure out if it's useful here.

Now, I worry about if I'm ever even back in my own body. I spent so much time finding basic things to compare between dimensions and lives. As a child, I could memorize 80% of everything I read with a semi photographic memory. I know for a fact that I was taught multiple years as a child that our sun was a yellow giant. Now, google says it's a white/yellow dwarf.... A few other people I know also remember learning it was a yellow giant from textbooks. That's a pretty significant and bizarre change. It's not the only one, but it's the most definitely one. I see no records in this reality of the sun ever having been called a giant or having been reclassified. So, now I wonder if I switched with another me and didn't even notice the change until later. Some dimensions are obviously different, and some are too similar to notice without serious digging.

• Like 1

On 10/14/2022 at 7:48 AM, nightjump87 said:

Now, I worry about if I'm ever even back in my own body. I spent so much time finding basic things to compare between dimensions and lives. As a child, I could memorize 80% of everything I read with a semi photographic memory

I've never heard of this on your scale, I believe your accounts, how do you cope with this all the time?

• Like 1

On 10/13/2022 at 3:48 PM, nightjump87 said:

Now, I worry about if I'm ever even back in my own body.

The thing you have to know is that you are never leaving your own body.  It's all in your mind right?  You know that right?

On 10/16/2022 at 12:07 PM, joc said:

The thing you have to know is that you are never leaving your own body.  It's all in your mind right?  You know that right?

The thing you have to know is that is something you believe and couldn't possibly know to be true and certainly couldn't prove, right? This is a woo thread; let's let the woo people go about their business in peace, shall we?

Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:
On 10/16/2022 at 11:07 AM, joc said:

The thing you have to know is that is something you believe and couldn't possibly know to be true and certainly couldn't prove, right? This is a woo thread; let's let the woo people go about their business in peace, shall we?

I am going to attempt to wrap my brain around your statement.  My 'knowing' that you cannot leave your body is not really something I know...it is my Belief that one cannot leave their body?

And that one leaving their body is not provable?  Am I  understanding correctly or did I just misunderstand you? 

It is entirely provable and if you want to coddle Woo...you go right ahead.  I prefer to embrace the truth, not coddle Woo because the Woo crowd might feel uncomfortable if I point out they are delusional.

Edited by joc

On 4/19/2015 at 9:41 AM, John from Lowell said:

Hi,

Reincarnation is a logical belief to embrace. Most religions advocate that there is an after life. So why not see life and death as a cycle for this eternal soul most of us seem to agree we have.

John

You know what the funny thing is about Nude Beaches is John?  If you are on the regular beach and strip naked...everyone will be looking at you as though you are not normal.  On the nude beach, the funny thing is that if you are wearing a swimsuit...everyone will look at you as though you are not normal.  Normal is a perception that the majority of people have about a certain thing.  ...and then there is that pesky little rabbit we call  The Truth.  The truth is we were born naked...the truth is we wear clothing for protection...the truth is...none of that matters, it is the perception of normality that matters.

There is nothing Logical about reincarnation.  That most religions advocate an afterlife is irrelevant.   The perception of normality does not equal the truth...it is a perception.  You are correct on one point though.  Most people seem to agree that life exists after we die...that our consciousness continues on throughout eternity.

That perception is completely normal...and it is completely false.  Interesting that Religion advocates life after death...but science doesn't.  Logic doesn't.  There is absolutely nothing logical about reincarnation. 

3 hours ago, joc said:

I am going to attempt to wrap my brain around your statement.  My 'knowing' that you cannot leave your body is not really something I know...it is my Belief that one cannot leave their body?

And that one leaving their body is not provable?  Am I  understanding correctly or did I just misunderstand you? 

It is entirely provable and if you want to coddle Woo...you go right ahead.  I prefer to embrace the truth, not coddle Woo because the Woo crowd might feel uncomfortable if I point out they are delusional.

Show me your proof, then. Just saying it and believing it isn't evidence, not for them and not for you. You're asking them to trade their unsubstantiated positive for your unsubstantiated negative. Lots of luck with that.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Show me your proof, then. Just saying it and believing it isn't evidence, not for them and not for you. You're asking them to trade their unsubstantiated positive for your unsubstantiated negative. Lots of luck with that.

So what we are talking about is one's own Consciousness leaving one's own body and living in the body of another person temporarily.  Just to be clear:

The problem is that they cannot prove that occurrence happened or that it is even possible.  They cannot prove it because it isn't real.

I do not have to prove that they didn't leave their body.  What you are really saying is that I cannot prove a negative...to which I concur absolutely.   Nor do I think my words will change anyone's beliefs.  

Like I said, I live in the real world...and in the real world...there exist some people who are delusional.  I simply point out the delusion.  It is a statement of fact and not intended to dissuade them from their delusion.  

6 minutes ago, joc said:

Like I said, I live in the real world.

You live in your reality tunnel. Not the real world. You've constructed a model of reality based upon beliefs. Which makes you no different than anyone else. You're taking your reality tunnel for the end all and be all of everything for everyone else. Which isn't so. 

4 hours ago, joc said:

Most people seem to agree that life exists after we die...that our consciousness continues on throughout eternity.

I Know that life exists after I die. ..and that consciousness will continue on.    I don’t know if  My  life and  My  consciousness will..  I also don’t know if My life&consciousness are entirely separate ..from all life&consciousness.     It would seem odd to me if it was. :P

• Like 1

1 hour ago, joc said:

So what we are talking about is one's own Consciousness leaving one's own body and living in the body of another person temporarily.  Just to be clear:

If we’re talking about reincarnation..isn’t it believed to be more like….leaving one’s ‘old’ body and being born into one’s new body to continue on , in.     Same ‘person’.?

3 hours ago, lightly said:

If we’re talking about reincarnation..isn’t it believed to be more like….leaving one’s ‘old’ body and being born into one’s new body to continue on , in.     Same ‘person’.?

Sure whatever...old body, new body, this body, that bady, everybody, lives in my body sometime....

It still isn't logical.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, XenoFish said:

You live in your reality tunnel. Not the real world. You've constructed a model of reality based upon beliefs. Which makes you no different than anyone else. You're taking your reality tunnel for the end all and be all of everything for everyone else. Which isn't so. 

Sorry Xeno...but the Reality Tunnel doesn't quite cut it.  You.ve bought into an idea that isn't really logically sound.  So that is your belief.  I don't believe that water freezes at 32F/0C...it does.  That isn't my reality tunnel...that IS reality.  So, no, I'm not buying into your everything is a reality tunnel and it's only real to you and no one else philosophy.  There is truth in that but it has to do with perceptions of reality...not reality itself.  

Edited by joc
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, lightly said:

I Know that life exists after I die. ..and that consciousness will continue on.    I don’t know if  My  life and  My  consciousness will..  I also don’t know if My life&consciousness are entirely separate ..from all life&consciousness.     It would seem odd to me if it was. :P

Who knows lightly...there might be an ethereal connection between all life forms.  I will live my life according to what I know.  Because it really doesn't matter does it...what the truth is...the truth is the truth...our thoughts and beliefs about it will not change it.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, joc said:

Sorry Xeno...but the Reality Tunnel doesn't quite cut it.  You.ve bought into an idea that isn't really logically sound.  So that is your belief.  I don't believe that water freezes at 32F/0C...it does.  That isn't my reality tunnel...that IS reality.  So, no, I'm not buying into your everything is a reality tunnel and it's only real to you and no one else philosophy.  There is truth in that but it has to do with perceptions of reality...not reality itself.  

So you claim. You are no more anchored in reality than anyone else. You're just pretending that you are. Acting as if you are the only one with the truth. So hollow, so empty. I once knew what it was like to be dead inside. Glad I am not you, so little imagination.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

42 minutes ago, joc said:

Who knows lightly...there might be an ethereal connection between all life forms.  I will live my life according to what I know.  Because it really doesn't matter does it...what the truth is...the truth is the truth...our thoughts and beliefs about it will not change it.  

I envy your logical outlook :)  i complicate everything.     As for The Truth being the truth..that’s true I guess, except for truth that hasn’t happened yet!?      There has been a lot thought and written about our thoughts  (and resultant responses & re-actions)   having an effect on shaping ,changing, our future reality/truth?     But, ya, I guess your talking more about ultimate ,unchangeable, truth..demonstrable fact .  ?         As for connection, I reckon life and the universe IS connection & interaction.   Not an entirely unconnected collection of entirely separate     things.    ??

Edited by lightly
  • Like 1