Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Find yourself in someone elses body in sleep?

darkbreed

well we all have to go thru the mill my friend, one way or another.

the point is how you put yourself together after the hardship....sorry if i blacked your day by saying that i smoked malboros for a decade and a half, and had a liking in johnny and jack 'spirits'......................lol

bless ya!!

No you are misreading me totally, you did not black my ay by what you had did..not at all, like I said nevermind

No you are misreading me totally, you did not black my ay by what you had did..not at all, like I said nevermind

come on....come on....say it or im gonna tikcle you......come on.........

I also use the terms "magick" and "psychic" abilities etc relatively loosely. But to me personally both of these would really be the same, and with that I mean that it is the use of your mind to alter reality, either the external reality or the internal reality, or to gain insights and experiences in either of these two forms in a way that is beyond "normal" way of getting insights and experiences, in other words through "spiritual" ways.

Regarding Karma, for me it is as I said, what you do now is what matters, what you did in the past may have influenced your current life, but you can fix that in the now so in a sense the past does not really matter, it is the "now" that matters. Your theory/experience (?) of karma does not really apply to me from my personal experiences, and it is not the "karma" you fulfill but your Dharma. And these are just old indian terms, we could call it many other things. I do agree that "karma" is what you do to yourself, and what you do to yourself is also manifested through what you do to others, in my experience. To say it in a simple way, to ME karma is the result you get back from what you do in your life, good deeds give back goodness, and bad deeds come back with badness. "You reap as you sow" as it has been said. For me there is only two ways a practitioner can be affected by Karma, or affect his own Karma rather, and that is either by good or bad deeds. What is good and bad is open for speculation, but for me from my experiences there are spiritual laws in place that takes care of this process and makes it rather clear for you if you are on the "right" or "wrong" path, as if you are doing the right things you should be in harmony and balance and things should be good for you in virtually any way, but if you are on the "wrong" path problems and disharmony will be part of your life. In what way one "meets ones ends" is rather irrelevant to me, as there is only two ways, either good or bad, and as mentioned you should easily know if you are doing the good or bad way. I find my own life to be quite balanced and harmonized, and things go "my way" and there is generally no problems. When any problems arise I usually quickly realize the reason for the problem and can thus fix it to restore the balance and harmony.

That's how it is for me anyway. And I'm sorry if i didnt make enough sense or answer your question properly, it is very late here, heh, actually it is 2 pm and I didnt sleep at all I've been up all night, and I did drink a couple of beers which doesnt exactly improve my skills of expressing myself =)

And with that I will say good "night" for now as I'm almost passing out here, so cheers and have a nice one!

Peace profound be with you all!

-Edward Alexander

hello again,

i use the world magic very loosely because the word 'paranormal' doesn't gel with me and i feel that it dosent necessary describes anything -para- normal (para is greek means product /by product), is just a word used to describe beyond to normal phenomena

the certain mind you talk about should -preferably- be, the one of balance, clear intention , and well define goals...sounds like a rare specimen okay.....

what I'm actually asking you and others is whether ''the practitioner'' inhibits his own karma, as in present / past, by invoking the world of spirit so to meet his own ends.

i know this is very personal question and has lots of 'its' to it but hey, this question was indented to become off topic and once we have summarised it, to make a conclusion appropriate enough for all to understand.

karma as a concept in its wider context, means a 'debt' something that you have done, is done to you -by you-, in order to learn and never do it again so to speak. so to recap, if the practitioner invokes natural aspects to meet his ends, how he fulfils his karma without going thru the motions of repentance?

xx

another book i recomend is The Boy who Saw Truth' by Cyril Scott.

is written in a novel format but speaks about OBE, so its easier to digest....pretty much like watching Harry Potter

xx

I also use the terms "magick" and "psychic" abilities etc relatively loosely. But to me personally both of these would really be the same, and with that I mean that it is the use of your mind to alter reality, either the external reality or the internal reality, or to gain insights and experiences in either of these two forms in a way that is beyond "normal" way of getting insights and experiences, in other words through "spiritual" ways.

mmm. So, basically you believe that your experience is by '"spiritual"' means, and NOT by the Psyche?

mmm. So, basically you believe that your experience is by '"spiritual"' means, and NOT by the Psyche?

'psyche' is your life energy/ life force

'spirituality' is a state in which your senses imprint a signal on your etheric body; ie; been in love is a state of mind, you can touch the person but also been in love, its a process in which you expand your emotional horizons so to speak. you can cultivate your spirituality thru' art, music, love, nature, study....etc

so experiencing 'para - normal' or 'meta-physical phenomena, is a memory of an already 'grooved' emotion which it has imprinted itself on your ehteric body , a memory which has given you some pleasure/ excitement in the past.

hope that makes sense

ps that was hard one sis

x

Well for me physical life itself is a "spiritual" thing so yes I assume you can say I mean it is a spiritual and not psychological experience, but then again psyche and mind is part of the spirit for me, so I could equally well say it is a psychological experience as well (which it really is in any case as well considering the impact the experience has on the psyche).

To me a spiritual experience is when you realize that your experience is something more than a normal "physical" experience or experience that can be explained by traditional science such as psychology etc, and you understand it is part of a higher divine creation.

I agree with Saturnrings that you can cultivate your spirituality through love, art, music, study etc, but I would also like to mentions that these very same things can be an expression of the spirituality.

If that made any sense =)

-EA

• 1 year later...

Hi All,

I dreamed I woke up in someone else's body while something bad happened to her. She was a very slim girl with dark hair in a bob. She had dark skin also (hispanic I thought) but she spoke English very well if she was. She lived in a house which was on a farm with real wood flooring and there were two young boys aged 6-8 living with her. I don't know if she was their sister or a nanny. When I got out of her bed it felt like I was drunk when I was walking to the kitchen in her house, my body felt very heavy even though the girl was about a size 4. I spoke with one of the boys and there were two fridges in the kitchen, which the young boy couldn't understand why I didn't know that! I feel this girl may have died but I have never met this girl before.

This phenomena has happened before on two occasions and I went to a different house two times, the second time the parents were older. I have once been also contacted by someone who had been stabbed and died, when I checked out the name he gave me,it was true. This has all been within the last 6 months which is wierd.

I dont take drugs at all except for those prescribed by my GP. Any thoughts anyone????

Thanks

K

Oh interesting^^

I get dreams like this too, but in my case i understand why i get them. I think it's something you should work out on your own though, and i say that for a reason. You are being given the experience for a reason and there's so much more which you could gain from that, like learning to trust your own intuition and feelings by coming to the conclusion yourself. Other peoples opinions could interfere with learning something which only these kind of experiences are valuable in giving, imo. That might sound heavy, cheesy, whatever, but it's just a personal belief of mine.

Put it this way, when it comes to all this I value the subjective experience highly from a 'personal developmental' point of view. If someone had answered all my questions for me, the experience could not have impacted me in the same way.

When you have a firm idea of what you think is happening and why, then I'm all for having a discussion about it.

Do you have an idea why ?

• 1 year later...

I don't know if this is still active. But heres sort of similar story. About 12 years ago (and it still bothers me) i ended up in an imaginary world every night while i was asleep for three months. Only it was more real that reality itsself, and because of that i was scared of falling asleep for first couple of weeks, but then calmed down when i let them happen. There were strange trees, landscape, cities, lots of people. Somewhere i had never been before. I had a mission there but god knows what it was but i was always busy whether sorting things out or doing everyday things like shopping or eating. Interestingly every time i went to sleep i appeared in that world as if the same amount of time had passed by in the other world - appearing in middle of doing something. I tried with all of my heart to try to remember/find out anything that would give me any clues where it might have been, but i couldnt do much - how would i know the difference in language or faces when all i knew there was local and nothing foreign?! I have been trying to find out if there is such place on earth. My close friends think i've just seen a dream and there is no such place, but, about a month ago i saw a nature program of Panama in S-Am and i literally almost jumped. Thise trees and places, lakes, towns. It's 95% what was my dream except.. There was a large cathedral like church or sth nearby sea (maybe massive lake) where people used to gather and i haven't been able to find it on a map. Does anyone know Panama at all? And how is it possible to do something like this in your dreams?

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know if this is still active. But heres sort of similar story. About 12 years ago (and it still bothers me) i ended up in an imaginary world every night while i was asleep for three months. Only it was more real that reality itsself, and because of that i was scared of falling asleep for first couple of weeks, but then calmed down when i let them happen. There were strange trees, landscape, cities, lots of people. Somewhere i had never been before. I had a mission there but god knows what it was but i was always busy whether sorting things out or doing everyday things like shopping or eating. Interestingly every time i went to sleep i appeared in that world as if the same amount of time had passed by in the other world - appearing in middle of doing something. I tried with all of my heart to try to remember/find out anything that would give me any clues where it might have been, but i couldnt do much - how would i know the difference in language or faces when all i knew there was local and nothing foreign?! I have been trying to find out if there is such place on earth. My close friends think i've just seen a dream and there is no such place, but, about a month ago i saw a nature program of Panama in S-Am and i literally almost jumped. Thise trees and places, lakes, towns. It's 95% what was my dream except.. There was a large cathedral like church or sth nearby sea (maybe massive lake) where people used to gather and i haven't been able to find it on a map. Does anyone know Panama at all? And how is it possible to do something like this in your dreams?

Sounds like an astral projection experience.

A full blown out of body experience is as real as anything, and can happen in dimensions that are as "physical" as our own with little distinction, with people etc living there, people you know there, and quite often some "mission" you are on.

I recommend reading the astral projection threads here, and get some books on astral projection like www.astraldynamics.com or Robert Monroe's books.

Cheers

• 2 months later...

i had a dream like that last nigh, its funny how it started me and two other people were running trying to achieve a goal of some sort before the enemies noticed us but of course when we reached the end someone on the team messed up and we got caught and if they catch you, you were to be killed right on the spot. this is where it gets a bit more interesting, when we got caught by the others i volunteered to be the first one who gets "killed" i just remember this man with a beard coming up to me and placing his hand on my head and within seconds i felt my heart stop beating but wile this was happening i had one thing on my mind and that was that this life were living in is only temporary and the life after is better so having that in mind i didn't hesitate much to accept my fate. but as soon as my heart stopped for a few seconds i remember being in a dark room but then suddenly waking up in someone else's body around random people i have never meet but wile I'm in this body i still have all of my memories from my previous body so i was really confused as to what happened but at the same time in the back of my head i was thinking to myself this might be reincarnation or something like that. i was obviously disorientated and asked everyone around me whats going on but they all seem to be confused, Before i go any further you should probably know I am 20 years old and i'm from the middle east currently living in Canada for the past 10 years so yes i am brown. The reason i said that was because when i woke up i was a caucasian male who was in some sort of a university dorm. And the funny thing is when i asked what year was it they said to me in was 2508 or something around there. obviously i was crushed because i started thinking about my family and how if I'm in this body why do i still have memories from my past life where a guy with a long beard killed me. but eventually i found my way to the guys room who's body i was in and it was covered in spider webs for some reason and it was messy but there was a closet in there with two locks on it. bunch of other stuff happened but i'm sure I'm going to bore you with it but yeah all i wanted to say was i had a similar experience as you the world i woke up in was nothing like the world i'm living in now and its something i won't forget.

Edited by HarisM

Maybe you got a glimpse of your future self in 2508. Or maybe it was a journey to remind you of the concept of reincarnation. Of course nothing is set in stone.

What did the world look like in 2508 ?

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi, I'm knew to this forum.

Sorry to post on this old topic, but I found other topics about the same things :

http://www.unexplain...howtopic=140242

http://www.unexplain...howtopic=183967

http://www.unexplain...pic=166080&st=0

And what I want to know about being in someone else body is what's happening to your body. Why you don't die? What happens to your body when you are into someone else for days, weeks or months?

Can you control when you want to be back in your body?

For exemple, if during the night I want to experience the life of someone else or an animal (don't know), is it possible to be back for the morning to wake up?

Sorry, I'm very new to OBE and don't really know how to do that. Sometime, when I'm very tired and it's happen in cars everytime when my families and I are travelling, I feel like I felt from the bed and just wake up very fast, but each time, I say to myself "Comon, you almost get out" and can't do that again...

Sorry for my english, I'm fench.

Edited by Nic727

And what I want to know about being in someone else body is what's happening to your body. Why you don't die? What happens to your body when you are into someone else for days, weeks or months?

The two different realities may be taking place at different time speeds eg time playing out in the other may be running faster then the one here.

Can you control when you want to be back in your body?

Ive found the longer Im experiencing being elsewhere, the harder it can be come back. A couple of times I experienced being elsewhere but on those two occassions it wasnt in a different body but in a duplicate of the one I got now (so out of body) and struggled to come back, so ended up having to experience a few days elsewhere (while time where this body was was only hours). Anyway it was scary as I really thought I was going to be in the other place forever.. I tried so many times to come back to this body and failed.

Whereas where Ive experienced time flowing the same way in minutes etc, but not necessarily in the same time period.. its in those experiences Ive experienced a body swap (except vortex no time zone).

I once found myself in a dolphins body and nearly drowned the dolphin after taking over it, after a brief movement of enjoying the feel of it swimming, I paniced about being underwater

and there ended up being like a battle of wills between me and the dolphin to control its body (it was like we both were in there at same time).. till it felt like it kicked me out of its body.

Another time I found myself in the body of one of my past selves (while still experiencing my body here).. she was a shaman and very aware of me being there with her, looking at of her eyes.. at the same time ..she was able to look out of my eyes here.

Actually neither of those were complete body swaps but more like body sharing for a very brief time... (only lasted many seconds).

I possibly lost my contact with my last body if what I experienced was true.. I had a walk-in experience into this one after being stuck in a vortex I'd entered from another body, it was like lots of bodies* lead to a timeless vortex (all my other lives coming into a central point?????).. and when I got into this one (I forgot which way I'd entered into the vortex so didnt know which way to move out of it from so just randonly took one of the many many ways out).. I didnt know myself when I found myself in this one (from the vortex my memory was wiped out).

It took days of getting used to this body's children and that, they were like strangers to me, I took the children on as if it was like a duty, an agreement I'd made (well I couldnt abandon them even if they werent my own, they were this bodies). All I had is this bodies memories which like downloaded into my head. I went from having no memories on first being here, to reaching out with my consciousness and first first single memories and then more and more came in.. like pulling on a spiders web, the threads and then suddenly the whole thread comes. Each piece connected to other pieces.

its quite strange thinking Im in a different body to the one I was previously in. The body I entered was around her early 30s at the time.

* I didnt see the other bodies but it was more like a knowing thing that the frequencies one could shift throu. which were all surrounding the vortex.. each path (not a literal path like a pathway) throu them could lead to a different place, a different body. It was more about vibrational placement **sighs.. Im finding it near impossible to explain what I experienced and Im sure Im giving the wrong impression as I just cant explain it thou I know clearly what I felt and experienced**

For exemple, if during the night I want to experience the life of someone else or an animal (don't know), is it possible to be back for the morning to wake up?

The easiest to to feel like you are having an experience like that is via lucid dreaming.

Edited by sea-dove

Fascinating subject and one that I had too until I discovered it was all a farce, for me that is, as someone else or a party of some one else's was responsible for putting me in various experiences, kindly though they were but they relented with the promise to resume at another time as this was both experimental and educational for them.

Still the arrogance of it all done me in but at the same time there is nothing I or most others could do about it as these folks were simply too advanced and superior in their tech do anything about it all.

Odd thing I found was that we were not supposed to be aware of it as it was all supposed to be kept back from us.

What I garnered is that we are used to correct certain deficiencies in scenarios that weren't quite the way they were supposed to be somehow and that these folks were the fixers for inconsistencies in the mechanics of the greater cause, what ever that may be...

This of course doesn't describe all such events, just my recollection based upon the similarities I read here of the subject matter....

The two different realities may be taking place at different time speeds eg time playing out in the other may be running faster then the one here.

its quite strange thinking Im in a different body to the one I was previously in. The body I entered was around her early 30s at the time.

Hi,

thx to answer, if I understand, it's like another dimension? You can be in the other body for X years and when you quit, you will be back the morning you experience that? It's weird...

If it's like that, what happen to your "body" in the other time speed area? Are you dead?

Sorry If I'm strange, but I don't know how to do Astral Project (OBE) and I'm very courious about that. I tried a lot of method, but don't know how to make them work. I will create another topic later about "How to?"...

thank's

ok I think I got it. So when you are in the Astral, there is no time rules. So you can go in the past or the futur (like the guy before who was in 2508) right? But is it the true past or futur? For exemple, if you return into the past and change something in the history, will it change our present time?

And if I understand, even if you are in the futur or in another body (human or animal) for 50 years, you will be able to return at the time you are sleeping (if you can control it). But at the same time, it's completly crazy and doesn't make sense. If you control someone in the present time, at the same time, you will be dead in that time or will just not exist in this world/dimension/or whatever it call? But when you will return to the time you left your body, the person you were in will remember nothing, because it never happen?

That's not logic, but I believe you.

Hi,

thx to answer, if I understand, it's like another dimension? You can be in the other body for X years and when you quit, you will be back the morning you experience that? It's weird...

If it's like that, what happen to your "body" in the other time speed area? Are you dead?

No the other bodies arent dead.. their other consciousness are in them eg my other self has her body, the dolphin has his body. No idea thou what happened to my other body before the vortex (maybe another soul took over it or maybe it died.. who knows).

Edited by sea-dove

No the other bodies arent dead.. their other consciousness are in them eg my other self has her body, the dolphin has his body. No idea thou what happened to my other body before the vortex (maybe another soul took over it or maybe it died.. who knows).

but when you return to your body, what happened to yourself, you return in the past (from the dolphin time) or maybe your body is in a kind of autopilot and controlling by itself and saying things like you like if nothing happen (but I doubt it).

When you are in another body, do you speak the language of the body? How the dolphin are communicating?

Edited by Nic727

Someone should try to visit himself from someone else body to see if he is in auto-pilot mode or if he is just in an infinite sleep.

Sorry, sometimes during the day I have some questions coming in my head and this one I need to know too.

- When you are into someone else body, is it easier to get out of this body to go back in your own or you need to do the same steps?

And I doubt that you die when you are out of your real body for X years, because I don't want to wake up in an hospital after a 3 years coma... or in your coffin. But like I said in the post before, you should try to visit yourself, maybe you are in auto-pilot mode...

When you are in another body, do you speak the language of the body? How the dolphin are communicating?

As the native amercian shaman, I didnt speak, I just stood there looking out from her eyes seeing what her body was seeing but it was like my mind in her body so I guess if "I" spoke it would of been my tongue as I didnt know her language.. its like we could feel and sense things from each other eg I knew what she'd been thinking about while standing there.. but it wasnt like we knew everything.

The dolpin, its hard to explain but it was just there, I knew it was there and I could feel the dolphin spirit was there too.. body sharing with me (like empathically feel).

Edited by sea-dove

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

the world is full of mysteries and that's what I found (dont know if everything is true).

Our higher selfs (souls, higher consciousness, actual selves or call it what you like) never sleeps, doesn't need sleep or rest.

It "is" our being, our energy, the "I am" of who we are. No one, other energy, soul or consciousness can enter anothers vessel without consent. We can "share" energy, join together, use it, barrow some, and even steel it (some poor sap who allows it to be taken...but, even on some level knows it is happening)

You'd perhaps see through their eyes for a moment at best. Nothing more. No access to their emotions, memories, thoughts, dreams etc. No control of their body (including sub-conscious functions like breathing, reflexes, digestion, blinking, heart rate, bowel functions too). Our brains are unique in that they have grown with us in a particular way from our experiences, thoughts and imagination. So how could anyone's consciousness understand the neural arrangement of someone else's brain? It would be dangerous to the body owner. But I'd love to be proved wrong...

People traveling out of body, even on here if I recall correctly, have claimed seeing "doubles" of themselves. This has been explained or at least highly theorized that it is the soul/higher self standing guard over your physical sleeping self. It never leaves your body and it's been theorized that it has less of a "range" of movement than the astral self does.

It’s also been attempted by a few who say it is nearly impossible (sort of like sticking a key into the wrong door, you just can’t get in) as well as dangerous in the possibility of becoming displaced from your own body permanently. You would most likely be found dead of “natural causes”.

But whatever, what do you think? Are you dying of "natural causes"? I think not because you are back, but like I said, it's full of mysteries. Maybe it's a dream?

Edited by Nic727