Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Georgian bigfoot evidence to be revealed later today

UM-Bot

news icon rIn the hairy and hoax-filled history of Bigfoot, those who believe in the mythical beast have offered up all manner of evidence, from grainy photos to hoarse recordings to tracks of those aforementioned feet.

But [later today] at a hotel in Palo Alto, Calif.

news icon View: Full Article | Source: New York Times

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Guyver

• SoCrazes

• Neognosis

• MasterPo

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I suppose this is at the very least worth checking out later on today.

I hope this turns out to be real and not some b.s. hoax. It just seems odd the guys run a bigfoot biz and they "happen" upon the holy grail of cryptids.

I hope this turns out to be real and not some b.s. hoax. It just seems odd the guys run a bigfoot biz and they "happen" upon the holy grail of cryptids.

Just imagine if this is the real deal. It should be breaking news on all major news outlets.

I'm still not getting my hopes up though.

This has got to be a viral marketing stunt.

Is there a movie about bigfoot or some other forest monster coming out soon?

Maybe it's related to the rumored "Cloverfield 2" movie? Back when the first movie came out I read some places that a followup was due out in September.

Wake me up when the DNA test comes in.

I'll be very surprised if this is not a hoax. I'm surmising that today will bring some "evidence" that big foot exists (who is doing the DNA testing?). Today's news regarding this will most likely be a theatrical display; afterwhich, I'm guessing that the "finders of big foot" will claim, in their many books and DVDs ($$$$$), that the government, or other "conspiratorial entity" came in and took away their evidence in a big coverup. Don't be fooled, don't buy the book, the line, nor the sinker.

If these "big foot" finders were in seach of truth, they would've had a world reknown museum working with them.

Please let it be real! Please let these guys not be hoaxers!

If you have something this important to the scientific community why wait all this time?? Why the big build up?? This has a circus type feel to it. I'll become a believer when I see some credible evidence, examined by credible ppl not affiliated with these guys.

If these "big foot" finders were in seach of truth, they would've had a world reknown museum working with them.

Money and greed can corrupt us all.

come on people....what happens when a new insect, or even bacteria is discovered?

REAL researchers verify the data and evidence and the body right away. First off, there is no such thing as bigfoot. He is a biological impossibility. Second, let's say a new species of rodent is discovered...actual biologists and zoologists are called in right away and they begin publishing papers in peer reviewed journals ASAP. This is a big joke. Any critical analysis reveals as much.

As far as I know the closest thing there is that might count as evidence is that unidentified hair sample...Even then it could just be hair of an exotic animal.

come on people....what happens when a new insect, or even bacteria is discovered?

REAL researchers verify the data and evidence and the body right away. First off, there is no such thing as bigfoot. He is a biological impossibility. Second, let's say a new species of rodent is discovered...actual biologists and zoologists are called in right away and they begin publishing papers in peer reviewed journals ASAP. This is a big joke. Any critical analysis reveals as much.

Ditto! I'm done giving these "big foot" finders (or big profit seekers) the time of day. You may believe what you want but I suspect that the spirit of PT Barnum is involved (i.e., "There's a sucker born every minute.").

Keep in mind these guys are not researchers or scientists. Just a couple Joe Bubba's and pals who claim to have found this thing in the woods.

I still hold this is a marketing campaign for some movie or TV show.

well i hope people understand why im saying this but i actually hope this isnt real because it does mean that it still could be real and that it could be fake but that still also means that theres a possibility that hes somewhere alive

when an actual dna test is done by reputable people, and the main stream media has picked this story up with an "air" of truthfulness to their reporting, I may give this story some creedence, til then it is what it is, a funny side-line circus like story that only the non-real media (like FOX news perhaps) can have fun with.. :)

The new series "Fringe" is starting in a couple of weeks. Supposed to be a more paranormal-like version of X-files.

Could be a viral campaign for that.

First off, there is no such thing as bigfoot. He is a biological impossibility.

biological impossibility? What are you talking about? Lets see your evidence. I am not 100% convinced that Bigfoot is real but I am over 50%.

on the other hand, I do agree with some of your points. For them to keep the corpse at one site and have the meeting with the press at a different location just gives me another reason to doubt them. If it were real, they would have already been advised to take it to a location where qualified people can preserve and study it. They wouldn't make any less money by showing the body itself.

As I said, I'll eat those entrails they threw on top of the suit with the false teeth they shoved in it's mouth if this thing is true.

biological impossibility? What are you talking about? Lets see your evidence. I am not 100% convinced that Bigfoot is real but I am over 50%.

I couldn't agree more! How in the world could sasquatch be a biological impossibility? That's just nonsense. Having said that, yes - this thing looks like a big time hoax. I will be shocked to the core if it's more than a complete and total fraud.

The sad thing is....for people like myself who are intelligent, rational, and approaching this mystery with the proper perspective; this type of hocus pocus makes us all look bad. You've got a handful of qualified, experienced and respected scientists looking into this matter (like Dr. Meldrum) who have examined much of the available evidence and concluded that bigfoot is more than a biological impossibility.

When this hoax plays out everyone is just going to point and laugh and say "I told you so - those bigfooters are nothing more than a bunch of backwoods nut jobs who'd believe anything!"

But, what if.....then the skeptics out there will have to eat some serious crow. That will be the day! ;)

Didn't any of you have to take biology or zoology in college?

Bigfoot is a biological impossility. I'll list the top 5 reasons why. I've discussed them all in detail on other treads, you can look them up. But the top 5 reasons bigfoot is a biological impossibilty are:

1- Animals reproduce to the extent that their enviromnet will allow. Naturally, they increase until the enviromnet is stressed and they are reduced. Except for bigfoot. Somehow he either practices birth controll or is impotent or magic, as he does not increase in number as every other species on the planet does. He magically keeps his population so tiny that he is never documented by science. Or he doesn't exist.

2- Animals leave corpses. Even in the wettest and hottest climates, fossils, bones, etc. are found. We have found corpses of very rare animals in areas far more vast than the PNW. Except bigfoot. Because he isn't real.

3- Animals must EAT to survive. And the effect of what animals eat is apparent in the ecosystem. For instance, coyotes eat rodents and berries and carrion, and small animals and fowl. Their existance leaves a MARK on those plant and animal species as they consume them. Except bigfoot. We can tell when a coyote population has increased (note that the bf population never does...) because, among other things, we can see the impact on the ecosystem as they consume more. Unless bigfoot was tiny, say a foot tall, and had a very tiny appetite, we would SEE the mark a 600 lb man-beast made on the ecosystem as he consumed the necessary calories for survival. But we don't. Because bigfoot isn't real.

4- Animals have a prerequisite NUMBER necessary for the survival of the species. A species is on the verge of extinction when it's population dips below a certain number. This is biological fact. Except for bigfoot. bigfoot is magical in that, as a PRIMATE (which usually has a higher defined number required for species survival...) he maintains a population tiny enough to never be documented by science, yet somehow magically large enough to sustain the species. This is a virtual impossibility

5- Primates are overwhelmingly non-solitary animals. Across the globe, there are virtually NO primates that live singularly. Animals that live in a group structure are infinetly more difficult to remain hidden. Except bigfoot. He either breaks a fundamental characteristic of primates by living alone, or he follows this fundamental rule and lives in groups, yet magically is able to not only stay hidden, but erases every trace of their existance. Extremely unlikely in both cases.

I'll throw in a sixth for good measure, as you people never seem to get it. Bigfoot appears in myths and legends across many cultures, spanning long periods of time, and across the entire US. Yet, with all the development, digging, building, etc, we've NEVER found so much as a single bone or fossil. We have fossils of species that lived for relatively short periods of time, across much small ranges. But not bigfoot, who apparently lived across the entire globe throught the total of human existance. Again, highly unlikely.

Maybe one, or maybe even two of these could still leave a posisbility. But bigfoot breaks all six of these biological imperatives, and more which I haven't listed.

Come to your senses. If you have an open mind that considers everything, not just what you WANT to be true in your fantasies, you have to conclude that bigfoot is not real, if you are a rational and thoughtfull person with an open mind.

Edited by Neognosis

Didn't any of you have to take biology or zoology in college?

Bigfoot is a biological impossility. I'll list the top 5 reasons why. I've discussed them all in detail on other treads, you can look them up. But the top 5 reasons bigfoot is a biological impossibilty are:

Here are my responses to your points:

1- Animals reproduce to the extent that their enviromnet will allow.

In the wild, apes and chimps typically have small family/clan clusters. They take years to reach sexual maturity. Gestation is similar to humans (many months). And the young remain with their mothers for many years. All this doesn't lend itself to huge populations. Further, if BF is there it's clearly at the top of it's local food chain (and "Apex Predator" as I'm sure you learned in school). And Apex Predators are alsways low in numbers.

2- Animals leave corpses.

It's a BIG forrest out there! If BF does live in very remote areas even finding bones in all the underbrush is tough. Factor in scavengers stealing body parts and bones will be scattered. Also, if BF is intellegent or even some kind of missing ape/human link it might have learned over the centuries to hide it's dead.

3- Animals must EAT to survive.

Chances are BF is mostly a herbavour(sp?) like the great apes. The great apes eat a lot but they clearly don't destory their environment. And if the BF population is low then the impact they have on the environment will also be very minimal and hard to observe.

4- Animals have a prerequisite NUMBER necessary for the survival of the species.

There is some truth to this comment. NTL, there are other animals in the world that are extremely endangered yet manage to find mates and survive.

5- Primates are overwhelmingly non-solitary animals.

Not always so. Male apes are usually forced out of thje family group by the dominate male because he is seen as a rival. The lone male travels alone until it can find females and start it's own clan. Maybe the BF's that have been seen are lone males? Or maybe they are youngsters who are off on their own out of curiosity?

"I'll throw in a sixth for good measure, as you people never seem to get it. Bigfoot appears in myths and legends across many cultures, spanning long periods of time, and across the entire US. Yet, with all the development, digging, building, etc, we've NEVER found so much as a single bone or fossil."

The places BF and Yeti's have been seen are very poor for human development. And are also very poor for fossil formaltion. Besides, there are gaps in the fossil record that are well documented. One of the mysteries of biology yet to be explained.

Nicely said Masterpro. I would underscore one of the words from your last sentence - mystery. No doubt the sasquatch is a mysterious creature. Does that make it's existence impossible? I'm surprised that people are still so skeptical. You are aware that primate dna was recovered from North America within the last two years - right? I suspect that will be the dna evidence that Biscardi refers to today. There's no way to get dna from that gorilla costume in the freezer.