Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Georgian bigfoot evidence to be revealed later today

UM-Bot

What time is the press conference? Anyone gonna be able to listen in? Do we have confirmation on exactly who is performing the DNA testing?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Guyver

• SoCrazes

• Neognosis

• MasterPo

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

yea thats why im waiting around pretty much all day just to hear about it. idk if its going to be anything big tbh. all they are going to do is show the pix, give the DNA samples, and its done. then ull here couple days/weeks later about it being real or not in little known news. i think this would be bigger news if the actual body itself was going to be presented and the scientists were there looking at it and then they say if its real or not.

so im only liek have excited lol but not holding my breath

Here are my responses to your points:

1- Animals reproduce to the extent that their enviromnet will allow.

In the wild, apes and chimps typically have small family/clan clusters. They take years to reach sexual maturity. Gestation is similar to humans (many months). And the young remain with their mothers for many years. All this doesn't lend itself to huge populations. Further, if BF is there it's clearly at the top of it's local food chain (and "Apex Predator" as I'm sure you learned in school). And Apex Predators are alsways low in numbers.

2- Animals leave corpses.

It's a BIG forrest out there! If BF does live in very remote areas even finding bones in all the underbrush is tough. Factor in scavengers stealing body parts and bones will be scattered. Also, if BF is intellegent or even some kind of missing ape/human link it might have learned over the centuries to hide it's dead.

3- Animals must EAT to survive.

Chances are BF is mostly a herbavour(sp?) like the great apes. The great apes eat a lot but they clearly don't destory their environment. And if the BF population is low then the impact they have on the environment will also be very minimal and hard to observe.

4- Animals have a prerequisite NUMBER necessary for the survival of the species.

There is some truth to this comment. NTL, there are other animals in the world that are extremely endangered yet manage to find mates and survive.

5- Primates are overwhelmingly non-solitary animals.

Not always so. Male apes are usually forced out of thje family group by the dominate male because he is seen as a rival. The lone male travels alone until it can find females and start it's own clan. Maybe the BF's that have been seen are lone males? Or maybe they are youngsters who are off on their own out of curiosity?

"I'll throw in a sixth for good measure, as you people never seem to get it. Bigfoot appears in myths and legends across many cultures, spanning long periods of time, and across the entire US. Yet, with all the development, digging, building, etc, we've NEVER found so much as a single bone or fossil."

The places BF and Yeti's have been seen are very poor for human development. And are also very poor for fossil formaltion. Besides, there are gaps in the fossil record that are well documented. One of the mysteries of biology yet to be explained.

Archaeologists find human remains from 10,000 years ago but yet, not one big foot? The evidence is against you; however, your tour-guide guys might reprieve you today. They could really help you out if they produced a body rather than a bad photo coupled with a story in a circus-like manner.

Master Po, NOT nicely done. You even reinforce some of my points in your "rebuttals."

For instance, you rightly claim that primates have a long getstaion period and live in groups. But living in a group would make remaining hidden virtually impossible in North America. When the mountian gorilla population declined to 600 in the wild, it meant that they were EXTREMELY endangered and on the verge of extinction. SIX HUNDRED. So are there more than six hundered bigfeet? Or have they been magically on the verge of extinction for a thousand years, magically never actuall becomming extinct? Ridiculous.

Yes, it's a big forrest out there. But one in which we find evidence of dead cougars, wolverines, and even more rare animals. Except bigfoot. Maybe he ascends corporally into heaven or something. Or he doesn't exist.

So, bf is a herbovore. Ok. Even so, gorillas don't DESTROY their environment, and I never said they do. But they make an IMPACT that is notable and observable. Except bigfoot. He must eat simply air.

animals that are extremely endangered most usually do NOT survive. Except for BF. He's survived for years on the verge of extinction. Come on....snap out of this fantastical haze and come back to reality.

You know what? I'm wasting my time. If you people were rational intelligent people, you wouldn't need to hear what I have to say, you would already come to the rational and realistic conclusion. But you aren't rational people, and you don't want to hear pesky things like scientific imperatives and the laws of biology. Anything that doesn't gel to your fantasy that this creature could exist, you dismiss with p*** poor half-science that doesn't even negate the real science anyway, and then another one of you supports it.

You are some of the most closed-minded people I've ever had the pleasure of conversing with.

No matter when this latest hoax is exposed, you all will still be claiming that there is some element of truth to it. They claim to have a whole body....are you people goign to feel the least bit silly when it's a publicity stunt?

Edited by Neognosis

Come to your senses. If you have an open mind that considers everything, not just what you WANT to be true in your fantasies, you have to conclude that bigfoot is not real, if you are a rational and thoughtfull person with an open mind.

an open minded individual takes everything as a possibility, including the impossible.

an open minded individual takes everything as a possibility, including the impossible.

Yea, NO. An open minded person does not ignore science because it makes their fantasy seem like it might be possible. It's not open minded to take the impossible as possible....that's called losing touch with reality.

People can not fly unassisted. It is impossible. Or am I not open minded for failing to consider that people might be able to fly? Come on....

Here's the thing that really, really, REALLY irks me; the scientific community at large, and skeptics in general have been poo-pooing the existence of the sasquatch for decades now. Yet, the moment that an actual body of a sasquatch IS discovered, these same people will be falling all over themselves to be first in line for a research grant. That creature that just couldn't, doesn't exist (inspite of some good evidence to the contrary) will become the hottest zoological topic of all time. These same skeptics, doubters, whatever you want to call them, will be salivating all over themselves to get themselves in the latest editions of the biology textbooks.

Or am I not open minded for failing to consider that people might be able to fly?

There you go.

Now you’re learning.

Here's the thing that really, really, REALLY irks me; the scientific community at large, and skeptics in general have been poo-pooing the existence of the sasquatch for decades now. Yet, the moment that an actual body of a sasquatch IS discovered, these same people will be falling all over themselves to be first in line for a research grant. That creature that just couldn't, doesn't exist (inspite of some good evidence to the contrary) will become the hottest zoological topic of all time. These same skeptics, doubters, whatever you want to call them, will be salivating all over themselves to get themselves in the latest editions of the biology textbooks.

Yeah, but if it's FAKE like ALL the others, who cares? I don't believe in faeries, but if I found one, and it agreed to do an interview on 20/20 or Niteline with me as it's manager...yeah, I'd take the cabbage. And proudly say I never believed in faeries until I managed one.

For instance, you rightly claim that primates have a long getstaion period and live in groups. But living in a group would make remaining hidden virtually impossible in North America. When the mountian gorilla population declined to 600 in the wild, it meant that they were EXTREMELY endangered and on the verge of extinction. SIX HUNDRED. So are there more than six hundered bigfeet? Or have they been magically on the verge of extinction for a thousand years, magically never actuall becomming extinct? Ridiculous.

Really? Guess you don't follow current events. Let me bring you up to day: It's been all over the news recently how a heretofore HUGE colony of lowland gorillas was discovered in Africa. Thousands of apes! This now doubles the number that previously had been thought to exist in the wild. Based on your logic there was no way these thousands of apes could have gone unnoticed - especially since they weren't even trying to remain hidden - but they did. Now factor in a creature that may be intellegent enough to actually try to hide from man and it becomes far more plausable.

As to "groups", I don't know what your definition is but mine can be as little as 3 or 4. Pretty easily hidden.

Yes, it's a big forrest out there. But one in which we find evidence of dead cougars, wolverines, and even more rare animals. Except bigfoot. Maybe he ascends corporally into heaven or something. Or he doesn't exist.

Not so. It's pretty rare to find the body of a large animal just sitting out there in the woods. Mostly they are found in open areas, clearings, meadows etc. And usally they are there because scavengers have dragged the body from where it was found.

I also presume you haven't spent much time in the woods. I have. The forrest of the Northwest is a s dense as any tropical jungle. You could hide an army in there and never be seen. Heck, there are forrested areas right here on Long Island (NY) that you could hide in for years and never be found. Or a body can be dropped in there and never be found.

So, bf is a herbovore.

Just an educated guess. Apes are technically omnivours like humans, but the majority of their diet is plant leaves and fruits. Seems reasonable to apply that to BF too if he is an ape creature.

ok. Even so, gorillas don't DESTROY their environment, and I never said they do. But they make an IMPACT that is notable and observable. Except bigfoot. He must eat simply air.

Impact, destory - you're splitting hairs. If you pull down a tree you impacted the environment and destoryed a piece of it. Please don't play symantics. It only goes to prove how weak your argument really is if you have to be that distinct.

Again, there are now thousands of gorillas known to be in Africa. Yet not a lot of clearly observed desctruction or impact. You have to be on the ground and know what you're looking for (how many hiker's know what a gorilla-like bedding or fooding zone actually looks like??). Even the impact of thousands of gorillas wasn't seen from the air or satelite!

animals that are extremely endangered most usually do NOT survive. Except for BF. He's survived for years on the verge of extinction. Come on....snap out of this fantastical haze and come back to reality.

There are many creatures that maintian low populations as far as science can tell. Especially the more mysterious ones. There are creatures from the deep ocean that only 1 or 2 have ever been caught. When you consider the number of nets and hooks that get dropped into the sea every day 1 or 2 over 40 or 50 years is awfully rare. But they are there so clearly they don't have a large population.

And also clearly a fact of biology that large animals, especially apex predators, have lower populations and birth rates.

And who knows, maybe extinction is slowly catching up with BF?!

You are some of the most closed-minded people I've ever had the pleasure of conversing with.

You're not "conversing". At best you're lecturing. At worst trying to beat us over the head with your POV.

I don't see anyone here (least of all me) who says absolutely BF is real. But there is still ssooooooooo much unknown in the world and unquestionably sooooooooo many new species are still being discovered every year! It is the hieght of human arrogance to think we know everything there is in the world. Every hear of the Celocanth(sp?) fish?

Like I said already, I'm sure this is a hoax but will be very happy if it isn't. What's so unclear about that?

That creature that just couldn't, doesn't exist (inspite of some good evidence to the contrary) will become the hottest zoological topic of all time. These same skeptics, doubters, whatever you want to call them, will be salivating all over themselves to get themselves in the latest editions of the biology textbooks.

And what are you basing that on, by the way? All other make believe creatures they said didnt' exist an then turned out to exist? Like dragons and unicorns and elves?

Hmmm...I WONDER why none of the world's premier primatologists have been called in to examine the corpse? Isn't that WEIRD?

as i said the other day, i'm hoping its not viral marketing

You know what? I'm wasting my time. If you people were rational intelligent people, you wouldn't need to hear what I have to say, you would already come to the rational and realistic conclusion. But you aren't rational people, and you don't want to hear pesky things like scientific imperatives and the laws of biology. Anything that doesn't gel to your fantasy that this creature could exist, you dismiss with p*** poor half-science that doesn't even negate the real science anyway, and then another one of you supports it.

No matter when this latest hoax is exposed, you all will still be claiming that there is some element of truth to it. They claim to have a whole body....are you people goign to feel the least bit silly when it's a publicity stunt?

Your tone comes out to be just that. Closed-minded and stubborn.

No one here claims BF is real. On the contrary, claiming he is NOT real, is being closed-minded.

We are all simply having a discussion on the possibilities.

And what are you basing that on, by the way? All other make believe creatures they said didnt' exist an then turned out to exist? Like dragons and unicorns and elves?

Hmmm...I WONDER why none of the world's premier primatologists have been called in to examine the corpse? Isn't that WEIRD?

I never said I thought that monkey suit in the freezer was legit. I was skeptical the moment I heard about how they were handling the whole issue. But yes, Dr. Jeff Meldrum should have been the first person called in to authenticate the body. Biscardi knows this and that's why I say it's only one hour forty-five minutes until let down time. By the way, I don't know who's covering this debacle, but I guess it might be on Fox because someone from that org. interviewed Biscardi recently.

Well, these bozo's website is down, and their phone message says they're out hunting leprechauns and the Loch Ness monster. No-one can reach them, and it's their moment of glory. What more do you need in the way of proof to the contrary????

I've said it before and I'll say it again: why are you on this forum if you don't believe anything? Hooray, you're a troll, now go do your morning shift at Burger King.

I think this could very well be real. The conference is in Palo Alto CA in some sort of hotel place, from 12 to 1 pm today. I'm assuming this is pacific time, so I've got two more hours to wait here in EST. I can think of dozens of reasons why they would hide this evidence for a time and keep it as secret as possible: people like you guys who are so determined to prove its false that they just might burn the evidence. Think Jurassic Park.

Well, these bozo's website is down, and their phone message says they're out hunting leprechauns and the Loch Ness monster. No-one can reach them, and it's their moment of glory. What more do you need in the way of proof to the contrary????

Why bring evidence from Georgia (state in USA) all the way to California? Why isn't the body being examined by credible scientists? Why the wait of days? The route these rubs have taken brings with it a big whiff of scam. Whether BF exists or not, the way these duds are pursuing the matter makes me think it is a hoax. Save your money and don't buy the book, line, nor sinker.

come on people....what happens when a new insect, or even bacteria is discovered?

REAL researchers verify the data and evidence and the body right away. First off, there is no such thing as bigfoot. He is a biological impossibility. Second, let's say a new species of rodent is discovered...actual biologists and zoologists are called in right away and they begin publishing papers in peer reviewed journals ASAP. This is a big joke. Any critical analysis reveals as much.

You don't know he is a bilogical possibility! According to logic bee's wings are too small for their body and the still fly. I would inagine none of you know what exactly goes on when something is discovered. Many things are discovered but never covered by media like this. What other way can he go about this?? what is he suppose to do? chop up a piece for every ignorant person who's very demanding! He's gathering a team and and they will check it out. All we can do is wait. Boy I hope this is real.

Why bring evidence from Georgia (state in USA) all the way to California? Why isn't the body being examined by credible scientists? Why the wait of days? The route these rubs have taken brings with it a big whiff of scam. Whether BF exists or not, the way these duds are pursuing the matter makes me think it is a hoax. Save your money and don't buy the book, line, nor sinker.

Why not bring the evidence to california?

Edited by Mbyte

I've said it before and I'll say it again: why are you on this forum if you don't believe anything? Hooray, you're a troll, now go do your morning shift at Burger King.

I think this could very well be real. The conference is in Palo Alto CA in some sort of hotel place, from 12 to 1 pm today. I'm assuming this is pacific time, so I've got two more hours to wait here in EST. I can think of dozens of reasons why they would hide this evidence for a time and keep it as secret as possible: people like you guys who are so determined to prove its false that they just might burn the evidence. Think Jurassic Park.

I would like to see the dozen reason you mentioned. I believe most people here, believers and nonbelievers alike, would love to see BF. However, these hillrods are only in it to scam you (see my prior posts).

Come on People wake up and be surprised for once. Most folks will be skeptical, it's only human nature. <_<

Scientists, experts said gorillas did not exsist, that the giant squid was a legend or myth. In the past several years we have re-discovered multiple species of animals, insects/bugs, plants, etc that were suppose to be myth, legend, or extinct. So why be skeptical now, because we have been fooled too many times in the past, we, inwardly, want it to be real, but on the surface we will say it's a fake. These guys have put everything on the line, have put forward a lot of publicity, and hype, their careers, reputations, the money, etc. If it is a fraud they might as well find a very deep hole, jump in with the carcus, and pull the soil in after themselves. :cry:

As for the DNA, labs are inundated with thousands of DNA samples every day so it now takes weeks, if not months to anylize one single set of samples, add to this the fact, the test results would need to be triple checked, possibly by more than one lab, if they're smart . No scientist, lab tech, and/or labratory, no matter who they are, would want to jepordize their reputation by faking the test results after everything is said and done.

Bigfoot, Yeti, or whatever name you wish to give them exsists somewhere in the uncharted mountains. There are hundreds of billions of acres of uncharted forested areas around the world, we have yet to search all of it, and never will, in our life time anyway. Bigfoot may be only one of an unknown number of undiscovered species. This may be the one chance we have to finally put our egos on hold and maybe, just maybe, be able to see and believe as we wanted to when we were kids. :rolleyes:

Edited by Owl_Lady

Troll? Burger King??? Junior, if you only knew....................... B)

On the contrary, claiming he is NOT real, is being closed-minded.

No, being closed minded is when you ignore data because it doesn't fit into your belief. whis is what you people do.

You don't know he is a bilogical possibility! According to logic bee's wings are too small for their body and the still fly.

That is a myth. a bee's wings ar enot too small on paper, according to physics, or in any other world. It is a myth that a bees wings are too small. But it seems myths get more credence here than fact. I also posted 6 reasons why bigfoot is an impossibility.

That is a myth. a bee's wings ar enot too small on paper, according to physics, or in any other world. It is a myth that a bees wings are too small. But it seems myths get more credence here than fact. I also posted 6 reasons why bigfoot is an impossibility.

Not to go off topic, but you are sorely mistaken. It is a long established fact, even professional joke, amoung areospace engineers that a bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly. They have put the "design" for a bee into CAD software and can't get it to work! The wings are too small, they beat too slowly, and the body isn't aerodynamic. The technology says it can't do it but the biology clearly shows it can! The wonders of nature.

I sure hope they rest of your "facts" are more accurate.