Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is Homosexuality a Sin?

Angel077

Yea. Believe it or not, some of my gay friends find the sex act you are talking about revolting and don't do it. But I know some hetero couples that LOVE it.....

so, I think it's ignorance to make that act and homosexuality one and the same. Plus, it completely ignores lesbianism.

Is cunnilingus or felatio "natural?" Of course. But is the mouth "meant" to do those things? Is it "natural" to insert two fingers and curl them up and stroke the g spot? can't you do some minor damage that way too? If the only type of sex we think is not harmfull is just penal/vaginal, what a boring life that would be.

It also seems that you don't really hear many reports of gay "bottoms" dying of infection or rupturing things, do you?

I find how the question is posed a bit offensive, as if you would HAVE to include group sex along with a question of homosexuality. It implies in a very not suble way that gays are more promiscuous than straight people. Straight people in fact have just as much sex (including outside of marriage), as gay people. So for that I don't think your line of questioning is done well.

No I do not think being gay is a sin, because I think sin doesn't exist. Sin is a way for a religious entity like a church to quantify infractions to rules set forth in a religious text. I don't subscribe to any religious texts. As for the question I find suspect, on group sex, any sex that consensentual, is fine with me. I find it no different than any other type of sex as long as no one is forced.

Also the comments on the uh..possible physical "damage" that can occur, heterosexuals engage in the same things that homosexuals do in the bedroom, and neither have long term ill effects if done properly and with care. Any sex expert will tell you the same thing.

edited for spelling and oo post number 666 hehe

Edited by darkmoonlady

And what religion or ideology you follow?

I dont know maybe its not a sin according to the doctrine you follow.

I'm an atheist. Not only that but I've learned a lot about homosexuals. They fall in love, break up, get jealous. So, they are pretty much the same as heterosexual people.

I'm not picking on you mklsgl and like everyone else you have a right to your beliefs. I just wanted to show everyone something here and I picked some of your answers hope thats okay with you.

1A) It is a natural desire, but no it is not natural. See the definition for natural: natural 4 - True to nature; lifelike Websters new World dictionary fourth eddition copyright 2002

1B) For some it is right it fits their desires and they are incapable ( they are wired differently in their brain) of having sexual intercourse with someone of the opposite sex. ie: A man and a man who are straight (heterosexual) are in a shower they look at each other and there is no sexual attraction. (Fact) A man and a woman who are straight are taking a shower together they look at each other there most likely is a sexual attraction, even if they do not act upon it. (Fact) As for love yes it is my opinion that anyone who is homosexual should not be criticized for who they love. Neither should anyone who is heterosexual.

1a) As for "natural" or not: http://www.livescience.com/animals/080516-gay-animals.html

Same Sex Couples Common in the Wild

By Clara Moskowitz, LiveScience Staff Writer

As gay couples celebrate their newfound right to marry in California and opposition groups rally to fight the ruling, many struggle with this question: Is homosexuality natural?

On this issue, Nature has spoken: Same-sex lovin' is common in hundreds of species, scientists say.

Roy and Silo, two male chinstrap penguins at New York's Central Park Zoo, were a couple for about six years, during which they nurtured a fertilized egg together (given to them by a zookeeper) and raised the young chick that hatched.

According to University of Oslo zoologist Petter Böckman, about 1,500 animal species are known to practice same-sex coupling, including bears, gorillas, flamingos, owls, salmon and many others.

If homosexuality is natural in the animal kingdom, then there is the question of why evolution hasn't eliminated this trait from the gene pool, since it doesn’t lead to reproduction.

It may simply be for pleasure.

"Not every sexual act has a reproductive function," said Janet Mann, a biologist at Georgetown University who studies dolphins (homosexual behavior is very common in these marine mammals). "That's true of humans and non-humans."

Some scientists have proposed that being gay may serve its own evolutionary purpose.

"It could be a way that you strengthen bonds — that's one hypothesis," Mann told LiveScience. "Another is that it could be practice for heterosexual sex. Bottlenose dolphin calves mount each other a lot. That might benefit them later on."

Marlene Zuk, a biologist at the University of California, Riverside, suggested that gay individuals contribute to the gene pool of their community by nurturing their relatives’ young without diverting resources by having their own offspring.

One thing that does seem to be exclusive to humans is homophobia.

"It's a very interesting question as to why anybody ever cares," Mann said. "There are different theories about why people find it threatening. Some think it disrupts male bonds, like you're not playing for the right team. The funny thing is that people say homosexuality is unnatural, that non-humans don't engage in homosexual behavior, but that's not true. Then they'll say it's base and animalistic."

Humans' resistance to the idea of homosexuality extends even to research on the behavior in animals. Scientists who study the topic are often accused of trying to forward an agenda, and their work can come under greater scrutiny than that of their colleagues who study other topics, Mann said

"It's kind of a shame because I think that probably is a reason why people don't look at it more," Mann said. "That's probably why we haven't gotten further. You would think we'd know more than we do by now."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1b) I have 3 degrees including a Ph.D. and I cannot comprehend what you attempting to assert here. "(Fact)"????? Please explain this part of your response with better clarity and coherence.

I find how the question is posed a bit offensive, as if you would HAVE to include group sex along with a question of homosexuality. It implies in a very not suble way that gays are more promiscuous than straight people. Straight people in fact have just as much sex (including outside of marriage), as gay people. So for that I don't think your line of questioning is done well.

No I do not think being gay is a sin, because I think sin doesn't exist. Sin is a way for a religious entity like a church to quantify infractions to rules set forth in a religious text. I don't subscribe to any religious texts. As for the question I find suspect, on group sex, any sex that consensentual, is fine with me. I find it no different than any other type of sex as long as no one is forced.

Also the comments on the uh..possible physical "damage" that can occur, heterosexuals engage in the same things that homosexuals do in the bedroom, and neither have long term ill effects if done properly and with care. Any sex expert will tell you the same thing.

edited for spelling and oo post number 666 hehe

I'm sorry if I made you feel that way, It was not my intention to make anyone feel offended. I did not mean to imply anything about homosexuals being more promiscious than straight people, if thats what you or anyone else got from it, your read in to it your way. I'm sorry that you think that my line of questioning is not done well, perhaps it isn't. Maybe I should have Titled it: What are Your Opinions on Sexual Sins and Sexual Wickedness, According to the Old Testament. Then I would have had to throw in the whole list of sexual behaviour that is less than pleasing to G-d. yes I know not everyone believes, and not every religion has the same rules. Not to mention the term wickedness makes some people feel like they are being attacked, or somehow that are evil or something. Yes some heterosexual people do engage in the same acts as homosexuals.

I have had and do have some homosexual and bi sexual friends. In fact some of the kindest people I knew and know were and are homosexual. The ones that died I miss very much and I was sad too see them go. I never judged any of them for what they do behind closed doors. Perhaps I didn't want to think about it, and perhaps if one of them would start talking about one of their experiences I would excuse myself from the room, or ask if we could talk about something else.

Edited by Angel077

Homosexuality meaning gay and lesbian relationships,

*A or B you can pick one or answer both*

1B) If you do not feel that is a sin do you feel that it is right or wrong? Why or why not?

It is neither right nor wrong, it is just simply how some people are.

2) Does it bother you in some way that some people are homosexual?

No

3) Do you feel that it is right that some Gay and Lesbian individuals discriminate against bi-sexuals?

I've known a few to do this, I don't think it is right.

4B) Do you feel that group sex 3 or more people having sex at once is a right or wrong? Why or why not?

It is neither right nor wrong. If you are into it, then it is fine.

Looks around and thinks about sleep as I awnser this one. Ok how is it harmful. Okay here we go. First of all your rectum was never designed have things inserted into it. Yes believe it or not it wasn't. It was designed to help you process waste. The lining of the rectum and intestines are delicate and can be torn easily however it depends on the size of what is comming out. You can rip your sphincter also by being constipated and yes it may bleed. Whoops possible design flaw, or just not enough fiber in some peoples diets. Your intestines wich are not too short of your anus are made of another type of material that is also delicate and absorbs whatever may enter it and return such contents directly to your blood stream.( most likely sperm in some cases). Oh.. ummmmm yeah your intestines that are designed to handle carrying waste products out and dont usually don't get infected by the excrement inside. However if you rip you sphincter or scrape the lining of your anus it bleeds. When the excrement comes in contact with the bloody tears and scrapes that you may have created, you can sick. Just like if your intestines were bleeding internally.

Now as for the vagina, it was designed to have things inserted into it. It stretches out pretty wide for child birth and it tears during childbirth. About the worst thing you can do here is scratch the walls of the vagina with your nails, some people have gotten infections from this but not many that I have heard of. Definitely more durable than the anus.

Yawns..... I beleive I said something about if you want to give yourself paper cuts all day I'm not going to stop you. I didn't mean harmful like if you engage in *spam filter* your penis will snap in two and break off inside. Or something like If you stick your fingers in your vagina, or someone elses that you will pierce it and poke a hole in it. Never heard of that happening, doubt that its possible.

I guess I got a bit fr from my intentions of this post, I had originally intended just to let everyone share their thoughts on the subject. My apologies.

Heterosexuals partake in anal intercourse as well so may have possibly described how maybe anal intercourse can be harmful but fail to detail how homosexuality is harmful.

Gay people live healthily enough, I'm sure their bums are just fine.

*A or B you can pick one or answer both*

1A) Do you feel that it is a sin? Why or why not?

I do not feel that homosexuality is a sin. This goes back in time to Adam and Eve. Man was created as well as woman. Woman was made from the rib of a man therefore woman is that of a man. The body of the being is whole and everyone is entitled to feel good; the sensuality of what makes a being feel good and what does not.

1B) If you do not feel that is a sin do you feel that it is right or wrong? Why or why not?

It is not wrong nor right. You can not justify whether it is as one.

No. I've been around homosexual people for years.

3) Do you feel that it is right that some Gay and Lesbian individuals discriminate against bi-sexuals?

No. It is not right. They are just clouded by their perception.

4A) Do you feel that group sex 3 or more people having sex at once is a sin? Why or why not?

No. It is all experimentation & curiosity of the human body; nothing more.

4B) Do you feel that group sex 3 or more people having sex at once is a right or wrong? Why or why not?

Neither. Read above. I will not repeat myself.

Heterosexuals partake in anal intercourse as well so may have possibly described how maybe anal intercourse can be harmful but fail to detail how homosexuality is harmful.

Gay people live healthily enough, I'm sure their bums are just fine.

Ok I agree I did not answer how it is harmful. I'm not going to. The questions I asked are: Do you believe it is a sin, and/ or is it right or wrong? I never asked do you feel that it is harmful in some way.

I once asked a wise Rabbi, Does G-d hear all our prayers?" He said, "Yes". I asked him, "Why didn't he answer my prayer?" He replied, "What makes you think he didn't answer it?" I said, "Because it never was granted." He replied," He did, answer your prayer, the answer was no."

G-d bless that Rabbi.

Okay I know someones going to get all bent out of shape about that comment so let me beat you to the punch. No, I'm not saying that I am G-d, so don't even try to accuse me of that.

very good answer Maude....

I love Bea Arthur !!

linked-image

Ok I agree I did not answer how it is harmful. I'm not going to. The questions I asked are: Do you believe it is a sin, and/ or is it right or wrong? I never asked do you feel that it is harmful in some way.

I once asked a wise Rabbi, Does G-d hear all our prayers?" He said, "Yes". I asked him, "Why didn't he answer my prayer?" He replied, "What makes you think he didn't answer it?" I said, "Because it never was granted." He replied," He did, answer your prayer, the answer was no."

G-d bless that Rabbi.

Okay I know someones going to get all bent out of shape about that comment so let me beat you to the punch. No, I'm not saying that I am G-d, so don't even try to accuse me of that.

If it isn't harmful then why would anybody consider it a sin?

If it isn't harmful then why would anybody consider it a sin?

I'd say because the church made a number of things that make people feel good a sin. Makes sense, keep people feeling bad about doing things that are normal and increase church atendance so they can repent.

1A) Do you feel that it is a sin? Why or why not?

Is being Japanese a sin? Polish? Irish?

Doesn't matter what anyone believes, thinks or feels. It's not our business to judge a person's sexuality. In fact, to do so is arrogance beyond the pale.

Why would it? Ten per cent of the global population is gay. It exists in every culture and country. Who are we to deem it bothersome? There is no choice to be made. There is no right or wrong...it just *is*...

As long as no one is hurt, and consent is mutual, by same sex coupling - why would it even matter to you? To anyone?

Do you have a cite for this statement?

4A) Do you feel that group sex 3 or more people having sex at once is a sin? Why or why not?

What I think is of no consequence... Why do you think our opinion matters? It doesn't. It's not going to change anything.

I might not be popular with this comment but I don't care.

Some of you folks are headed to hell in a pair of gasoline drawse.

You all know dogon well that homosexuality is a sin but everyone wants to say the politically correct thing because yall don't want to offend folks.

It is not natural for a man to lay with another man. You only lay and mate with people for creation purposes and no creation can go on when you put one mans juices with another mans but juices that is disgusting and vice versa no creation goes on when a woman bumps excuse my lanuage bootys with another lady. The woman has a vagina hole that is supposed to be entered into by a mans penis for creation purposes not a dildo or another womans tongue.

Homosexuality is perverted plain and simple.

I will not judge another human being but I will speak on the acts wether it is the popular consensus at the moment or not. I have a homosexual co worker who is a very nice man so I am not saying he is a bad person at all but the act is perverted and satanic. He can not hold his farts and constantly runs to the restroom. I pretend to ignore his farts and things but I know he is embarrassed because he cant control himself. He has been getting it in for so long that his colon is beginning to be infected by this unnatural act and this is sad.

You all know dogon well that homosexuality is a sin but everyone wants to say the politically correct thing because yall don't want to offend folks.

It is not natural for a man to lay with another man. You only lay and mate with people for creation purposes and no creation can go on when you put one mans juices with another mans but juices that is disgusting and vice versa no creation goes on when a woman bumps excuse my lanuage bootys with another lady. The woman has a vagina hole that is supposed to be entered into by a mans penis for creation purposes not a dildo or another womans tongue.

I will not judge another human being but I will speak on the acts wether it is the popular consensus at the moment or not. I have a homosexual co worker who is a very nice man so I am not saying he is a bad person at all but the act is perverted and satanic. He can not hold his farts and constantly runs to the restroom. I pretend to ignore his farts and things but I know he is embarrassed because he cant control himself. He has been getting it in for so long that his colon is beginning to be infected by this unnatural act and this is sad.

let me guess - southern baptist republican ?

You only lay and mate with people for creation purposes

I guess that if you see sex as an unpleasant ritual that must be performed for reproductive purposes, *spam filter* or creative sex is a waste of time. A lot of people also get pleasure from the feel of things and from the opportunity to express love, lust or whatever.

Edited by BlueZone

I don't have a religion I am just spiritual in the fact that I Just believe in the Heavenly Father and his word, religious seperates and confuses us by a title but thasts another story.

I believe in sex for more than just creation I was just using to create as a prime example which you can not do with the same sex. A husband and a wife can do it all day long if they so please, as they have complimentary sexual organs so go for it but if they do expect to create some where down the line that is the natural order handed down for us.

The reason the bible condemns sex between men is because you are wasting life.

By life do you mean sperm or one's own life (in other words, wasting time)?

So be it, rather do what I think is right then do what I think is wrong just to get into heaven.

Unless you don't have the freedom of speech then the most politically correct thing to do at any given time is to say whatever you want to.

Says you, not me. Says your god, not mine.

Lol all homosexual sexual acts are also committed by heterosexuals.

You say you don't judge...but you see who they are and then believe they are perverted, satanic, and unnatural...umm yeah thats kinda judging people.

Riddle me this...how natural is it to believe in a two thousand year old carpenter who rose from the dead and had magical powers?

Because of the waste of spermies? I could go have straight sex right now without contraceptives but that doesn't mean a pregnancy is going to follow.

Oh and we make more, lots more and are able to do so for most of our lives.

You so obviously are comfortable in your sin so I am not going to take this that far with you. Hope I didn't hit a nerve it sounds like you may participate in the for said acts so we will agree to disagree

I am speaking my mind and no matter what you say deep down inside you know you can't defend those unnatural acts. I am not judging you or anyone else because you do stuff like that I am just telling you what I think about that about that particular situation and again I will say.

People who partake in those acts are on the way to hell in a pair of gasoline drawse and yall know it. We all male female hetrosexual and homosexual do things not according to the law like have unprotected sex and using the pull out method as not to impregnate the female or what have you, I don't know what gay people do but use your imagination. No ones sin is worser than the next mans sin but I will woman up and call a spade a spade and try not to do what I believe offends my father and ask for forgivnace.

Homosexual sex is a sin no matter which way you slice it I don't care who you serve or don't serve that doesn't concern me if your content with that so be it just know that we are responsible for our own fates less it be heaven, hell, or enternally wondering in a pair of gasoline drawse.

By life do you mean sperm or one's own life (in other words, wasting time)?

i think he does mean sperm.

cause if not, thats one of the stupidest things ive heard him say. and hes totally rippn on homosexuals that way. which isnt right.