Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russia threaten nuclear strike on Poland

secondhand

MOSCOW (Reuters) - A top Russian general on Friday said Poland's deal with the United States to set up parts of a missile defence shield on Polish territory lays it open to a possible military strike, a Russian news agency reported.

Col-General Anatoliy Nogovitsyn, deputy chief of the general staff, told Interfax that Russian military doctrine would allow for a possible nuclear strike.

Poland agreed on Thursday to host elements of a U.S. global anti-missile system after Washington agreed to boost Poland's own military air defences.

"The USA is engaged in an anti-missile defence for its own government, and not for Poland. And Poland, in deploying (elements of the system) opens itself to a military strike. That is 100 percent," Interfax quoted Nogovitsyn as saying.

Nogovitsyn said Russia allows nuclear weapons to be used in circumstances defined by its current security doctrine.

Full story

Not sure what the big deal is, I think in the event of a conflict Russia might just about be able to overwhelm 10 missiles...

This should at least fit in with their persecution complex and expansionist policies at the moment. Altough the timing of this deal could have been a little more sensitive given the Georgia hullaballoo. This is going to get sticky soon, methinks.

Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MARAB0D

• Cleomenes

• puridalan

• danielost

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Altough the timing of this deal could have been a little more sensitive given the Georgia hullaballoo.

Actually, Poland agreed to sign because of the Russian aggression in Georgia. The treaty was discussed for several years now and the Poles raised their objections to NATO, but after seeing what Russia can do they agreed with no conditions.

This nuclear threat is Russia's answer to the Polish invitation for Russian's observers of the missile base. Putin has gone insane. That what happens you let a KGB colonel run the country.

im begining to suspect poland starts everything, ww2 when the nazi invaded poland and now poland is at the begining again.

its always poland.

Actually, Poland agreed to sign because of the Russian aggression in Georgia. The treaty was discussed for several years now and the Poles raised their objections to NATO, but after seeing what Russia can do they agreed with no conditions.

This nuclear threat is Russia's answer to the Polish invitation for Russian's observers of the missile base. Putin has gone insane. That what happens you let a KGB colonel run the country.

'there is nothing to fear but fear itself'-FDR ...

unless of course your not allied with Israel or the British-American empire

whats with the sig?... a fighter jet placed between two stars of David?... pathetic IMO...

whats with the sig?... a fighter jet placed between two stars of David?... pathetic IMO...

Oh how I love those Israeli-bashers so-called "pacifists". They are anti-violence, condemn war, but only when the West wages it against anti-democratic and downright terror forces. When Russia wages genocide in Chechnya, or Georgia, it's OK - you don't hear anything from all those human rights adherents. When Muslims genocide Muslims - it's fine as well. It's understandable. Your fake morality is the real weapon of mass destruction.

What's pathetic is the double standards you and your like posses. Quoting FDR or Churchill when they would have had dislike the like of you is nothing but hypocrisy.

I put that image together. :ph34r:

If your interested in a sig image I have a few suggestions...

He's not insane.... Just trying to maintain Russian strategical advantage.

Poland has been warned by Russia and if they put in that missile defense shield they get what they deserve.... For every action there is a reaction.

He's not insane.... Just trying to maintain Russian strategical advantage.

Poland has been warned by Russia and if they put in that missile defense shield they get what they deserve.... For every action there is a reaction.

This is sarcasm, or troll, or you think Poland is located on another planet?

I wouldn't worry too much about this. Eventually the Russians will realize that the componants of the missle defense shields the Poles are supposed to maintain are pointing backwards.

I wouldn't worry too much about this. Eventually the Russians will realize that the componants of the missle defense shields the Poles are supposed to maintain are pointing backwards.

Russian generals insist that the silos, in which these 10 missiles would be installed, can be quickly reloaded for middle range nuclear missiles; also these antiballistic missiles by themselves may be used for the first strike at close range. Also there are concerns that the launchpad can be expanded at stage 2. There is no doubts that in case of any, even small scale, conflict with US Russia would have to wipe these missiles off - and as they are underground, this only can be done with a nuclear strike. So, Poland takes a calculated risk.

He's from Israel....genius.

Just another Jew hater...that is pathetic.

Oh how I love those Israeli-bashers so-called "pacifists". They are anti-violence, condemn war, but only when the West wages it against anti-democratic and downright terror forces. When Russia wages genocide in Chechnya, or Georgia, it's OK - you don't hear anything from all those human rights adherents. When Muslims genocide Muslims - it's fine as well. It's understandable. Your fake morality is the real weapon of mass destruction.

What's pathetic is the double standards you and your like posses. Quoting FDR or Churchill when they would have had dislike the like of you is nothing but hypocrisy.

Yes, I've noticed that. I get being a pacifist and against the war and everything, but then the same people praise Russia for doing the same things they condemn the US for doing.

Since when does critiquing someone's signiture back up your own argument...? And what a stupid statement. His profile says he's from Israel... hence the star of David. I'm sure the dots were just a little too far for an acid head to connect.

Edited by BlindMessiah

What are we... in the cold war again?

Russian Bombers Could Be Deployed to Cuba

Move Would Be Response to U.S. Missile Defense System, Newspaper Izvestia Says

By Peter Finn

Washington Post Foreign Service

Tuesday, July 22, 2008; Page A10

MOSCOW, July 21 -- Russian bombers capable of carrying nuclear weapons could be deployed to Cuba in response to U.S. plans to install a missile defense system in Eastern Europe, a Russian newspaper reported Monday, citing an unnamed senior Russian air force official.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...8072200062.html

This statement made by Russia is intended to intimidate world.

I'm not here to slag off the Russians but as I understand it the Patriot missile defence batteries would defend Russia and I personally think that the American Government are more focused on "terrorist" type of regimes that are developing ICBM's and not Russia, from what I have heard the Americans have only planned to install 15 Missiles what seems very short sighted if their intention was to negate the threat of hundreds of Russian missiles that would be launched in the event of a "First strike" attack, and you know what I suspect the Russians know this!

If America wanted to launch an attack it would not have to solely rely on a base in Poland, the Americans have Stealth Bombers and ICBM,s, Submarines/boats and not forgetting launch facilities in the UK plus numerous ground type launch vehicles/systems.

Did Russia and the U.S not learn anything from the Cuban Missile Crisis, were fail-safe’s not implemented to stop this sort of thing happening?

Why did not some organisation like the U.N not get evolved with this from the very beginning? they could have prevented this from even getting close to the absolute shambles it has degenerated into, the U.S and Russia could have combined their intellect and built a Anti Missile Battery together, they could have even built it in Russia!

IMO the Americans should hold back from building a Anti Missile defence battery in Poland even though it's probably in everyone’s best interests and Russia should retract its statement that they are willing to Nuke a smaller and less wealthy and more vulnerable country with fewer people and resources.

With all this talk about Russia and America it's easy to overlook the country directly affected Poland, they could show Russia how aggressive and un-civilised their actions appear to the world and how America are not making the Polish peoples lives any easier, unfortunately the American promise of security has only triggered a paranoid Russia to suspect that they are the victims of a American/West conspiracy.

This problem is not irrevocable but with Russia's heavy handed tactics and the American/Polish lack of communication combined with a useless U.N has meant the threat of Nuclear War has not gone away.

We all know how simple any easily this problem could be resolved but do any of the countries involved have the courage to take a step back and think about what’s in everyone’s best interests and not be so stubborn, it reminds me of arguments that I have had with the missus where it took one of us to swallow our pride and realise that we are arguing for the sake of getting one up on the other like some one is keeping score or something, the point I am trying to make is that for saving face we can lose it all and that’s not in our own best interests so why continue with this pointless exercise?

Edited by zimbob

This statement made by Russia is intended to intimidate world.

I'm not here to slag off the Russians but as I understand it the Patriot missile defence batteries would defend Russia and I personally think that the American Government are more focused on "terrorist" type of regimes that are developing ICBM's and not Russia, from what I have heard the Americans have only planned to install 15 Missiles what seems very short sighted if their intention was to negate the threat of hundreds of Russian missiles that would be launched in the event of a "First strike" attack, and you know what I suspect the Russians know this!

If America wanted to launch an attack it would not have to solely rely on a base in Poland, the Americans have Stealth Bombers and ICBM,s, Submarines/boats and not forgetting launch facilities in the UK plus numerous ground type launch vehicles/systems.

Did Russia and the U.S not learn anything from the Cuban Missile Crisis, were fail-safe’s not implemented to stop this sort of thing happening?

Why did not some organisation like the U.N not get evolved with this from the very beginning? they could have prevented this from even getting close to the absolute shambles it has degenerated into, the U.S and Russia could have combined their intellect and built a Anti Missile Battery together, they could have even built it in Russia!

IMO the Americans should hold back from building a Anti Missile defence battery in Poland even though it's probably in everyone’s best interests and Russia should retract its statement that they are willing to Nuke a smaller and less wealthy and more vulnerable country with fewer people and resources.

With all this talk about Russia and America it's easy to overlook the country directly affected Poland, they could show Russia how aggressive and un-civilised their actions appear to the world and how America are not making the Polish peoples lives any easier, unfortunately the American promise of security has only triggered a paranoid Russia to suspect that they are the victims of a American/West conspiracy.

This problem is not irrevocable but with Russia's heavy handed tactics and the American/Polish lack of communication combined with a useless U.N has meant the threat of Nuclear War has not gone away.

We all know how simple any easily this problem could be resolved but do any of the countries involved have the courage to take a step back and think about what’s in everyone’s best interests and not be so stubborn, it reminds me of arguments that I have had with the missus where it took one of us to swallow our pride and realise that we are arguing for the sake of getting one up on the other like some one is keeping score or something, the point I am trying to make is that for saving face we can lose it all and that’s not in our own best interests so why continue with this pointless exercise?

Excellent post. I completely agree.

He's from Israel....genius.

Just another Jew hater...that is pathetic.

I'm not sure what goes on in ninja's head but mabey he was offended by a war machine flanked by two religious symbols.

I dunno, all I can say for sure is that your "jew hater!" reaction was.... pathetic.

Now, I agree with the person above who said that the U.N should have gotten involved, thats what they are there for.

Now it'll take Iran attacking Russia to get everyone to make up...

Edited by InHuman

haha lets just say northern Russia especially could be considered terroist location hot-spot. Russia is not the best place to be, though I have made friends in Russia I speak more of the government. They are with China, Russia and North Korea band together. I've wrote some things about them and how I think about the nex WW3 but that's a whole other conversation. But yes china and russia especially have deals in between, where they hold their prisoners on the far west northern side of Russia, lies concentration camps.

I'm not sure what goes on in ninja's head but mabey he was offended by a war machine flanked by two religious symbols.

I dunno, all I can say for sure is that you're "jew hater!" reaction was.... pathetic.

Now, I agree with the person above who said that the U.N should have gotten involved, thats what they are there for.

Now it'll take Iran attacking Russia to get everyone to make up...

Are you kidding me the UN is a joke. I was trying to get help in North Korea about the concentration camps over there. I called the UN and told them if they could direct me to someone who knew about the concentration camps. Here is the kicker, they said they absolutely knew nothing about it. I called over 230 people in and out of the UN, than finally I got one 'station' that knew about the concentration camps out of that many!!! Even knew what I was talking about, or should I say willing to talk about it -.-

UN is and will always be a joke to me, if you put your life with them, well then I hope you don't expect to live very long

Could you tell me more about this concentration camp investigation of yours? Did you actually see them?

Could you tell me more about this concentration camp investigation of yours? Did you actually see them?

Ugh did I see them?? What have you people been living in a freaking hole like the rest of the UN!!! These camps my friend have been going on since the 1930s!!!! That is literally almost a century, people wonder how wars happen, this is how world war three is going to come down because no one for one dam century has decided to free these people. Except few like the Final Frontiers a small organization who risks their lives everyday to save these people.

Camp 22 one of them, sure you've heard of it

Em let me give you a book a man wrote named the Aquariums of Pyongyang by Kang Chol-hwan "ten years in the North Korean gulag"

If you actually want to know how I stummbled upon all of this you wouldn't believe me, but the point is it does exist and is still in existance with millions starving and getting tortured on a daily basis..I reccommend reading it and if you get it on amazon it costs nearly nothing

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_conce...he_Soviet_Union

This link is to just so you a bit of history

http://hnn.us/articles/10253.html

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3042116/

You know whats funny, in a classroom setting everyone is asked in the Holocaust of Europe in the 1930s would they save them, everyone says yes if they knew....well it is happening again..and again we repeat history, humans can say all they want, it's if you put action into it

Edited by puridalan

Thanks for bringing all this to my attention. The U.N it to scared to step on toes, and the Security council wont go anywhere with china and russia continually pushing against everything. The north korean goverment isn't fit to lead its people, an Invasion of N.K is and was more much needed then Iraq..