Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hoax: Georgia Bigfoot is a rubber costume

UM-Bot

They accepted a monetary advance on promotions and such, and when it came time to return it, they disappeared. THat is fraud for monetary gain, and a felony. Also, crossing state lines, which makes if a Federal offense. These idiots are in a world of hurt............deservingly so.

Having said that, is anyone really surprised????

So... Bigfoot DOESN"T eat possum???

But its really been fun, eh? Come on, admit it...

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gulf South Paranormal

• Vampwitchenstein

• Neognosis

• SoCrazes

That really depends on what they accepted money for, and how it was wordded. If they were smart, they accepted money for promotion of an attraction and didn't say, in whatever contracts they worked with, that they possessed a real specimin of an actual, unidentified and new species.

I'll be willing to bet that the guys who wrote the contract are a bit smarter than these Yahoos............World of hurt...............

I must say, I am disappointed that this is a hoax, what a total let down! :angry2:

With them being police officers it tended to add legitimacy to their claim, and boldly and candidly telling their stories on national news, along with the impending autopsy, it was looking like the real deal was finally discovered.

Now I hope they stumble across a real Bigfoot one day and it kicks the crap out of them, it would be poetic justice.

If nothing else they will make a load of money being in one of those Bigfoot Beef jerky commercials so the Bigfoot can rip them a new %$# Hole.

I really do hope these guys get some jail time for this, there only comment is going to be that we were stupid to even believe them in the first place.

So... Bigfoot DOESN"T eat possum???

But its really been fun, eh? Come on, admit it...

No, this has not been fun for me. As a person who has seriously looked into this matter for years, a spectacle like this just makes me and anyone else attempting to seriously research unclassified bipedal primates ridiculous. We take enough flak as it is. Now anyone associated with sasquatch/bigfoot/yeti research is lumped in with these idiots.

I knew that Biscardi was a hoaxer and was skeptical from the start. But, knowing that a body is what is needed to prove this mystery to the world; I have been waiting for just such a scenario to occur. I was somehow hoping that these guys were legit and that Biscardi was just able to weasel his way in on it. Now that it is proved a hoax, I don't see how he's ever going to get the egg off of his face. This sucks!!!!! :angry:

Fun?

I have to say no also.

To me this creature is mystical..if not real and should not be affiliated with these

money hungry hillbillies...

Odin <---- Actually kinda sad? :(

Damn, I hope they burn in hell.

there needs to be a real penalty for this. jail-time, a sick fine...SOMEthing. I think its completely unacceptable for people to be able to publicly deceive, especially on such a massive scale. Imagine how much more clogged media would be if everyone was just goijng around making up lies and having press conferences for kicks. What a stupendous waste of time and resources. Just wow.

I wonder if all of the reporters and other professionals can sue in civil court for all of the time and resources wasted?

Ooh, however did I guess?

Damn, I hope they burn in hell.

:o

Harsh, simply put, and I feel your pain. But, as a resident "I don't know, but probably not" kind of guy, I do feel the sting too. I mean, I REALLY hoped these guys at LEAST had some kind of anomalous primate, even if it was a 45 year old escaped circus primate of some sort. Anything but a frigging bonafied rubber suit.

Eh. I was neutral on the thing. I didn't know to believe it or not. For some reason I didn't feel anything. I mean seriously, I would have been jumping off the walls. But something didn't feel right.

Jerks.

Edited by MoonPrincess

You know, despite all the ever disappointing, maddening, make-your-blood-boil hoaxes, I still believe there's a good chance that bf's exist. We can't let these goobers and others like them close our minds to that possibility. That goes for other paranormal hoaxes too. Having said that though, I am not really that surprised, but I was somewhat hopeful. I really don't understand why these guys would do this, surely they will lose their jobs and their reputations now, not to mention possible jail time. Just goes to show that credibility isn't full proof, Good job! :tu:

there needs to be a real penalty for this. jail-time, a sick fine...SOMEthing. I think its completely unacceptable for people to be able to publicly deceive, especially on such a massive scale. Imagine how much more clogged media would be if everyone was just goijng around making up lies and having press conferences for kicks. What a stupendous waste of time and resources. Just wow.

Not worse than the bank down the street that has been giving $150,000 loans to people who make $25,000 a year.

Not much different than Jerry Springer type shows putting on an act and trying to pass it off as real.

Not much different than a magician who tricks his paying audience.

If the contract they signed was worded correctly, these 2 guys is be off scott free. I'm not saying that I agree with what they did, I just think a headhunt isn't neccesary.

there needs to be a real penalty for this. jail-time, a sick fine...SOMEthing. I think its completely unacceptable for people to be able to publicly deceive, especially on such a massive scale.

Oh come on......

Plus, we wouldn't have a congress if lying was illegal. Or a president, for that matter.

Not worse than the bank down the street that has been giving $150,000 loans to people who make $25,000 a year.

Not much different than Jerry Springer type shows putting on an act and trying to pass it off as real.

Not much different than a magician who tricks his paying audience.

If the contract they signed was worded correctly, these 2 guys is be off scott free. I'm not saying that I agree with what they did, I just think a headhunt isn't neccesary.

I have to agree completely.

This was to be expected (although most hoped it was real). But what was their gain in all of this? Money couldn't be it, since they should have known they would get sued if the hoax fell through.

Maybe even criminals who where convicted or fined because of this ex-cop will go free now because everything he has done has been compromised by this hoax, or at least some lawyers are going to try.

Try more like $300,000 loans. Look up "communitty banking" laws. Not intending to change the subject of this thread but a lot of banks were forced by Federal (and some state) laws to make those kinds of loans, or else be fined or even loose their license.

I wonder if all of the reporters and other professionals can sue in civil court for all of the time and resources wasted?

That would be something! :D

But considering a lot of the other drival that's shown on the news it's the risk of the job.

But what was their gain in all of this? Money couldn't be it, since they should have known they would get sued if the hoax fell through.

They are not going to get sued, because they haven't committed any crime, IF they worded their contracts correctly.

You folks have a skewed view of this, because you assume that the general public believes in bigfoot like some of you do. But to the rest of the world outside your circles and this forum, declaring that you captured bigfoot is akin to announcing that you captured the Easter Bunny. Would you David Copperfield if you found out that he actually DIDN'T make the statue of liberty disappear, it was an illusion? Nobody in their right mind actually thinks David Copperfield moved the entire statue of liberty. It's analgous. And I think a court would see it in a similar light.

Plus, most assuredly they likely worded their contracts to say "attraction" and not an actual uidentified mystery specimin.

Being skeptical about Bigfoot I’m not very surprised, but I’m sure this is disappointing news for the believers...

You folks have a skewed view of this, because you assume that the general public believes in bigfoot like some of you do. But to the rest of the world outside your circles and this forum, declaring that you captured bigfoot is akin to announcing that you captured the Easter Bunny. Would you David Copperfield if you found out that he actually DIDN'T make the statue of liberty disappear, it was an illusion? Nobody in their right mind actually thinks David Copperfield moved the entire statue of liberty. It's analgous. And I think a court would see it in a similar light.

Good analogy. :tu:

All along I was waiting for MIBs or the Army to come and confiscate it and declaring it missing, just leaving it in a mystery and making it just as famous as Roswell. That would've been a better ending than what they did.

linked-image

The kingpin hoaxer of the "Georgia bigfoot body" -- Biscardi -- will, thankfully, never be taken seriously by the press ever again. But today he and his long-time associate, Steve Kulls (the "Sasquatch Detective" -- Kulls is a former shopping mall security guard), are making another ludicrous attempt to regain the media spotlight.

After Biscardi was publicly busted and humiliated in 2005 for a different version of a bigfoot body hoax, he claimed he was "hoodwinked" by some bad people who had deceived him (all the while he was raking in money from a phony pay-per-view "surveillance" project).

As of today, August 20, 2008, Biscardi is trying to get back on Fox News ... in order to emotionally announce that he was "hoodwinked" ... again ...

http://www.bfro.net/hoax.asp

Just found this in the 'guestbook' of 'The offending hoaxers' site: http://www.bigfoottracker.com/

Think of the tune to 'Devil Went Down To Georgia' Whomever wrote this (kimble in bigfootforums.com) deserves a nice cold pitcher of beer! It's glorious!

posted by kimble in bigfootforums.com

Biscardi went down to Georgia He was looking for a ‘Foot that’s real. He was in a bind, ‘cus it was August 9 And he was looking to make a deal. When he came across these two young men With a hose and a Frigidaire And Biscardi jumped up on a hickory stump and said,“Boys let me tell you what I guess you didn’t know it, but I’m a Bigfoot hunter too, And if you’d care to make it rich, I’ll make a bet with you. Now you play a pretty good hoax Boys, but give Ol' Tom his due I’ll bet a million dollars That I can hoax it better than you! The boys said, "Our name's are Rickmatt and it might be a sin, But we'll take your bet, you're gonna regret,'cause We’re the BEST there's ever been!" Bipto, Loren, check your bandwidth and test your servers hard,'Cause hell's broke loose in Georgia and Biscardi deals the cards And if the posters post you'll get a Webby made of gold,But if you lose, the Georgians gets to booooast! Fire on the Mountain, run, boys, run. A Squatch is in the house of the risin' sun.Chicken in the breadpan picking out dough,Rene does your Squatch bite, "G@d9amn, no!"