Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Corpse Waked Standing Up

goalienan

SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico

A Puerto Rican man has been granted his wish to remain standing - even in death.

A funeral home used a special embalming treatment to keep the corpse of 24-year-old Angel Pantoja Medina standing upright for his three-day wake.

Dressed in a Yankees baseball cap and sunglasses, Pantoja was mourned by relatives while propped upright in his mother's living room.

His brother Carlos told the El Nuevo Dia newspaper the victim had long said he wanted to be upright for his own wake. "He wanted to be happy standing".

The owner of the Marin Funeral Home, Damaris Marin, told the Associated Press the mother asked him to fulfill the dead son's last wish.

Pantoja was found Friday underneath a bridge in San Juan and buried Monday. Police are investigating.

CBSNews.com

Jeez, this would have scared the hell out of me...And in his mothers house..ewww...

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• goalienan

• Enigmatic Ghost

• Finsup22

• xCrimsonx

Jeez :blink: that's just creepy.

You never know, they might get really drunk at the wake and have a good ol shindig.

I have an awesome vision of someone dancing with him lol . "yucky" Tis a little bit like Weeekend at Bernies, god I LOVED that movie!!

Weekend At Bernie's II: The Conga Line

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2X-bnzzM3xg

Edited by xCrimsonx

You never know, they might get really drunk at the wake and have a good ol shindig.

I have an awesome vision of someone dancing with him lol . "yucky" Tis a little bit like Weeekend at Bernies, god I LOVED that movie!!

Weekend At Bernie's II: The Conga Line

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2X-bnzzM3xg

Aww, Weekend at Bernie's is a classic. Bernie wore the sunglasses and baseball hat too... :lol:

SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico

A Puerto Rican man has been granted his wish to remain standing - even in death.

Jeez, this would have scared the hell out of me...And in his mothers house..ewww...

just shows peoples views both in life and in death, when they are alive they want to die and when they die, they would rather stand up.......... :blink:

just shows peoples views both in life and in death, when they are alive they want to die and when they die, they would rather stand up.......... :blink:

:lol::w00t: Sounds good to me...

Interesting piece of furniture.

The yuckiest coat-hanger in the whole world.

He looks like a gang banger even in death.

argh, I was going to say that :P

creepy stuff though :S

Well i'm all for people getting the big good bye the way they want. But i don't know if i walked in wether i would run in terror or laugh like crazy? :unsure2:

Well i'm all for people getting the big good bye the way they want. But i don't know if i walked in wether i would run in terror or laugh like crazy? :unsure2:

I'd pose with him for pictures, make the rabbit ears thing behind his head with my fingers.

I wouldn't be able to enter the room with him in there, just looking at the picture of him standing there gives me the creeps :no:

Looks like The Yankees not making the playoffs have claimed ANOTHER victim. :cry:

Hmmm that would make a nice scratching post. :D

I wanna be propped up by my kickstand when I die :D

That is just weird, but some people have weird wishes for their wakes and burials...

And I thought mine was out there...

Pavot

Edited by Pavot

Looking at the pic, I'm just glad nobody tried to hang their umbrella on the guy. That would'a been awkward. he kinda looks like he should have a bunch of cigars in his right hand.

I would have been walking around and asking people, "who's that weirdo standing in the corner?"

I wouldn't be able to enter the room with him in there, just looking at the picture of him standing there gives me the creeps :no:

blah throw a blanket over him.

So now so far, we have him holding five Cuban cigars, and a cat climbing his Leg, an umbrella hung upon his arm and blanket over his head with the eye hole cut out, I add to him a Pair of Tony Lama Cowboy boots, what’s next?

Edited by Pavot