Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Body Jumping

Warran Peace

It is hardly so simple, human consciousness resists another's invasion and a strange soul cannot enter a healthy body  but into a weakened or sick child can. At the same time, human consciousness is temporarily suppressed by an alien consciousness, but the soul is not banished forever.
In order for the soul to leave the body forever, it is necessary to interrupt the astral filament, but the aliens in such a body will not enter as they cannot graft their astral filament to another's body. Only high-level yogis are capable of this. All these cases are rare otherwise every night when a person leaves the body, someone would occupy our body and create something bad, but this does not happen.

Precisely because people would abuse superpowers we don't have them.

Also, ghosts and subtle essences cannot enter our body because our physical body, astral body and the thread connecting the bodies provide powerful protection to us therefore all otherworldly beings cannot break through this defense-armor otherwise they would have joyfully attacked us. In the case of mediumship, a person gives his body to serve otherworldly beings.

Edited by Coil

5 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

If you jump into somebody else body, do you evict their soul is it murder?

Nearly everyone on this long dead thread is long gone from UM. 

The sceptic answer is that of course not, because none of this soul stuff is real.

The esoteric answer is no, it doesn't happen, because we own our bodies, the silver cord is real and it secures us to our body and our body to us. This whole topic of body jumping is more akin to an Anne Rice novel (Tale of The Body Snatcher). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

15 hours ago, MoonDream45 said:

My mom also told me that once  in the early 70's she went to the dentist and they had given her to much medication she said she felt her body float up like she was inside of a "lightbulb"

Dude....the same thing happened to me at the dentist...it was like, one minute I was laughing my buttocks off and the next minute I was like...          f  l  o  a  t  i  n  g....that's insane bro!

Edited by joc
  • Haha 1

• 2 years later...

New here.  I’m only here because of this topic.  I had an experience of this type back in 1986-87.  It has troubled me ever since.  I am a 74 year old male looking for answers.  That this happened there is no doubt.  I want to know how and why.  Above all, did our spirits merge in the experience or did we remain spiritually independent?

I will document here what happened in another post.

I expect the responses to vary by opinion and I respect that.  My concerns, again, are how and why.

What happened was spontaneous and totally unexpected.  I never knew such a thing was possible.  It is.  I know that now, and have been looking for answers for 35 years.

Thank you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Rascal01 said:

New here.  I’m only here because of this topic.  I had an experience of this type back in 1986-87.  It has troubled me ever since.  I am a 74 year old male looking for answers.  That this happened there is no doubt.  I want to know how and why.  Above all, did our spirits merge in the experience or did we remain spiritually independent?

I expect the responses to vary by opinion and I respect that.  My concerns, again, are how and why.

What happened was spontaneous and totally unexpected.  I never knew such a thing was possible.  It is.  I know that now, and have been looking for answers for 35 years.

Thank you.

Welcome to the forum.   I look forward to your description of what happened.

Thank you Desertrat56.

I’m telling this experience as it happened.

In 1984 I met the love of my life.  It was mutual.  The written and spoken word is inadequate to describe the experience.  It was love at first sight.  It was immediate and intense.  Soul mates could fit.  In 2021 she is still the love of a lifetime.

Sex was awesome, natural and filled with love.  What I’m about to describe to you took place in 1985 or 1986.

We had made love and were still physically connected.  I lay on top of her, my eyes closed, and feeling, radiating, nothing but my great love for her.  There was no thought in my mind, only an ongoing expression, an emotion, of love.

I felt a pull, a draw, on my spirit.  It was not a projection.  There was increasing tension, similar to magnetism, yet different.  In the background there was, I think, a very slight hum or buzz, barely noticeable.  The tension increased.  The experience lasted 8 or 10 seconds then relaxed.  The spiritual pull simply stopped.

Ten or fifteen seconds later the tension began again.  In 3 to 5 seconds there was a “pop” and I was out of body.  It was not violent or forceful.  I think of the sensation as being similar to a person pulling back a short, thick rubber band on their thumb and releasing it, though with very little tension, causing it to fly only a foot or two.

All this and what follows took place in the dark as I had been totally relaxed, completely at peace, with my eye closed.  Please understand I had no idea this was going to happen.  I never knew what was about to happen was possibly.

I had entered directly into her body.  I was bewildered and could make no sense of what was happening.  Being inconceivable, I was experiencing something I could not comprehend.

I was astonished by what I felt.  Genital differences and breasts did not enter into the experience.  She was leggy, I’m not.  How different that was.  She was quite slender, far different than a male body.  Her upper body musculature was very different.  I was aghast at how frail she seemed by comparison, and instantly understood why women share physical loads and struggle when there is no help.  Her body was very much like a model’s.  Her overall physique was so different than my own that experiencing it overpowered any thought that what was happening, was, in fact, really happening.

I took a moment to calm myself, then began to explore my new body from the inside.  I was feeling what I was feeling, if that makes any sense at all.  I think I tried to open and close my right hand while trying to lift my arm.  Then tension again, a more abrupt pull, short in duration, and I was back in my body.

This frail 22 or 23 year old of slender build instantly picked me straight up and off her, and threw me to the far side of the bed.  She had been made strong as the adrenaline flowed.  She was bewildered and very frightened.  She moved very near to me and spoke through clenched teeth. saying very intensely with sharp, compacted words “What was that?”  After a minute or two she calmed somewhat and spoke again, though with less urgency.  She said “How did you do that?”

It was clear she felt violated, and whatever she felt frightened her in a significant way.  We never spoke of it again.  It seemed to be off limits, as though whatever we had to say was better left unsaid.

Do any of you know or understand how this happened and/or why?  My biggest concern is our souls or spirits.  Did we merge as one or remain independent, in effect, having double occupancy of a single human body?

What this experience reminds me of is 2 people sitting at a cafe table, each blowing cigarette smoke through their respective straws into the same empty bottle.

After this I was amused by physical sex.  Delightful, yes, but not nearly as intimate as this experience.

This has haunted me for 35 years.  I’d like to get some understanding of the hows and whys before I die.  That’s why I’m here.  Does anyone have an answer?

@Rascal01 I have not ever experienced something like that and I understand why your girlfriend was upset.   I also understand how it could happen unintentionally.  Maybe to give you a better idea how women are different from men, not just genitalia, but physically, though we are not really different mentally.  All the stereotypes are just manipulations on both sides "men never listen"   "women are unpredictable"   both of those are destructive stereotypes and there are a lot more.  The one that irked me the most as I found it to be untrue (I spent most of my life working with men and few women) was "women are gossips",  you would not believe how gossipy men are when their wives are not around.  Anyway, sorry, I just went in to my triggers.

I had an experience very different from yours, but in a way, similar.  I met a man when I was 19 and first, I was sitting in a lobby waiting to be processed in to the unit, when I felt someone walking up to the door.  I felt him.  Did not know who it was.  When he came in I saw who it was.  I know he felt something too, because he sat in the chair right by the door and looked around the room until he saw me.   He then moved to sit beside me.  We started talking and spent days together talking.   I could feel him a block away.   We did not keep our relationship long because he had some issues with relationships with women.   He could not relate to having a female friend and I did not want to have sex with him. 

We are more than the sum or our physical parts.  There are people in our lives that we know as soon as we encounter them.  Unexplainable as it is, it is.

Desertrat,

Thank you for commenting.  I’m grateful you did.  Your post brought to mind the details of our first encounter.  I had just finished a lengthy training program and was being shown around my work area.  There she was.  I felt a great attraction, literally a draw of some sort.  It was love at first sight.  Then she was gone.  I believe she had resigned and gone home.

Three years later I walked through the door of my office to drop off paper work.  Different office, different building, different assignment.  My organization had 21,000 employees, my building took up several city blocks, and I suspect it had offices numbering in the thousands.

As I went through the door I was focused on my paper work.  When I went to set it in the in-box I glanced at the secretary’s desk.  There sat a young woman, a blonder, younger version of today’s Taylor Swift.  My secretary looked close to 70 and was weary.  I realized I had been so focused on my paperwork that I had walked into the wrong office.  Embarrassed, I tried to nonchalantly make my way out the door.

Starting down the hallway I glanced at the office numbers posted along the various office entry doors.  I was shocked to see I had been in the correct office after all.  I walked back to my office and tried to sneak a peek around the door frame.  Unbeknownst to me, she was doing the same thing at the same time.  We very nearly bumped foreheads.  It was her, the woman I saw 3 years earlier at a different time and in a different place.  I had never forgotten her and had long lamented missing out on meeting her.

I cannot tell you how this works, only that this did in fact happen to me.  And what I remember about her that seemed odd is that she seemed to carry light with her, like an aura.  She would come to my workspace to visit and the room would visibly brighten as she entered.  No one else could see that but I certainly did.

I have no answers to any of this.  None.

• Like 1

On 11/2/2021 at 3:18 AM, Rascal01 said:

Thank you.

Refreshing post  Welcome to UM

I have a slightly different take on the experience'. 

In my experience, all conscious minds are linked to, and via, an entity I know as the cosmic, or universal, consciousness.

However, not everyone is capable of accessing this  consciousness, or using it.

Some people never even realise it exists. Their mind remains completely isolated from  all other minds and consciousness's   Generally these people will be completely disbelieving that this abilty exists a t all

(which is natural and understandable)  

Some people  have one off, or rare,  incidents, often in times of great danger or stress. These are often between family members, like a mother and child, or two siblings, or  a husband and wife 

Some only access it in their dream/subconscious state. Others can utilise it  while conscious, or dreaming.

A few individuals, through luck, childhood exposure and training,   hereditary genetics, self teaching,    or some other factor, become linked to it /with it, and can utilise it to varying degrees, on demand

These are often called psychics and the particular skills they have are varied in nature and skill levels.   

Some use it to help others, while  some seek to make money from it,

Most people with the strongest version don't advertise  the fact  UNLESS the y are strongly motivated to do so by compassion or greed  (or sometimes an "academic"  interest in their own abilities )

This is because a real and powerful ability   can affect everything in their lives; from friendships/ relationships, to their reputation in the community and  their work place.  

Get a reputation as a healer, or a finder,  or  having  any other  powerful psychic abilty, and you will be both sought out and shunned, even feared.

Prove/demonstrate,  even accidentally,  that you  can read a mind, or project your consciousness into another persons bedroom :)  and  those who know will never look at you in the same way.

Some will be fascinated, many will be fearful, and a few will ask you to help them.     Some will get angry and resentful if, for example, you have the abilty to  win every raffle run by your workplace or community,  or seem to have more luck than others  

It will affect every element/aspect  of your life 

On 11/3/2021 at 3:29 PM, Rascal01 said:

Thank you Desertrat56.

In 1984 I met the love of my life.  It was mutual.  The written and spoken word is inadequate to describe the experience.  It was love at first sight.  It was immediate and intense.  Soul mates could fit.  In 2021 she is still the love of a lifetime.

Sex was awesome, natural and filled with love.  What I’m about to describe to you took place in 1985 or 1986.

We had made love and were still physically connected.  I lay on top of her, my eyes closed, and feeling, radiating, nothing but my great love for her.  There was no thought in my mind, only an ongoing expression, an emotion, of love.

I felt a pull, a draw, on my spirit.  It was not a projection.  There was increasing tension, similar to magnetism, yet different.  In the background there was, I think, a very slight hum or buzz, barely noticeable.  The tension increased.  The experience lasted 8 or 10 seconds then relaxed.  The spiritual pull simply stopped.

Ten or fifteen seconds later the tension began again.  In 3 to 5 seconds there was a “pop” and I was out of body.  It was not violent or forceful.  I think of the sensation as being similar to a person pulling back a short, thick rubber band on their thumb and releasing it, though with very little tension, causing it to fly only a foot or two.

All this and what follows took place in the dark as I had been totally relaxed, completely at peace, with my eye closed.  Please understand I had no idea this was going to happen.  I never knew what was about to happen was possibly.

I had entered directly into her body.  I was bewildered and could make no sense of what was happening.  Being inconceivable, I was experiencing something I could not comprehend.

I was astonished by what I felt.  Genital differences and breasts did not enter into the experience.  She was leggy, I’m not.  How different that was.  She was quite slender, far different than a male body.  Her upper body musculature was very different.  I was aghast at how frail she seemed by comparison, and instantly understood why women share physical loads and struggle when there is no help.  Her body was very much like a model’s.  Her overall physique was so different than my own that experiencing it overpowered any thought that what was happening, was, in fact, really happening.

I took a moment to calm myself, then began to explore my new body from the inside.  I was feeling what I was feeling, if that makes any sense at all.  I think I tried to open and close my right hand while trying to lift my arm.  Then tension again, a more abrupt pull, short in duration, and I was back in my body.

This frail 22 or 23 year old of slender build instantly picked me straight up and off her, and threw me to the far side of the bed.  She had been made strong as the adrenaline flowed.  She was bewildered and very frightened.  She moved very near to me and spoke through clenched teeth. saying very intensely with sharp, compacted words “What was that?”  After a minute or two she calmed somewhat and spoke again, though with less urgency.  She said “How did you do that?”

It was clear she felt violated, and whatever she felt frightened her in a significant way.  We never spoke of it again.  It seemed to be off limits, as though whatever we had to say was better left unsaid.

Do any of you know or understand how this happened and/or why?  My biggest concern is our souls or spirits.  Did we merge as one or remain independent, in effect, having double occupancy of a single human body?

What this experience reminds me of is 2 people sitting at a cafe table, each blowing cigarette smoke through their respective straws into the same empty bottle.

After this I was amused by physical sex.  Delightful, yes, but not nearly as intimate as this experience.

This has haunted me for 35 years.  I’d like to get some understanding of the hows and whys before I die.  That’s why I’m here.  Does anyone have an answer?

I read this after writing my previous post 

To me it is one of those one off, powerful, and unforgettable experiences where two minds link together  

The experience of linking minds  inhabiting anothers body, in itself is not  so unique,  except that both of you experienced it while awake and aware of what was occurring .

I have spent considerable time inhabiting /sharing the mind/body of other beings,  from humans in the past, to alien beings across the galaxy  

These are impossible to confirm/ verify by speaking with the other individual I am   linked to, to see if the y shared the experience  and I "envy"   that aspect of your exchange. 

Otherwise yes, I feel the body, see through it's eyes, experience it's sensations, etc.    Usually I cant converse with it as it speaks a different language 

These experiences are mostly unverifiable, and thus i don't claim  the y are  proof of connection,

BUT there are other forms of abilty which come from the abilty to connect with other minds,  which are quite demonstrable.   

As with your friend . it often scares the other person,  although some are fascinated.   

The best way I can describe this phenomenon is by the transfiguration of Christ, which is what area I think it belongs in. It is a great mystery to mankind.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transfiguration_of_Jesus

Ephesians 5

28 So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.

29 For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:

30 For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.

31 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.

32 This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

My thanks to those who have responded.  I value your input.

I’m adding information that may be helpful when considering future responses.  I did not include this earlier to avoid topic clutter with unnecessary details.

I am the first born son of a very psychic and spiritual mother.  She also experienced remote viewing.  I inherited a very small portion of her ability.  I have pre-birth memories.  I have some psychic ability that diminished with age.  I had an estimated 6 to 8 out of body experiences at age 13.  I have twice experienced remote viewing, once as a young boy, the other at age 35.  I had a near death (like) experience at age 42 that lasted 35-40 minutes.

There is no need to try and convince me that these things are real.  I experienced them and know full-well they exist.  Similarly, there is no point in trying to convince me they are not real.  I mention these previous experiences only because they may have some bearing on, or influence in, the body-jumping encounter I described in a previous post.

Generally speaking, I have no control over any of these things.  I do not use the word ‘abilities’ as I regard myself as an untalented experiencer.  My experiences were involuntary save for one attempt as a boy to induce an out if body experience.

I believe I have given you a complete picture.  Though these things did happen to me, I can explain none of it.  I’m playing out of my league.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rascal01 said:

There is no need to try and convince me that these things are real.

That is a common theme among schizophrenics.  I'm not saying  you are that.  I'm simply saying that the fact that you believe something to be true doesn't mean that it is true. 

• Like 1

The woman who shared the so-called body jumping experience certainly knew that what happened was real.  She was clearly frightened and I can’t say I blame her.

During a remote viewing experience I saw 2 men attempting to murder my brother in a sugarcane field in Hawaii.  I traveled to Hawaii and met 2 police detectives.  I was a federal agent at the time and described what I thought to have been a psychic experience.  They listened patiently and professionally, then told me my brother had come into the station and made a criminal complaint regarding an attempt on his life.  The detectives told me the attack had taken place exactly as I saw it.  The single difference was I thought by brother dead.  He was obviously alive.

I saw that attempted murder from my bed in Reston, Virginia.  By body was there.  My soul or spirit, or perhaps my intellect and vision, were a hundred feet in the air over Maui, Hawaii.

If all these things can be explained by being schizophrenic, I’d gladly accept the diagnosis and move on with my life.  Personally, I think there is another explanation.  I do not know what it is.

Thank you for responding and your opinion.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Rascal01 said:

My thanks to those who have responded.  I value your input.

I’m adding information that may be helpful when considering future responses.  I did not include this earlier to avoid topic clutter with unnecessary details.

I am the first born son of a very psychic and spiritual mother.  She also experienced remote viewing.  I inherited a very small portion of her ability.  I have pre-birth memories.  I have some psychic ability that diminished with age.  I had an estimated 6 to 8 out of body experiences at age 13.  I have twice experienced remote viewing, once as a young boy, the other at age 35.  I had a near death (like) experience at age 42 that lasted 35-40 minutes.

There is no need to try and convince me that these things are real.  I experienced them and know full-well they exist.  Similarly, there is no point in trying to convince me they are not real.  I mention these previous experiences only because they may have some bearing on, or influence in, the body-jumping encounter I described in a previous post.

Generally speaking, I have no control over any of these things.  I do not use the word ‘abilities’ as I regard myself as an untalented experiencer.  My experiences were involuntary save for one attempt as a boy to induce an out if body experience.

I believe I have given you a complete picture.  Though these things did happen to me, I can explain none of it.  I’m playing out of my league.

I am curious about yours and your mother's remote viewing experiences.   It is probably what I was doing when astral traveling as a teen ager.   I set out to prove that what I saw, somewhere I was not, was really happening by enlisting my cousin to detail what went on at a certain time and place that she was while I was 200 miles away in my home.   I was able to verify that I was in fact astral traveling to her location and witnessing what went on.  

Edited by Desertrat56

4 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

I am curious about yours and your mother's remote viewing experiences.   It is probably what I was doing when astral traveling as a teen ager.   I set out to prove that what I saw, somewhere I was not, was really happening by enlisting my cousin to detail what went on at a certain time and place that she was while I was 200 miles away in my home.   I was able to verify that I was in fact astral traveling to her location and witnessing what went on.  

My mother would tell me of her experiences when I was a small boy.  I think she just needed someone to talk to, perhaps to unload on.  Over the years, as I grew, she would repeat them.  For the 2 of us, dreams were the major contributor to our experiences.  My mother thought she was experiencing dreams.  Many were, but I now know some were remote viewing.

One in particular is memorable and she was distraught by it all her life.  She found herself in a sinking American submarine during WWll.  I think this happened in 1943 or 1944.  I was born in 1947.  Her experience was involuntary.  She found herself in a sinking submarine as it was filling with water.  She described fear, terror and pandemonium.  Young sailors screamed and cried out for their mothers.  There was total panic.  She may have said someone shot himself, though I can’t swear by it.  She told me “Don’t think our boys are not afraid or (paraphrasing) all are brave in the face if death.  There was mad drowning induced terror in a rapidly flooding and sinking boat with no way out.  That viewing took its toll.  Her telling me this as she relived her own terror still haunts me.  I carry that memory to this day.

My first experience with remote viewing took place a few days after my (I think) 6th Christmas.  I had been gifted a child’s bow and arrow set.  My indoor archery became a problem after shooting my grandfather.  My mother took my toy away and hid it, then told me I could have it in the Springtime, when I could use it outdoors.

I told her she couldn’t do that.  “Why not” she asked.  “Because I will take a nap and dream where it is, then go get it.”  Such was my confidence in something I didn’t understand then, and still don’t.

I napped on the living room sofa.  In my dream I searched the house top to bottom.  I found my bow and arrows hidden in a heavy duty cardboard barrel in the basement.  On waking, I retrieved them.  My mother was in the kitchen near the top of the staircase.  “I told you I would find them” I said to her.  There was no response.  She understood.

The viewing of the attempt on my brother’s life was different.  During a normal night I found myself moving through the air looking at the ground below.  I’d estimate my height from the ground at 100 to 150 feet above the ground,  Everything was in natural color.  I saw 2 men moving to attack my brother at his campsite.  I moved lower just by desire.  Now at 10 feet, I saw one had a large Buck folding pocket knife.  They attacked, my brother jumped through his large campfire and embers flew into the air.  I awoke in my bed as a man who had just witnessed a murder.  My sheets were sweat-soaked.

There was no difference between being in or out of body, save the presence of a physical body.  Intellect and sight were present.  My spirit/soul moved freely through the air without weight.  It seemed natural and there was no fear.  I could travel, observe, remember, think and want.  I was me minus a body.

There were 2 differences in my experiences.  One was desired, the other not.  One was in color, the other in greys.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rascal01 said:

There was no difference between being in or out of body, save the presence of a physical body.  Intellect and sight were present.  My spirit/soul moved freely through the air without weight.

You have superpowers from a past life and something happens consciously or in a dream, something spontaneously. You need to develop them further.

Once upon a time I deliberately developed out-of-body exits and you have more advantages.

2 hours ago, Coil said:

You have superpowers from a past life and something happens consciously or in a dream, something spontaneously. You need to develop them further.

Once upon a time I deliberately developed out-of-body exits and you have more advantages.

I can only say that from my experience we are still ourselves when this happens.  Your self, or self-identity, is your spirit, not your body.  While we occupy a living biological body and the body breaks, is damaged or grows too old, the body dies.  I believe we, as as creatures of spirit, live on.  I used to regard the body as a container or wrapper.  Now I look at it as a tool of the soul.  With it we demonstrate the state of our non-physical heart, for good or evil.

I have no recollection of any previous life.  I can’t explain any of these things.  Maybe some wise soul here has the answers.  I can say my near death experience was Christian in nature.

Thank you for commenting, Coil.

2 hours ago, XenoFish said:

It's all downhill from here.

At 74 it was all downhill last year.  I was close to going twice.  Nothing to it.  I was so sick I didn’t care.  What I really care about is the answer as to how I ended up in someone else’s body.  That troubles me and I’d like to know before my bones convert to dust.

Thank you for commenting.

On 11/2/2021 at 9:59 PM, Rascal01 said:

Thank you Desertrat56.

I can shed a bit of light perhaps but no firm answers.
We share some common traits in our partners.  Meeting my wife was like being struck by lightning. 

Love at first sight, 34 years ago.  I resisted it at first.  Rather potently.  I wanted nothing to do with girlfriends or romantic relationships.  I was studying intensely and was planning on abstaining from any relationships for some years while I pursued my craft with full attention.  Life truly seems to be what happens while we're making other plans.

In some of my meditation studies I've encountered others who describe what you experienced, or very similar.

I'm just reading your response after getting home from another 15 hour day (the last in a run of 30 days straight on a show), but I have the weekend off, and will respond as best I'm able tomorrow when I'm rested and more lucid.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, quiXilver said:

I can shed a bit of light perhaps but no firm answers.
We share some common traits in our partners.  Meeting my wife was like being struck by lightning. 

Love at first sight, 34 years ago.  I resisted it at first.  Rather potently.  I wanted nothing to do with girlfriends or romantic relationships.  I was studying intensely and was planning on abstaining from any relationships for some years while I pursued my craft with full attention.  Life truly seems to be what happens while we're making other plans.

In some of my meditation studies I've encountered others who describe what you experienced, or very similar.

I'm just reading your response after getting home from another 15 hour day (the last in a run of 30 days straight on a show), but I have the weekend off, and will respond as best I'm able tomorrow when I'm rested and more lucid.

Thank you, quiXilver.  That’s very kind of you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, XenoFish said:

My answer is that this whole experience is just a very lucid dream. 

I wish it were so.  It would be far easier to deal with and not take 74 years.

There are accounts of what you describe @Rascal01 in two of the traditions I've studied and practiced.  Longmen Pai and Tibetan Bon.  What you describe is a very high level skill in Tantric traditions among those who seek to create or acquire such and if persistent, often through many years of dedicated practice may be attained. 

I expect it's present in every tradition that is not celibate and I also suspect it is a natural phenomenon.  Does anything about your breathing at the time it happened stand out in memory?  Breath is perhaps the most direct way to influence awareness and induce changes.  When two lovers resonate and connect at certain layers, conscious awareness can tune into another channel.  Like a radio tuning into another broadcast.  The wavelengths of life are continuous and all about us.  Our perceptual apparatus all tune into varying frequencies and we experience this as sensation.

The story I heard from a fellow carpenter I was partnered with on a project and is almost identical to yours.  Though neither of them were unsettled or upset by it.  He related this story under his breath to me, somewhat reluctantly.  I never hesitate to talk of my experiences and so often after sharing some of my own, folks feel comfortable to open up with their own.

He and his gal were making love, it had been going on for some time, on and off, throughout a morning, into the afternoon.  At one point, they came together again and their eyes locked.  He said their breathing synchronized, her exhaling, he inhaling.  This continued for some time, it was not feverish but very soft and slow.  He then described being able to feel her heartbeat in time with his own... and 'a vibration in my whole body'. 

Then he says, he had a big shock as he found himself looking into his own eyes, at his own face, but from her body.

He said she and he both experienced the swap, her from his body and he from hers.  He said it persisted for some length of heartbeats then they both snapped back.  They were both amazed by it, but not put off at all.  It brought elation and lasting ecstatic sensations.

It sounds like in your case, both awarenesses shared one form.  I imagine was very unsettling for her and without any context or training.  It may also explain why she asked "how did you do that?"

It's a synchronization of awareness and I woudln't worry about anything being lost, or overwritten, or stolen between you, if anything it's a magnifying event and garners long term benefits to reality tunnels, it's one of the reasons tantric processes have been refined into schools.  There can be much merit and insights in such experiences.  Your smoke analogy is a good one. 

For me it's more like tones of light, each of their own frequency, and when they come together blending, they create a third tone.  Like blue and red coming together to make purple.  Neither the red, nor blue is overwritten, or lost, but when resonating together they create a third harmonic tone, purple.

These traditions work foudnationally with the nature of awareness which is vast and occupies an amazing array of varying layers or frequencies and this experience of swapping perspective demonstrates how awareness is not confined, nor generated by the physical form of our body but that bodies manifest within a field of influence.  Awareness is (and here my own experiences from earliest childhood to now agree with this tenet), Awareness is as a field of influence within which many objects may arise, my is body included and centered in this field, but is not exclusive. 

My first memory in this life, was a dream that induced an obe and set the tone for my desire to explore consciousness.  As such, I've been experiencing an array of awareness related shifts throughout my life, most spontaneously, but some through my own efforts and study.

Many of them were shared experiences.  My wife and I have manifested several profound experiences, ours involving manifested light and silence, I finally found answers for each, in the traditions I've studied, but it took years. 

Amazingly enough, again at work, one morning an old timer, nearing retirement, out of the blue shared an experience he and his wife had that was nigh on identical to one my wife and I experienced that involving white light.  I was gobsmacked and yet, unsurprised.  These things are, after all, utterly natural.

Hope this helps some.  As I said, in anything I've ever read, or heard, it's not a thing to worry over, if anything, it can be a real boon.

And as with anything I ever say, I'm only ever sharing authentically, I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything.

Peace and congrats on finding such a partner in life.  There is no greater treasure to me, than to know love for another without bounds and to be loved without measure.

peace mate

/|\