Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Merged] Man eaten by crocodile

Owlscrying

Dhaka - A crocodile killed and devoured a 25-year-old man in Bangladesh who waded into a pond next to a shrine hoping to be blessed by the animal, police said on Thursday.

Inspector Humayun Kabir said that Rubel Sheikh and his mother travelled 50 kilometres (30 miles) from their home to visit the Muslim Khan Jahan Ali shrine, where the attack happened.

Kabir said hundreds of people visit the shrine every day to offer hens and goats to the five crocodiles living in the pond.

Part of the ritual also involves bathing in the water.

"He went into the pond hoping to be blessed when a crocodile attacked him and dragged him into the deep part of the pond," Kabir said.

go

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Plainbob13

• Radian

• Still Waters

• twpdyp

....How unfortunate for that guy but its not like we didn't see it coming

"This is a very unusual incident. Normally, the crocodiles are very friendly and do not harm people."

I didn't think there was such a thing as a 'friendly' crocodile......

"This is a very unusual incident. Normally, the crocodiles are very friendly and do not harm people."

I didn't think there was such a thing as a 'friendly' crocodile......

A friendly crocodile? O_O o_o

It's a wild animal, a carnivore, a reptile with a very small brain, it's not a carebear.

Gosh.....

Dhaka - A crocodile killed and devoured a 25-year-old man in Bangladesh who waded into a pond next to a shrine hoping to be blessed by the animal, police said on Thursday.

Inspector Humayun Kabir said that Rubel Sheikh and his mother travelled 50 kilometres (30 miles) from their home to visit the Muslim Khan Jahan Ali shrine, where the attack happened.

Kabir said hundreds of people visit the shrine every day to offer hens and goats to the five crocodiles living in the pond.

Part of the ritual also involves bathing in the water.

"He went into the pond hoping to be blessed when a crocodile attacked him and dragged him into the deep part of the pond," Kabir said.

go

WTF,Stupid is as stupid does.The only one that got blessed was the croc with a free meal.

A friendly crocodile? O_O o_o

It's a wild animal, a carnivore, a reptile with a very small brain, it's not a carebear.

Gosh.....

Yes, I know that...........I think you totaly misunderstood my post........ ;)

No, i disagree about all crocodiles being un-friendly. You clearly haven't met this one

linked-image

:tu:

Never smile at a crocodile...

Sorry, but bathing in crocodile-infested waters is like a ginger person walking through a council estate at night. Yeah. Dig my British culture reference.

Had he survived this his next trick would have been to walk through a lion's cage with pork chops around his neck in the hopes that the lions would bestow a blessing on his stupid head. Another swimmer from the shallow end of the gene pool.

I'd say the blessing worked.

Now we have one less stupid person.

Or as Ron White said "You can't fix stupid"

Or as Ron White said "You can't fix stupid"

Appariently you can.

They're called Crocodiles.

Yep.. We'll he's blessed now!! lol

"Never mess with a pet that can bite ya hand clean off".

Poor guy, the beauty of such an animal can be so alluring.

Edited by xCrimsonx

A CROCODILE killed and ate a 25-year-old man in Bangladesh after he waded into a pond next to a shrine hoping to be blessed by the animal, police say.

Inspector Humayun Kabir said Rubel Sheikh and his mother travelled 50km from their home to visit the Muslim Khan Jahan Ali shrine, where the attack happened.

Kabir said hundreds of people visit the shrine every day to offer hens and goats to the five crocodiles living in the pond. Part of the ritual involves bathing in the water.

"He went into the pond hoping to be blessed when a crocodile attacked him and dragged him into the deep part of the pond,'' Kabir said.

"This is a very unusual incident. Normally, the crocodiles are very friendly and do not harm people.''

Kabir said about 25 people dived into the pond following the attack yesterday, but could not find the man's body.

It washed ashore today and had been largely eaten, he said

Source

:o

That's what happens when you jump into a pond full of crocodiles. poor guy

Crocodile eats man who sought its blessing, after he waded into a pond next to a shrine hoping to be blessed

lol laughed my head off i know thats mean but still its like those people who try to pat tigers you are just asking for it

so thats how croc's bless people.

''Inspector Humayun Kabir said Rubel Sheikh and his mother travelled 50km from their home to visit the Muslim Khan Jahan Ali shrine,''

odd name for a shrine , when do muslims worship crocs.