Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

"Global Warming" proved false

CosmicStaR

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CosmicStaR

• IrishAidan07

• aquatus1

• WolfCreekWench

Top Posters In This Topic

2008 has PROVEN to be one of the hottest years PLANET wide in the last 100 years, FORGET that it was SLIGHTLY cooler than the last 5 years overall...THE OTHER SIDE CAN MAKE THE DATA THEY PRESENT SAY WHATEVERTHE HELL THEY WANT TO SUIT THIER OWN NEEDS..WAKE UP BEFORE ITS TOO LATE

Edited by WolfCreekWench

2008 has PROVEN to be one of the hottest years PLANET wide in the last 100 years, FORGET that it was SLIGHTLY cooler than the last 5 years overall...THE OTHER SIDE CAN MAKE THE DATA THEY PRESENT SAY WHATEVERTHE HELL THEY WANT TO SUIT THIER OWN NEEDS..WAKE UP BEFORE ITS TOO LATE

Alllright---show me your research>

2008 has PROVEN to be one of the hotest years PLANET wide in the last 100 years, FORGET that it was SLIGHTLY cooler than the last 5 yeARS overall...THE OTHER SIDE CAN MAKE THE DATA THEY PRESENT SAY WHATEVERTHE HELL THEY WANT TO SUIT THIER OWN NEEDS..WAKE UP BEFORE ITS TOO LATE

DO we have a slight CASE of RANDOM CAPS lock HERE?

Around about the year 1000, it was warm enough for the Vikings to colonise Greenland. the ice was further north that it's been at any time since. It subsequently got a bit colder. Was the fact that it was, temporarily, warm enough to do that the fault of human activity? What carbon footprint was there globally then? I'm not saying there may not be plenty of evidence to prove whatever anyone may want, and i'm certainly not saying that i take everything that Alex Jones says unquestioningly, just that it's far more complex and unpredictable than to boil it down to just another tidy "Us" versus "Them" (or "THEM") argument.

This summer has hardly been one of the hottest on record here, that's for sure. The trees are beginning to think it's autumn already.

Edited by 747400

in short of adding 1 million plus pages of data for your viewing pleasure..

visit www.climatehotmap.org add check out all the easy to understand links..

..and as far as Alex goes, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see where his true nature lies..stir the pot any way he can, for whatever his dubious reasons may be, monetary or otherwise. and sadly, when I get typing quickly I do tend to hit the caps lock button, but this time my dd wanted it to stay that way....lol...

in short of adding 1 million plus pages of data for your viewing pleasure..

visit www.climatehotmap.org add check out all the easy to understand links..

..and as far as Alex goes, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see where his true nature lies..stir the pot any way he can, for whatever his dubious reasons may be, monetary or otherwise. and sadly, when I get typing quickly I do tend to hit the caps lock button, but this time my dd wanted it to stay that way....lol...

I've read numerous pages and none said that 2008 was a record high in temperature..

As for as Alex Jones goes--I admire his passion and his pages are usually interesting and full of information that is usually hiddden from Americans--

Not saying it's all true--and yes it is hard to defferintiate what is true and what isn't--but for some reason I trust independent sources more than I trust the main stream media or anything in close relation--

Oh man, I literally laughed out loud when I read that.

..funny but I laughed out loud when I read the news article that started this post...

...and sorry for the confusion, all of my sources repeatedly show how SO FAR this year is globally one of the warmest on record..

..and yes global warming on the 'whole' is a "natural process". The planet has been shown for thousands of years to wax and wane from cold periods to warm periods. This however is being "skewed" by our human influence. Educate yourselves about all aspects of the science of climate change, dont pick and choose one bit of info on this topic.

Educate yourselves about all aspects of the science of climate change, dont pick and choose one bit of info on this topic.

No need to patronize..

many variables are involved as for as climate change goes--but I think it's just gotten a bit out of hand--especially when Al Gore brought up a CO2 tax--

Does any one REALLY know what's going on?

Sorry, but one year being cooler does NOT disprove anything.

If you will look at the global temperature data from Nasa's Goddard Institute for Space Studies (data through 2007 can be viewed here), you will find that...

Even though the yearly change in global temperature may vary by as much as .3 degrees Celsius from year to year, the overall trend has ALWAYS been upward.

In statistics, the TREND carries more weight than one individual PIECE of data.

Edited by swollen_ostrich

Global warming is happening no doubt, enough evidence for that.

The question is what causes it. And i do not think it got anything to do with people or pollution etc, personally I think it has to do with natural cycles, as this has happened many times in the past if you look at history way back, and it also seem to happen at more or less close intervals, which again matches up with the mayan calendar from my research but that's a long story.

To make it short, around 5200 years ago there was a big climate change, and around 12 000 years ago was the big ice age.

The mayan calendar ends in 2012 for the current age, and that represents a cycle of around 5200 years.

That's my short version at least heh

-EA

How can one say that 2008 is the hottest (or coolest, for that matter) year on record, when it's only August?

I personally see the Earth environment as naturally cyclic, warmer times, cooler times, long before we came along in force. Mankind's actions may have a small effect, but nothing some presidential candidate needs to promise to fix to "save the planet". Now, a nice massive solar flare, disabling/disrupting comm and GPS satellites and power grids for some unknown time...that will make global warming's onrushing sea level tides pale in comparison to everyday folks. It will kick our butts, and the planet will shrug it off as nothing. Assuming we must "save the planet" denies the physical mayhem this orb went through in it's billions of years.

What are we trying to save here...the planet's a helluva lot tougher than a technologically dependant society that's forgotten how to create fire with two sticks...or how to live without computing technology. That bothers me.

We cannot "destroy" this planet, or it's environment. Nature will make it right. Who do "we" think we are? Incredibly presumptious...

How can one say that 2008 is the hottest (or coolest, for that matter) year on record, when it's only August?

I personally see the Earth environment as naturally cyclic, warmer times, cooler times, long before we came along in force. Mankind's actions may have a small effect, but nothing some presidential candidate needs to promise to fix to "save the planet". Now, a nice massive solar flare, disabling/disrupting comm and GPS satellites and power grids for some unknown time...that will make global warming's onrushing sea level tides pale in comparison to everyday folks. It will kick our butts, and the planet will shrug it off as nothing. Assuming we must "save the planet" denies the physical mayhem this orb went through in it's billions of years.

What are we trying to save here...the planet's a helluva lot tougher than a technologically dependant society that's forgotten how to create fire with two sticks...or how to live without computing technology. That bothers me.

We cannot "destroy" this planet, or it's environment. Nature will make it right. Who do "we" think we are? Incredibly presumptious...

I couldn't agree more..

We can destroy it in the temporary. The Earth can heal itself of many ailments because it's a constantly moving body that has an atmosphere, water, and oxygen. Those things mean that the Earth will usually fix itself, until those things have been broken. The point is, if we do short term damage, it's still bad for the planet. More animals are dying now than they were at the point when the dinosaurs died out.

Edited by Hit the Lights

I saw a documentary last year about global warming and in a nutshell the idea of "global warming" was to stop 3rd world countries like India and Africa as a whole to develop by limiting their use of fossil energy. I hope someone with better memory than me could provide that link to googlevideos, that was very informative.

And last month i red article which stated that the icecap in north pole is actually growing and hole in ozon layer reduced by 30%...

If somebody who is insider like Gore "turns around and start to care about enviroment" and mainstream media is 100% behind its gotta be something else than truth.

And of coz if debunkers starts to whine etc you GOTTA be right!

Well I'm sure one year of cooling won't affect the doomsday scenario we're spiraling towards. After all, we're only 10 years away from "the tipping point" anyway. Although, we've been "10 years away" since 1989. I cant find any other articles naming the "10 year tipping points" between 2000-2006, but the latest "10 year tipping point" was last year I believe.

Or if you want, we can go back to the 1970's when temperatures had been dropping for 3 decades and scientists were saying "The trend shows no indication of reversing". We all know how that turned out....

The point is, fear-mongering + a poor understanding of how the climate works + complete mainstream media control = paradise for politicians/others wanting to push new laws and make lots and lots of money.

Edited by Wickian

I don't believe anything Alex Jones has to say. He's a far right-wing wacko, in my humble opinion. He thinks 9/11 was an inside job. That Democrats are trying to ruin the country by allowing illegal aliens to stay, et cetera... He's nuts.

The point is, fear-mongering + a poor understanding of how the climate works + complete mainstream media control = paradise for politicians/others wanting to push new laws and make lots and lots of money.

Ah, I believe Wickian, that you have encapsulated the entire thing quite well in this sentence !

:tu:

I don't believe anything Alex Jones has to say. He's a far right-wing wacko, in my humble opinion. He thinks 9/11 was an inside job. That Democrats are trying to ruin the country by allowing illegal aliens to stay, et cetera... He's nuts.

Grr and of course you just had to mention 9/11 and that it WAS'T an inside job..somehow the comment you just posted about Alex Jones certainly doesn't surprise me how you would think this..

I don't get it--how much information do you need to see that it was...

Unbelievable..

Global warming is a hoax to give up more money--and by the way I would like to know where all that money went after that movie was made and the ones after it..I highly doubt to solve more issues this problem has caused..

Wether we are speeding up the process is probably undeniable and wether is going to melt all the icecaps and drown us all or give us another ice age---- Earth will heal itself.

But more taxes for the American people? Give me a break--I'm struggling to put has in my car right now..

Prison Planet, a well respected scientific journal if I ever saw one.

Prison planet and infowars gives us information that is hidden from the mainstream media--thankfully the "government" hasn't taken it away from us YET..

It's written on paper that by 2012 the entire internet will be in their control..

If I can find the link I'll post it

Prison planet and infowars gives us information that is hidden from the mainstream media--thankfully the "government" hasn't taken it away from us YET..

I can't help but notice that everytime there is a claim that some sort of information is being hidden by the Government/Illuminati/reptilians/NWO, it turns out to not be "hidden" information (in fact, it is often pretty old and well-known). Not hidden, but rather not credible.

I can't help but notice that everytime there is a claim that some sort of information is being hidden by the Government/Illuminati/reptilians/NWO, it turns out to not be "hidden" information (in fact, it is often pretty old and well-known). Not hidden, but rather not credible.

I respectively disagree

to each their own