Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Batman 3''s Catwoman

Owlscrying

Angelina Jolie may get a competition for the Catwoman role in "Batman 3" as Cher is reported to be in negotiations for the part.

According to the publication, the 62-year-old Cher has become Nolan's prime choice for the character whose alter ego is known as Selina Kyle. "Cher is Nolan's first choice to play Catwoman. He wants to her to portray her like a vamp in her twilight years," claimed a studio executive. "The new Catwoman will be the absolute opposite of Michelle Pfeiffer and Halle Berry's purring creations."

Though Cher started off her stardom through music business, she is also praised for her acting performances earning her an Academy Award for 1987 "Moonstruck". Her latest feature film credits include 1999 "Tea With Mussolini" in which she played Elsa Morganthal Strauss-Armistan and 2003 "Stuck on You" where she appears as herself.

"Batman 3", the sequel to the record-breaking "The Dark Knight", is said to be temporarily entitled "The Caped Crusade". The filming is scheduled to begin in Vancouver early 2009 and may get Johnny Depp as The Riddler.

go

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Talon

• __Kratos__

• asc.rudeboy

• faraway

hmmm well hmmm

sorry just picturing angalina jolie in a skin tight latex cat suit,,haha niiiiice then cher?? wait what..

i dont know that seems like a stretch but hey so far he has shown to know what he is doing,,somewhere i was holding out hope that batman 4 would bring the joker back and have johnny depp do his magic on the character..

but i guess he can probably be a cool riddler..but im still questioning cher

hmmm well hmmm

sorry just picturing angalina jolie in a skin tight latex cat suit,,haha niiiiice then cher?? wait what..

i dont know that seems like a stretch but hey so far he has shown to know what he is doing,,somewhere i was holding out hope that batman 4 would bring the joker back and have johnny depp do his magic on the character..

but i guess he can probably be a cool riddler..but im still questioning cher

So agree! Joker+Johhny Depp=Awesome I was badly hoping it would be the riddler in the next movie:(

For some reason I dislike catwoman immensley.

BTW,Angelina Jolie? Are they serious? interesting choice there...

Edited by The Wise Raven

Cher is too old and lame to be catwoman. Michelle Pfeiffer has 10 years on her and she's still too old for the part again.

Jolie would be too big of a star for that part, it would take all the attention away from the story and Batman. She's too tall as well.

if they pic AJ or not i would love to see the photo shoot of her in that skin tight suit haha,,,shes just dead *** sexy..but yea i never was a huge fan of the cat women...but i think she can pull it off she has a way of becoming certain characters,,i think my fav-o-rite part she ever played was SWAY from 60 seconds either that or misses smith,,i didnt care for the lora croft movies to much only watched them for the short shorts,,

Couldn't argue with that. :lol:

Not sure how they could add Catwoman into the dark theme of the movies though. I seriously doubt they'll do it.

I think it's just a rumor personally.... I mean Cher doesn't anyone besides me think that this idea is so far out there that it can't be true.

psh, ill still be watchin :P, def see depp bein riddler though, after watchin willy wonka and potc.

psh, ill still be watchin :P, def see depp bein riddler though, after watchin willy wonka and potc.

S'pose any actress is better than katie holmes.

No cher. No AJ.

I dont like either of them very much.

How about the tic tac girl? She's awesome?

Cher? please let this be a red herring. What about Kate Beckinsale (sp?) I can see her in a dual role to tease Bruce and torture Batman

Angelina Jolie... Jeez. If they get her to be in Batman 3, it's gonna suck.

She can kinda act, but frankly. She hasn't got what it takes to be in the awesomeness of this new Batman franchise, and would quite frankly turn Batman 3 into a Spiderman 3. Except more to the crash-to-the-max than Spidy 3.

---

I agree with Havaita. Kate we've all seen how she can pull off PVC ;) .

Can anyone say 'Purrrrr'.

linked-image

linked-image

Edited by Chokmah

"Cher is Nolan's first choice to play Catwoman. He wants to her to portray her like a vamp in her twilight years," "The new Catwoman will be the absolute opposite of Michelle Pfeiffer and Halle Berry's purring creations."

Just what the Batman franchise needs - Catwoman played in the style of an Airhead Cruella Deville! :huh:

Hear that high pitched whining noise?

Its Eartha Kitt reaching 20,000RPM in her grave :lol:

I haaaaaaate angalina jolie, she's one of the most over hyped actresses on the planet. And everyone goes on and on about how attractive she it.... she's not that actractive. A 7 out of 10 at most, cause her lips are far to big.

Now Kate Beckinsale, she's hot.

As for Cher... wtf... I still refuse to beleive she was born a woman.

I haaaaaaate angalina jolie, she's one of the most over hyped actresses on the planet. And everyone goes on and on about how attractive she it.... she's not that actractive. A 7 out of 10 at most, cause her lips are far to big.

Now Kate Beckinsale, she's hot.

As for Cher... wtf... I still refuse to beleive she was born a woman.

Totally agree.

Except for Cher. She can act, except, she's too old now and way to plastic to move her face or even purr. But I hear Animatronics are really top notch these days.

Edited by Chokmah

Cher. She can act, except, she's too old now and way to plastic to move her face or even purr. But I hear Animatronics are really top notch these days.

:lol:

All of this is rediculous Nolan is still on vacation there is no script, no planning done,........there is nothing to cast for as of yet.

This is obvious rumor and fan speculation. "the Caped Crusader" is just a popular fan guess because its another one of Batman's nicknames.

Johnny Depp and Angelina Jolie and everyone rumored are just pure fan peculation that turn into internet rumor that some random website tries to pass off as fact. This crap happens with like every super hero movie ever...

try to remember back after Begins and all the crap everybody made up about who was going to play the Joker and Two Face.

Well when they do make Batman 3, I hoping it doesn't have Catwomen, Penguin, or Mr Freeze. It seems to me that there trying to make it more realistic and not so fantasy like there previous set. All 3 of them characters just seem not very realistic. I wouldn't mine seeing Riddler or even a Poison Ivy both of these characters I could see being more realistic like they made the Joker into.

i think poison ivy would work great,,with todays "GREEN" mentality Ivy would make a great eco xtremest..

I hoping it doesn't have Catwomen, Penguin, or Mr Freeze

Actually catwoman is pretty realistic, she’s just a woman dressed in leather, it was just Batman Returns that gave her the immortality super-power. As for penguin, he was just a fat mob boss in a tux, so he is pretty realistic as both the mob, fat people and tuxes all exist.

i think poison ivy would work great,,with todays "GREEN" mentality Ivy would make a great eco xtremest..

I agree, none of the talking to plants and controlling them. But she’d have to be teamed with Harley Quinn – some of the best batman moments were when those two were acting as a tag-team. In fact Quinn acted as much with Ivy as she did with Joker. Its a piity Ledger's dead, he could have done the Hannible lector thing from silence of the lambs, giving cryptic clues to the police while his insane phycologist runs riot over Gothom City

Actually catwoman is pretty realistic, she’s just a woman dressed in leather, it was just Batman Returns that gave her the immortality super-power. As for penguin, he was just a fat mob boss in a tux, so he is pretty realistic as both the mob, fat people and tuxes all exist.

I agree, none of the talking to plants and controlling them. But she’d have to be teamed with Harley Quinn – some of the best batman moments were when those two were acting as a tag-team. In fact Quinn acted as much with Ivy as she did with Joker. Its a piity Ledger's dead, he could have done the Hannible lector thing from silence of the lambs, giving cryptic clues to the police while his insane phycologist runs riot over Gothom City

Well other then the very original series and maybe the comic books themselfs. She was a dead women dressed in leather. In batman returns and catwomen the movie she got her abilities from cats biting her after she dies. As for the penguin he just wouldnt really fit in to this Gotham since the already had the mob bosses killed off. Also there was a reason they called him penguin and not fatso.

I do agree though its really ashame the Joker will never be the same as Ledger protrayed him. It would be a good movie with them 3 all kickin Batmans ***. LOL

Edited by insanemind

Cher????? :o I somehow have difficulty with such an old Catwoman, no offense to her for her age. But then, I'm not sure I see Angelina Jolie in the part either (though I could imagine her in the part - my problem would be the Star-power overshadowing the movie itself). And while some here have mentioned Kate Beckinsale, we know she can fit into PVC, but can she do a Catwoman??? I'm not sure about that either. I grew up with the original Batman and Batman Returns, and I liked Catwoman (Michelle Pfeiffer was awesome).

My pick for a new Catwoman would possibly be Nicole De Boer. She does PVC as well as any actress I've ever seen. And she has a mean streak (she can be real evil if she needs to be, with just a touch of spice - just what we need in a Catwoman). My only possible contention is that she'd be too diminutive for the role (she's only 5"5' - but then, Jolie's only 5"7', so it's not a great difference, but it might be just a little bit too much difference for cinema).

linked-image

I can't find a full-body image of this picture on google, but she's wearing PVC, and it works ;)

Well other then the very original series and maybe the comic books themselfs. In batman returns and catwomen the movie she got her abilities from cats biting her after she dies.

Yes, but just because those two movies did it doesn't mean the rest of them should. Thats like saying Ridder can't be in the next movie unless he's a crazied stalker of Bruce Wayne and his origin story must be that he killed his boss because the man fired him. Seriously, Batman Returns was not the end all to be all Batman movie, and characters from it who appear in future movies don't need to follow its particular view of the character.

As for the penguin he just wouldnt really fit in to this Gotham since the already had the mob bosses killed off.

Actually it would make perfect sense that a new mon boss would rise to take over.

Also there was a reason they called him penguin and not fatso.

Yeah, cause he wore a tux, collected birds and had a arched nose - none of which would make him an unrealistic villian. It would just mean he was interested in how he looked, liked rare pets, and got bullied at school a lot. Again, just because Batman Returns decided to give him the ability to talk to penguins and give him flippers does not mean other movies have too.

My pick for a new Catwoman would possibly be Nicole De Boer.

I can't see her as catwoman, but certainly she was brilliant as Ezri Dax.