Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Yo, Hiliary supporters! (Die Hards)

InHuman

.. what the problem is?

Because from what I can tell all I see is whining and moaning that ya lost.

Taking it so far that a few of you will vote for the guy who dosn't have your issues on his plate. You'll be happy when he wins? (not that you can do that, lol)...

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BlindMessiah

• CosmicStaR

• MasterPo

• SoulFire

Top Posters In This Topic

.. what the problem is?

Because from what I can tell all I see is whining and moaning that ya lost.

Taking it so far that a few of you will vote for the guy who dosn't have your issues on his plate. You'll be happy when he wins? (not that you can do that, lol)...

You're telling others how to digest sour grapes? Like it's up to you?

I was an Obama supporter from the get-go. I wrote him a letter in 2005 asking him to run for president. But I love Bill Clinton - an idol of mine. I liked his wife, too, but I wanted her to act like more of a lady. I didn't like it when she would act like a man, because it was phony. When I saw her on TV crying when she was speaking to the crowd in New Hampshire, I said to my father (a Hillary supporter), "Now, I don't know who to vote for." I wanted to see an emotion other than anger and grandeur. And I wouldn't have lost a bit of sleep had she won; I would have voted for her in the general.

My favorite Bill Clinton quote, "There is nothing wrong with America that cannot be cured by what is right with America!"

Edited by IrishAidan

I was an Obama supporter from the get-go. I wrote him a letter in 2005 asking him to run for president. But I love Bill Clinton - an idol of mine. I liked his wife, too, but I wanted her to act like more of a lady. I didn't like it when she would act like a man, because it was phony. When I saw her on TV crying when she was speaking to the crowd in New Hampshire, I said to my father (a Hillary supporter), "Now, I don't know who to vote for." I wanted to see an emotion other than anger and grandeur. And I wouldn't have lost a bit of sleep had she won; I would have voted for her in the general.

My favorite Bill Clinton quote, "There is nothing wrong with America that cannot be cured by what is right with America!"

I was/am a Hillary supporter. not to the point however of making a stink about her not being the nominee however. I think she is very much a lady ! more an average woman not some cut out Jackie O. I like that she was tough .

also alot of the supporters of Obama are young. I would hope they have the discipline to make it to the polls to vote. Most Clinton supporters will in fact pull the lever for Obama however.

I think that really the convention means squat . Your preaching to the choir. Where it really matters is in the debates to come !!!! that's what I'm waiting for !!

I was an Obama supporter from the get-go. I wrote him a letter in 2005 asking him to run for president. But I love Bill Clinton - an idol of mine. I liked his wife, too, but I wanted her to act like more of a lady. I didn't like it when she would act like a man, because it was phony.

I really have a problem with what you've written here (though, obviously, you have as much right to your opinion as I have to mine). It seems to me that, given the fact that she is female, she always acts like a woman. She acts like a woman because she IS a woman.

If by "lady" you're referring to the traditional behavior of "well bred" women, I don't think that would translate well into politics. What would ladylike behavior be? Speaking in a quiet soothing voice? Not fighting back when she was trashed by her competition? Crying and giggling? Acting nurturing? Being a model of good manners as the spin machine of her opponents ripped her to shreds? Because politics has been so traditionally male, a lot of the mannerisms that we expect from politicians are masculine. If she came on with a totally different set of mannerisms there'd be so much focus on how she acted that the issues would fade into the background.

I think as more and more women enter the political arena, our idea of how "real" politicians act will become more gender-neutral. Until that time women have to play the game as it exists in the present.

Moving towards gender neutrality will probably be pleasant for a lot of the men too. I suspect that the mud slinging p***ing contests that we have now are over the top for most male candidates too.

A very few female politicians have managed to carry the lady think off-- Ann Richards comes to mind. But it's so hard to pull that off that the demand would cripple most women's ability to express themselves fluently. It would be like asking all men to behave exactly like an arbitrary male politician.

Edited by Siara

Taking it so far that a few of you will vote for the guy who dosn't have your issues on his plate. You'll be happy when he wins?

I think that the move on the part of some Hillary Clinton supporters to vote for McCain, despite the fact that Obama's platform is very similar to Hillary Clinton's points to the fact that we are a nation of idiots who deserve every hardship we must endure because we elect morons due to the fact that we are a bunch of emotional, illogical, and intellectually immature morons ourselves.

Not voting for Obama because you were a hillary supporter is a pretty clear illustration of sexism, IMO. It shows that some HC supporters vote for the person and not the policies, which is exactly why we are so easily hoodwinked and manipulated into the mess we are in today. Saying you were a hillary supporter, so you are going to vote for McCain is like announcing to the world that you are ****ing idiot.

Not voting for Obama because you were a hillary supporter is a pretty clear illustration of sexism, IMO. It shows that some HC supporters vote for the person and not the policies, which is exactly why we are so easily hoodwinked and manipulated into the mess we are in today. Saying you were a hillary supporter, so you are going to vote for McCain is like announcing to the world that you are ****ing idiot.

I agree. They criticize Bush because he's incapable of working with the opposition and then proceed to do exactly the same thing themselves. What a bunch of irresponsible morons.

It does make you wonder why he didn't choose Hillary for VP when most reports I hear say that it would have given him the best chance of winning.

Plus the first possible black president choosing the first possible woman VP would have been a great gesture. ( I'm not counting G. Ferraro because her and Fritz didn't win )

Obama voted for the PATRIOT ACT!

Obama voted for the PATRIOT ACT!

Ya... so'd McCain... like I've said in other topics... we're screwed.

Ya... so'd McCain... like I've said in other topics... we're screwed.

Yeah exactly soo why is this even a debate? they're both against american civil liberty--

Seems most people don't care. I'll probably vote for the Libertarian candidate myself. Although it'll be a waste of a vote for a good many years.

they're both against american civil liberty--

yea, and they both hate freedom and liberty.

Come on, don't be sheep. This isn't as black and gray as that.

yea, and they both hate freedom and liberty.

Come on, don't be sheep. This isn't as black and gray as that.

Supporting the constitution is now labeled as being a sheep? Nice.

No Way, No How, No Obama

Could you expand further?

And I never knew you supported Hiliary!... Congrats?

I can see why some Clinton supporters may support McCain.

Here's a few reasons:

-Only voted for Clinton to see a woman in office

-Agrees with Obama on policies but believes experience is more important than policy

-Believes that Clinton will win in 2012 if McCain wins in 2008

Not supporting any of those reasons. But it isn't fair to make blanket statements as some are doing.

No Way, No How, No Obama

What do you like about McCain- the fact that he's against equal rights for women?

Edited by BlueZone

Can you guys explain something to me?

Hillary said during the campaign that McCain has a long and disinguished career (or something like that) and Obama has a speech that he gave in 2002. Why should you believe her now when she says he supports Obama. Don't you think she might be talking out of the side of her mouth?

Also, Biden said that he would be proud to run against or with McCain, but last night he bashed him.

Seems to me these people will say anything at any given time to get what they want.

I'm sure Republicans have done it too so don't jump on me here.

Hillary said during the campaign that McCain has a long and disinguished career (or something like that) and Obama has a speech that he gave in 2002. Why should you believe her now when she says he supports Obama. Don't you think she might be talking out of the side of her mouth?

Also, Biden said that he would be proud to run against or with McCain, but last night he bashed him.

Seems to me these people will say anything at any given time to get what they want.

I'm sure Republicans have done it too so don't jump on me here.

They're all pawns--wether Obama changes anything will be seen if and when he is President--I highly doubt it--But I am hopeful not naive.

What she said is true--McCain has more experience--Obama has been in the Senate for a couple of years--yet all 3 voted FOR THE PATRIOT ACT__@@!!!!!!!&*&!!!

But I think all this is irrevelant-as for as this election goes--

Since all 3 are puppets--and if Obama isn't then I suppose we'll see if he gets killed or not.

Sure.

She was talking out of the side of her mouth both times. She wanted to win an election so she trashed her opponent. Now she wants her ideals furthered so she supports him.

Biden called him his friend, then he said he strongly disagreed with the direction he wished to go toward.

Ever read a dictionary or thesaurus?

Dictionary: Politician - Someone who will say or do anything at any given time to get what they want.

Thesaurus: Politician - Tyrant, warlord, scumbag, trash

Edited by BlindMessiah

yet all 3 voted FOR THE PATRIOT ACT__@@!!!!!!!&*&!!!

You're kinda a one trick pony.

Since all 3 are puppets--and if Obama isn't then I suppose we'll see if he gets killed or not.

If that happens the resulting civil unrest will make the LA and Crown Heights riots look like a superbowl party.

Hillary said during the campaign that McCain has a long and distinguished career (or something like that) and Obama has a speech that he gave in 2002. Why should you believe her now when she says he supports Obama. Don't you think she might be talking out of the side of her mouth?

I think what she's saying is that Obama is the right man for this particular moment. Saying that McCain's platform isn't the right solution right now doesn't negate the fact that McCain behaved with incredible integrity when he was a POW and afterward. It's possible for a person to not be the right person for the moment but to still be an extremely admirable, decent person.

Anyone who says McCain is less than an admirable human being is out to lunch, but every human has a limited amount to give and right now we need what Barack has to give: vitality and vision of the future. McCain should have been elected instead of Bush. IMHO the Republican party goofed. But what was needed eight years ago isn't necessarily what's needed now. It's a tragedy for McCain, who has a limited number of years left to him, and a sad loss for America. But the world has changed too much for past values to be sufficiently appropriate.