Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Obama Quote on Judges; Scary Views

rideron

I have been an attorney for 25 years,

Until I learned more about him, I was excited by Obama for all the reasons most are; he is at first blush idealistically inspiring.

His idealism, however, now appears sophomoric based on his ideas regarding what he thinks makes for a 'good Federal Judge". Here's a quote from a July 17, 2007 speech to Planned Parenthood:

"We need somebody who's got the heart, the empathy, to recognize what it's like to be a young teenage mom. The empathy to understand what it's like to be poor, or African-American, or gay, or disabled, or old."

Sorry, but thats totally WRONG and COMPETELY antithetical to the whole idea of the RULE OF LAW IN SOCIETY.

Such sensitivities might serve an admirable legislator, but what nothing to do with judging. NO JUDGE should be swayed simply based on whichever party in a controversy stirs his or her empathy and emotion.

The statue of the figure of Justice is shown as being blind and weighing a scale for this very reason. If sympathy is supposed to have any place in a Court, its for the jury, NOT the JUDGE.

For the Presidential Candidate of one of the major political parties to hold this kind of idea is very, very frightening.

Edited by rideron

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dixie-Girl

• BlindMessiah

• Neognosis

• BlueZone

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

..one can sense the sophomoric tension by simply watching Michelle Obama at the convention..

.. she looks extremely frightened ..

I actually agree that the law should be applied free of emotion, but I don't think it's scary at all or in any way revealing that a presidential candidate would say this.

I can add this to the list of things that worry me about the Obamessiah. Sigh.

Relax Dixie, this one is no more or less manufactured and skewed than the ones you cited in your other thread.

Relax Dixie, this one is no more or less manufactured and skewed than the ones you cited in your other thread.

We can all choose to either believe these things or not. What leads me to believe the worst about him are his associations. A hateful preacher and mentor for 20 years, a friend and associate who as of this day is unapolagtic for his terrorist bombings in our country, a wife with a history of angry, anti-American speaches and writings. A man is going to be judged by his associations and I think that's why Obama doesn't have a 15 point lead right now. Just my little opinion.

We can all choose to either believe these things or not.

No, as citizens of a country that gives us the right to vote, we have the responsibility to find out the truth behind the campaign BS, not to continue to wallow in paranoid ignorance.

What friend and associate of Obama's bombed the country? What did Michelle Obama say that is anti-american?

You're piling ignorance upon more ignorance, building one false and biased conclusion upon another, one half truth upon another half truth.

We can all choose to either believe these things or not. What leads me to believe the worst about him are his associations. A hateful preacher and mentor for 20 years, a friend and associate who as of this day is unapolagtic for his terrorist bombings in our country, a wife with a history of angry, anti-American speaches and writings. A man is going to be judged by his associations and I think that's why Obama doesn't have a 15 point lead right now. Just my little opinion.

Yes, you have to wonder about a potential presidents associations. !!!!

post-39751-1219951462_thumb.jpg

post-39751-1219951703_thumb.jpg

post-39751-1219951724_thumb.jpg

Funny.....the hunt for Bin Laden has gone rather quiet lately....hmmmm.

Edited by itsnotoutthere

No, as citizens of a country that gives us the right to vote, we have the responsibility to find out the truth behind the campaign BS, not to continue to wallow in paranoid ignorance.

What friend and associate of Obama's bombed the country? What did Michelle Obama say that is anti-american?

You're piling ignorance upon more ignorance, building one false and biased conclusion upon another, one half truth upon another half truth.

William Aires bombed a New York City police station and our Pentagon in the 60's and on September 11th, 2001 he said that he regretted not doing more. Obama went to Aires' home for advice when he political career was just taking off and Obama has given speeches with and served on a board with this man.

Michelle Obama said in a speech last year "For the first time in my adult life I am proud of my country". She said she was only proud now because her husband was running for president. She also said that "America is a downright mean country." I'd also be interested to read her college thesis. Some say that it is a racially charged and hateful rant. I don't know if that's true, which is why I'd like to read it.

Yes, you have to wonder about a potential presidents associations. !!!!

post-39751-1219951462_thumb.jpg

post-39751-1219951703_thumb.jpg

post-39751-1219951724_thumb.jpg

Funny.....the hunt for Bin Laden has gone rather quiet lately....hmmmm.

I thought liberals were all about being friends with those who want to wipe us out. Those pic should make you smile :). Post a few of Clinton doing the same thing. Let's be fair here.

I thought liberals were all about being friends with those who want to wipe us out. Those pic should make you smile :). Post a few of Clinton doing the same thing. Let's be fair here.

What would be the point? Clinton wasn't the president when a member of the Saudi royal family organized the deaths of 3000 american civilians. Perhaps if he were, they would have expended more effort in catching him.

Edited by itsnotoutthere

William Aires bombed a New York City police station and our Pentagon in the 60's and on September 11th, 2001 he said that he regretted not doing more. Obama went to Aires' home for advice when he political career was just taking off and Obama has given speeches with and served on a board with this man.

Oh for ****'s sake, a 1960's radical? That Obama spoke to for political advice two decades ago? Are you intentionally trying to use the "terrorist" word to make an association with Obama and ME terrorists? I think you are. A member of the Weather Underground. He didn't kill anyone, and he is now a professor at the University of Illinois.

Michelle Obama said in a speech last year "For the first time in my adult life I am proud of my country". She said she was only proud now because her husband was running for president. She also said that "America is a downright mean country." I'd also be interested to read her college thesis. Some say that it is a racially charged and hateful rant. I don't know if that's true, which is why I'd like to read it.

So what? That's not anti-american. That's honesty. So she wasn't proud of america during her adult life until her president ran for president. And America can be downrigh tmean. What's the context? Of both those statements?

You know what, you are too far gone. It won't matter what happens or what's said, you've already drank more than your fair share of Kool Aid. You're biased right off, and you're going to find the worst you possibly can no matter what obama says or does.

thought liberals were all about being friends with those who want to wipe us out

ah, there it is. You aren't a concerned citizen weighing your options and asking quesitons. You're a conservative pretending to do so to advance your ideas. You're the worst kind of citizen, one who embellishes when it suits them and pretends to be asking open minded questions while pushing a conversation of innacurate partial truths designed to paint a further innacurate picture.

Edited by Neognosis

Oh for ****'s sake, a 1960's radical? That Obama spoke to for political advice two decades ago? Are you intentionally trying to use the "terrorist" word to make an association with Obama and ME terrorists? I think you are. A member of the Weather Underground.

So what? That's not anti-american. That's honesty. So she wasn't proud of america during her adult life until her president ran for president. And America can be downrigh tmean. What's the context?

You knwo what, you are too far gone. It won't matter what happens or what's said, you've already drank more than your fair share of Kool Aid. You're biased right off, and you're going to find the worst you possibly can no matter what obama says or does.

ah, there it is. You aren't a concerned citizen weighing your options and asking quesitons. You're a conservative pretending to do so to advance your ideas.

She was reading Sean Hannity's daily talking points. :P

"I would not have nominated Clarence Thomas. I don't think that he was a strong enough jurist or legal thinker at the time for that elevation."

This from a 3 1/2 year Senator, now the Democratic Presidential nominee. Heh!

You knwo what, you are too far gone. It won't matter what happens or what's said, you've already drank more than your fair share of Kool Aid. You're biased right off, and you're going to find the worst you possibly can no matter what obama says or does.

Sounds like she's not the only one. :rolleyes:

I have been an attorney for 25 years,

Until I learned more about him, I was excited by Obama for all the reasons most are; he is at first blush idealistically inspiring.

His idealism, however, now appears sophomoric based on his ideas regarding what he thinks makes for a 'good Federal Judge". Here's a quote from a July 17, 2007 speech to Planned Parenthood:

"We need somebody who's got the heart, the empathy, to recognize what it's like to be a young teenage mom. The empathy to understand what it's like to be poor, or African-American, or gay, or disabled, or old."

Sorry, but thats totally WRONG and COMPETELY antithetical to the whole idea of the RULE OF LAW IN SOCIETY.

Such sensitivities might serve an admirable legislator, but what nothing to do with judging. NO JUDGE should be swayed simply based on whichever party in a controversy stirs his or her empathy and emotion.

The statue of the figure of Justice is shown as being blind and weighing a scale for this very reason. If sympathy is supposed to have any place in a Court, its for the jury, NOT the JUDGE.

For the Presidential Candidate of one of the major political parties to hold this kind of idea is very, very frightening.

This is what's got you "frightened?" Honestly? Jeez, don't leave your house, man, there are far more scary things in this world! :lol: Empathy is a universally important human trait. Period. And empathy, unlike sympathy, is usually not a selective thing. Though sympathy will often choose sides, empathy is something you tend to have for all parties involved. It enhances every judgement we need to make--doesn't necessarily make it easier, not at all, but empathy + years on this earth = wisdom.

Nowhere in this quote does Obama say that judges should be ruled by emotionalism as you here imply (your own fear of emotion showing through?). You, on the other hand, seem to be saying that Judges should be unemotional justice machines. And that's just ugly.

I dont get it, whats the problem?

I think it'd be a great thing if judges could see the full picture. They aren't gonna be swayed by emotions but they ARE going to have a better understanding of the case infront of them.

/f/s/fs

fs

fs

f/sf

s

[mccaingus]

OMGOBAMAISMUSLIMZ!/[/=]

ooops, srry. It blurted..

Oh for ****'s sake, a 1960's radical? That Obama spoke to for political advice two decades ago? Are you intentionally trying to use the "terrorist" word to make an association with Obama and ME terrorists? I think you are. A member of the Weather Underground. He didn't kill anyone, and he is now a professor at the University of Illinois.

So what? That's not anti-american. That's honesty. So she wasn't proud of america during her adult life until her president ran for president. And America can be downrigh tmean. What's the context? Of both those statements?

You know what, you are too far gone. It won't matter what happens or what's said, you've already drank more than your fair share of Kool Aid. You're biased right off, and you're going to find the worst you possibly can no matter what obama says or does.

ah, there it is. You aren't a concerned citizen weighing your options and asking quesitons. You're a conservative pretending to do so to advance your ideas. You're the worst kind of citizen, one who embellishes when it suits them and pretends to be asking open minded questions while pushing a conversation of innacurate partial truths designed to paint a further innacurate picture.

That's ok. You can insult me. It doesn't bother me a bit. I truely do want two sides. It's unfortunate that when I get answers from people who disagree with me, they're sometimes hostile. I don't know why you feel threatened by people with different view points.

Michelle Obama is entitled to say whatever she wants...it just may contribute to her husband loosing the election.

That 60's radical is a violent terrorist who tried to kill people and regrets that he didn't do more damage. Why is Barack Obama friends with this man? Why won't he answer that question? You have a right to not be bothered by that, but I also have a right to be bothered by it.

That 60's radical is a violent terrorist who tried to kill people and regrets that he didn't do more damage. Why is Barack Obama friends with this man? Why won't he answer that question? You have a right to not be bothered by that, but I also have a right to be bothered by it.

So any association suddenly equals friendship and support of all doings?

Whatcha gonna do Whatcha gonna doo when they come for youuuu!!!

"I would not have nominated Clarence Thomas. I don't think that he was a strong enough jurist or legal thinker at the time for that elevation."

This from a 3 1/2 year Senator, now the Democratic Presidential nominee. Heh!

Obama can't even shine the shoes of Clarence Thomas. He's served on the bench for the most part honorably and justly for a long time. 3 1/2 years cannot compare to that! Crazy isn't it?

If I applied for a relatively high positioned government job, I would have my background checked thoroughly before i'd be qualified correct? If I had relationship/affiliated with someone who bombed a government facility and is well known for his domestic terror anti-government ideologies, I would be totally disqualified. So how the heck is Obama qualified to run for high office???

If I applied for a relatively high positioned government job, I would have my background checked thoroughly before i'd be qualified correct? If I had relationship/affiliated with someone who bombed a government facility and is well known for his domestic terror anti-government ideologies, I would be totally disqualified. So how the heck is Obama qualified to run for high office???

that person wasn't a radical when Obama spoke to him. why is that always left out ?