Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Jimmy Carter: Tool

Incorrigible1

Yeah, it would have been preferable to suffer the one million casualties Allied planners estimated, had the planned invasion of Japan occurred.

Wow, such illogical thought is amazing.

Yes, it would have been better for a million soldiers to die than a quarter million innocent civilians.

Wow, such inhumanitarian thought is amazing.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BlindMessiah

• Incorrigible1

• AROCES

• Plainbob13

Yes, it would have been better for a million soldiers to die than a quarter million innocent civilians.

Wow, such inhumanitarian thought is amazing.

A pity you weren't in the US military, say in 1945.

A pity you weren't in the US military, say in 1945.

If I was, I'd be happy to die for the innocent. I'd much rather die than a little girl sitting in her home of Hiroshima. So yes, it is a shame. However it is good to know you wish death upon me.

he's right.

Who's right about what?

Edited by BlindMessiah

During the war he had no constitutional limits due to national emergency.

So he nullified it? Or it was under the constitution?

He was elected four times yes. Yes we are.

So the people decided, right?

Hitler was dead before we dropped the bombs in Japan. Those quarter million innocent lives didn't need to die.

So? Still he was after the bomb. And thousand of Americans need not die anymore before Japan surrenders.

The Japanese Emperor is above all responsible for his people, no one else.

If I was, I'd be happy to die for the innocent. I'd much rather die than a little girl sitting in her home of Hiroshima. So yes, it is a shame. However it is good to know you wish death upon me.

You want to give your life for the people that supports your enemy??? :blink:

He had no limits. You're arguing semantics. As for exactly how I don't know the answer. It doesn't really matter. I'm not claiming he did anything illegal.

Yes... we also decided to put Bush in office twice... we aren't the smartest bunch.

So? Still he was after the bomb. And thousand of Americans need not die anymore before Japan surrenders.

America attempting to build the bomb is relevant to Hitler. The US dropping atomic bombs on Hiroshima and Nagsaki is not relevant.

American soldiers and Japanese soldiers lives are not worth the lives of civilians. Civilians have always been off the table.

The Japanese emperor attacked the US. He attacked Pearl Harbor. He attacked a military base. Fighting an army and fighting a people are two very different things.

You want to give your life for the people that supports your enemy??? :blink:

You can twist my words if you wish. My statement stands for all to see. Anyone can see you are intentially manipulating my statement into something else.

As for your incredibly stupid question... it does not deserve an answer. If you believe that little girls are involved in politics, then you are stupid. If you use this stupid belief to justify murdering them, then you are evil.

The Japanese emperor attacked the US. He attacked Pearl Harbor. He attacked a military base. Fighting an army and fighting a people are two very different things.

Just for kicks, sometime, read Iris Chang's The Rape of Nanking.

http://www.amazon.com/Rape-Nanking-Forgott...2533&sr=1-1

From Amazon: China has endured much hardship in its history, as Iris Chang shows in her ably researched The Rape of Nanking, a book that recounts the horrible events in that eastern Chinese city under Japanese occupation in the late 1930s. Nanking, she writes, served as a kind of laboratory in which Japanese soldiers were taught to slaughter unarmed, unresisting civilians, as they would later do throughout Asia. Likening their victims to insects and animals, the Japanese commanders orchestrated a campaign in which several hundred thousand--no one is sure just how many--Chinese soldiers and noncombatants alike were killed.

again. Japan was about to surrender to the Russians . Truman knew this ( read his diaries.)

again. Japan was about to surrender to the Russians . Truman knew this ( read his diaries.)

We kicked their butt all over the Pacific, we sank the pride of the Japanese Imperial Navy the Battleship Yamato, sank basically all their carriers, and is reaching their mainland and they thought of surrendering to Russia????? :wacko:

You can twist my words if you wish. My statement stands for all to see. Anyone can see you are intentially manipulating my statement into something else.

As for your incredibly stupid question... it does not deserve an answer. If you believe that little girls are involved in politics, then you are stupid. If you use this stupid belief to justify murdering them, then you are evil.

Base on your respond, I can tell you agree that what you said was rediculous. so you just bark and bark.

Just for kicks, sometime, read Iris Chang's The Rape of Nanking.

http://www.amazon.com/Rape-Nanking-Forgott...2533&sr=1-1

From Amazon: China has endured much hardship in its history, as Iris Chang shows in her ably researched The Rape of Nanking, a book that recounts the horrible events in that eastern Chinese city under Japanese occupation in the late 1930s. Nanking, she writes, served as a kind of laboratory in which Japanese soldiers were taught to slaughter unarmed, unresisting civilians, as they would later do throughout Asia. Likening their victims to insects and animals, the Japanese commanders orchestrated a campaign in which several hundred thousand--no one is sure just how many--Chinese soldiers and noncombatants alike were killed.

Of course I'm not condoning that. That's outrageous. This didn't happen to the US though.

Base on your respond, I can tell you agree that what you said was rediculous. so you just bark and bark.

I said I'd rather die than see a little Japanese girl get killed. You said, so you support our enemies.

Your quote:

You want to give your life for the people that supports your enemy???

I said nothing rediculous. Here's some more barking. I'd rather die than see any child murdered. I don't care what country they live in. CHILDREN SHOULD NOT BE MURDERED!

Get over your nationalism and start caring about people damn it!

Edited by BlindMessiah

And again, you're wrong. A country can't surrender to a nation it is not at war with, as was the case between Japan and the USSR before the US dropped the bombs on Japan.

And again, you're wrong. A country can't surrender to a nation it is not at war with, as was the case between Japan and the USSR before the US dropped the bombs on Japan.

I really have no idea on this. I'll wait to see if any source is provided.

Chronology of events at the end of the Pacific War. Source

Certainly looks like they surrendered due to the atomic bombs, which I still am not condoning, but Ripley seems to be way off on this one.

Alright, just saw a bit of Palins speech..

Carter has a point, Mccain IS kinda milking it....

Mccain looks ill..

Edited by acidhead43

seems according to Trumans diary

http://www.doug-long.com/hst.htm

July 1945 - Japan's peace messages

Still, the messages from Togo to Sato, read by the U.S. at the time, clearly indicated that Japan was seeking to end the war:

* July 11: "make clear to Russia... We have no intention of annexing or taking possession of the areas which we have been occupying as a result of the war; we hope to terminate the war".

* July 12: "it is His Majesty's heart's desire to see the swift termination of the war".

* July 13: "I sent Ando, Director of the Bureau of Political Affairs to communicate to the [soviet] Ambassador that His Majesty desired to dispatch Prince Konoye as special envoy, carrying with him the personal letter of His Majesty stating the Imperial wish to end the war" (for above items, see: U.S. Dept. of State, Potsdam 1, pg. 873-879).

* July 18: "Negotiations... necessary... for soliciting Russia's good offices in concluding the war and also in improving the basis for negotiations with England and America." (Magic-Diplomatic Summary, 7/18/45, Records of the National Security Agency, Magic Files, RG 457, Box 18, National Archives).

* July 22: "Special Envoy Konoye's mission will be in obedience to the Imperial Will. He will request assistance in bringing about an end to the war through the good offices of the Soviet Government." The July 21st communication from Togo also noted that a conference between the Emperor's emissary, Prince Konoye, and the Soviet Union, was sought, in preparation for contacting the U.S. and Great Britain (Magic-Diplomatic Summary, 7/22/45, Records of the National Security Agency, Magic Files, RG 457, Box 18, National Archives).

* July 25: "it is impossible to accept unconditional surrender under any circumstances, but we should like to communicate to the other party through appropriate channels that we have no objection to a peace based on the Atlantic Charter." (U.S. Dept. of State, Potsdam 2, pg. 1260 - 1261).

* July 26: Japan's Ambassador to Moscow, Sato, to the Soviet Acting Commissar for Foreign Affairs, Lozovsky: "The aim of the Japanese Government with regard to Prince Konoye's mission is to enlist the good offices of the Soviet Government in order to end the war." (Magic-Diplomatic Summary, 7/26/45, Records of the National Security Agency, Magic Files, RG 457, Box 18, National Archives).

President Truman knew of the messages' content, noting, for instance, in his diary on July 18, "Stalin had told P.M. [Prime Minister Churchill] of telegram from Jap [sic] Emperor asking for peace" (Robert Ferrell, ed., Off the Record - the Private Papers of Harry S. Truman, pg. 53). In passing up this possible opportunity for an earlier and less deadly peace, Truman was not deliberately trying to prolong the war so the atomic bomb could be used on Japan to intimidate the Soviets. Briefly stated, it is likely that Truman believed the use of atomic bombs on Japan was necessary primarily for the reasons he always gave: "We have used it in order to shorten the agony of war, in order to save the lives of thousands and thousands of young Americans" (Public Papers of the Presidents, Harry S. Truman, 1945, pg. 212).

http://www.doug-long.com/hiroshim.htm

seems the surrender the Japanese were offering wasn't the surrender the US wanted -

seems the surrender the Japanese were offering wasn't the surrender the US wanted -

The Allied demand was unconditional surrender. Japan knew this, but stated that unconditional surrender was "impossible to accept under any circumstances". Japan clearly knew how to end the war, but it chose not to. In choosing to continue the war, Japan, by default, accepted all the consequences of that decision.

The Allied demand was unconditional surrender. Japan knew this, but stated that unconditional surrender was "impossible to accept under any circumstances". Japan clearly knew how to end the war, but it chose not to. In choosing to continue the war, Japan, by default, accepted all the consequences of that decision.

the operative word being unconditional. It didn't choose to continue the war.

the operative word being unconditional. It didn't choose to continue the war.

Yes, it did, when it continued to refuse to accept the only path to peace. The only country that could have ended the war was Japan, it chose not to do so.