Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The conspiracy of conspiracy theories

UM-Bot

Image credit: stockxpert
Image credit: stockxpert
MasterPo: It seems today more than ever people are rushing head-long into believing every crazy conspiracy theory that is put forth. The more ridiculous the more it's believed. There are conspiracy theories about 9/11, oil/gas, the "new world order", shadow governments, the often mentioned who shot JFK, and as Hilary Clinton made popular the "vast right-wing" conspiracy just to name a few of the more common and popular ones. Never mind that "vast" or "world wide" and "conspiracy" are oxymoronic concepts. So why? Why do so many otherwise seemingly reasonably intelligent people prefer to believe tightly woven conspiracy theories rather than simple answers?

I believe it is because today, perhaps more than ever, people work so hard and get so little satisfaction they would rather believe in vast secret organizations that control everything than the simple reality that life and the world holds no promises and guarantees nothing. As alarmed as people say they are at the concept of a vast conspiracy controlling the world I believe that at some level they do take comfort in thinking at least someone somewhere is in control. Maybe not controlling things for the better (as the mass of people view it) but still in control.

The alternative is purely random and unrelated events. Or that bad things happen to good people and not everyone is a nice person underneath. People can't handle the "it just is" aspect of life.

This is really no different than hundreds or thousands of years ago. When there was a flood or plague or a famine people searched for answers. They found it in religion believing these bad events were the result of an angry deity who saw all their deep dark sins and was now punishing them for it. They didn't see these things as natural events that were bound to happen sooner or later.

This is no different than today when people lament why someone kills themselves and takes 100 or more people with them. The conspiracy side says it's the result of anger and frustration at the victims, and that government knew it would happen and did nothing about it. In fact, perhaps even encouraged it to advance their own agenda. This as oppose to recognizing that there are evil people in the world who just want to kill. As Michael Cane's character of Alfred in "Dark Knight" said of the Joker, quote "Some men can't be reasoned with, can't be bought. They just want to watch the world burn."

Another example: The once-in-100-years storm come and devastates an area. Rather than say "We knew this would happen someday and simply chose to live here anyway" or "We knew this always a possibility but decided not to spend the money to protect against this rare event" it's easier to blame a secret government plot to purposely inflict casualties on a certain class of people.

In some ways too this is a vote of confidence in the system. That people actually believe that government, organizations, businesses etc. are that well controlled and disciplined to be able to exert such total control without anyone being aware.

Again, I think this goes back to a human need to believe there is a structured reason for events and not just the out come of hundreds of random events.

"Vast conspiracies" require the suspension of logical belief to be effective. Remember Occam's Razor: The simplest answer is usually the correct one. Is it simpler to say that bad events happen sometimes in life? Is it easier to admit there are evil people in the world who just like to hurt others? Or is it easier to believe in vast networks of shadowy organizations that control everything and no one ever spills the beans about it.

Then again, perhaps the conspiracy is just that: making people think there are vast conspiracies out there! When people will suspend their logical thought and believe in anything that's when they are truly easily controlled.
Think about it.

The Po File – As told to MasterPo by MasterPo
http://pofile.blogspot.com

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MasterPo

• SoCrazes

• BlindMessiah

• el midgetron

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It isn't crazy if there is evidence to back it up. Dismissing something because it is a conspiracy theory is absurd. I propose that the great conspiracy theory of all time is that all conspiracy theories are nothing more the theories.

The New World Order theory is true on one level or another. The extent of the conspiracy and the details are unknown and debatable. However, there is sufficient evidence to suggest that men are working behind the scenes to globalize the world. Who they are, how they are doing it, what events they are behind, who they control, and why they are doing it is speculation. Governments have always tried to control the people and now our governments have reached a global level. It isn't crazy, it's inevitable.

Edited by BlindMessiah

Well when your told that planes flying into the twin towers which melted parts of the building resulting in it's fall even though you can clearly see people standing at the impact places. I doesn't seem too hot. When you hear that a third world trade centre building collapsed that you never knew about and wasn't hit by anything. When you read that the pentengons air force defences happened to be doing some sort of training making the pentegon defencless also combined with the fact that the plane flew into a part of the pentagon that was being renovated. Resulting in no kill within the building. When you consider that saddam hussain has been executed while asama bin laden is still out and about. Wasn't it Asama Bin Laden supposedly the one caused this 9/11 attack yet I have heard nothing in the news about him. Last thing I heard was everything about asama bin laden between 9/11 and the Iraq war. Why did the invade Iraq again?? didn't have anything to do with 9/11 anyway. All this gets you thinking. I didn't give a fiddlers **** until things didn't make any sense what so ever.

The amount of cameras in london is stupifiying. the amount of chips in cars is stupifiying. The amount of credit card/debit card systems that have been brought out to pay for petrol, toll booths and other such things is stupifiying. Lisbon Treaty in Europe: everyone has the right to life, nobody should be condemd to the death penalty or executed. A state may make provision in it's law for the death penalty in respect of acts commitied in time of war or iminent threat of war (article two of the protocal 6) European convention of human rights. Another one, Everyone has the right to freedom of expression, this right should include the freedom to hold opinions and recieve and import information and ideas without interference by public authority. the exercise of these freedoms may be subject to such formalities, conditions, restrictions, penalties as perscribed by law. maybe there is no new world order. We do seem to be develpoing towards a tight *** all seeing gvoerment. I'm going to give this tight *** system which we seem to be progressing towards... eeem... how about..... new world order. I thinks it's an orgional name.. i like it.

Is it easier to admit there are evil people in the world who just like to hurt others? Or is it easier to believe in vast networks of shadowy organizations that control everything and no one ever spills the beans about it.

sounds like the same thing to me.

didn't half of those hijackers end up alive!

Occasm razor could be applied to loads of murders but It would be wrong with people trying to be framed any wrongly imprisioned.

The first people to use occasm razor admitted that life could be a lot simpler. Life is overly complicated.

Edited by Mbyte

To be believe that no conspiracies exist would mean that we're living in a fantasy world full of rainbows and bunnies. Look around and you'll see fights, battles, and wars. The human mind is unpredictable as shown to us by the murderers and psychopaths that roam our streets.

However, again not all conspiracies can be true, but when you find interesting evidence to show the contrary to a particular event than it may be to your advantage to know the truth. As they say, "the truth is out there" and the truth will set you free.

Organizations such as the Royal Canadian Mounted Police and the Federal Bureau of Investigation would definitely be more aware of a multitude of conspiracies rather large or small. Conspiracies that may imply simple restaurants, retail outlets, or auto body repair shops that may be owned by large gang related organizations, used by them to create a false impression that they run a legitimate business through and through, but when they look behind the scenes, as the conspirators say--in this case the RCMP or FBI--they'll find the truth. The truth usually being a business for drug-lords to maintain their existence in a civil society.

Watch the video by Annie Leonard. http://www.storyofstuff.com/

She explains an interesting "conspiracy" of how the products we buy works throughout our economy and day-to-day life.

It's true the world is deeper and "complicated" as Mbyte said.

If you think this article was to deny conspiracies or to deny any specific conspiracy then you totally missed the point. The subjects I mentioned were only listed as example of common conspiracy theory/legend. I am not going to debate them (silly as many are).

The point of the article for those who it went over their heads: Bad things happen in life to good people. Events snowball. Things that happen years ago ripple forward into events today. Or sometimes just unrelated events come to unexpected conclusions. It's very easy to Monday morning quarter back events and draw lines between this or that to say people knew and did nothing. Or people made decisions that ultimately enabled the out come. But none of it is true.

People make bad decisions all the time.

People make seemingly innocent decisions today that end up having ground shaking impacts in the future.

Few of these decisions are made in a vaccum.

But that doesn't mean there was a grand plot to make the out come happen.

If you think this article was to deny conspiracies or to deny any specific conspiracy then you totally missed the point. The subjects I mentioned were only listed as example of common conspiracy theory/legend. I am not going to debate them (silly as many are).

The point of the article for those who it went over their heads: Bad things happen in life to good people. Events snowball.

The article neither directly, if not vaguely agrees that conspiracies can occur, so one is lead to believe it generally is an article in denial. It's always nice to hear both sides of an argument in an article.

Things that happen years ago ripple forward into events today. Or sometimes just unrelated events come to unexpected conclusions. It's very easy to Monday morning quarter back events and draw lines between this or that to say people knew and did nothing. Or people made decisions that ultimately enabled the out come. But none of it is true.

I agree, things that occur a long time ago, over a hundreds of years, would unlikely be part of some "master plan". However, I believe it's more of a modern conspiracy, a conspiracy lead by big corporations. Each with their own goal, not necessarily working together. All it really requires is one man or a small group of people with a lot of money to sway the minds of the ignorant. People do crazy things for money and power--that's for sure.

People make bad decisions all the time.

People make seemingly innocent decisions today that end up having ground shaking impacts in the future.

Few of these decisions are made in a vaccum.

But that doesn't mean there was a grand plot to make the out come happen.

There are interesting decisions being made by people in power. Decisions that really do warrant investigation. President Bush has made quite a few, and some people have it go over their heads as well. Is he really holding the strings? By the way he conducts his speeches or chooses his words, he doesn't appear professionally skilled for the job, so I'd say he's merely a puppet. Certain corporations have also made mistakes, but are they connected to one another? We can't say for certain. So we're to remain at a neutral stance neither to agree or disagree but to investigate the truth. It is up to the public to make a decision and quite a few people have.

For some of the extreme conspirators out there:

I currently work for the provincial government in one of the provinces in Canada, and I can say for sure, we're all not part of this "master plan". Most of them are regular people making a living and some of us, if not all of us are truly interested in what's happening to our neighbours to the South. You'd also be surprised at the possible number of individuals who work for the government aware of these "conspiracies". Also the government embodies a large number of departments, each required to uphold and maintain specific projects like energy, housing, and the justice system. I find it interesting.

Edited by Scorpius

Marilyn vos Savant is listed in the "Guinness Book of World Records" as having the "Highest IQ" ever recorded. She writes a column for Parade magazine where she answers questions from people. One person wrote to her and asked why some otherwise intelligent people believe in conspiracy theories. Her answer was that she has tried to use every logical and intelligent arguement to convince them they are wrong, and since she was unable to do that, her ultimate conclusion is that they must be mentally ill. This is the same absurd argument the Soviet Union used to imprison all who opposed them. Do conspiracies exist? Absolutely, the United States became a nation because a relatively small group of men got togather and conspired against the King of England. That just goes to show that not all conspiracies are bad or that the outcome is for control. On the other hand, any intelligent person that chooses to ignore evidence that logic points to a conspiracy does themself a disservice. It also goes to show that even the person with the worlds highest IQ can have their thinking process convoluted. Perhaps she is just mentally ill.

I don't deny that secrets are kept from the masses and plans are made by some to manipulate others. If this qualifies as "conspiracy" then so be it. You and I probably take part - perhaps even start some - in many of these "conspiracies" everyday.

But not everything or even most things bad or unforseen that happens is the result of a conspiracy.

A man stabs another man and it's just muder.

A man drives his car into a crowd of people and it's mass murder.

A man blows up a building and it's a conspiracy.

See the difference?

I don't deny that secrets are kept from the masses and plans are made by some to manipulate others. If this qualifies as "conspiracy" then so be it. You and I probably take part - perhaps even start some - in many of these "conspiracies" everyday.

But not everything or even most things bad or unforseen that happens is the result of a conspiracy.

A man stabs another man and it's just muder.

A man drives his car into a crowd of people and it's mass murder.

A man blows up a building and it's a conspiracy.

See the difference?

Most things that happen in this world are the result of straight forward actions. However, events that control the world and politics, are most likely calculated to some extent. That's the difference. If a man blows up a building and goes to jail, it's just an evil man. If a man blows up a building and it results in twenty some nations invading several countries, a conspiracy is born.

To say conspiracies don't exist is very naive (I'm not asserting that Masterpoo is saying this), conspiracies have always existed and will continue to exist. From two of your neighbors working together behind closed doors to get a stop sign put in on their street to two, or more, corporations secretly sharing a market to the government secretly selling weapons to one country to pay for the invasion of another.

The U.S. government's and corporations' past actions have led to mistrust. Mistrust leads many to inspect situation more. When, after inspection, there exists unknows (just as in science), a theory may be created. This theory is often shared here on UM. The theory is either: validated, debunked, or continues as a theory until some future date.

To put down people for saying that their may be more to this or that as kooks is naive. You don't have to beleive the CT, simply debunk it or "walk away." CTs are just that "Theories" and, just as in science, will remain theories until proven or debunked.

There are billions (maybe trillions) of conspiracy relationships in this world, to say they don't exist is ignorance. To say our government officials don't participate in conspiracies is a double-dose of ignorance. To say that all CTs are a result of weak mind is true ignorance. I don't believe in (est.) 95% of the CTs that I've read; however, I'm not going to disregard any of them without at least a cursory inspection for I generally don't trust our government officials or corporate execs to do the right thing. We must hold our officials (government and corporate) accountable.

Edited by SoCrazes

For some of the extreme conspirators out there:

I currently work for the provincial government in one of the provinces in Canada, and I can say for sure, we're all not part of this "master plan". Most of them are regular people making a living and some of us, if not all of us are truly interested in what's happening to our neighbours to the South. You'd also be surprised at the possible number of individuals who work for the government aware of these "conspiracies". Also the government embodies a large number of departments, each required to uphold and maintain specific projects like energy, housing, and the justice system. I find it interesting.

Most rational conspiracy theorists(oxymoron?), such as myself, aren't stupid enough to believe that people involved in government are involved in a conspiracy. The NWO conspiracy theory, of which parts I subscribe to, is simply saying that our world leaders are being manipulated by a few individuals to bring about a world government.

I have worked in a variety of industries and sizes of business. Even for the government. Never ever even once have I seen an organization that came anywhere near close to being efficient enough to be conspirital (if there is such a word, otherwise I have copyright on it).

Sooner or later someone talks. Happens all the time with secrets. That's why I said "vast" and "world wide" are oxymoronic to be used with "conspiracy".

I don't doubt that they have been conspiracies and maybe some in play now (probably). But there is a fine line between seeing a conspiracy and being neurotic.

I have worked in a variety of industries and sizes of business. Even for the government. Never ever even once have I seen an organization that came anywhere near close to being efficient enough to be conspirital (if there is such a word, otherwise I have copyright on it).

Sooner or later someone talks. Happens all the time with secrets. That's why I said "vast" and "world wide" are oxymoronic to be used with "conspiracy".

I don't doubt that they have been conspiracies and maybe some in play now (probably). But there is a fine line between seeing a conspiracy and being neurotic.

Didn't several presidents "tallk" about some group controlling the US government?

Of course it gets leaked. Which is why there is evidence of the New World Order.

It has been my observation that a good amount of people start to attach an identity with taking a side in situations like conspiracies, as with most emotion-based arguments. Politics, racism, religion, football, UFOs, wine, a person knowing the streets to their particular city and the "right" directions that go along with driving on them...... whatever it is, we like to take a stance as to establish an identity. Just to know something feels good, especially with how ignorant and uneducated most of us are in this country.

I feel the same about the conspiracy topic. If we were to all use the scientific theory to disprove a hypothesis before deciding to agree with it, we would probably be able to have more constructive and less emotional discussions about these topics. I feel as though there are always people lying for their own gains, politically, financially and for just plain ole' power. If there are a few people who are trying to gain the same results and plan it out through their channels of deception, a conspiracy is born. How many of these specific situations are guaranteed to be conspiracies, well, we'd have to go into detail with each of them, but don't kid yourself, they're out there. And, we're believing a few of these deceptions without even knowing it. It is just statistically probable.

As to things like 9/11 and other topics like this.... well, whether the buildings were dropped by planted demolition explosives or planes without windows and explosive devices attached to the undercarriage, there's one thing i do know: our president bait-and-switched us like suckers. That's not a conspiracy. That's just the typical American not paying enough attention to its country's headlines, and also a lack of simple, elementary deductive reasoning. In grammar, middle and even high school we quite often learn about memorization, but rarely about using reason and analyzing content. I am as guilty of it as the next person, and I had to teach myself not to be so mentally lazy. And still can't spell my way out of a paper bag! I personally think 9/11 was a conspiracy. But the difference is, I don't KNOW if it is, I just THINK it is. When I can PROVE IT, I'll let you know.

;)

It has been my observation that a good amount of people start to attach an identity with taking a side in situations like conspiracies, as with most emotion-based arguments. Politics, racism, religion, football, UFOs, wine, a person knowing the streets to their particular city and the "right" directions that go along with driving on them...... whatever it is, we like to take a stance as to establish an identity. Just to know something feels good, especially with how ignorant and uneducated most of us are in this country.

I feel the same about the conspiracy topic. If we were to all use the scientific theory to disprove a hypothesis before deciding to agree with it, we would probably be able to have more constructive and less emotional discussions about these topics. I feel as though there are always people lying for their own gains, politically, financially and for just plain ole' power. If there are a few people who are trying to gain the same results and plan it out through their channels of deception, a conspiracy is born. How many of these specific situations are guaranteed to be conspiracies, well, we'd have to go into detail with each of them, but don't kid yourself, they're out there. And, we're believing a few of these deceptions without even knowing it. It is just statistically probable.

As to things like 9/11 and other topics like this.... well, whether the buildings were dropped by planted demolition explosives or planes without windows and explosive devices attached to the undercarriage, there's one thing i do know: our president bait-and-switched us like suckers. That's not a conspiracy. That's just the typical American not paying enough attention to its country's headlines, and also a lack of simple, elementary deductive reasoning. In grammar, middle and even high school we quite often learn about memorization, but rarely about using reason and analyzing content. I am as guilty of it as the next person, and I had to teach myself not to be so mentally lazy. And still can't spell my way out of a paper bag! I personally think 9/11 was a conspiracy. But the difference is, I don't KNOW if it is, I just THINK it is. When I can PROVE IT, I'll let you know.

;)

I'm all for an emotionless constructive debate. The problem is "conspiracies" are immediately discarded by the public. Like you, I don't know if the NWO is real. I think it is abundently obvious that someone wants this world to globalize, but I don't know the details. I can't prove it. I do have a problem when my intellect is insulted because I hold this belief.

Question of conpiracies - If there are no vast global conspiracies, then why do many world leaders meet each other in secret? For a conspiracy to exist, secrets must occur. Why do many of our past presidents have connections to "secret" societies?

Question of "globalness" - If there aren't plans for a one-world government, then why is there an increasing amount of consolidation of world governments (EU, NAFTA, SPP, CAFTA, etc.) and an increase of power in "global institutions (U.N., world court, etc.) while at the same time many nations are foregoing their national sovereignty for the sake of trade.

Are we kooks to believe these are not just coincidences and that there is something behind the NWO theory?

I've worked for the government, was a soldier in the military, owned several businesses, and worked for an array of corporate types. In each and everyone of these there were conspiracies ongoing. Not the type that is discussed here; however, it is easy to see how high-level-global conspiracies could exist after seeing low level conspiracies.

I'm all for an emotionless constructive debate. The problem is "conspiracies" are immediately discarded by the public. Like you, I don't know if the NWO is real. I think it is abundently obvious that someone wants this world to globalize, but I don't know the details. I can't prove it. I do have a problem when my intellect is insulted because I hold this belief.

I agree with you BlindMessiah.

Are we kooks to believe these are not just coincidences and that there is something behind the NWO theory?

Most are.

I wasn't jabbing at you, I hope you didn't get that impression. You know, I also hold that belief about the NWO, as well as many other thoeries I have about this country/world's leadership. Unfortunately what frustrates me is all of the diluted propaganda we have to sift through to find out the real truth. Intellect CAN get us through the rubbish we have to climb our way through when it comes to the major news channels and publications and all of the horse **** that they sell to the common person. Hence, us being on this site. It's a nice place to get a better perspective. Again, it is frustrating when I believe something, yet just cannot prove it or do a lot about it. Well, I can obviously do something, but just not immediately change it.

I wasn't jabbing at you, I hope you didn't get that impression.

Not at all.

You know, I also hold that belief about the NWO, as well as many other thoeries I have about this country/world's leadership. Unfortunately what frustrates me is all of the diluted propaganda we have to sift through to find out the real truth. Intellect CAN get us through the rubbish we have to climb our way through when it comes to the major news channels and publications and all of the horse **** that they sell to the common person. Hence, us being on this site. It's a nice place to get a better perspective. Again, it is frustrating when I believe something, yet just cannot prove it or do a lot about it. Well, I can obviously do something, but just not immediately change it.

I think the main problems why the NWO is ignored and mocked are these: the media says it isn't real, the government says it isn't real, the general public listens to these outlets, and most of the supporters of conspiracy theories are crazy and stupid. The NWO theory is tainted by ramblings about planet X, 2012, religious prophecies, and reptilian BS.

Not at all.

I think the main problems why the NWO is ignored and mocked are these: the media says it isn't real, the government says it isn't real, the general public listens to these outlets, and most of the supporters of conspiracy theories are crazy and stupid. The NWO theory is tainted by ramblings about planet X, 2012, religious prophecies, and reptilian BS.

Bravo!!! I concur.

This is one of the reasons I so enjoyed reading "The Money Matrix of the New World Order". The author went into detail using proof from the Treasury and Federal Reserve, logic, math, science, history, religion, life experiences and a dash of dark humor on money, credit and currency to reveal the sterling truth about the cashless society and the fact that the money matrix has us all. When the proof is from irrefutable sources (which are provided in the bibliography) so I can go, read for myself, and make up my own mind, and find it to be true, it is no longer a theory in my mind! But if we are like the inquisitor that refused to look in Galileo's telescope because he already made his mind up as to what he would not allow himself to see, we become part of the problem or part of a cover-up. The proof is out there if you know where to look and are not afraid to look.

Whether or not a person believes in conspiracy theories, I do think that it is obvious that there is something wrong in the world. Perhaps that is why there are so many conspiracy theories out there today; we all feel this wrongness and are trying to explain it.

Whether or not a person believes in conspiracy theories, I do think that it is obvious that there is something wrong in the world. Perhaps that is why there are so many conspiracy theories out there today; we all feel this wrongness and are trying to explain it.

Or instead of taking the blame that we the people let the world come to this, we rather come up with a theory that there is some evil agenda by a bunch of evil men to take over the world. Its funny how nobody knows the true reason or the true desire of these men but yet there labeled evil. Would you really be willing to give up the current system for something that would completely change the way the world works be it for the worse or the better? Fear is a powerful thing.