Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Lycans

deadtotheworld

Sorry to disappoint you, but we don't have any werewolves here in Washington State. Only Sasquatches, damn shame :no:

Sorry to disappoint you, but we don't have any werewolves here in Washington State. Only Sasquatches, damn shame :no:

Maybe he meant D.C.? Plenty of blood suckers and ghouls there, to be sure.

Maybe he meant D.C.? Plenty of blood suckers and ghouls there, to be sure.

And zombies. Lots and lots of zombies.

Nibs

And zombies. Lots and lots of zombies.

Nibs

Whaddaya say we split the difference and just say that city is full of the soulless?

Makes me think about ancient Norse Man, who some had the hability to ge ''berserk''. I woinder if old Story of lycanthropy can be related to that.And i heard about a possible virus called Lyc.V that could be responsible for ''lycanthropy''.

Ah yes the Berskin, or Beserker. A group of Nordic warriors who would indulge in fly agaric before battle, while wearing a bear skin believeing that the combination would imbue them with the spirit of the bear. You also had a caste called the Ulfhednar who were similar only they wore... you guessed it... wolf pelts.

It's a fairly standard practice in our ancient cultures, having totem sacred animals. It was said the Picts venerated animals like the wolf and would tattoo effigies of them onto their skin. And then take to battle naked believing the ink totems would protect them (although not all Picts did battle naked... and there is a very good reason for doing this too! If you were wounded while wearing clothes, a piece could get pushed into the wound causing it to become infected).

I've have never seen the movie "Underworld" and I can honestly say I don't know much about werewolves eccept that I liked to read scary stories about them when I was young.

I agree with what you are saying but if I may say: The English language changes all the time and more and more new words are entered into the dictionary. New words usually are created by the "youth" of most cultures. If the word is used often and sticks around long enough, it will become a part of our language. The term "hobbit " is now in the dictionary. Never used to be. It was also a fictitious creature, not a legend. (I know, not the perfect example). Or, are Lycans and werewolves as different as hobbits and dwarfs (which are both little people)?

Like I said, I've never seen the movie. Maybe there is something I've missed in these discussions. Are the Lycan and werewolf both man/wolf? Or are they different? If these two words describe the same creature, couldn't the term "Lycan" become a new term for werewolf in our language and possibly make it to our dictionaries?

Please don't attack me. It's just that I'm very curious about this discussion. I'm older than most of you here and I know that werewolves and vampires are popular right now, and I like to read what the young have to say about it. Are werewolves different from when I was young?

Now Hobbits I know about!

Read LOTR 5 times. Saw the movie more than that. The book has been my fave since the 70s when I first read it..

What dictionary is the Hobbit in? And, it may also be in reference to homo floresiensis. But yes, the hobbit and lotr are incredible.

just got done reading the thread in it's entirety. thanks a lot guys! i don't think i've ever laughed so hard in my life!

• 2 weeks later...

I already mentioned that I'm a lycan, right?

I actually ate Osama Bin Ladin, but Obama took credit, refusing to release pics of the body and supposedly having Ladin "buried at sea".

They don't want to know where Osama really is...

In my belly.

• 3 months later...

I remember watching an episode of X-Files when I was like 10 or 11 about werewolves with my mom and dad and when I asked my dad if they were real he said "Yes".. My mum was furious cause I couldn't sleep for a few nights after that and it took me something like a week to stop sleeping with my lamp light on :)

i think i might be a lycan, cause i can usually smell and hear things before other people can (like, not like 20 minutes before, more like 5 seconds.) And i get real crazy during a full moon. Like i feel as if i could run around really fast and stuff like forever. And i absolutely LOVE meat. Especially red meat, like beef. And even the thought of just eating vegtables makes me cringe. And also i do seem to go more on a animalistic instincct than other people. Like this kid at school tried punching me, so instead of punching him back, without really stopping to think, i lunged forward and bit him. I mean, thats kind of weird, right? Most people just flail their fists around or kick.

Edited by Arawyn

i think i might be a lycan, cause i can usually smell and hear things before other people can (like, not like 20 minutes before, more like 5 seconds.)

Wait..so you claim you can smell and hear thing only FIVE seconds before anyone else can? Big deal! Just means your hearing and sense of smell is a tad sharper.

And i get real crazy during a full moon. Like i feel as if i could run around really fast and stuff like forever.

As for the full moon, your increased activity could merely be psychological. Some people claim to feel weird during a full moon like having a hard time sleeping or something. Happens to me too but that doesn't mean I am a wolf.

And i absolutely LOVE meat. Especially red meat, like beef. And even the thought of just eating vegtables makes me cringe.

ME too however the craving was far more intense when I was a kid; I think it had to do with a deficiency in certain vitamins and proteins. I still like meat and still prefer the taste of rare or raw meat. It does not mean anything unusual though.

And also i do seem to go more on a animalistic instinct than other people. Like this kid at school tried punching me, so instead of punching him back, without really stopping to think, i lunged forward and bit him. I mean, that's kind of weird, right? Most people just flail their fists around or kick.

Well..this may warrant some serious help. Biting people in a rage doesn't mean you are a wolf..it means you let yourself lose control of your actions.

Pretending you are something you are not is fun and all but reality should ultimately take the drivers seat so you can differentiate between your personal fantasies and reality.

I knew a guy who in his heart believed he was an real born vampire.

Not only that, but gees, he was state of the art vamp as well. In his words - I am a true Alpha Male, only about 5 of us exists and none of us can stand the other. Thats because we are so strong and due to our nature, we control the rest.

Yes, he also stated he knew other vampires as well, for a funny reason usually young girls who sometimes happen to be goth .. And very cute. And ofc, his plan for the world of his was to gather all vampires he accepted and starting having a clan and hide somewhere. He, as Über-vampire, ofc, cant work for the normal daily living things, but thats something the others do gladly to make him happy .. Cant tell how often this guy talked about how "normal" he has to be, for "our sake", for we would not be able to understand his true and full powers. Once I dared to ask him if flying was one of those powers of him and he actually answerd very seriously that it could be ..... If he wanted it to be, ofc.

There is more to tell, but I leave it with this ...

My point is ..

If you are somthing different from the general population, that is fine by me. Everyone should be able to be what they want to be and feel what they want to be. If it is now being a Lycan, Vampire or just being gay and wanting to marry your partner. All is fine.

The thing were I just dont get it that sooner or later some have to make some wierd statement with no reason at all and that makes me more then suspicious about it. I dont want any picture of you nor any other proof there could be, because there is none.

We are all humans and some have different forms and shapes and colors. Not only on the outside, but inside as well. But it is not needed for anyone who is strong in their own life and believe of what they are and feel as, that they have to anomynous declare them whatever they choosed to be.

There are "normal" peole out there who are effected more by the full moon then you guys are, but does that make them disfuntional lycans? No. Just people with an unbalanced body being too receptive to the effects of the full moon. But they are still normal people.

you statement, your post .. Why? You jsut put it out there and why? You dont even give any reason nor more information about you and the ones like you. You do not even want "us" to understand you more or less even.

The only reason why you started this thread is, in my own humble opinioin, you wanted attention. Even online attention can be soothing for some and it is not wrong, but with your thread .. All you do is making Lycans and others who are different inside then others .. looks like idiots. Meaning, you are pretending. Someone who really is what you say you are.. They know and think about consequenses before they act.

[quote name='Ryu' timestamp='1313712593' post='4026165'

Well..this may warrant some serious help. Biting people in a rage doesn't mean you are a wolf..it means you let yourself lose control of your actions.

Pretending you are something you are not is fun and all but reality should ultimately take the drivers seat so you can differentiate between your personal fantasies and reality.

Yeah, i already know i need "help" for a long tijme lol.

So I'm not here to bash anybodies beliefs, but I do have something to say about this & please don't be offended by my opinion. Again this is only my opinion. Similar to maruben I knew an individual who truly believed he was a vampire & a werewolf. He also believed he was Adam (as in Adam & Eve) & Mozart. He also believed a girl my wife knew was Constanze Mozart, Mozart's wife. She was no Constanze, she horrible waste of life & won't say that about many people. He was definitely no Mozart, he made a few CD's that no one wanted & they absolutely horrid. Imagine 80's mixed with an Emo/Goth swing & the only instrument played was a keyboard (not that there is anything is wrong with a keyboard). Now all this doesn't necessarily constitute mental illness, after all I'm no professional, until you met his siblings... His younger sister went mute after her love was rejected by an individual that never knew she existed. When she did finally speak again after 2 years of being mute it was only for a week & it was only to say that another woman was a witch & a demon trying to steal her soul. The accused "Witch" was a woman who had a similar story to her own & after conquering her own "demons" with help from others & only wanted to help her defeat her "demons". After that week of speech she went mute again & as far as I know, still is to this day(6 years later). Now for the last sibling, the eldest sister. She was the normal of the 3, she wasn't as "ill" as the other 2, because she found peace & solace within crack & meth, and she is still an addict. Once you put the 3 together it screams genetically inherited mental illness. Now to the point. I only post this out of legit concern for another human being & if you truly believe you are Lycans or Werewolves or even vampires, please seek out the people you trust, love & hold dearest to your hearts & tell them your story. Then allow them to witness these moments of Lycanthropy or transmutation & allow them to decide whether or not they believe are legit or something more "human". Then decide what to from there.

• 4 months later...

If someone wanted to become a lycan how would they go about doing it? Or is it even possible for a human to become one? Ive heard about several ways people can become one but I wanted to hear the story from a real lycan.

I am just going to state, that not everyone who believes they are a vampire or lycan have to have a mental illness. I will also state that yes some beings who believe they are can have bipolar, modes of depression, psychosis/neroticism, some forms of shizophrenia and so forth. Just because someone beleives they are something does not make them dangerous or crazy, merely one does not accept their opinion. And also it depends on the definition the being defines themselves by, if someone is claiming to be say a lycan in spirit but can't actually grow 10 inch claws and realizes that. So I believe before people get crazy, they should ask the being what they think x term is and what it means to them. Communication is key. I know that beings will never see eye to eye, but as long as they aren't out to hurt you or themselves, I don't see what some simple questioning of anothers belief's can be so crazy.

If someone wanted to become a lycan how would they go about doing it? Or is it even possible for a human to become one? Ive heard about several ways people can become one but I wanted to hear the story from a real lycan.

Well traditionally one needs to be bitten but not killed in order to be changed over. Of course these are any stories since lycans don't actually exist.

OOOK

Lycanorvamp no more talking about me on stuff!

And to confused people i am the pagan friend...blah blah blah now i need to wait for the comments to attack me O_O

OOOK

Lycanorvamp no more talking about me on stuff!

And to confused people i am the pagan friend...blah blah blah now i need to wait for the comments to attack me O_O

oh and no i dont think i am a vamp,i just happen to love them very much

I am just going to state, that not everyone who believes they are a vampire or lycan have to have a mental illness. I will also state that yes some beings who believe they are can have bipolar, modes of depression, psychosis/neroticism, some forms of shizophrenia and so forth. Just because someone beleives they are something does not make them dangerous or crazy, merely one does not accept their opinion. And also it depends on the definition the being defines themselves by, if someone is claiming to be say a lycan in spirit but can't actually grow 10 inch claws and realizes that. So I believe before people get crazy, they should ask the being what they think x term is and what it means to them. Communication is key. I know that beings will never see eye to eye, but as long as they aren't out to hurt you or themselves, I don't see what some simple questioning of anothers belief's can be so crazy.

It makes them delusional.

Delusion

1: the act of deluding : the state of being deluded

2a : something that is falsely or delusively believed or propagatedb : a persistent false psychotic belief regarding the self or persons or objects outside the self that is maintained despite indisputable evidence to the contrary; also : the abnormal state marked by such beliefshttp://www.merriam-w...ionary/delusion

And from wiki...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delusion

A delusion is a false belief held with absolute conviction despite superior evidence.[1] Unlike hallucinations, delusions are always pathological (the result of an illness or illness process).[1]As a pathology, it is distinct from a belief based on false or incomplete information, dogma, poormemory, illusion, or other effects of perception.

Delusions typically occur in the context of neurological or mental illness, although they are not tied to any particular disease and have been found to occur in the context of many pathological states (both physical and mental). However, they are of particular diagnostic importance in psychotic disorders including schizophrenia, paraphrenia, manic episodes of bipolar disorder, and psychotic depression.

Edited by Imaginarynumber1

I have to disagree. I agree with the MOST of the definition of delusion. I do not agree that you can call each being delusional. For example you cannot physically show where God is in a church, there is no physical proof of that, and if you have read the bible tons of stories in it which people believe. Does that make every religious person delusional? Surely most beings or I believe that most beings don't go around calling every single religious being delusional and under the defintion you gave me a pathological illness. Thus stating that religion is an illness. You can see where this logic may not hold up. Includes money, "under god we trust" and how we use money as it is a trust based system in which in reality you cannot hold trust physically. The paper is only a means to an ends at best. That being said..whose really delusional :P

But yes I see where you are trying to go with this, and I am showing you why I partially disagree. Does what I wrote make sense? In a non sarcastic way I am making sure how I am explaining my side is clear. Thanks

IDoes that make every religious person delusional?

By definition; Yes.

Thus stating that religion is an illness.

Correct.

I love this thread.

Lycans do not and have not ever existed, its the fictional name given to werewolves derived and shortened from greek and other terminology.

Part 4 of the underworld series is due out soon, so no doubt a resurection of people believing their lycans.

If thats the case then Im an autobot.