Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Lycans

deadtotheworld

Seriously dude? This still bothers you that much? :wacko:

Okay. You go ahead and fanboy your hairy werewolves all you want.

I've got better things to concentrate on. :tu::w00t:

2006_underworld_evolution_001-200x300_zps028c7227.jpg

People spreading inaccurate information bothers me yes. You're wrong and can't handle it so you turn to insults. That's bad form. :td:

Edit to add that Kate Beckinsale is smokin'.

Edited by Papagiorgio

Has the kid that made the claim even posted since?

People spreading inaccurate information bothers me yes. You're wrong and can't handle it so you turn to insults. That's bad form. :td:

I explained to you that the term Lycan was "in use" (your words) in my first post. Myself and several writers I know were using that term before the first Underworld movie came out. And even if I were the first person to use that term (I wasn't), it still would mean that it was "in use" (perhaps not in common vernacular, but it was getting there).

You, on the other hand, chose to ignore what I wrote and stuck with your movie theory. What else was left but to poke a little fun?

I'll tell you what: Let's just agree to disagree.

Edit to add that Kate Beckinsale is smokin'.

Now this I absolutely agree with... :tu:

...even though my girl friend will probably kill me for saying so. :unsure2:

• Like 1

I explained to you that the term Lycan was "in use" (your words) in my first post. Myself and several writers I know were using that term before the first Underworld movie came out. And even if I were the first person to use that term (I wasn't), it still would mean that it was "in use" (perhaps not in common vernacular, but it was getting there).

You, on the other hand, chose to ignore what I wrote and stuck with your movie theory. What else was left but to poke a little fun?

I'll tell you what: Let's just agree to disagree.

LOL! Only if she sees the post! :lol:

Edited by Lava_Lady
  • Like 2

The words lycanthrope/lycanthropy predate Underworld. The term Lycan does not.

It seems natural that the term "Lycan" would be used synonymously with both "lycanthrope/lycanthropy" as it's just the same term shortened. Why wouldn't people shorten the word? All cultures all over the world do it with their language.

Oh, btw... to theSOURCE - she saw!! :P

• Like 1

I won't tell her if you don't. :tu:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I knew it! My friends think I'm crazy for beliving this stuff, but one of my closest friends, who is like a sister, also belives it too. Apparently her family line came from wicca's ^-^ meh, anyways thanks for posting this I would really like to know more.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't buy into it mate, this was just another person wanting to feel special.

The full moon doesnt have an effect on people, aside from making it easier to see at night I guess.

• 2 weeks later...

QUOTE (Darcy Blake @ Aug 30 2008, 11:16 PM)

The term "Lycan" doesn't come from the film Underworld. The term had been used centuries before the release of the film.

Can you show me where, because the only use of the word I can find is in reference to the film and a Jedi from the Star Wars expanded universe?

Deadtotheworld: I am aware of the origins of "Lycan" from Lycanthropy thanks.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lycan,_Colorado

check this link out.

also, I have been a fan of Fantasy movies/books and the paranormal all of my life remembered life, and I'm pretty sure that underworld wasn't the first time I had heard the term Lycan.

I knew it! My friends think I'm crazy for beliving this stuff, but one of my closest friends, who is like a sister, also belives it too. Apparently her family line came from wicca's ^-^ meh, anyways thanks for posting this I would really like to know more.

Wiccas? :unsure2:

• 4 months later...

@deadtotheworld, Thank you for your post about being a Lycan. It has given me more information that I need and knowledge. But I have a few questions like,

You said you were 14 when you first realized it right? Well did you did/do you ever have these strange dreams about being a wolf?

How did you meet other Lycans like you?

Do you ever get any urges to run outside?

Do you get angry easily for no reason?

Hello there FlowersForTheDead. Welcome to UM.

deadtotheworld hasn't been active on this site since Mar 13 2012. Under the circumstances there's little point in keeping this thread open.

*Closed*