Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Lycans

deadtotheworld

Maybe you see no reason to seek medical help, but perhaps other people do. Have you talked to any adults about this?

plenty. Even a theripast or two, though theres always the 'Customer Confidentiality; thing. I mainly did when I first realized what was going on, and none of them felt that it was anything that I should seek help about.

Lol, no problem. I understand concerns, especially with all the hype out there about monsters. Honestly, I think all these legends were mutated by people in order to make the real world seem less scary than it is. I even talked to someone who claimed to be a vampire online once, and she didn't seem so bad, regardless of all the stories of how our races are supposed to hate each other.

I want to let you guys know that the word lycan did in fact come from the film underworld. I already made an extensive post in one of the other many Lycan/Werwolf threads. For the sake of convenience I'll repost it here.

Original Greek - lukanthropos

Modified Greek - Lycanthropus

Modern English - Lycanthrope

--Lukos-- from "Wolf"

--Anthropos-- From "Man"

So then in order to be correct lycanthrope would break into --Lyc-- and --anthrope--

"Lyc" being a heavily modified "lukos" for wolf

"Anthrope" being a slightly modified "anthropos" for human

From this we can conclude that the term "Lycan" is ment to be a shorter version of the original...but none the less who ever coined this term was some what un-educated and many in the under ground sub-culter welcome this term and confidently claim it translates to the greek wolf. But it does not. As the "an" in the term "lycan" is actually snipped from the beggining of the greek word man. Which would make this an incorrect term also making the majority of the "lycan" sub-culture look like fools (sorry if I'm too blunt)

{{Trying to simplify it more}}

Wolf---------man

Luk----------anthropos

lyc-----------anthropus

Lukos------Anthropos

So then by logic "Lycanthrope" would correctly break into

Lyc--------anthrope

Yet I don't see any "werewolves" walking around calling themselves lycs. If you're gonna decide to join a sub-culture (or somehow become a werewolf)

than you should at least do some research on your OWN FRIGGIN NAME! It dissapointing if a race can't even correctly identify it's own name. All you guys ever say is "Oh, well teh t3rm Lycan (wihch is wut I is btw) is gr33k 4 the wurd wulf!! That maeks me raelz!!!" Now I may be over generalizing but thats at least 95 percent of the Lycans on the internet. If youre gonna be committed to what ever this is "fantasy" or "lifestyle" at leaast get it right. The fact is before the 2003 release of underworld the term Lycan was not known to be used on any sites or forums on the interweb. And as I stated the term isn't even correct in the way it has been shortened.

Have a Great Life!

Edited by paranormalguy
  • Like 1

I want to let you guys know that the word lycan did in fact come from the film underworld. I already made an extensive post in one of the other many Lycan/Werwolf threads. For the sake of convenience I'll repost it here.

--Lukos-- from "Wolf"

--Anthropos-- From "Man"

So then in order to be correct lycanthrope would break into --Lyc-- and --anthrope--

From this we can conclude that the term "Lycan" is ment to be a shorter version of the original...but none the less who ever coined this term was some what un-educated and many in the under ground sub-culter welcome this term and confidently claim it translates to the greek wolf. But it does not. As the "an" in the term "lycan" is actually snipped from the beggining of the greek word man. Which would make this an incorrect term also making the majority of the "lycan" sub-culture look like fools (sorry if I'm too blunt)

Wolf---------man

Luk----------anthropos

lyc-----------anthropus

Lukos------Anthropos

Lyc--------anthrope

Yet I don't see any "werewolves" walking around calling themselves lycs. If you're gonna decide to join a sub-culture (or somehow become a werewolf)

than you should at least do some research on your OWN FRIGGIN NAME! It dissapointing if a race can't even correctly identify it's own name. All you guys ever say is "Oh, well teh t3rm Lycan (wihch is wut I is btw) is gr33k 4 the wurd wulf!! That maeks me raelz!!!" Now I may be over generalizing but thats at least 95 percent of the Lycans on the internet. If youre gonna be committed to what ever this is "fantasy" or "lifestyle" at leaast get it right. The fact is before the 2003 release of underworld the term Lycan was not known to be used on any sites or forums on the interweb. And as I stated the term isn't even correct in the way it has been shortened.

Have a Great Life!

Great post!

--Lukos-- from "Wolf"

--Anthropos-- From "Man"

Wolf---------man

Luk----------anthropos

lyc-----------anthropus

Lukos------Anthropos

Lyc--------anthrope

Have a Great Life!

LMAO! :w00t::tu:

"Great post!"

"LMAO!"

;) Thanks guys, I just find it amazing how ignorant and uneducated some people are. Even those who welcome this "race" as their own. So understand, I'm not in any way saying that werewolves and the like aren't real. But the fact is all these 10,11,12,13 year old idiots running around the internet making foolish claims that they can't back up, and accepting a name that isn't even grammatically correct for christ-sake. It's sickening that it has come to this. I'm not a close minded stubborn skeptic or anything, and I don't go out looking for fights. But I just can't stand it when stuff like this happens on the internet, I like to think what I do is kind of a form of justice. I just can't sit around while threads like these get put on these boards, dirtying 'em all up. I can't believe that people still take some of these seriously and post. I just do so in order to try and stop this foolishness!

Have a Great Life!

Edited by paranormalguy

"Great post!"

"LMAO!"

;) Thanks guys, I just find it amazing how ignorant and uneducated some people are. Even those who welcome this "race" as their own. So understand, I'm not in any way saying that werewolves and the like aren't real. But the fact is all these 10,11,12,13 year old idiots running around the internet making foolish claims that they can't back up, and accepting a name that isn't even grammatically correct for christ-sake. It's sickening that it has come to this. I'm not a close minded stubborn skeptic or anything, and I don't go out looking for fights. But I just can't stand it when stuff like this happens on the internet, I like to think what I do is kind of a form of justice. I just can't sit around while threads like these get put on these boards, dirtying 'em all up. I can't believe that people still take some of these seriously and post. I just do so in order to try and stop this foolishness!

Have a Great Life!

heh, I second that :lol:

"Great post!"

"LMAO!"

Have a Great Life!

My thoughts exactly.

So basically, if I tell you "Lycanthropes are real" and your immeaditly going to ask for all sorts of proof, you're in the wrong place, and can leave this topic now.

>>>I don't want "all sorts of proof," how about just a teeny-weeny bit?

Now, with that as a warning, if you still go on to post comments like that, you'll only look stupid.

>>>Yah, asking for proof is a really stupid thing to do.

Now, for the big three words most humans cant stand; Lycanthropes are real. I know what you're thinking already: impossible, prove it, unscientific, blah blah blah. Well, I can tell you that I know it's true, because I am one (hold's breath for the 'I want pictures' comments). Now, before you race off to post, let me explain. I am not, nor do I know of any Lycans that can transform. Not to say it's not possible, I just haven't ever seen it happen, or had it happen myself. Lycanthropy is more of a mind state, our bodies dont physically transform, only mentally.

>>>So you're human. Gotcha!

I know, I know: thats not a real werewolf, right? Well, I dont know if you've noticed, but people have a tendicy to dramatize everything until it's so blatantly rediculous that no one beleives the truth. It funny, in a sad sort of way. There are many lycans in this world, though we do like to keep ourselves fairly hidden in the world, not telling people who or what we are. So bassically, you could be working with a Lycan and not even know it.

>>>Do lycans spell differently than English-speaking people, too?

Our senses are higher than humans, though not as much as a true wolf's. I once spoke to a Lycan who wore glasses. And the full moon does have an effect on us, though not so much as the Hollywood movies try to make it. It's more like a drug for us, but doesn't drive us totally nuts.

>>>That remains to be seen.

There's lots about up that humans dont know, like the fact that I've never been poisoned by silver (then again I've never dared to press the stuff to an open wound) though it feels very hot, like it just came out of a fire, but not hot enough to burn.

So, Im still expecting a few stupid comments, humans can't often accept what they cant prove (kudos to those of you that can). And I'm willing to answer as many comments as I can. But be warned that I dont know everything about my race (I'd like to see you answer everything about humans).

>>So, let me get this correct, you're not human? Mmmmkay. Whatever, dude. From what I've seen, lycans desperately desire attention.

"Great post!"

"LMAO!"

Have a Great Life!

:clap: It annoys me when people claim to be something with no proof

Edited by deathxdealer

"Great post!"

"LMAO!"

Have a Great Life!

awesome posts paranormalguy! I was pretty sure Lycan came from the movie, but I had no proof to back it up. Unfortunately, guys like the OP really make many people who are serious about the paranormal a laughing stock. Plus, it seems are buddy has disappeared since your post.

awesome posts paranormalguy! I was pretty sure Lycan came from the movie, but I had no proof to back it up. Unfortunately, guys like the OP really make many people who are serious about the paranormal a laughing stock. Plus, it seems are buddy has disappeared since your post.

Maybe he is hunting. LOL

Well, I was always a little wolfish, I guess that I didn't make the connection until I was about 14.

My human friends all say that Im a little dogish too, which I find funny, since they dont know the truth.

Well, take it from me, when you start the metamorphosis into wolf form, hope that you don't have darker fur.. you want the red fur.

The red fur has less fleas, & not as thick! it's great for cooler climates- :tu:

What has this got to do with 'Urban Legends' anyway? Lycans aren't an Urban Legend, they're more a part of Mythology! And, as posted above by paranormalguy, the term didn't even come to existence till a few years ago, and then it was only because of a writer's fertile imagination.

So what are you really supposed to be classed as, deadtotheworld?

So basically, if I tell you "Lycanthropes are real" and your immeaditly going to ask for all sorts of proof, you're in the wrong place, and can leave this topic now. I'm telling you this so that we dont have to go through tons if, "I WANT PICTURES" posts and such.

Now, with that as a warning, if you still go on to post comments like that, you'll only look stupid.

Now, for the big three words most humans cant stand; Lycanthropes are real. I know what you're thinking already: impossible, prove it, unscientific, blah blah blah. Well, I can tell you that I know it's true, because I am one (hold's breath for the 'I want pictures' comments). Now, before you race off to post, let me explain. I am not, nor do I know of any Lycans that can transform. Not to say it's not possible, I just haven't ever seen it happen, or had it happen myself. Lycanthropy is more of a mind state, our bodies dont physically transform, only mentally.

I know, I know: thats not a real werewolf, right? Well, I dont know if you've noticed, but people have a tendicy to dramatize everything until it's so blatantly rediculous that no one beleives the truth. It funny, in a sad sort of way. There are many lycans in this world, though we do like to keep ourselves fairly hidden in the world, not telling people who or what we are. So bassically, you could be working with a Lycan and not even know it.

Our senses are higher than humans, though not as much as a true wolf's. I once spoke to a Lycan who wore glasses. And the full moon does have an effect on us, though not so much as the Hollywood movies try to make it. It's more like a drug for us, but doesn't drive us totally nuts.

There's lots about up that humans dont know, like the fact that I've never been poisoned by silver (then again I've never dared to press the stuff to an open wound) though it feels very hot, like it just came out of a fire, but not hot enough to burn.

So, Im still expecting a few stupid comments, humans can't often accept what they cant prove (kudos to those of you that can). And I'm willing to answer as many comments as I can. But be warned that I dont know everything about my race (I'd like to see you answer everything about humans).

Can you stand a shotgun blast at close range?

Do you have fur and i dont mean like an animal , but i mean alot of hair in all your body that looks like fur.

sorry to revive this but it wouldn't let me edit my post. I just want to say you're free to repost my analysis of the term Lycan as long as it is credited to me (ParanormalGuy). Thanks.

sorry to revive this but it wouldn't let me edit my post. I just want to say you're free to repost my analysis of the term Lycan as long as it is credited to me (ParanormalGuy). Thanks.

You have my support, paranormalguy. And thanks for clearing things up.

I have questions for deadtotheworld or any other lycan (or lycanthropes or werewolfs, whatever you call them) that could answer my questions

First of all, I was once asking myself if I was a werewolf, for a long time. I even talked about it to my girlfriend (and she is the only person that really knows every reasons why I think that). I even register on UnexplainedMysteries PRINCIPALLY because of this thread.

So here goes the question:

Do you have more hair than other people?

Do werewolfs prefer to eat meat?

Is it genetic, like if you're a lycan and you have a baby, will it be a lycan?

If you bite someone, will he be a lycan?

(this one is for deadtotheworld): How do you know people that are lycans if they want to keep it secret?

I think I'm a lycan, what syndroms would I have (except dizziness during full moon, and the two first questions I said before...and acting like an animal and sudden rage)?

Thanks for anyone that would answer my question.

And please, I know some of my questions might sound stupid, but as everybody says "The only stupid question is the one that is not asked"

By the way, sorry for my english I'm a french-canadian.

I'm glad to be the first to respond to you. But absolutely ENRAGED that people even post this crap on legitimate sites anymore. I remember a magical, wonderful and great time when people could go on line and speak their minds, and even ask something about "Werewolves or Lycans" and not be rediculed for being either a lost and imaginative child or a complete utter waste of a teenage life. But thanks to filth like you (which now unfortunately are many) on the internet acting all serious hoping some one will be like "Hey that guy gets dizzy from the full moon and is bi -friggin- polar!!! He must be a werewolf!!" Maybe years ago when the internet was young and virgin to idioitic and foolish minds. But not anymore, go on a "larp" or "rpg" website or something like that. But for the love of god don't bring that stuff here, you'll just end up with a healthy dose of cyber-insults. And on a first post too!! Maybe an introduction, make a few friends. *To Mods -- Can't their be a seperate board for posts like this. Luckily the majority of posters are good and well, but the few like you that come along makes me wonder why human are considered superior, I don't see wolves running around and two legs speaking and telling their wolf friends that they're wolf-weres. The human mind is amazing in the way that it SUCKS!! K, rage is all gone now. But seriously, please either find a more apropriate board or if you're serious find a physical or psycological proffesional. They spends 5 years of the prime of their lives learning to help you, use 'em.

EDIT:: Also the fact that you throw "sudden rage" in their just plum p***es me off, what does sudden rage have to do with being an animal, what world are you living in?! If the animal is healthy than it will only attack when justified (hunger or worry). That comment alone could tell me a lot about the poster (young, immature, un-educated etc). But this coupled with the other completely rediculous comments just closes the case. Get real

EDIT2:: Mods please don't delete this post either, just let it be read for a few days. It may seem purposeless but somebody has got to say this stuff or these boards which you work so hard on to "moderate" will only get worse...this isn't an insult or anger post, I'm speaking my mind in as reasonable a way that ! can while in this state of disguist. So please let people hear me out. And Fluw, and didn't mean to direct all my rage to you personally, if you think you're he first to do this you are sickeningly mistaken, this post is towards the many other posters that post similar junk.

Edited by paranormalguy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I have questions for deadtotheworld or any other lycan (or lycanthropes or werewolfs, whatever you call them) that could answer my questions

First of all, I was once asking myself if I was a werewolf, for a long time. I even talked about it to my girlfriend (and she is the only person that really knows every reasons why I think that). I even register on UnexplainedMysteries PRINCIPALLY because of this thread.

So here goes the question:

Do you have more hair than other people?

Do werewolfs prefer to eat meat?

Is it genetic, like if you're a lycan and you have a baby, will it be a lycan?

If you bite someone, will he be a lycan?

(this one is for deadtotheworld): How do you know people that are lycans if they want to keep it secret?

I think I'm a lycan, what syndroms would I have (except dizziness during full moon, and the two first questions I said before...and acting like an animal and sudden rage)?

Thanks for anyone that would answer my question.

And please, I know some of my questions might sound stupid, but as everybody says "The only stupid question is the one that is not asked"

By the way, sorry for my english I'm a french-canadian.

No, we don't have more hair than other people. We look like your average human, we just act different.

Yes we prefre meat. I eat mine Medium Rare. My pack is vegitarian lycans meaning we only eat animal meat, that someone else has killed. We have rules.

I belive it is genetic from what I have encountered I haven't met anyone who hasn't had it genetic.

No It can't be passed by biting someone.