Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Afterlife in a physical sence.

jay123

Its been a long time since ive posted on this site, but ive had a thought that i need help debunking.

Working on the assumption that everything exists in a physical realm, and everything has a shape(including conciousness). Humans are surely just a random combination of matter, along with everything else in existance.

So, if we assume that matter is infinite and can't be destroyed, given an infinate amount of time the same combination of matter will have to come into existance again( the whole monkey on typewriters thing). So therefore, given that humans are random matter, eventually the same random matter will come together again once all other possible combinations have been created.

To me, this shows two things. One, if matter is infinte, everything that could possibly happen will eventually happen. And two, its likely to happen an infinite amount of times.

To me, this surely suggests that eventually we will all be reborn.

Anyone fancy helping me figure this out?

No, we will not be reborn. But we will be reborn.

Yes, you are entirely correct. This will happen and most definitely has happened.

But whats your point?

Sure we will be reborn, but chances are things are going to be different.

Plus our "time" from our death until the rebirth is insignificant and unnoticed by us due to the fact of time's illusion.

So yep, your on the right track.

I hope you won't worry about death, and birth, and all that jazz from now on. It makes life a whole lot less stressful as well.

I only wish that everyone could come to this realization in their lives.

Well, Have fun!

Change is afoot.

A study of alchemy would assist you in your inquiries.

Yes, on this Physical Plane we are subject to the cycles of incarnation.

Matter is energy, energy is vibrations. Matter becomes reduced to its elemental state and is re-introduced back into the physical.

What is at question here is the rest of us, our soul , our spirit.

No, we will not be reborn. But we will be reborn.

Yes, you are entirely correct. This will happen and most definitely has happened.

But whats your point?

Sure we will be reborn, but chances are things are going to be different.

Plus our "time" from our death until the rebirth is insignificant and unnoticed by us due to the fact of time's illusion.

So yep, your on the right track.

I hope you won't worry about death, and birth, and all that jazz from now on. It makes life a whole lot less stressful as well.

I only wish that everyone could come to this realization in their lives.

Well, Have fun!

Change is afoot.

Oh, ive never been worried about it. I just think its a beautifull theory.

How people look for the ilusion of imortality and meaning everyday in things like god and spirituality, only to find that it already could exist in science.

I just like the nature of infinity. :)

I share the same sentiment when it comes to people worrying about what might happen after there gone. I feel theres much more happyness to be found in the questions rather than the answers. lol.

For once, everyone in a thread agrees on something! We are re-born infinte amounts of times in the physical, because our life force is eternal.

Working on the assumption that everything exists in a physical realm, and everything has a shape(including conciousness). Humans are surely just a random combination of matter, along with everything else in existance.

So, if we assume that matter is infinite and can't be destroyed, given an infinate amount of time the same combination of matter will have to come into existance again( the whole monkey on typewriters thing). So therefore, given that humans are random matter, eventually the same random matter will come together again once all other possible combinations have been created.

As I see it, only a small fraction of what exists is present in our or any other physical realm. Energy is the element of consciousness that has the greater awareness. just like water, vapor, and ice, its shape can change but is awareness, its energy, remains constant.

The conscious energy is infinite and can not be destroyed, matter or the reflection of some aspect of that energy is always changing its shape and form.

It is also hard for me to assume as a human expression that I will ever understand the grander purpose or intent of my physical life.

John

• Like 1

Random forms of matter? That we are not. If you do not even understand what 'form' we are molded from I will not even bother to participate much further with your random nonsense. Agree my behind. I do not agree with ignorance, Maybe it's just me.

no offense

Edited by devilmaycare
  • Confused 1

Random forms of matter? That we are not. If you do not even understand what 'form' we are molded from I will not even bother to participate much further with your random nonsense. Agree my behind. I do not agree with ignorance, Maybe it's just me.

no offense

Each and every is entitled to their own opinion.

I'm glad you have yours ;D

As I see it, only a small fraction of what exists is present in our or any other physical realm. Energy is the element of consciousness that has the greater awareness. just like water, vapor, and ice, its shape can change but is awareness, its energy, remains constant.

This is actually a really good analogy that I also use when describing consciousness to friends :)

The monkey on a typewriter theory is bogus... an infinite sequence of 26 randomly generated letters doesn't have to contain an edition of Hamlet just because it is constructed of the same 26 letters. Every letter is randomly generated and completely unrelated to the preceding letter, therefore no assumptions can be made about any patterns in said sequence. Apply that logic to multi-dimensional reality, and the probability of the same particles of matter that created you finding their way back together again to create the same exact "you" is too small to fathom with the human brain. I'm sure it would take the death and birth of many subsequent universes to even approach mathmatical likelihood. Interesting thought, though.

Edited by Jack Burton

• 2 weeks later...
The monkey on a typewriter theory is bogus... an infinite sequence of 26 randomly generated letters doesn't have to contain an edition of Hamlet just because it is constructed of the same 26 letters. Every letter is randomly generated and completely unrelated to the preceding letter, therefore no assumptions can be made about any patterns in said sequence. Apply that logic to multi-dimensional reality, and the probability of the same particles of matter that created you finding their way back together again to create the same exact "you" is too small to fathom with the human brain. I'm sure it would take the death and birth of many subsequent universes to even approach mathmatical likelihood. Interesting thought, though.

Agreed.

If matter is infinite, then we have always existed and always will.

Even if all the particles found their way back to create another 'you', you could never be the same person as you are now, if you consider sociological and environmental aspects.

But, if we're talking about infinity, can we move on to the possibility that particles will create an identical universe to the one we're living in now?

And, if we're talking about shifting particles, that means that we are not the same person we were several minutes earlier. We are constantly shifting beings that are perceived to be stable. Does this mean that life is just a "random" mish-mash of matter that could disperse at any moment?\

Someone help me out here :blink:

I am happy with the present life.

I am not thinking about reborn life in a physical scence.

It all depends upon the present life.

===================================================

timothy1

freeastro