Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

"Beast of Buchan" sightings intrigue big cat hunters

UM-Bot

news icon rBig-cat investigators on the trail of the ever-elusive Beast of Buchan have been bolstered by a series of possible sightings over the weekend.

The mysterious creature, said to be as big as a puma, has been seen three times since Friday night.All of the sightings have been within a few miles of each other, just west of Fraserburgh.

news icon View: Full Article | Source: Press and Journal

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UM-Bot

• bluebandit

• orionsbelt

Top Posters In This Topic

“By the way,” she said, “we had only been drinking cups of tea that night.

Nice, they answered an important point right off the bat. With all of the reports of big cats in Scotland and England, it seems very possible that there could be some kind of cat living there. If I remember correctly, isn't there enough food in the way of rabbits/other small game to support a small population of cats?

linked-imageBig-cat investigators on the trail of the ever-elusive Beast of Buchan have been bolstered by a series of possible sightings over the weekend. The mysterious creature, said to be as big as a puma, has been seen three times since Friday night. All of the sightings have been within a few miles of each other, just west of Fraserburgh. Although the legendary animal has been seen several times over the years, it is unusual to have so many reported sightings in such a short time. The news has bolstered big-cat investigators in Scotland who now want to set up a webcam to try to get the first official shots of the beast. It was first seen at around 9pm on Friday by Sandhaven woman Fiona Clark. She was getting a lift home after visiting a friend at Pitullie, on the Buchan coast. “We were walking to the car when we were stopped in our tracks,” she said. “There was a strange smell in the air, it was very hard to describe. It made us lift our heads up so we were facing a drystane dyke just a few feet away. I couldn't believe what I saw.” Walking beside the wall – known locally as the fisherman's dyke – was the so-called beast. “I had never seen anything like it,” she said. “It was black and looked like a puma. It was amazing to see its strength and agility when it leaped over the wall and away from us.” Miss Clark said she realised non-believers might find her tale hard to swallow, adding: “I know we were very lucky to see what we had seen.” “By the way,” she said, “we had only been drinking cups of tea that night.

” Miss Clark, of Pittendrum Gardens, followed the beast along the rural stretch, but lost sight of it in the dark. By coincidence, a family friend later told her a similar creature had been seen lurking in trees near the churchyard at Tyrie Castle on Saturday morning. The friend had seen it while travelling to Banff. She also heard that the cat had been seen later that day near Peathill, south of Rosehearty.

linked-image View: Full Article | Source: Press and Journal

interesting,i remember we have had a few sightings down here over the years,also a spate of sheep kills.they were put down to dogs etc,

but a lot of people said they saw a large cat 'the beast of bont',we also had a few years ago a seeries of lambs found 'nailed' to trees.

makes you think what is about and what some people get up to.