Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pictured: The giant 11-month old baby who

chemical-licker

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10...e-year-old.html

Pictured: The giant 11-month old baby who is already the size of an eight-year-old

This bundle of blubber may only be 11 months old, but he is already the size of an eight-year-old.

The giant baby tips the scales at a whopping 61lbs 12oz (28kg) and stands four and a half stone larger than his older brother. Due to his hefty frame the toddler also has to wear huge nappies.

His mother, Milena Orosco de Agudelo, said her son started ballooning at just two months old.

Enlarge linked-image

Weighty issue: The baby is just 11 months old

The baby has had undergone a number of medical examinations which suggest he may have a problem with his endocrine system.

Ms Orosco said: 'He had some tests done and the results show that he has a thyroid malfunction.

'Then, he had a cardiogram test done and that test shows that he has the bones of an eight-year-old boy, but they have not told me where that came from.'

The normal weight for a boy his age is between 13lbs 4oz and 15lbs 7oz (6-7kg) and now baffled doctors in Colombia are trying to work out how he became so big.

Doctor David Dias, of the Barranquilla Pediatric Hospital, said: 'The baby will undergo more tests to see if he's obese or we're dealing with hyperthyroidism.'

Enlarge linked-image

Big hugs: The baby's mother, Milena Orosco de Agudelo, says he began to balloon when he was just two months old.

BIG BABY :blink:

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LostLittleGirl

• chemical-licker

• GreyWeather

• Princess Serenity

:blush: oooppppsssss delete this please mod, already a story on this and i looked too :cry: got to open my eyes next time :yes:

That can't be healthy for the baby. I've seen children that big and a person has always said that it's not healthy.

But that's a big baby though.

Could be Momo's sydrome. It's very rare but it cause children to grow large like that.

Could be Momo's sydrome. It's very rare but it cause children to grow large like that.

Is it fatal?

Poor baby! If it's due to a health problem which a relative of mine has this child won't be able to do much about it, and people will still mistreat him thinking he has no self controle when that not the case at all! If it's the mother over feeding him i think it's child abuse! Either way this child will suffer as long as he lives, and my heart goes out to him!

I'd guess the childs mother isn't overfeeding him. She's quite thin, and her elder son appears to be normal sized. When a parent overfeeds, EVERYONE in the family tends to have a weight problem. I'm guessing that they'll find he as a medical issue, and hopefully they'll be able to correct whatever that might be. If they can't... he could make a grand career of Sumo wrestling... *shrug*