Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Disturbing/Scary Images

clockworkgirl21

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PhoenixDown

• Incorrigible1

• madscience

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That first painting with the doll, little boy, and the hands is very creepy.

I also found the dead people to be creepy as well.

I found a picture recently on the Coast to Coast website. It gave me nightmares. I have been looking for it, but that is giving me a headache, because it goes on for 5-6 pages. I will look again later.

Edited by DeAnna

do you mean Embalming?

In the sense that it's natural embalming only. Perhaps there isn't a word for it. I had a quick search through my library but could only find 'the mummy congress'.

Okay incorrigable...on topic

post-59962-1220309770_thumb.jpg

Edited by 1.618

is wax there involved or something else?

YES IT WAS

''....In 1925, the third and final exhumation of the body was conducted. This was the occasion during which relics of the sacred body of Bernadette would be taken. Doctor Comte was again asked to conduct the procedure. Once the surgical part was over, he had the body swathed in bandages leaving only the face and hands free. Bernadette's body was then put back into the coffin, but left uncovered. At this point, a precise imprint of the face was molded so that the firm of Pierre Imans in Paris could make a light wax mask based on the imprints and on some genuine photos. This was common practice for relics in France, as it was feared that although the body was mummified, the blackish tinge to the face and the sunken eyes and nose would make an unpleasant impression on the public. Imprints of the hands were also taken for the presentation of the body. Three years later in 1928, Doctor Comte published a report on the exhumation of the Blessed Bernadette in the second issue of the Bulletin de I'Association medicale de Notre–Dame de Lourdes.....''

link: http://www.catholicpilgrims.com/lourdes/bb_bernadette_body.htm

** i believe that the person was really good and her body would have had survived anyway....the article says, that parts of the body were removed.. .

still very pretty and very impressive

Edited by saturnrings

Here it is:

http://www.coasttocoastam.com/gen/page2379.html?theme=light

Sorry, I don't know how to embed it. Hope the link it okay.

I don't know why it freaks me out so bad. It's just very bizarre.

don't ask....yes i did looked at it okay

theres nothing scary about the pic, bizarre maybe....

you reckon that it triggers something in your mind that you would rather want to forget?

don't ask....yes i did looked at it okay

theres nothing scary about the pic, bizarre maybe....

you reckon that it triggers something in your mind that you would rather want to forget?

I have no clue. I just know it scares me.

As we know, the last emperor and empress of Russia, Nicholas and Alexandra, were murdered along with their family and a few servents in 1918. This finger was found on their burial site, and for years, it said to be Alexandra's. But this translation from a book says: "A human finger with two phalanges. It came from a well manicured hand, probably from a woman's hand as the finger was long and narrow (this actually describes Nicholas' fingers as well, he was fastidious in his grooming and always had well manicured hands) It was cut off by a somewhat sharp instrument which tore it off like and explosion. It came from a person of middle age." So the finger is actually Nicholas's. He had a sapphire ring on that hand, and the murderers cut it off because it was hard to remove. Since no hand or feet bones were found with the bodies in 1991, it's possible all their hands and feet were cut off after death and someone did something with them, or buried them somewhere else. They all had jewels on their hands that were hard to remove, but I don't know about their feet.

linked-image

The finger is now walled up in a church in Brussels.

My family had that crying boy painting and there house burnt down.

Why ever would we have a reason NOT to believe you, Ziggy455/Ziggy Edgar?

Why ever would we have a reason NOT to believe you, Ziggy455/Ziggy Edgar?

Heh! Good catch. What a maroon.

linked-image

linked-image

linked-image

linked-image

linked-image

linked-image

linked-image

linked-image

I think the two pics of the man on the cross and the pic of the scary house is from "The Twlight Zone".

The last pic really creeps me out!

I think the two pics of the man on the cross and the pic of the scary house is from "The Twlight Zone".

Very close! They're from another Rod Serling production, Night Gallery.

what about this one folks... >.> *shivers*

linked-image

Edited by fullmoonwerewolf

Please, no gory or violent photos. The last thread was screwed up because of it.

linked-image

This is called "The Crying Boy." The story is this painting survived two house fires. In both fires, it was the only thing to survive.

linked-image

This is "The Hands Resist Him." It's story is the boy will sometimes move around, and even leave the painting.

They have the same exact story about this other painting of a crying boy too.

hmmmm.... what it looks like to me is ... wow when i looked at it again i got the chills..... but what it looks like to me is a board which looks kinda like a mini-headstone and the shadow in the back (which gave me the chills) looks like 3 demons and the tail to connect them

The last pic really creeps me out!

But she's smiling and waving, she's happy to see you!

Looks like Freddy in the background and the kids freak the hell outta me.

linked-image

Looks like Freddy in the background and the kids freak the hell outta me.

linked-image

That is a creepy picture. Do you know where it came from?

Edited by DeAnna

That is a creepy picture. Do you know where it came from?

I have no idea where I got that. I found it in my PC archives one day.

I have no idea where I got that. I found it in my PC archives one day.

That totally looks like Krueger. The kids in the rocking chair don't look scary to me, but the little girl beside them does. She looks like she has some evil intention.