Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Palin's daughter pregnant

pendora

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Stubbly_Dooright

• Neognosis

• danielost

• BlindMessiah

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not unlike the younger Spears girl's pregnancy, that happened just as her mother was about to release a how-to book on parenting.

I suppose Palin probably should have taught her daughter more about contraception. *

*Before someone bites my head off, I'll point out that it is possible that Palin did teach her about it. But considering that Sarah Palin is supposed to be pretty socially conservative, it wouldn't surprise me if she hadn't.

I suppose Palin probably should have taught her daughter more about contraception. *

*Before someone bites my head off, I'll point out that it is possible that Palin did teach her about it. But considering that Sarah Palin is supposed to be pretty socially conservative, it wouldn't surprise me if she hadn't.

*bites head off*

But you're right. This is my main beef with conservatives on the issue of abortion. How difficult is it to teach contraception? I mean, they have a problem with abortion, but they don't want to stop unwanted pregnancies. So following their rules, it's abstain or have a kid. This doesn't help their pro-life cause at all.

What's the big deal, the girl is pregnant. is going to keep the baby and marry the father. It's not like she went out and murdered anyone. If Palin wasn't on the ticket noone would hear about this, except for those in her town.

This just makes them a normal working class American family. Popularity will go up. She hunts, fishes, wants to drill oil and is a MILF. Its a win-win.

What's the big deal, the girl is pregnant. is going to keep the baby and marry the father. It's not like she went out and murdered anyone. If Palin wasn't on the ticket noone would hear about this, except for those in her town.

It's no big deal really, but so far there is no much out there to destroy Palin. Lt. Ripley is trying to sell Troopergate and it's not selling :D

It's because Palin is being sold partially as the "hockey mom" with a good, conservative family - the epitome of good American family values. This doesn't exactly reflect well on that.

Think, for example, of what the reaction would be if it was Barack Obama's 17-Year-Old daughter who got pregnant.

As for the unnamed young man, while I would hope he genuinely wants to marry Bristol, it really almost doesn't matter if he does or not. You do not p*** off the family of a potential Vice President, especially when doing so would cause the media to turn its eye on you and no doubt kick up a ****storm that would leave you marked forever.

It's because Palin is being sold partially as the "hockey mom" with a good, conservative family - the epitome of good American family values. This doesn't exactly reflect well on that.

Meaning it's the family's core belief, but does not mean they are a perfect family. As parents you can only try so much.

Let it go.

It's an issue only in so much as it has policy implications, not personal implications. It helps to expose the intellectual bankruptcy of the abstinence-only education programs that Palin supports. Let's start doing something that works.

Meaning it's the family's core belief, but does not mean they are a perfect family. As parents you can only try so much.

Let it go.

No ****, but we're talking about a PR image.

It's no big deal really, but so far there is no much out there to destroy Palin. Lt. Ripley is trying to sell Troopergate and it's not selling :D

:lol: I haven't checked that one out yet... ;)

Think, for example, of what the reaction would be if it was Barack Obama's 17-Year-Old daughter who got pregnant.

As for the unnamed young man, while I would hope he genuinely wants to marry Bristol, it really almost doesn't matter if he does or not. You do not p*** off the family of a potential Vice President, especially when doing so would cause the media to turn its eye on you and no doubt kick up a ****storm that would leave you marked forever.

The point I'm trying to make, is that things like this happen, even to the best families, and with all the mud-slinging that goes on and has gone on in the past, it's not unusual. The media is going to hit on every little thing they find, and I'm sure they will come up with alot more. So if there is a ****storm, this may not be it...

It's an issue only in so much as it has policy implications, not personal implications. It helps to expose the intellectual bankruptcy of the abstinence-only education programs that Palin supports. Let's start doing something that works.

How do you know that the parents have not educated the daughter as well about being careful about getting pregnant in case she does have sex?

How difficult is it to teach contraception?

It's not a an issue of difficulty of teaching, but rather the issue of who's job/responsibility it is to teach it - me as a parent or the faceless state via the schools.

Interesting indeed with this latest news-- ESPECIALLY after reading this article that came out just before the latest breaking news:

Palin: I'd Oppose Abortion Even If My Own Daughter Was Raped

Check out the NEW Interactive Poll on the GOP's Web site:

Who is a better pick for VP? Palin or Biden

http://www.gop.mfbiz.com/#/newpalinbidenpoll/4530692820

And check out the results!

There is just over ONE HOUR LEFT to vote on this poll.

Hilarious!

Is McCain trying to run an election or some reality show?

Edited by Cinders

It's not a big deal to a social liberal like myself. It will drive away many of the social conservatives though. Men like Dobson who have huge sway over the Christian community are currently on the fence over whether or not to endorse John McCain or a third party candidate.

It's not a an issue of difficulty of teaching, but rather the issue of who's job/responsibility it is to teach it - me as a parent or the faceless state via the schools.

It doesn't matter to me. Whether it is parents, schools or churches. Teenage pregnancy is a problem in this country that I want to see fixed. It's the only way to do away with abortion all together.