Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Palin's daughter pregnant

pendora

It's not a an issue of difficulty of teaching, but rather the issue of who's job/responsibility it is to teach it - me as a parent or the faceless state via the schools.

The only problem with that is that when a teenager gets pregnant because some parent, whether by neglect or because of conservative values, failed to teach her or him contraception, the burden usually falls upon all of us in this society, making it a societal issue as well. The state arguably has an important role in teaching sexual education in large part because many parents fail to teach their children contraception. I know my parents never made an effort to - it was just abstinence, abstinence, abstinence all the way.

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Stubbly_Dooright

• Neognosis

• danielost

• BlindMessiah

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The only problem with that is that when a teenager gets pregnant because some parent, whether by neglect or because of conservative values, failed to teach her or him contraception, the burden usually falls upon all of us in this society, making it a societal issue as well. The state arguably has an important role in teaching sexual education in large part because many parents fail to teach their children contraception. I know my parents never made an effort to - it was just abstinence, abstinence, abstinence all the way.

Well then I must be one of those parents who was a burden. You see, my daughter was taught about contraception, and abstinence, but at 18 she became pregnant. Abortion was never a question, but had it been, I would never have known my wonderful 16 year old grandson. :)

Well then I must be one of those parents who was a burden. You see, my daughter was taught about contraception, and abstinence, but at 18 she became pregnant. Abortion was never a question, but had it been, I would never have known my wonderful 16 year old grandson. :)

No, he's saying your wonderful 16 year old grandson was a burden. In that sort of situation the child often is because the parents lack responsibility to care for the child.

Parents and/or schools can teach kids about contraception until they're blue in the face. And the same kids will still make stupid decisions.

But I do not agree with Sarah's position on abstinence only teachings. ( If that is indeed her position. I honestly don't know )

Now if Bristol were to have an abortion, then I would have a problem with that. Not personally, because I'm pro-choice myself. But because it would be totally hypocritical on her part.

No, he's saying your wonderful 16 year old grandson was a burden. In that sort of situation the child often is because the parents lack responsibility to care for the child.

Well, I hate to burst your bubble but he was definitely not a burden. My daughter continued college, raised her son. Yes there are those that lack responsibility, but fortunately she wasn't one of them..But yes, there are those out there who cannot care for a child and society does pay for it. I take issues like this a little too serious...

But you're right. This is my main beef with conservatives on the issue of abortion. How difficult is it to teach contraception?

My, how inclusive you portray conservatives. I mean, I'm fairly conservative, yet believe completely in contraception, and in fact in many abortions. But under your brush-stroke, evidently I'm one of the "Neo-Cons" I keep hearing about.

Thanks for the broad brush-stroke. Hope I can repay it, sometime.

My, how inclusive you portray conservatives. I mean, I'm fairly conservative, yet believe completely in contraception, and in fact in many abortions. But under your brush-stroke, evidently I'm one of the "Neo-Cons" I keep hearing about.

Anyone with any real life experience or kids knows that kids of any political party are going to do what they want to do regardless. Contraceptives aren't 100% even if they are used.

It's no big deal really, but so far there is no much out there to destroy Palin. Lt. Ripley is trying to sell Troopergate and it's not selling :D

No big deal ? lmao ok but if this were Obama's kid you'd be on it like white on rice claiming ' christian family values' of the republican party.

and yeah , troopergate where Palin hid emails just like Bush to avoid exposure as a liar.

Well, I hate to burst your bubble but he was definitely not a burden. My daughter continued college, raised her son. Yes there are those that lack responsibility, but fortunately she wasn't one of them..But yes, there are those out there who cannot care for a child and society does pay for it. I take issues like this a little too serious...

Let's analyze. It isn't my bubble, its his. Now that that is clear, I certainly did not, and he did not either, say your grandchild was a burden. He said that is often the case. No one was insulting your family or saying your daughter was irresponsible. We're talking in generalizations here, and once again, it wasn't even my words.

I suppose Palin probably should have taught her daughter more about contraception. *

*Before someone bites my head off, I'll point out that it is possible that Palin did teach her about it. But considering that Sarah Palin is supposed to be pretty socially conservative, it wouldn't surprise me if she hadn't.

This is another fine example of how ridiculously wrong generalizations can be.

I'm as conservative as you can get and my kids know all about contraception, their mother and I taught them about it as part of their homeschool curriculum. The thing is that we conservatives think that the right to take responsibility for our actions is the greatest right we can have, so we teach our kids contraception is not 100% effective and that they will have to be responsible for any and all outcomes of their decision to engage in sexual activities. Gov. Palin has made the point that her daughter and the young man who got her pregnant plan to marry and take responsibility for their child. Her response sounds perfectly conservative to me and, if anything, makes it more obvious that Sen. McCain made a great choice in running mates.

I am so enjoying watching the libs run around in absolute panic! :lol:

Obviously I wasn't talking about each individual conservative. I think it was quite clear I was referring to social conservatives, meaning, evangelical Christian base of the republican party. If I'm not mistaken you're supporting Barr, so my comment had nothing to do with you.

This is another fine example of how ridiculously wrong generalizations can be.

I'm as conservative as you can get and my kids know all about contraception, their mother and I taught them about it as part of their homeschool curriculum. The thing is that we conservatives think that the right to take responsibility for our actions is the greatest right we can have, so we teach our kids contraception is not 100% effective and that they will have to be responsible for any and all outcomes of their decision to engage in sexual activities. Gov. Palin has made the point that her daughter and the young man who got her pregnant plan to marry and take responsibility for their child. Her response sounds perfectly conservative to me and, if anything, makes it more obvious that Sen. McCain made a great choice in running mates.

And you don't make generalizations? Ok.

I am so enjoying watching the libs run around in absolute panic! :lol:

O wait... so all liberals are running around in a panic? Must be the case, you don't generalize. As for the comment, despite hating the man, I think he should have picked Romney. The man is loved by the republicans and is a good speaker, knows how to rap "who let the dogs out" :innocent: , and is all around the safer pick.

And you don't make generalizations? Ok.
Did I say I didn't? I just said this one was ridiculously wrong.

O wait... so all liberals are running around in a panic? Must be the case, you don't generalize. As for the comment, despite hating the man, I think he should have picked Romney. The man is loved by the republicans and is a good speaker, knows how to rap "who let the dogs out" :innocent: , and is all around the safer pick.

Did I say "ALL" libs? No, I just said libs. You're the one who said all libs. Look around those panicking about Gov. Palin's nomination ARE libs.

What's the big deal, the girl is pregnant. is going to keep the baby and marry the father. It's not like she went out and murdered anyone. If Palin wasn't on the ticket noone would hear about this, except for those in her town.

It seems to be only a problem with the liberals who want her to kill the baby.

Please sir, find me a quote of someone saying they want her child murdered.

In Wasilla, Pregnancy Was No Secret

That's about the only thing that I didn't know about Bristol Palin's pregnancy. The rest of the details I picked up almost without trying, while talking about other things with townsfolk — some who know the governor and her family well, some who don't. It was, more or less, an open secret. And everyone was saying the same thing: the governor's 17-year-old daughter is pregnant, the father is her boyfriend, and it's really nobody's business beyond that.

I happen to agree.

This tiny town wedged in between the Chugach and Talkeetna mountain ranges has intrigued the whole country since John McCain's surprise Friday announcement that Wasilla's favorite daughter, Sarah Palin, would be his running mate. Sure, some of the interest was a prelude to attacks on Palin's readiness for national office. But Wasilla also offered a welcome chance to get specific about the geography of a politician. It's one of our most cherished myths, that a leader can come from somewhere and you can guess at their qualities not just by what they say, but where they live.

Well, here's the deal: small towns have their own value systems, and in this situation those values are more a lot more valid than the dispassionate, pushy inquisitiveness that political journalism encourages.

I just got off the phone with a longtime Wasilla resident. She had urged me to find time today to go up to Hatcher Pass—"the most beautiful place in the valley!"—when I mentioned that the story on Bristol's baby is now national news. Her voice slowed. "Oh," she said. "I'm so sorry. That's so unfair."

More of the article here: Link

-----------------------------------------------

Some big secret...

*bites head off*

But you're right. This is my main beef with conservatives on the issue of abortion. How difficult is it to teach contraception? I mean, they have a problem with abortion, but they don't want to stop unwanted pregnancies. So following their rules, it's abstain or have a kid. This doesn't help their pro-life cause at all.

I not only found said quote but it is yours. Of course you will say that it isn't what you meant. But it is there and it will remain there.

In Wasilla, Pregnancy Was No Secret

That's about the only thing that I didn't know about Bristol Palin's pregnancy. The rest of the details I picked up almost without trying, while talking about other things with townsfolk — some who know the governor and her family well, some who don't. It was, more or less, an open secret. And everyone was saying the same thing: the governor's 17-year-old daughter is pregnant, the father is her boyfriend, and it's really nobody's business beyond that.

I happen to agree.

This tiny town wedged in between the Chugach and Talkeetna mountain ranges has intrigued the whole country since John McCain's surprise Friday announcement that Wasilla's favorite daughter, Sarah Palin, would be his running mate. Sure, some of the interest was a prelude to attacks on Palin's readiness for national office. But Wasilla also offered a welcome chance to get specific about the geography of a politician. It's one of our most cherished myths, that a leader can come from somewhere and you can guess at their qualities not just by what they say, but where they live.

Well, here's the deal: small towns have their own value systems, and in this situation those values are more a lot more valid than the dispassionate, pushy inquisitiveness that political journalism encourages.

I just got off the phone with a longtime Wasilla resident. She had urged me to find time today to go up to Hatcher Pass—"the most beautiful place in the valley!"—when I mentioned that the story on Bristol's baby is now national news. Her voice slowed. "Oh," she said. "I'm so sorry. That's so unfair."

More of the article here: Link

-----------------------------------------------

Some big secret...

I'm glad to see Obama isn't using this for politics like Kerry did with Cheney's daughter in '04.

Caaaan.. I have it in a nice white wine sauce?

*ducks*

Ok ok ok.. seriously. (HA!)

Meh.. I dunno.. as a moderate..libral.. "I just don't give a f..care.." type.. So what if her daughter's having a kid. Oh wait Teen daughter? I guess if Obama had a teen daughter that got knocked up the republicans/conservitives would be pretty much having a field day with it. Same thing's going on with the church situation. She belongs to (in my opinion just reading some of this stuff) a *very* scary church.. and the cons are all "Meh..." But these same blokes went ape sh..crap over Obama's pastor. (Go go randome sound clips ftw!)

Either way.. McCain and this Hillary cash in .. er I mean Palin... don't share my political views. Obama bin Biden (Oooh I make fun of ALL the canidates there.. go me! =P) do. So simply put.. That's who I vote in.

I'm glad to see Obama isn't using this for politics like Kerry did with Cheney's daughter in '04.

So far we will see in october.

Danielost

BlindMessiah

Danielost

I not only found said quote but it is yours. Of course you will say that it isn't what you meant. But it is there and it will remain there.

And here is the quote:

*bites head off*

But you're right. This is my main beef with conservatives on the issue of abortion. How difficult is it to teach contraception? I mean, they have a problem with abortion, but they don't want to stop unwanted pregnancies. So following their rules, it's abstain or have a kid. This doesn't help their pro-life cause at all.

Ok, I'm confused. How does this show me saying I want to murder her child? Do tell. Spell it out for me, I'm slow.

Edited by BlindMessiah

Danielost

BlindMessiah

Danielost

And here is the quote:

Ok, I'm confused. How does this show me saying I want to murder her child? Do tell. Spell it out for me, I'm slow.

It says that you want all unwanted babies killed thus you want this baby killed. By the way I would say that this baby is wanted. Just unplanned.

It says that you want all unwanted babies killed thus you want this baby killed. By the way I would say that this baby is wanted. Just unplanned.

I said I wanted all unwanted babies killed? Beg pardon? You seriously lack reading comprehension. I said my problem with conservatives is that they are against birth control which leads to more abortions. That means I'm against abortion. God, learn to read.

Edited by BlindMessiah

In stead of pushing abortion. We should be pushing adoption.

With all the adoption restrictions out there that hinders good parents from getting children... it's hard enough to get the child surpluss we have in the system out into homes as it is.