Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Palin's daughter pregnant

pendora

One more time for the people who don't understand. The area of anwr where they want to drill was sit aside for drilling. The first pipeline did not upset the caribou population it increased it giving the polar bear more food to eat.

Polar bear don't eat caribou. Decreasing or increasing the caribou population does not directly affect polar bear food supply.

http://www.seaworld.org/animal-info/info-b...r-bear/diet.htm

I don't support him politically, but he appears to be a very decent man.

I will vote for Obama, but don't forget, he is a politician, and therefore a liar. Never lose sight of that.

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Stubbly_Dooright

• Neognosis

• danielost

• BlindMessiah

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Polar bear don't eat caribou. Decreasing or increasing the caribou population does not directly affect polar bear food supply.

Well, since Caribou ended up liking hanging around the pipeline for heat. I think we all know now that it does not really bother them and would even vote for it if they can.

Edited by AROCES

There are more important things at stake in regards to whether or not to drill where and when in ANWR.

No but he is ashamed of his mother's family because they are white.

lol? How would you know even if it was tru?

lol? How would you know even if it was tru?

CNN maybe? ;)

Or maybe all those "Obama is a terrorist/Muslim/black supremacy" videos on youtube.

Who cares if her daughter is pregnant?

linked-image

I'm very impressed with Obama's calm, reasoned stance that family's are out of bounds. He scored major points with me on this issue. :tu:

by danielost:

Much better to force doctors that do not want to be part of the abortion process to be part of it.

And we can't take the staff members from the abortion clinics retrain and send them to the orphanages. That must mean that they are pretty stupid and they shouldn't reproduce at all.

How would that mean that, where is your souce of this?

No I don't Nor am I saying that anyone who uses birth control is for abortion. The ones I said are for abortion are the ones saying it is ok to have sex as long as you use birth control.

by this reasoning:

If their not having sex their not going to get pregnant. If they are having sex even with birth control they are going to get pregnant. Why because birth control can fail to work. No birth control method is 100% except not having sex. Yes it is harder to control yourself but not impossible. Thus if you are for birth control you are for abortion.
You are saying they are not for birth control, it just happens to be used, if they are having sex. Where are you now saying that everyone is for birth control? Plus, show where everyone here, that you are insuiting, that says that they are for abortion, because they are for birth control!

The best birth control can give you is 99% protection. This is assuming that the man uses the condom, the woman is on birth pills, sponge, and spermicides.

All abortion being available on every corner(yes I know it isn't yet) does is make responsibility non-existence.

I think, that you are reaching. Where is your proof, that everyone does this?

by MissMelsWell:

What I don't like is that Palin seems completely unaware that political life as the VP of the United States of America will take her away from her 5 kids almost full time for the next four years should the be elected. One of her children is only 4 months old AND special needs, as well as a teen daughter in need, and a soon to be born grandchild. As a mother myself, I could not IMAGINE taking a job like VP with that many family responsibilities. Call me crazy, but I think she's doing her family and children a HUGE disservice. A grave one.

Family values my butt... anyone that chooses to take the VP job who has responsibilities and family challenges like she has is a self-centered person who cares not about family at all.

Exactly my feelings. What happens if something happens to McLane? That means more pressure on her, and less on her family. It does sound a bit hypercritical for her to be a pro-family person, with a family, and choosing a position that will take her from it.

What also gets me, is that I'm getting the message, (I could be wrong), that she knew about her daughter's pregnancy before she accepted the VP invite. If that is the case, didn't she realize that one, her daughter's situation was going to come out, and two, it was a situation in her family that goes against what Palin is?

by Neognosis:

That her daughter is pregnant is only an issue if you are easily distracted by shiny things.
Oh, I agree. The thing is, I see the 'family values' thing spewed on a common basis, like it is very important to everyone and should be out in the fore front in politics and the media. 'Family Values' that Palin is, and that is being used as part of her label for her position. And then you have a little anti'family values in the form of her daughter. Granted, it's not a thing for a story, but I personally believe that anything to do with the family, which I find personal and your own choice to do, as not being part of the media and the political arena. But it's being used, tauted, and pushed on everyone a particular family that everyone should do. I find it poetic justice, that for someone pushing a particular 'family values' button, should get her hypercracy biting her back in the butt.

Who cares if her daughter is pregnant?

linked-image

I had a mini-skirt like that once. Oh wait, it was of blue suede, but it was a mini-skirt. In the few times hubby did the wash, the mini-skirt went in it, and made everything blue. Oh well.

Oh, I agree. The thing is, I see the 'family values' thing spewed on a common basis, like it is very important to everyone and should be out in the fore front in politics and the media. 'Family Values' that Palin is, and that is being used as part of her label for her position. And then you have a little anti'family values in the form of her daughter.

That her daughter got pregnant is not evidence of poor parenting or of anything else.

In case you didn't know, a lot of teenagers have sex whether or not their parents tell them to or not, whether they are raised catholic, jewish, conservative, liberal, etc. etc.

Sometimes they get pregnant.

The real family value, IMO, is standing by family when they do something to embarass you or hurt your career.

Of course, there is a bit of irony in that Palin is against sex ed in public schools, so there is that.

What I don't like is that Palin seems completely unaware that political life as the VP of the United States of America will take her away from her 5 kids almost full time for the next four years should the be elected. One of her children is only 4 months old AND special needs, as well as a teen daughter in need, and a soon to be born grandchild. As a mother myself, I could not IMAGINE taking a job like VP with that many family responsibilities. Call me crazy, but I think she's doing her family and children a HUGE disservice. A grave one.

Family values my butt... anyone that chooses to take the VP job who has responsibilities and family challenges like she has is a self-centered person who cares not about family at all.

I completely agree!

This is my view/concern;

The 'spinners' are saying how wonderful it is that she chose to keep the baby, maybe, just maybe, if her Mother wasn't popping siblings out left & right, fighting her Sister's divorce battles, hunting Moose for din-din, selling planes and whatever other time consuming details being the Gov. of Alaska entails, Not to mention her dad out, what is it, snowmobiling professionally? Maybe Bristol would have had more of the interaction/time spent with her Parent's needed to have curtailed this event and the 'acts leading up to it'.

I'm not bashing working Women. And I know (God, do i know!) how secretive and independent teenagers can be, but I live in the heart of Mormon Land, and what I'm hearing is if they had been there for Bristol and 'raised her right' she wouldn't be out sleeping with a boyfriend let alone getting pregnant.

I'm relatively certain that she has the money and power to make sure her kids are much better cared for than the average person whether she's there or not.

NONE of this has ANYTHING to do with her policies. Wake up people, pay attention to the issues and policies, and stop staring at shiny things. We are electing a president and vice president, not mother of the year or voting for who's the best soap opera character. Stop being mislead by nonsense and educate yourselves about the issues, then vote accordingly.

but I live in the heart of Mormon Land, and what I'm hearing is if they had been there for Bristol and 'raised her right' she wouldn't be out sleeping with a boyfriend let alone getting pregnant.

That's a stupid statement. You don't know what or how they live. And believe it or not, kids who's parents spend a lot of time with them and teach abstinance or whatever else, and go to church, etc. etc. sometimes have sex and get pregnant too.

But again, this is not a political issue. Vote for a candidate based on their policies and stop being distracted by nonsense. PLEASE. A lot depends on it.

I can't believe you even went there! (I can, actually, but figure of speech)

All he talks about is his Mother and what a wonderful job she did raising him!

Caroline and John Kennedy didn't turn out so bad. They were very young when their father took office. Amy Carter, Chelsea Clinton, etc.

Barack Obama, if elected, will be raising children while on the job.

Somehow, making Palin out to be a questionable mother for seeking office with young children seems............sexist, don't you think?

I completely agree!

This is my view/concern;

The 'spinners' are saying how wonderful it is that she chose to keep the baby, maybe, just maybe, if her Mother wasn't popping siblings out left & right, fighting her Sister's divorce battles, hunting Moose for din-din, selling planes and whatever other time consuming details being the Gov. of Alaska entails, Not to mention her dad out, what is it, snowmobiling professionally? Maybe Bristol would have had more of the interaction/time spent with her Parent's needed to have curtailed this event and the 'acts leading up to it'.

I'm not bashing working Women. And I know (God, do i know!) how secretive and independent teenagers can be, but I live in the heart of Mormon Land, and what I'm hearing is if they had been there for Bristol and 'raised her right' she wouldn't be out sleeping with a boyfriend let alone getting pregnant.

We really don't now if Bristol's parents have always been there for her, just as we don't know how she was raised. As for her father snowmobiling professionally, so what. He's gone for awhile, just as other fathers are who have traveling jobs. As for the mother, well as any working mother can tell you, raising kids is difficult whether your there 24/7 or not. I'm not saying that being the Gov. of any state doesn't entail extra hours, and emergencies that may arise, but I do think it's unfair to state that it's poor parenting. You can be there as a family for your teen, but you know what..They get inquisitive, and alot of pressure from their peers, and all it takes is one weak moment for them. As far as the sex education in schools, I definitely feel it should be there. Too many kids today assume, and are afraid to ask questions. But regardless, the girl is pregnant, and it should have remained a family matter instead of being all over the news. There have been worse things we have read about those in office...

***Steps up on soap box*****

Funny how people view conservatives as ignorant on issues like this!!

I was raised with conservative parents and they taught me all about contraception. I myself didn't ever get pregnant as a teen, but my sister did at age 17 and got married and has been now for 19 years.

Stereotyping conservatives because of this would be just like me stereotyping Democratic/liberal men for infedility (Bill Clinton / John Edwards).

It's life... it happens --- whether you are running for office or not.

***Steps off soap box*****

How many think Al Gore should have resigned from the Vice Presidency and tended to 'family matters' when his son was kicked outta St. Albans School for drug posession?

??? prove it . where has he been ashamed ?

true. so should have clintons affair with monica. that had nothing to do with the jones case.

He went to Africa to get his great grandmother to introduce her as his grandmother. He has only said that his grandmother here in the states was a bigot. Then he said he shouldn't have said that since it wasn't true.

Clinton's affair should have remained private except that the case was about him having sex with anyone who worked under him. In some cases raping them. This is why his lie was important that was important not the sex.

Clinton's affair should have remained private except that the case was about him having sex with anyone who worked under him. In some cases raping them. This is why his lie was important that was important not the sex.

As usual, you are misinformed.

The issue was perjury. There was never a case brought against clinton for rape. The lie was important because perjury is a crime. Clinton was never charged with any crime other than perjury in criminal court.

Although I don't know anything about Obama and his great grandmother in africa, I will assume you are mistaken, as you have been mistaken in every post you've made in this thread.

It's because Palin is being sold partially as the "hockey mom" with a good, conservative family - the epitome of good American family values. This doesn't exactly reflect well on that.

Think, for example, of what the reaction would be if it was Barack Obama's 17-Year-Old daughter who got pregnant.

As for the unnamed young man, while I would hope he genuinely wants to marry Bristol, it really almost doesn't matter if he does or not. You do not p*** off the family of a potential Vice President, especially when doing so would cause the media to turn its eye on you and no doubt kick up a ****storm that would leave you marked forever.

I really dont think it was ever in the minds of the McCain administration to ever try to sell Palin as the "the "hockey mom" with a good, conservative family - the epitome of good American family values." as they were aware of Palin's daughter Bristol being five months pregnant when McCain selected Palin as his VP canidate

You rabid liberals are really scrapping the bottom of the toilet on this one. :no:

WOW and Palin is supposed to be some type of conservative

Her own daughter fornicates and makes b****** childre

Since when is a teenager having sex against conservatism?

It's not so much that she is pregnant as is the hypocrisy of the so called republican claim to being the party of 'Christian family values' while demonizing the left for the same thing.

I found this interesting however - this is the baby's daddy remarks

On his MySpace page, Johnston boasts, "I'm a f - - -in' redneck" who likes to snowboard and ride dirt bikes.

"But I live to play hockey. I like to go camping and hang out with the boys, do some fishing, shoot some s- - - and just f - - -in' chillin' I guess."

"Ya f - - - with me I'll kick [your] a**," he added.

You are so filled with hate you're going to blow a gasket. You need a time-out.

There is no hyprocrisy. She is NOT having an abortion.

kinda like Clintons affair with Monica ?

Oh, gee....great analogy...like Monica's last name was Clinton.

***Steps up on soap box*****

Funny how people view conservatives as ignorant on issues like this!!

I was raised with conservative parents and they taught me all about contraception. I myself didn't ever get pregnant as a teen, but my sister did at age 17 and got married and has been now for 19 years.

Stereotyping conservatives because of this would be just like me stereotyping Democratic/liberal men for infedility (Bill Clinton / John Edwards).

It's life... it happens --- whether you are running for office or not.

***Steps off soap box*****

Who is ignorant? You're completely missing the point. Clinton and Edwards are POLITICIAN'S. This teenager is not. What the hell is wrong with you people?

Edited by Tiggs
Removed Flamebait

You rabid liberals are really scrapping the bottom of the toilet on this one. :no:

Since when is a teenager having sex against conservatism?

You are so filled with hate you're going to blow a gasket. You need a time-out and get back to supporting you liberal terrorist friends.

There is no hyprocrisy. She is NOT having an abortion.

Oh, gee....great analogy...like Monica's last name was Clinton.

Who is ignorant? You're completely missing the point. Clinton and Edwards are POLITICIAN'S. This teenager is not. What the hell is wrong with you people?

I didn't call anyone ignorant ...

And I was talking about Palin (who is a politician) as a conservative parent, and my point was if people were gonna stereotype a conservative politician as being too ignorant to talk to their kids about sex and birth control ... that would be no different than someone stereotyping liberal politicians all cheating on their spouses... get it? :tu:

And btw.. nothing is wrong with me... (only because you asked)

Edited by Nxt2Hvn

You're very wrong on this.

He speaks with great pride about his mother and family.

You go girl fornicate your mother out of office!

by Neognosis:

That her daughter got pregnant is not evidence of poor parenting or of anything else.

In case you didn't know, a lot of teenagers have sex whether or not their parents tell them to or not, whether they are raised catholic, jewish, conservative, liberal, etc. etc.

Sometimes they get pregnant.

The real family value, IMO, is standing by family when they do something to embarass you or hurt your career.

Of course, there is a bit of irony in that Palin is against sex ed in public schools, so there is that.

The thing is, I have noticed too many times, that conservative 'family values' taut no sex ed in schools along with the thinking that it would make sure their children are not taught that it's ok to have sex, and that they can keep that job to them, meaning just teaching abstinence, thinking that would work. Yes, I am aware of teenagers having sex, and I am a parent of a couple of teenagers myself, fully aware that this can happen. Much that I am told, and that I feel that my children are being honest with me, to really think that can always be the case, I would be unrealistic. Even with that, my daughter and I were having a conversation not long ago, about how would I react if she had become pregnant, and would I throw her out, like she's seen of some of her classmates. Of course, I told her I wouldn't and couldn't understand the parents that do. And I would stand behind her, and with that I agree with you about real family values.

It's that from my perspective, what I understand of what Ms. Palin stands for and being tauted as and what is usually the case.

[edit] Republican Party

Since 1980, the Republican Party has used the issue of family values to attract socially conservative voters.[11] While family values remains a rather vague concept, social conservatives usually understand the term to include some combination of the following principles (also referenced in the 2004 Republican Party platform):[12]

Promotion of traditional marriage and opposition to adultery [13][14]

Opposition to same-sex marriage[12]

Support for traditional education and parental involvement in that education[15]

Support for policies that encourage "adoption over abortion"[16]

Support for behavior identified as traditional or moral such as respect, discipline, attentiveness, religious commitment[17]

Support for healthy choices such as a nutritious diet, medical screenings, and physical activity[12]

Support for "abstinence education" exclusively regarding risks associated with early sexual activity such as teen pregnancies and sexually transmitted diseases[12] while not teaching such topics of sex education as human sexual behavior, safe sex and birth control.

Support for policies that are said to protect children from obscenity and exploitation via censorship, among other methods.

{{{{http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Family_values}}}}

She pretty much broke it. I am not denying what she is doing is right, I agree with you. What I am noticing, is that she pretty much failed, in my opinion, she pretty much failed in living the values she supposedly is being represented through her. I'm just saying that I think she's not living the family values that usually is presented as a republican candidate. That is what I find hypercritical.

Please also note, I agree with you on the matter of matters that are family and personal should be private. It's just that, from my perspective of the conservative front, they feel that family matters are not, when it comes to preaching. And here, from my perspective and experience of reading about the conservative 'family values', she's not practicing what she is.

I'm relatively certain that she has the money and power to make sure her kids are much better cared for than the average person whether she's there or not.
And how would that be?

by Incorrigible 1:

Caroline and John Kennedy didn't turn out so bad. They were very young when their father took office. Amy Carter, Chelsea Clinton, etc.

Barack Obama, if elected, will be raising children while on the job.

Somehow, making Palin out to be a questionable mother for seeking office with young children seems............sexist, don't you think?

Good point, and probably should be brought up. And he's running for President! Maybe we should reflect on what we thinking here.

by Nxt2Hvn:

And the thing is, 17 years old is an interesting age if you think about it. Yes, this is the age of a minor, but does that mean that minor graduated high school yet? For all I know, or all we know, Bristol may have her high school diploma already. She turns 18, gets married, and everything turns out alright.