Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Palin's daughter pregnant

pendora

Apparently more than a woman is capable of doing.

*ducks behind SC*

Oh hell no boy.. *steps to the side* You on your own for that one!

Then again.. she *was* the one who asked what the VP does. =P

Dude.. she is just.. not someone I could put my faith of to even be second in command of this country. She's like Bush.. with tits.

And nameing her two children after a freaking NASCAR race track.. OH COMMON NOW!! That's like if I named my non existant kids Maui and Dark.. or Captain and Morgan... or Pyrate and Tattoo.. you get the picture right?

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Stubbly_Dooright

• Neognosis

• danielost

• BlindMessiah

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

IamsSon! SilverCougar! I mean, really!! For shame! I mean, how could you!!?!?

Ok, you guys are funny!! *Te He*

How could I? Oh damn it's easy. I could do so because I can!

i guess it turns out that i have misunderstood conservatism all this time.....

I think you have fallen into the trap (that many of us do from time to time) and simply assumed conservatism stands for a very particular set of values and thatanyone who claims to be a conservative adheres to all of them etc etc

i gotta say.. 16 pages so far and majority of them having nothing really to do with Bristol but her mother and peoples opinions of should a woman have a job (granite the job is considered a high powered position in this country but none the less). The only thing that has every really concerned me about having a woman in such a position is how the rest of the world views woman. Certain countries do not want womens faces displayed in public so I'm sure they would feel just lovely about a woman running such a powerful nation.

People say they want change. Put a woman in the whitehouse pres or vp. People should know by now that woman think diffently then men. Could be interesting, could be great, could be disasterous but only one way to truely find out.

(please keep in mind that these are just the thoughts and opinions of a semi-educated young man when your using that quote button to slice away at me ;) )

i gotta say.. 16 pages so far and majority of them having nothing really to do with Bristol but her mother and peoples opinions of should a woman have a job (granite the job is considered a high powered position in this country but none the less). The only thing that has every really concerned me about having a woman in such a position is how the rest of the world views woman. Certain countries do not want womens faces displayed in public so I'm sure they would feel just lovely about a woman running such a powerful nation.

I disagree. Both Great Britain and Germany (among the largest economies in the world; Germany was #3 for a long time until China usurped its position) have had female leaders without a large fraction of the world holding them in contempt or less regard for it. Granted, neither of these is nearly as powerful in terms of its effects on the world, but it's a matter of scale rather than fundamental quality.

People say they want change. Put a woman in the whitehouse pres or vp. People should know by now that woman think diffently then men. Could be interesting, could be great, could be disasterous but only one way to truely find out.

Keep in mind that women who rise to the top political offices in a democratic republic like the United States tend to share a common set of characteristics with the men who do so, so I wouldn't put too much stock in them fundamentally thinking differently. The difference between male and female thought processes is more of a generality; while women in general may think a bit differently than men, not every woman does so. I imagine this would especially be the case in politics, which favors a certain set of characteristics like aggressiveness, organization, hierarchy, charisma, and the like that can cross the gender boundary.

(please keep in mind that these are just the thoughts and opinions of a semi-educated young man when your using that quote button to slice away at me ;) )

Ah, well. Since you were pretty civil about it, I'll be civil in my disagreements. :tu:

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/

interesting timing, all things considered

I find it odd that so many Dems are slamming this woman for having an unmarried teen aged pregnant daughter. They act as if that's never happened in a Democratic household or something. And what if she didn't stand by her daughter? Would that make them happier? No. They'd hone in on that and tear her up too. She's damned if she does and damned if she doesn't.

Apparently more than a woman is capable of doing.

*ducks behind SC*

Oh no, I very much believe a woman can be VP or even President, absolutely, and the right gal could do a bang up job too. Someone like Hiilary who can focus on her career and the needs of the nation pretty much unemcumbered (although, I'm no fan of Hilary, don't mistake me on that one). Palin has FIVE kids, one disabled and only 4 months old. She has a 17 year old daughter that's going to need her mother desperately here in a few months.

Palin isn't the right woman for this job. From my vantage point, she has her priorities mixed up. Or she's woefully in the dark about the demands of the position she could potentially be in. If she doesn't care that she won't have the time to properly mother her 5 children, then fine, she can say that and I'll know what her priorities really are. If she could explain how her young family would be cared for during her essentially 4 year absence, then fine. But she's painting an unrealistic picture of the "Bring Home the Bacon and Fry it in a Pan" mentality of the womans movement. It's not unrealistic for most families, but she would be taking on one of the second most demanding job in this nation... she could bring home the bacon for sure, but frying it in a pan too is going to be difficult, if not impossible.

While everyone agrees that it is a personal matter and not be in politics, we already have more than 200 replies on there thread and it seems it will out last the election. ^_^

Because everyone does not agree. They claim they do, but then they go on to state that they don't think she should have the job because of her kids. Ridiculous. Talk about telling other people how to live their lives.....

When the females of the world said we want a woman we meant Hilary, there were things about her i disagreed with but that did not take away form her resume that she was one hell of a mother, who has raised an amazing young lady by all standards..... she has been in politics the majority of her life she was in the white house for 8 years and holds a degree from Yale.and on and on her experince was astounding ..

unfortunately Sarah Pallin at this time does not hold this sort of experience base...2 years as the major of alaska a state of 300 people ....indicates sheltered and green.. she has traveled very little in her life...

the one area that could speak of her isnt IMO, I'd concur with MW is she addressed her family in a practical matter i'd be willing to listen.....

but as a mother myself and once a working mother to boot ( I owned a business) I am not into the BS, i know what it takes and I know who comes up short I know of familys with 4 and 5 kids and they home school mom stays home but if one thing goes wrong the kids get put on hold...... our children are our future need i say more.......its hard to raise one kid let alone 5 and one of them pregnant and a baby with downs syndrome...... I am gonna need to hear from this canidate how she intends to manage it... simple as that ...

this is a public servant job and I will be asking questions..

When the females of the world said we want a woman we meant Hilary, there were things about her i disagreed with but that did not take away form her resume that she was one hell of a mother, who has raised an amazing young lady by all standards..... she has been in politics the majority of her life she was in the white house for 8 years and holds a degree from Yale.and on and on her experince was astounding ..

Hillary had NO political experience before being elected to the senate. Being a good mother is NOT material for a political resume. Besides, you don't know what kind of mother she is, or really what kind of daughter her kid is.

its hard to raise one kid let alone 5 and one of them pregnant and a baby with downs syndrome...... I am gonna need to hear from this canidate how she intends to manage it... simple as that ...

She is not running for the job of "mother." she is running for VP, and how she is as a mother has NOTHING to do with that.

As long as we keep electing our politicians based on irrelevant things, we will continue to elect the wrong people.

I'm done with this ridiculous discussion. Some people just won't get it and we'll keep making the same mistakes over and over again.

unfortunately Sarah Pallin at this time does not hold this sort of experience base...2 years as the major of alaska a state of 300 people ....indicates sheltered and green.. she has traveled very little in her life...

I guess a small-town mayor is sort of like a "community organizer," except that you have actual responsibilities. I might add that in small towns, we don't quite know what to make of a candidate who lavishes praise on working people when they are listening, and then talks about how bitterly they cling to their religion and guns when those people aren't listening.

We tend to prefer candidates who don't talk about us one way in Scranton and another way in San Francisco.

As for my running mate, you can be certain that wherever he goes, and whoever is listening, John McCain is the same man. I'm not a member of the permanent political establishment.

And I've learned quickly, these past few days, that if you're not a member in good standing of the Washington elite, then some in the media consider a candidate unqualified for that reason alone.

But here's a little news flash for all those reporters and commentators: I'm not going to Washington to seek their good opinion - I'm going to Washington to serve the people of this country. Americans expect us to go to Washington for the right reasons, and not just to mingle with the right people.

Sarah Palin, September 3, 2008

Hillary had NO political experience before being elected to the senate. Being a good mother is NOT material for a political resume. Besides, you don't know what kind of mother she is, or really what kind of daughter her kid is.

She is not running for the job of "mother." she is running for VP, and how she is as a mother has NOTHING to do with that.

As long as we keep electing our politicians based on irrelevant things, we will continue to elect the wrong people.

I'm done with this ridiculous discussion. Some people just won't get it and we'll keep making the same mistakes over and over again.

I agree with you, Neo. It also makes it sound like a man is useless as a parent. I've know many house husbands that have done a great job raising the family.

This 'she should be a stay-at-home Mom" crap coming from DEMOCRATS is so jaw-dropping in its blatant hyposcisy that the Damn dems don't even SEE it!!!!

Proof that all Dem's "beliefs" in their "sacred principals" is a mile wide and an inch deep! HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!

Dam Dem's would pimp-out HILLARY if they thought it would benefit them!!!!!

I vote democrat, and I've been one of the only people defending this woman. Her platform is abhorent and reason enough to keep her out of office without this ridiculous nonsense.

As usual, you are misinformed.

The issue was perjury. There was never a case brought against clinton for rape. The lie was important because perjury is a crime. Clinton was never charged with any crime other than perjury in criminal court.

Although I don't know anything about Obama and his great grandmother in africa, I will assume you are mistaken, as you have been mistaken in every post you've made in this thread.

No not rape. sexaul harrasment. That is the case he lied in court on.

And some poster said "..the reason the women of the Country want Hillary...."

Oh really? All women want Hillary??????

Some women may NOT have gotten THAT memo!!!!!

:P

And some poster said "..the reason the women of the Country want Hillary...."

Oh really? All women want Hillary??????

Some women may NOT have gotten THAT memo!!!!!

:P

I know I didn't... and if I had.. I would have thrown it away!! :tu:

I know I didn't... and if I had.. I would have thrown it away!! :tu:

That makes two of us... :tu:

That makes two of us... :tu:

Hey Michelle... you know I couldn't stay away from UM during election time!

Three of us would have thrown it away...

the one area that could speak of her isnt IMO, I'd concur with MW is she addressed her family in a practical matter i'd be willing to listen.....

but as a mother myself and once a working mother to boot ( I owned a business) I am not into the BS, i know what it takes and I know who comes up short I know of familys with 4 and 5 kids and they home school mom stays home but if one thing goes wrong the kids get put on hold...... our children are our future need i say more.......its hard to raise one kid let alone 5 and one of them pregnant and a baby with downs syndrome...... I am gonna need to hear from this canidate how she intends to manage it... simple as that ...

this is a public servant job and I will be asking questions..

The females of the world???? The females of the world? Hilary was running for President of the UNITED STATES not WORLD Dictator! And apparently not even all the women belonging to the Democratic Party wanted her as President! An amazing mother? Really? She taught her daughter by example that it's OK for a man to CHEAT on you in front of the whole country. That it's OK for a man to treat you like trash so he can satisfy his sexual desires. An amazing mother? Give me a break!

You know, Sheri, given how many times you have stated on these forums that women can do it all and do it better than men, it's so obvious that your only problem with Sarah Palin is that she's Pro-responsibility, Pro-life, Pro-guns, Pro-drilling, Pro-low taxes.

The females of the world???? The females of the world? Hilary was running for President of the UNITED STATES not WORLD Dictator! And apparently not even all the women belonging to the Democratic Party wanted her as President! An amazing mother? Really? She taught her daughter by example that it's OK for a man to CHEAT on you in front of the whole country. That it's OK for a man to treat you like trash so he can satisfy his sexual desires. An amazing mother? Give me a break!

You know, Sheri, given how many times you have stated on these forums that women can do it all and do it better than men, it's so obvious that your only problem with Sarah Palin is that she's Pro-responsibility, Pro-life, Pro-guns, Pro-drilling, Pro-low taxes.

WOW... just WOW!!!!! :w00t: Bravo! Bravo!

:tu:

IamSon, my favorite part was "2 years as the major of Alaska a state of 300 people". :lol: