Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

pennsylvania werewolf

CANDIDPETS

Did anyone read that apparently true story in history of the girl that encountered a werewolf while tending to sheep in Pennsylvania? Is there any truth to it? Or was it totally made up?

• Like 1

Thats what i am wondering also I read the story from a magazine my friend had a long long time ago and I just remembered it! My friend told me they read that same story in a book

It goes like this a boy that saw this take place writes about it years later of a little girl in PA that was having serious trouble with wolves and she had to watch over the sheep by herself as her parents were always away

anyway this guy who was a young man was hired to work for the little girls parents so this is how he got involved

I cant remember much more then that :( all i remember is it took place in the hills of Penn

Google seems to not turn up anything on this either which is driving me INSANE!

Edited by cateyes221981

No, I've never heard of it. Do you remember the magazine title, the article, or any more information? It is kind of useless starting a thread like this if you do not have any more information/evidence except for a faint story at the back of your mind that you heard from an old magazine.

so is reading

I recognize that story...

but I can't seem to find anything on teh interwebz...what magazing did you see this in?

this was the only thing I've found on the net thus far...

linked-image

source

BIGFOOT! Was it trying to climb out of a freezer?

Sorry.

But I mean, it walked more "upright" than an ape, but if it was dark how could you be sure? Why does it have to be a werewolf? Wouldn't you see a nice, long, muzzle and pointed ears? Wouldn't it be howling at the full moon? For all they know, it could have been some paranoid hiker that needed to shave.

Well, interesting, I guess. Not saying it isn't true or trying to make fun of them - I'm just saying how I don't like it when people automatically assume that it's a werewolf. It could have been a number of other things.

But thanks for the sighting, interesting if nothing else.

yeah, I know it ended up being more of a bigfoot sighting than anything...but the terms werewolf and pennsylvania were both mentioned, and that's all I could find on the net in that respect.

Reminds me of the American Werewolf episode of MonsterQuest. Kept comparing all the sightings to ape-like beings.

Quite a load of crap. What's the fun in having a werewolf abound if all you're going to do is call him a Bigfoot? Think of how he feels! :(

Never heard the story but I will say they are possible at the very least and undesirable at their very best.

Edited by Saru
Removed response to deleted post

but I will say they are possible at the very least and undesirable at their very best.

I am afraid that they are not possible at all. The closest someone is going to get to being a werewolf is for them to imagine they are, other than that they are fantasy and will always remain that way.

Did anyone read that apparently true story in history of the girl that encountered a werewolf while tending to sheep in Pennsylvania? Is there any truth to it? Or was it totally made up?

those two things never go together, and should give it away.

therefore, you know te story was false. the girl might have a seen a wolf, thats all.

Never heard the story but I will say they are possible at the very least and undesirable at their very best.

hmm, interesting...so how the hell did you come to that conclusion anyways?

I that that I have said this before... but incase I haven't... People believe in bigfoot because he's an ape. People can't believe in the werewolf because people play them out to be a wolf when in all actuality they seem to resemble a baboon more. Elongated forearms long snout. That's just my two cents... and No I have not heard about werewolves in PA. But then again only thing I know about PA is that they make a lot of steel and the constitution was written there.

I that that I have said this before... but incase I haven't... People believe in bigfoot because he's an ape. People can't believe in the werewolf because people play them out to be a wolf when in all actuality they seem to resemble a baboon more. Elongated forearms long snout. That's just my two cents... and No I have not heard about werewolves in PA. But then again only thing I know about PA is that they make a lot of steel and the constitution was written there.

This case is about a timber wolf nothing more and werewolf cases in the USA tend to resemble more descriptions of a babbon like creature(if not an actual escaped babbon) like the dogman

post-76428-1220887981_thumb.jpg

I have heard that one and it is not true it was just a plain old timber wolf ^,...,^

chances are, you just Summed up and explained Every werewolf attack, that ever happened. :tu:

Edited by Agent. Mulder

• 3 weeks later...

I have not, though this did remind me of a story I heard long ago, but I can't remember if it was fiction or if it was claimed to be true... It was (my memory is a little fuzzy of this story, but I'll try my best) about a farm where all of the animals begun to die, and they had been ripped apart and fed upon. One day a group of villagers saw the gastly beast who had attacked their livestock. They quickly attacked it, forcing it to the ground and giving it many wounds. As it was night time and the full moon was up, they thought of it as a werewolf. They tied it up and were about to burn it at the stake, to rid the world of it's evil, when the wolfman spoke. It begged for forgiveness, and the villagers started to believe it wasn't evil, it was harmless. Then a girl who lived at the farm it had killed the livestock of came up to it and said to the villagers to leave it alone, it was only hungry, when the wolf reached it's head down and ripped out the girls throat, it's eyes crazed. The villagers immediately burned the creature, and buried the poor girl.

The story doesn't go exactly like that, but it's the basic story. Anyone heard of it?

I do believe that you're refering to the Northumberland Werewolf case of 1899, involving a young shepherd girl named May Paul and an elderly hermit who was rumored to be a werewolf (I don't have his name.) He watched over the girl but did not interact with her, while wolves took their toll on the neighboring flocks, they never bothered May's. Then one night a hunter spotted an old wolf sulking near by and shot it for the bounty, however it was too dark for him to find it, so he waited until the next morning. Instead of finding the wolf at the end of the blood trail he found the old hermit.

I do believe that you're refering to the Northumberland Werewolf case of 1899, involving a young shepherd girl named May Paul and an elderly hermit who was rumored to be a werewolf (I don't have his name.) He watched over the girl but did not interact with her, while wolves took their toll on the neighboring flocks, they never bothered May's. Then one night a hunter spotted an old wolf sulking near by and shot it for the bounty, however it was too dark for him to find it, so he waited until the next morning. Instead of finding the wolf at the end of the blood trail he found the old hermit.

Were you referring to the OP's story or mine? And that story sounds really interesting, I'd love to read into that.

Were you referring to the OP's story or mine? And that story sounds really interesting, I'd love to read into that.

Sound like two different stories to me, the villagers assumed it was a werewolf in Kar-zid's and in the yours the hunter actually shot and followed the blood to an old hermit.

Sound like two different stories to me, the villagers assumed it was a werewolf in Kar-zid's and in the yours the hunter actually shot and followed the blood to an old hermit.

I remember for sure that they were about to burn it and had it tied to the stake.