Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
CANDIDPETS

Marysburgh Vortex and the Sophiasburg Triangl

CANDIDPETS

Hello

Has anyone heard of this? Apparently its a portal to the supernatural world and is the Bremuda Triangle of the North! I can't find much info on it? I live really close but I am way to scared to go there! Even with a couple of friends! Ghosts I can handle but a portal to them? NO way! I was hoping someone would be brave enough to check it out and report back?

It is in the south east end of prince edward county

I heard about this by word of mouth and can't seem to find any information on google when I type it in!

I have this:

Prince Edward County: No scene could be more tranquil than that of gentle waves lapping against the midsummer coves of pastoral Prince Edward County, yet no water could be more terrifying than the stormy swells that slam against its shores in October and November. At least 2/3 of the shipwrecks that occurred on Lake Ontario during the schooner and early steam era took place between Point Petre and the Main Duck Islands, leading to speculation about a mysterious "Marysburgh Vortex." Today, over 50 known wreck sites lie beneath the surface near the County's southern shore. Hundreds of people - skippers, crews and passengers -perished in Lake Ontario's sudden gales, often within sight of safety and salvation. Their watery resting places include:

• The Annie Falconer -Well-preserved, this 2-masted schooner sits upright in 25 metres of water, between the False Duck and Timber Islands. She sank in November of 1904, while carrying a cargo of coal.

• The Olive Branch - Much of the equipment is still on board this intact wreck, resting in 30 metres of water near False Duck Island. Her captain and crew went down with her on the night of September 30, 1880.

• The John Randall - The crew of this steam barge survived when their vessel sank in November of 1920 in School House Bay off Main Duck Island. Their families had given them up for lost, when they were discovered safe in the care of the Island's lighthouse keeper.

BUt thats it which isn't much!

Edited by cateyes221981

Lonecat

If you are THAT interested (and I certainly am) you should get a well-organised group together and explore the area yourself. If you would finance my passage and expenses I would go there myself (in a small group). Unfortunately, I live over here in Europe. :rolleyes: You say you live close to that place so come on! Where is that intrepid spirit of the explorer? You go there with a group of friends or mature people who know their way around such places and report back to us! B)

Corp

Sounds like the "vortex" is in the water so as long as you don't go out in a rowboat you should be fine. And never heard of it myself.

darkbreed

So some ships sank and they are still there? If it was a vortex functioning as a portal to some other dimension, wouldnt the boats be gone? Regarding people drowing on the ocean it is not so uncommon they are not found, specially back then over 100 years ago when they didnt have the means to search for them as we do today.

-EA

saturnrings
Hello

BUt thats it which isn't much!

i have to admit thats the first time that i hear about a portal...from my readings i came across an info saying that, the accidents there, are due to a magnetic field of the planet and some tectonic plate meets with another plate.

i do not believe that portals exists not on this planet, but however i have come across the theory that when some ley lines meet, the create an energetic vortex and your thoughts can instandly materialse.

-they called co ordination points according to Seth books-.

i have experienced this personally and i was stunned with the swiftness of it.

Edited by saturnrings

rassy

Are you talking about the Great Lakes Triangle? Lotsa strange things happening there....

Here's a link with more links of the strange phenomenon, at the bottom of the article there.

Great Lakes Triangle