Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sarah Palin: Extremist

Lt_Ripley

Clinton has worked hard for where she is now. Shes a million times more intelligent than Palin. Stop judging people frm the gender and starting looking at them as what they are. There are plenty of republicans much more qualified than Palin, but they chose her because of Feminist extremists.

Then tell us one executive position that Hillary have held?

I mean who is she if not for Bill?

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SoCrazes

• MasterPo

• BlindMessiah

• Lt_Ripley

Then tell us one executive position that Hillary have held? I mean who is she if not for Bill?

A senator....? Not executive but neither is McCain...

Edited by BlindMessiah

Then tell us one executive position that Hillary have held?

I mean who is she if not for Bill?

what does executive experience have to do with foreign policy? Being a president?

Seriously, the only people who have experience being President are incumbents, and that's why they almost always win! Is that too simple for people to understand?

Seriously, the only people who have experience being President are incumbents, and that's why they almost always win! Is that too simple for people to understand?

Not entirely true. A governor would have more executive experience.

what does executive experience have to do with foreign policy? Being a president?

You claim Hillary is a million times smarter than Palin, then you tell me what executive position has Hillary held?

Has she ran and manage a City or a State?

Nope, all she did was failed business ventures, got lucky for being the first Lady and drew a universal healt care plan that no one bought into, became a Senator for running in a district she just moved in for it is where she can win, not much accomplishment as a Senator, ran for President and failed as well.

That is a million times smarter???

Sarah Palin: Extremist

8/29/2008

Here are some extremist positions by Palin:

She’s against abortion, even in cases of rape and incest.

She supports teaching creationism in schools.

She denies global warming and opposed listing polar bears as an endangered species because it might prevent off-shore drilling.

Speaking of drilling, she supports drilling in ANWR.

I guess not surprising, Palin is in big oil’s pocket.

http://www.alternet.org/story/96945/theocr...on/?page=entire

http://madwombat.wordpress.com/2008/08/29/...alin-extremist/

-Palin is currently in the middle of a controversial gas pipeline project in Alaska. She’s favored the ‘Trans Canada’ proposal that will run the pipeline through Canada, in effect shipping US jobs over the border. Many Alaskans, including former governors, have favored the “All Alaska Route”.

-She is also suing the federal government over listing the polar bears as a threatened species. The science was even compelling enough to convince the Secretary of the Interior that the bears needed to be listed. But acknowledgement of this issue, and the potential disruption to development on Alaska’s oil-rich north slope spurred Palin to attempt to stop the listing.

Does she want to open ANWR? Yes. Every politician in Alaska wants to open ANWR. It’s basically a requirement if you ever hope to get elected for anything. Even Mark Begich, the progressive Democrat running against the indicted Senator and Alaskan institution Ted Stevens, is pro-drilling. That’s the sea we swim in up here. There are a few anti-drilling folks, but you have to look hard to find them, and work hard to have them admit it.

Will all this wash with voters in the ‘Lower 48′? Time will tell.

cont to troopergate

http://mudflats.wordpress.com/2008/08/29/w...ns-perspective/

to women taking birth control ? Here's the group thinking Palin belongs too -

It also appears that Sarah Palin is a member of a misnamed group called Feminists for Life. FFL in fact engages in "cultural appropriation" of women's suffrage icons to promote a very woman-unfriendly agenda that--despite attempts to sound "not like those crazies in Operation Rescue"--would not only criminalise abortion but the IUD and hormonal birth control methods, and potentially everything outside the rhythm method (the term "abortifacient birth control" is a codephrase in the dominionist "pro-life" community for hormonal birth control--partly due to a unique urban legend claiming "the pill" and other hormonal birth control causes abortion and partly because of a unique definition of pregnancy beginning at conception rather than at implantation (the latter is what most mainstream OB/GYNs use) and thus making anything preventing implantation potentially "abortifacient").

- she'd leave you with only the rhythm method. lol good luck with that. More on her religion/beliefs here.

Palin and the neopentecostal dominionists

And troopergate is FAR from over.

Take a few hours off, and see what happens? Apparently it’s not possible to blink these days without missing the latest bit of Palin drama. While I was out snapping photos of the governor’s home town of Wasilla and its environs, the state of Alaska was busy running an errand for Sarah - finding her a lawyer Yes, she’s lawyered up. And the sparks are flying already.

It all goes back to Troopergate. If you need to consult the Troopergate Primer, go to http://mudflats.wordpress.com/2008/08/29/w...ns-perspective/

http://mudflats.wordpress.com/

cont........

http://mudflats.wordpress.com/

I think I'm in love!!!

true the republican party did not select Palin. Supposedly many aren't happy in high places at the choice. Many wanted Romney.

liberals aren't scared we're estatic !! If this was to be a help with garnering womens vote ... lol.

We are estatic ..IMO

this is inot the modern woman we embraced in hilary..oy vey....

YUP!

Carter, Reagan, Clinton, Bush were all governors.

Kennedy was the last Senator elected for office.

Um...I said, "the only people who have experience being President are incumbents." Or were you trying to live up to your handle, BlindMessiah? :lol: (I kid, I kid!) :wub:

Being President of the United States is fundamentally different from being Chief Executive of one of the least populated states in the Union. ALL experience for President is only potential experience, all real training is on the job. Does that mean that one canditate can't be more qualified than another for any number of reasons? Of course not. But it also means that "executive" experience in any other office per se, does not automatically make someone more qualified for POTUS than someone with none.

By that argument, Jimmy Carter was more qualified for the Presidency than any of the candidates currently in the race!

The Republican party didn't select Palin, that was John McCain.

Not really. McCain was reportedly set on Lieberman as little as ten days ago. Then he was reminded that he's a prisoner to his rabid rightwing base. So he went with an anti-choice creationist.* Unfortunately he seems to have missed her record of bankrupting the town she was mayor of (not to mention raising regressive sales taxes), going hog wild with the pork McCain hates oh so much, her buddy-buddy relationship with Ted Stevens, her membership in the secessionist Alaska Independence Party, and who knows what else? At least we can finally kill the meme that McCain is some sort of maverick with good judgment. He doesn't even make his own choices.

*Before someone objects that she's not a Creationist (and I'm not sure how much we know about that), if she holds a policy position that says Creationism should be taught alongside actual science in schools then she is effectively a Creationist. Her policy beliefs are more important than her personal beliefs and she's dead wrong on this one.

Bush Sr had the most experience and was the most qualified of any president going into the job. That does not mean I supported him nor that someone with the most experience is the most qualified especially when we might disagree with their platforms.

Um...I said, "the only people who have experience being President are incumbents." Or were you trying to live up to your handle, BlindMessiah? :lol: (I kid, I kid!) :wub:

Being President of the United States is fundamentally different from being Chief Executive of one of the least populated states in the Union. ALL experience for President is only potential experience, all real training is on the job. Does that mean that one canditate can't be more qualified than another for any number of reasons? Of course not. But it also means that "executive" experience in any other office per se, does not automatically make someone more qualified for POTUS than someone with none.

By that argument, Jimmy Carter was more qualified for the Presidency than any of the candidates currently in the race!

I know what you said. But I think there are differing degrees of experience. While it's true only former presidents can actually know, a governor would know more than a senator.

YUP!

Carter, Reagan, Clinton, Bush were all governors.

Kennedy was the last Senator elected for office.

And in a few months that will change.

I have one kid at home who is a full time endeavor in order to parent him in a way that is quality and is beneficial i have also been a working mother and flet that the ones that come up short are the kids so changes were made..... ..... now , she has 5 kids and the youngest has downs syndrome..I am concerned with how is she gonna take on the demands of the white house , what if Mc Cain dies in office , I am not comfortable that she could take over with the problems we have now and isnt real savvy in them. either .not to say she is inept because till a few days ago I knew nothng of her......... and it concerns me that she denys global warming and is in favor of keeping sex education out of a childs life perhaps is not the best idea as her 17 year old has come up pregnant , ..... my heart goes out to her and her family but it does leave me cause for concern that perhaps she is needed at home....perhaps there are issue there that need her attention and perhaps get that in order and run another time...........

I do not support the Republicans but to say a woman cannot take this or that job because she has a family to take care at home instead is kinda sexist.

I do not support the Republicans but to say a woman cannot take this or that job because she has a family to take care at home instead is kinda sexist.

in a job as demanding as VP it will require 110 percent , at the very least she has alot ot learn.. its fair and a good question.....

you don't have kids, at least I dont think I have read that you have and they require alot of time so perhaps you dont know that some jobs such as when i was a mail carrier required a time commitment that was not compatable with having kids.......so I opted out as it would of been unfair to them and me and I do not have issue with anyone working I work pt but i put my kids first, my job is secondary.....the whilte house is not secondary .......

its called bieng practical....

Looks like a duck, walks like a duck......................are you sure that's not sexist?

GREAT POST. summed up everything about the now desperate republican party. Its a JOKE that they think that they can get all of Hilary's supporters.

I'm pretty sure no one who matters from the Republican party claimed they would get ALL of Hillary's supporters. However:

"Just over one-quarter of Clinton supporters say they're now backing Mr. McCain, up from 16 percent in late June, according to a CNN poll conducted after Mr. Obama announced Sen. Joseph R. Biden Jr., of Delaware, as his running mate. Two-thirds of Clinton supporters are now backing Mr. Obama."

Go

Not to mention they have a whole site dedicated to people who want to vote McCain because Hillary didn't get the nomination.

Hillary Supports now for John McCain

As I said, that obviously isn't taking everyone...but 1/3 isn't bad, considering they're actually wanting to change the party they're voting for...

Edited by Ambriel

Not really. McCain was reportedly set on Lieberman as little as ten days ago. Then he was reminded that he's a prisoner to his rabid rightwing base. So he went with an anti-choice creationist.* Unfortunately he seems to have missed her record of bankrupting the town she was mayor of (not to mention raising regressive sales taxes), going hog wild with the pork McCain hates oh so much, her buddy-buddy relationship with Ted Stevens, her membership in the secessionist Alaska Independence Party, and who knows what else? At least we can finally kill the meme that McCain is some sort of maverick with good judgment. He doesn't even make his own choices.

*Before someone objects that she's not a Creationist (and I'm not sure how much we know about that), if she holds a policy position that says Creationism should be taught alongside actual science in schools then she is effectively a Creationist. Her policy beliefs are more important than her personal beliefs and she's dead wrong on this one.

You forgot firing a fire department official for being a member of the opposite party in said small town, getting sued for it, then getting off because the judge rules that you as mayor have the absolute ability to fire any official even if it's for naked political, partisan reasons.

in a job as demanding as VP it will require 110 percent , at the very least she has alot ot learn.. its fair and a good question.....

you don't have kids, at least I dont think I have read that you have and they require alot of time so perhaps you dont know that some jobs such as when i was a mail carrier required a time commitment that was not compatable with having kids.......so I opted out as it would of been unfair to them and me and I do not have issue with anyone working I work pt but i put my kids first, my job is secondary.....the whilte house is not secondary .......

Wow....12,000 posts and I have never heard of you. I sure like when reasonable people come forward with their opinions. There are so many unreasonable posters I had almost gave up.....not yet.

Edited by Aztec Warrior

Wow....12,000 posts and I have never heard of you. I sure like when reasonable people come forward with their opinions. There are so many unreasonable posters I had almost gave up.....not yet.

She posts mostly in SvS.

You forgot firing a fire department official for being a member of the opposite party in said small town, getting sued for it, then getting off because the judge rules that you as mayor have the absolute ability to fire any official even if it's for naked political, partisan reasons.

What suit? List the information or the complaint if you could please.

LexisNexis is your friend, professor.

Anchorage Daily News (Alaska)

March 1, 2000, Wednesday, FINAL EDITION

JUDGE BACKS CHIEF'S FIRING;

WASILLA MAYOR WITHIN RIGHTS

BYLINE: S.J. Komarnitsky; Daily News Mat-Su Bureau

Wasilla Mayor Sarah Palin says she didn't fire Police Chief Irl Stambaugh three years ago because he supported her election opponent John Stein. But even if it was the reason, she was within her rights to give the police chief the boot, a federal judge ruled.

The police chief serves at the discretion of the mayor, and can be terminated for nearly any reason, even a political one, U.S. District Court Judge James K. Singleton ruled in dismissing most of Stambaugh's claims against the city.

''Palin's lack of confidence in Stambaugh's loyalty to her and her policies for Wasilla provided sufficient justification for her actions . . .,'' he wrote in the decision issued Friday.

Palin said the ruling vindicated her.

''It's really, really good news for Wasilla,'' she said.

Stambaugh, a former Anchorage Police Department captain, headed the Wasilla police force from 1993 until early 1997. Palin fired him in January 1997, shortly after she took office.

That touched off a firestorm among some city residents; they called the move politically motivated. A short-lived group called Concerned Citizens for Wasilla was even formed to consider a recall drive.

Palin contended she fired Stambaugh for not supporting her administration. She didn't hold Stambaugh's support of Stein against him, she said in an interview Tuesday. But getting basic information from him about the department was difficult, she said.

''It was no secret to anybody in Wasilla that he wasn't happy to see a change in the mayor's seat,'' she said.

Stambaugh sued, accusing her of contract violation, wrongful termination and gender discrimination.

He said his contract forbade his being terminated without cause. Among other claims, he said she fired him, in part, for being a man. His 200 pounds and 6-foot-plus frame intimidated the mayor, he said.

Singleton did not rule on the validity of those claims, but said that under state law, police chiefs serve at the behest of the mayor unless otherwise specified by city ordinance. Stein, the former mayor, had worked out an agreement with Stambaugh to forbid termination without cause, but the city council never voted on it, Singleton ruled.

The judge did not rule on Stambaugh's claim that he was protected under a state statute that prohibits discrimination against municipal employees ''because of the person's political opinions or affiliations.''

Stambaugh could file a case in state court to get a ruling on the statute, said Anchorage attorney Frank Koziol, who represented Wasilla in the case. He could also appeal Singleton's ruling.

Stambaugh, who lives in Juneau where he serves as executive director of the Alaska Police Standards Council, could not be reached for comment, nor could his attorney, Bill Jermain.

Not sure why this woman's child getting pregnant is in any way relevant to her being a capable VP--shouldn't that be about her policies and voting record?

Either way--like I have said numerous times--this election will count for ****