Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Arthur Koestler

FinnegansAwake

Has anybody read any of the works of Arthur Koestler?

I am thinking of his famous trilogy of Sleepwalkers, The Act of Creation & The Ghost in the Machine.

Also his last book Janus: A Summing Up, where he summarizes his theories & comes to the conclusion that the human brain is inherently flawed in some way & is now working against our survival rather than for it.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FinnegansAwake

• Set the Fallen

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really... Is it any good? ^_^

Well, I don't know where to start. It is probably best to read The Act of Creation first. Not only does he seriously question Darwinian evolution in favour of a Lamarckian one, he points out that Darwin actually abandoned natural selectivity by random mutation, because of the problem of surplus adaptivity. Not many people know that.

In other words humans, like other animals, are far smarter than we need to be to survive. He also has a theory of Bisociative thought which is an alternative explanation for human creativity. And could explain our consciousness far more thoroughly than other more conventional theories.

It is thought provoking stuff! He writes in an easy way to understand, I think anyway.