Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ghost Hunters tonight! (9-03)

Stormcrow

I haven't watched GH in quite a while. I was actually impressed with last night's episode.

The only thing I found odd was the fact that they trusted the curator to lock the front door rather than check it for themselves.

The EVP's were pretty creepy though.

The one thing I love about GH is that they don't do that FAKE possession crap like some of the other shows. That is soooo phony that it makes me laugh.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Stormcrow

• Plainbob13

• Bootraider

• Porcelain Doll

GH is a docu-soap from the creator/executive producer of American Chopper. hate to inform you folks but there is some bad acting involved. I remember the excitement when the show first aired. I even have season 1 on DVD which I still enjoy watching but sadly I grew tired of all the silly screw ups like a finger in front of the thermal camera or reflections off surfaces. also I do not agree with trying to provoke spirits. unprofessional and silly. it would serve them right if a spirit materialized right before one of them during one of their verbal abuses and have that spirit b**** slap the crap out of them lol. sorry not a believe in the TAPS team anymore. its purely for entertainment purpose.

Disintegration

I like Jay and Grant - they use more science then feelings in their investigations. Who pays for their equipment? I think they might need an upgrade...

~Bootraider

I think that they get a lot of their money from the show and dontations. After the first season, they got a lot of new equipment and moved their station to a bigger, better building (LOLTRAILER)--which I think was from the profit from the show. I wouldn't worry about an upgrade right now, they have some very fancy equipment, and it seems to be doing fine for them. :lol:

I haven't watched GH in quite a while. I was actually impressed with last night's episode.

The only thing I found odd was the fact that they trusted the curator to lock the front door rather than check it for themselves.

The EVP's were pretty creepy though.

The one thing I love about GH is that they don't do that FAKE possession crap like some of the other shows. That is soooo phony that it makes me laugh.

I wasn't really following the door situation either...

GH is incredibly reliable. I agree with you Biff, I love how they don't consult mediums, and rely purely on the evidence they can come up with on their own. I think they did use a medium once (or twice?) before, but it's not a normal thing for them.

GH is a docu-soap from the creator/executive producer of American Chopper. hate to inform you folks but there is some bad acting involved. I remember the excitement when the show first aired. I even have season 1 on DVD which I still enjoy watching but sadly I grew tired of all the silly screw ups like a finger in front of the thermal camera or reflections off surfaces. also I do not agree with trying to provoke spirits. unprofessional and silly. it would serve them right if a spirit materialized right before one of them during one of their verbal abuses and have that spirit b**** slap the crap out of them lol. sorry not a believe in the TAPS team anymore. its purely for entertainment purpose.

Disintegration

You do realize that TAPS is a professional team OUTSIDE of Ghost Hunters, right? They do private investigations for people in need, and only allow the episodes to air that aren't confidential, where the homeowner agrees? They don't do their investigations for the show. They are an honest and reliable group of people, regardless of their producer. Once again, TAPS did not go seeing the show, they came to TAPS. The first season is sketchy because a lot of the investigators are nervous, and that is incredibly obvious--especially with members like Steve and Brian.

You should meet them before you begin to bash them. :/

I've been very disgruntled on ghost shows lately and I have to say that this Iron Island episode of GH was one of its best.

Like the one where they caught the civil war soldier in the heat sensitive camera.

Last night's show was great, with Tango being his usual self :D

I actually enjoy both shows.

GHI.. for all of what people don't like.. you have got to admit, getting to see verious castles and landscapes is very cool. The once castle that was built out of the cave? That was choice.

And though m'boy is very sceptical.. there are somethings on GH that even he can't explain away. *shrugs*

does anyone have youtube links?

Couldn't find any earlier, and we can't get the show in Norway.

we do get MH and Paranormal State though.... O' Joy. :rolleyes:

*cries loudly* I feel asleep in the middle of it! :cry::no:

does anyone have youtube links?

Couldn't find any earlier, and we can't get the show in Norway.

we do get MH and Paranormal State though.... O' Joy. :rolleyes:

http://www.scifi.com/rewind/

Granted they update the new ones a week after they air.. so you'll have to wait for next week to get this weeks episodes.

However, you can catch the ones they have up.

I watch loads of Travel/History Channel--especially Haunted America and Weird Travels--and have never heard of that place before TAPS. I would think it's completely possible they would have never heard of it either. Working, family, ghost hunting, I guess it would sort of draw you away from the tele every now and then.

It was Haunted History: San Francisco, I believe. I'm not positive, because I thought it was one of the other ones, but I know that one has the distillery in it as well.

I'm still not too sure about that episode. I mean, if its advertised as having that stuff there, I can't imagine it being hard to have run across information on it before going all the way out there. I believe someone that lived near it was the one that made the comment about everyone knowing the stuff was there. Then the show I saw on the history channel explained how it was all advertised as being there for entertainment, as I said before. I just can't imagine, if someone is doing research on the place, not running across any of that. Now, of course, if you look it up, all you can come up with is stuff from the TAPS episode.

I still like TAPS. I was familiar with them before the show, and they always had my respect. And I love Tango too. :wub: But I was IN that business (not ghost hunting, "show" business) And I know what you have to do when you're under contract. They make sure they're pretty hard to get out of, and its not like you can just rip it up and walk off. I completely trust the group outside of the show, but I understand that during the show, they have certain obligations and requirements that they have to live up to.

The production company will always be in charge of the show. ALWAYS. It doesn't matter who says what, that's just how it is in the business. There are alot of different people that are hanging over their heads pushing for the show to be "good". They're dealing with ALOT of pressure, in other words.

Maybe when the contract runs out, TAPS will be able to do it on their own and still stay with sci fi. Maybe without executives sniveling about ratings, the show will change a bit. I guess you won't know until it happens (IF it happens) though. But I imagine we'd start seeing alot fewer places labeled haunted, and that it would go back to what it was like during the first couple of seasons.

I also like both shows. I love to go explore the castles but we don't have anything like that here. The closes we have are the Missions in San Antonio which is to far away.

I think Tango is crazy as hell but you got to love him. That part was so creepy.

*cries loudly* I feel asleep in the middle of it! :cry::no:

It wasn't that late at nite!

~Bootraider

Anyone think last night's episode was good? The K2 meter is interesting, I'll admit I've had similar things happen with dowsing rods before. I loved their reaction to it--and the EVPs they caught. The one they claimed was the child sounded more like a, "Heelllooooooooo" than a name, or something. The second EVP I thought sounded more like "Hubly", though that'd be a strange name. :lol:

Anyone think last night's episode was good? The K2 meter is interesting, I'll admit I've had similar things happen with dowsing rods before. I loved their reaction to it--and the EVPs they caught. The one they claimed was the child sounded more like a, "Heelllooooooooo" than a name, or something. The second EVP I thought sounded more like "Hubly", though that'd be a strange name. :lol:

I saw it. Course to me it sounded like 'Humphrey". How'd that 9 year old kid die?

-Bootraider

Yep.

I thought the K2 was very cool. Don't we all wish our tools worked that well.

Anyway, it would be a top 15 episode for me. At least at the mill.

It was interesting. I feel bad for the kid though. I couldn't believe that he was replying back to them.

I feel bad for Tango too. Poor guy. Got scared.

It was a good episode too.

I saw it. Course to me it sounded like 'Humphrey". How'd that 9 year old kid die?

-Bootraider

That makes sense. :lol: I definitely heard the "H" in the beginning and the "Y" at the end.

Yep.

I thought the K2 was very cool. Don't we all wish our tools worked that well.

Yes! Don't we all wish the paranormal worked that well. xD

It was interesting. I feel bad for the kid though. I couldn't believe that he was replying back to them.

I feel bad for Tango too. Poor guy. Got scared.

It was a good episode too.

ROFL! I love Tango, that was great. I tooootally saw that coming. Five seconds before it happened I was thinking, "Christ, Steve and Tango. He's going to scare the shttle out of him." And then I blew the hell up--thankfully I hadn't decided to take a drink of juice at that moment. ;D

I'm skeptical of the whole K2 meter thing.... they pulled alot of "information" (where the ghost lived, his age etc etc) from some blinking lights on a device that could easily be manipulated. Dont get me wrong I am a fan of the show, I just dont trust that thing for any reliable evidence.

I'm skeptical of the whole K2 meter thing.... they pulled alot of "information" (where the ghost lived, his age etc etc) from some blinking lights on a device that could easily be manipulated. Dont get me wrong I am a fan of the show, I just dont trust that thing for any reliable evidence.

I've had the exact same results with dowsing rods, and you're pretty much putting loads of faith on these two little sticks (or in the meter's case, a couple of lights). But it would be one epic coincidence, considering they asked the question "are you a boy" several times and at different intervals and got the same response in comparison to asking "are you a girl". It's not viable evidence for a haunting, but it's something to think about nonetheless.

I've had the exact same results with dowsing rods, and you're pretty much putting loads of faith on these two little sticks (or in the meter's case, a couple of lights). But it would be one epic coincidence, considering they asked the question "are you a boy" several times and at different intervals and got the same response in comparison to asking "are you a girl". It's not viable evidence for a haunting, but it's something to think about nonetheless.

I think they need more funds for equipment all around. Almost like the best equipment (thermal imaging camera-do they just have one?!?) goes only to the best investigators?

-Bootraider

I think they need more funds for equipment all around. Almost like the best equipment (thermal imaging camera-do they just have one?!?) goes only to the best investigators?

-Bootraider

They have some of the best equipment that's available. :blink: The funds from the show have helped the team TONS, as far as upgrading, and I don't think they could have asked for anything better. They have a thermal, and use it... all the time. A nice Flir thermal, I'd imagine they have at least two or three even.

Having lots of gadgets is nice, but most people I know are Technologically Challenged! Most over the counter equipment is designed IDIOT PROF to run. But most don't know the principles behind the functions. So mistakes with reading are going to happen.

Having lots of gadgets is nice, but most people I know are Technologically Challenged! Most over the counter equipment is designed IDIOT PROF to run. But most don't know the principles behind the functions. So mistakes with reading are going to happen.

Thing is, TAPS is familiar with their equipment. They're not quite amateurs when it comes to handling this sort of stuff.

SO EXCITED. I'm tired of GHI, I'm soooo ready to watch the real time up and at 'em again! I hear it's supposed to be really good. :) It feels like I haven't watched the original GH in AGES. Anyone else as excited as I am? :lol:

I'm hooked on this show it's really well done and they seem to care about the people they try to help, I like it alot better the GHI.. :tu: