Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Palin's Acceptance Speech @ RNC

acidhead

Im certainly not a fan of the democratic/republican parties presently..

yet, http://edition.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/09/03...ript/index.html

listening to Palin tonight I was amazed at the flat out lies and distorted information she said about Obama..

"let me be specific: The Democratic nominee for president supports plans to raise income taxes, and raise payroll taxes, and raise investment income taxes, and raise the death tax, and raise business taxes, and increase the tax burden on the American people by hundreds of billions of dollars"

"Victory in Iraq is finally in sight, and he wants to forfeit. Terrorist states are seeking nuclear weapons without delay; he wants to meet them without preconditions"

And the sedated audience rose and applauded her for it..

..I almost got sick when they applauded her for defending the Federal Governments decision to remove Habeas Corpus from an individual's rights.

"Al Qaida terrorists still plot to inflict catastrophic harm on America, and he's worried that someone won't read them their rights."

..And the sedated audience rose and applauded her for it..

UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Habeas_corpus#War_on_Terror

The November 13, 2001, Presidential Military Order gave the President of the United States the power to detain suspects, suspected of connection to terrorists or terrorism as an unlawful combatant. As such, it was asserted that a person could be held indefinitely without charges being filed against him or her, without a court hearing, and without entitlement to a legal consultant. Many legal and constitutional scholars contended that these provisions were in direct opposition to habeas corpus and the United States Bill of Rights.

On 29 September 2006, the House and Senate approved the Military Commissions Act of 2006 (MCA), a bill that would remove habeas corpus for any person determined to be an “unlawful enemy combatant" engaged in hostilities or having supported hostilities against the United States”[4][5] by a vote of 65–34. (This was the result on the bill to approve the military trials for detainees; an amendment to remove the unavailability of habeas corpus failed 48–51.[6]) President Bush signed the Military Commissions Act of 2006 into law on October 17, 2006. The declaration of a person as an "unlawful enemy combatant" is at the discretion of the US executive branch of the administration, and there is no right of appeal, with the result that this potentially eliminates habeas corpus for any non-citizen.

The whole world is a battle field for THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.

Edited by acidhead43

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Caesar

• Startraveler

• twpdyp

• Guardsman Bass

Top Posters In This Topic

The policy distortions were expected and not surprising; you expect a kind of looseness about accuracy in any such speech. I was more disappointed in much of her delivery; people claim she's "dynamic" and energetic, but her speech failed to captify and electrify in the way Obama's did.

again, before I add these troubling remarks from her speech ill remind Im not a fan of the democratic/republican parties presently..

Palin made her case as to why she should be vice-president, citing her record as governor of Alaska and, before that, as a mayor of Wasilla, a town with a population of 6,700.

"Since our opponents in this presidential election seem to look down on that experience, let me explain to them what the job involves," she said in the prepared text of her speech, taking aim at Obama, who worked as a community organizer in Chicago as a young man.

"I guess a small-town mayor is sort of like a 'community organizer,' except that you have actual responsibilities."

..And the sedated audience rose and applauded her for it..

I'm right there with you, acidhead43. Making a joke of Habeus Corpus, the central pillar of our Rule of Law! Disgusting. And I can't believe the way the media fell all over themselves with praise of her for reading a snarky, hack-written screed. So she can read a teleprompter. Guess that makes her more qualified than W. at least.

I just came across this on CNN:

The Obama campaign dismissed Palin's speech as "well-delivered" but said it was "written by George Bush's speechwriter and sounds exactly like the same divisive, partisan attacks we've heard from George Bush for the last eight years."

I could of swore I was listening to George Bush while she was speaking..

..I mentioned it several times to friends "that c*** sounds just like that p***k Bush"

..Anybody else notice?..

Do any Politicians beside Ron Paul actually write their own speeches?

Do any Politicians beside Ron Paul actually write their own speeches?

Um, well, Obama tends to write his own speeches. He's written all his major speeches--the 2004 keynote, his speech on race, etc. He and Bill Clinton both wrote their own speeches for the DNC.

Um, well, Obama tends to write his own speeches. He's written all his major speeches--the 2004 keynote, his speech on race, etc. He and Bill Clinton both wrote their own speeches for the DNC.

Obama doesn't write his own speeches. He just plagiarises other people speeches

What i find ironic is that they slam Obama for his limited experience and what do they do - they elect a vice president who has almost NO experience.

They probably hired her to get Hilary, pro women, votes but they believe the total opposite. So if Palin does get Hilary votes, it will only show the narrow minded views of Hilary supporters.

Another twist of irony - 4 years ago the republicans didn't think much of a war hero and now they're using it as a huge positive for McCain.

Jeez, what a fu*#ed up farce this election is - on both sides

Good luck to America for the next 4 years

"Since our opponents in this presidential election seem to look down on that experience, let me explain to them what the job involves," she said in the prepared text of her speech, taking aim at Obama, who worked as a community organizer in Chicago as a young man.

"I guess a small-town mayor is sort of like a 'community organizer,' except that you have actual responsibilities."

Loved it!

You hear that sound? It's a bunch of winning, sniveling Liberals crying, not only because Gov. Palin hit a home run...but did it with style. The Conservative base is fired up and for good reason. She stepped up to the plate and delivered....clearly a rising star.

I didn't see anything unfactual with any of her statements, even if many of you Liberals didn't like them or were offended. :tu:

Community organizer.....WHAT? LOL!

Edited by Aztec Warrior

I was really hoping to hear more substance and what her plans are for helping boost the ecomomy. But I'm sure it will all come out in due time.

Her debate with Biden is what I'm looking forward to. I bet they'll both take off the gloves and come out swinging.

I was really hoping to hear more substance and what her plans are for helping boost the ecomomy. But I'm sure it will all come out in due time.

Her debate with Biden is what I'm looking forward to. I bet they'll both take off the gloves and come out swinging.

She can't have her own plans for the economy as a VP, she needs to support and help implement the President's plan.

You hear that sound? It's a bunch of winning, sniveling Liberals crying, not only because Gov. Palin hit a home run...but did it with style. The Conservative base if fired up and for good reason. She stepped up to the plate and delivered....clearly a rising star.

I didn't see anything unfactual with any of her statements, even if many of you Liberals didn't like them or were offended. :tu:

Community organizer.....WHAT? LOL!

Actually her speach made me even less inclined to vote for McCain and her. *shrugs*

I thought Rudy Giuliani actually gave a very good speech. I don't like him or his policies, but he had several very clever and funny lines.

Loved her speech and love her!!!! Looking forward to hearing Senator John McCain's speech tonight. My vote is already cast. Straight republican ticket every time!!!!

I thought Rudy Giuliani actually gave a very good speech. I don't like him or his policies, but he had several very clever and funny lines.

Is this what we're reduced to, though? Basing our opinion of a speech on how many zingers the speaker fits in and how confidently they get 'em across? Jeez, if that's all it takes then we should recruit all our political candidates from the ranks of ex-anchors and ex-beauty queens. Who needs to know anything about the actual problems facing this country? Giuliani's speech, like all of them last night, was long on snark and short on anything resembling reality.

Is this what we're reduced to, though? Basing our opinion of a speech on how many zingers the speaker fits in and how confidently they get 'em across? Jeez, if that's all it takes then we should recruit all our political candidates from the ranks of ex-anchors and ex-beauty queens. Who needs to know anything about the actual problems facing this country? Giuliani's speech, like all of them last night, was long on snark and short on anything resembling reality.

Bitter? I'll let you cool off.

Like Senator Obama's speech was a dose of reality? Looked more like a rock concert.

Edited by twpdyp

Like Senator Obama's speech was a dose of reality? Looked more like a rock concert.

You make my point, twpdyp. Do you really think it's such a good idea to judge the content of his speech by the venue? And besides, rock concerts are held in stadiums because that's how many folks want to go to them. What are you bashing here, exactly? Success? Popularity? Crouds of over 80,000?

She can't have her own plans for the economy as a VP, she needs to support and help implement the President's plan.

You're right. I should have phrased my post a little better.

I would have liked to hear more about what her " Ideas " are for helping boost the economy.

And it's just my own opinion, but I don't much care for mixing religion and politics. And I get the sense that Palin does.

But I suppose many of her supporters would like to see her do just that. In fact, I know some personally.

You make my point, twpdyp. Do you really think it's such a good idea to judge the content of his speech by the venue? And besides, rock concerts are held in stadiums because that's how many folks want to go to them. What are you bashing here, exactly? Success? Popularity? Crouds of over 80,000?

Not judging the content by the venue, judging the ego by the venue. Judged the content by listening to the speech. National health care for example just who will pay for that may I ask. I got an idea let's pay for that by depriving a few Marines of some body armor, my son is a Marine. Or let's tax big business even more so that they spread the cost to the consumers, hey that is us. I receive my pay checks from big business, I have never received a pay check from a middle class or poor person have you. I listened to Senator Obama, passed the lights, glitz and ego. Did you?

Stop pretending that Obama's speech had any more content than Palin's. They were both low on the substantive content meter. On the style meter I'd give Obama a perfect 10, and Palin an 8 or 9 (even if you disagree with him, Obama is the best orator in modern times). However, I'd give them both about a 3 out of 10 on the substance meter.

Stop pretending that Obama's speech had any more content than Palin's. They were both low on the substantive content meter. On the style meter I'd give Obama a perfect 10, and Palin an 8 or 9 (even if you disagree with him, Obama is the best orator in modern times). However, I'd give them both about a 3 out of 10 on the substance meter.

Her job as vice president to to support the president. So we can assume that her opinions are the same as Senator McCain's. It is Senator McCain's job to fill in the details. Tonight he will provide the substance you crave. But I have to add Just because Senator Obama is a great speaker does not make him a great leader. My opinion, for what it is worth, President Reagan was the best orator in modern times, possibly the best of all time. He was a leader.

Edited by twpdyp

Loved her speech and love her!!!! Looking forward to hearing Senator John McCain's speech tonight. My vote is already cast. Straight republican ticket every time!!!!

Hey there buddy... Long Time!!

Weren't we here four years ago?

Here's to it ending up in our favor again!!!!

~Nxt

Nxt2Hvn Posted Today, 02:57 PM

Hey there buddy... Long Time!!

Weren't we here four years ago?

Here's to it ending up in our favor again!!!!

~Nxt

LOL yes we were and fighting the same battle with different opponents. Glad to see I still have some support, thanks my Friend..

twpdyp

You're right. I should have phrased my post a little better.

I would have liked to hear more about what her " Ideas " are for helping boost the economy.

And it's just my own opinion, but I don't much care for mixing religion and politics. And I get the sense that Palin does.

But I suppose many of her supporters would like to see her do just that. In fact, I know some personally.

Mixing politics and religion is what the right thrives on.