Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Palin strikes back at critics.

Aztec Warrior

Palin strikes back at critics

linked-image

From FERGUS SHANAHAN

in Minnesota

A WEEK ago nobody had ever heard of her.

Today she is the most talked-about woman in the world. And with good reason.

Sarah Palin's sensational performance at the Republican Party Convention may turn out to be the tipping point of this rollercoaster American election.

Obama fans hoping she would fluff her big night were in for a nasty shock.

This speech has turned the election upside down. It was simply stunning.

Democrats and their Lefty media backers had been sneering that she was a small town nobody, a hick from the Alaskan sticks put into a job way beyond an inexperienced woman.

Believe me, you will not be hearing that again.

Palin turned out to be an electrifying mix of intelligence, passion, energy, optimism and plain speaking.

Full of self-assurance and aggression, she popped Barack's balloon big-time.

From the moment she walked on stage in this cavernous bear pit, bandbox smart in cream jacket, trim black skirt and black heels, she proved that John McCain knew exactly what he was doing when he picked her as running mate.

Hair piled into a slight beehive – more Sarah White House than Amy Winehouse – she blinked and smiled behind her geeky spectacles as the vast crowd went ballistic.

For an unpopular party divided over Iraq and struggling to compete with Obama's Messianic glamour, the choice of Palin looks absolutely inspired.

Main Street America will have loved her performance.

And it was seen by 30million voters – the greatest number ever to watch a candidate for the much-derided VP post.

She is popular with voters for the very reason America's snooty political establishment despises her: She isn't one of the Washington gang.

She's a moose-hunting mum of five with a sledge-load of problems behind her own front door that workaday Americans can relate to.

A child with special needs. A daughter of 17 pregnant. A constant juggle between family and career.

As she said, her family has had its ups and downs like any other.

Last night her first task was to introduce herself and her family to an American public incredulous that the unknown Alaska governor could within weeks be a heartbeat away from being their commander in chief.

Compared to the journeyman career politicians dominating both parties here she seemed fresh, natural, one of us and not one of them.

She spoke to America as one mum to another. She cracked good jokes.

What's the difference between a hockey mum and a pit bull?, she asked.

Answer: One wears lipstick.

What will have scared the enemy camp most is the devastating series of prime-time punches she landed on the jutting Obama jaw.

Showing steel beneath her magnolia jacket, she slaughtered his lack of experience, his vanity, his emptiness beneath the windy waffle.

It was the most powerful demolition of the Democrat hero I have heard in two weeks on the US election trail.

The St Paul audience adored her.

When she duffed up the Lefty media commentators for their sexist sneers, the vast crowd roared approval and pointed in anger at the titans of the American press aloof in their special enclosure.

And quite right too: who ever asked whether Obama could still be a good dad if he became president?

The irony, as Palin pointed out, is that liberal media sniping has only succeeded in uniting Republicans behind her.

The wagons have been drawn up and the Republicans are ready for battle.

The McCain-Palin ticket now looks in exciting shape.

A war hero and a heroic mum. Experience and optimism. A man and a woman.

And when McCain joined the Palin gang – babies and boyfriends and all – on stage after her speech there was a sense of cheeky fun absent from last week's solemn Obama coronation.

How the Democrats must be regretting Hillary isn't running with Obama. Barack's sidekick Joe Biden looks a dull old dog compared with the ball of fire that is Palin.

But most fascinating of all, consider this: If Obama loses, Hillary Clinton will run in 2012. Opposing her is sure to be Sarah Palin.

That would guarantee America its first woman president.

And my dollars, having seen both in action here, would be on Palin. Link

Edited by Aztec Warrior

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AROCES

• Guardsman Bass

• HKCavalier

• Startraveler

Top Posters In This Topic

funny how it doesn't address the earmarks McCain didn't like about her pre presidential run ( and as one of his platform arguments - guess earmarks won't be mentioned again)

nor addressed is the ongoing investigation.

According to republican pundants the only balloon she popped in the republican parties.

They disagreed on three earmarks. Big deal.

what else if elected will he ignore ?

I don't predict the future. You might want to check the Metaphysics, Psychology & Psychic Phenomena section.

No more than any other politician has, I'd guess.

what else if elected will he ignore ?

Now it's "if elected," eh? Heh!

Go, Sarah, go!

Palin strikes back at critics

linked-image

From FERGUS SHANAHAN

in Minnesota

A WEEK ago nobody had ever heard of her.

Today she is the most talked-about woman in the world. And with good reason.

Sarah Palin's sensational performance at the Republican Party Convention may turn out to be the tipping point of this rollercoaster American election.

Obama fans hoping she would fluff her big night were in for a nasty shock.

This speech has turned the election upside down. It was simply stunning.

Oh, please. She personally came across as shrill in her delivery, and particularly off-key in the early parts of the speech. Then, of course, there was the vapidity of the content, which seems to consist largely of why she was better than Obama, and such a maverick (yes, such a maverick that she supported the Bridge to Nowhere before she was against it, and mastered the art of gathering federal earmarks for her small town).

Democrats and their Lefty media backers had been sneering that she was a small town nobody, a hick from the Alaskan sticks put into a job way beyond an inexperienced woman.

Believe me, you will not be hearing that again.

Palin turned out to be an electrifying mix of intelligence, passion, energy, optimism and plain speaking.

Full of self-assurance and aggression, she popped Barack's balloon big-time.

From the moment she walked on stage in this cavernous bear pit, bandbox smart in cream jacket, trim black skirt and black heels, she proved that John McCain knew exactly what he was doing when he picked her as running mate.

We'll see. I'll be laughing all the way to the polling box if she ends up actually getting indicted over that commissioner-firing scandal she got herself into.

Hair piled into a slight beehive – more Sarah White House than Amy Winehouse – she blinked and smiled behind her geeky spectacles as the vast crowd went ballistic.

She does have the Sexy Librarian look down pat. That's all I'll give her.

For an unpopular party divided over Iraq and struggling to compete with Obama's Messianic glamour, the choice of Palin looks absolutely inspired.

Main Street America will have loved her performance.

We'll see how long they remember it. Particularly if she then gets raked over the coals, as she is practically asking for considering her spotty records and massive claims.

And it was seen by 30million voters – the greatest number ever to watch a candidate for the much-derided VP post.

She is popular with voters for the very reason America's snooty political establishment despises her: She isn't one of the Washington gang.

Yet her boss is, and she doesn't mind working with him. For that matter, she didn't mind going on a great hunt for federal earmarks when she was Town Mayor, so I'd hold that thought.

She's a moose-hunting mum of five with a sledge-load of problems behind her own front door that workaday Americans can relate to.

A child with special needs. A daughter of 17 pregnant. A constant juggle between family and career.

As she said, her family has had its ups and downs like any other.

I have plenty of nice, normal neighbors. I wouldn't trust any of them with an office as important as the Presidency.

Last night her first task was to introduce herself and her family to an American public incredulous that the unknown Alaska governor could within weeks be a heartbeat away from being their commander in chief.

Compared to the journeyman career politicians dominating both parties here she seemed fresh, natural, one of us and not one of them.

She spoke to America as one mum to another. She cracked good jokes.

What's the difference between a hockey mum and a pit bull?, she asked.

Answer: One wears lipstick.

What will have scared the enemy camp most is the devastating series of prime-time punches she landed on the jutting Obama jaw.

Showing steel beneath her magnolia jacket, she slaughtered his lack of experience, his vanity, his emptiness beneath the windy waffle.

That's funny, coming from the campaign that has basically elevated a Heroic Personality over anything resembling a dedication to good policy or a movement to incorporate people into politics like never before.

It was the most powerful demolition of the Democrat hero I have heard in two weeks on the US election trail.

Oh, please. Hillary Clinton was far more eloquent.

The St Paul audience adored her.

When she duffed up the Lefty media commentators for their sexist sneers, the vast crowd roared approval and pointed in anger at the titans of the American press aloof in their special enclosure.

That's funny when you consider that her boss whored himself out to the press until recently, even jokingly calling them his base.

And quite right too: who ever asked whether Obama could still be a good dad if he became president?

The irony, as Palin pointed out, is that liberal media sniping has only succeeded in uniting Republicans behind her.

The wagons have been drawn up and the Republicans are ready for battle.

The McCain-Palin ticket now looks in exciting shape.

A war hero and a heroic mum. Experience and optimism. A man and a woman.

The funny thing is, if you had listened to Mike Murphy and Peggy Noonan when they were speaking off tape, you'd know why this is a bad idea. Narratives based overtly on personal character, like the above, are a big fat target waiting to be hit by the current media-feed-cycle in its search for scandal. It destroyed Kerry in 2004.

And when McCain joined the Palin gang – babies and boyfriends and all – on stage after her speech there was a sense of cheeky fun absent from last week's solemn Obama coronation.

There was also a tremendous sense of irony, when you consider that this is the same family that Palin's would-be defenders were demanding be "off-limits" from media attention.

How the Democrats must be regretting Hillary isn't running with Obama. Barack's sidekick Joe Biden looks a dull old dog compared with the ball of fire that is Palin.

But most fascinating of all, consider this: If Obama loses, Hillary Clinton will run in 2012. Opposing her is sure to be Sarah Palin.

That would guarantee America its first woman president.

And my dollars, having seen both in action here, would be on Palin. Link

You're joking, right? Clinton, as much as I dislike her, would make mincemeat out of this woman.

Oh, please. She personally came across as shrill in her delivery, and particularly off-key in the early parts of the speech. Then, of course, there was the vapidity of the content, which seems to consist largely of why she was better than Obama, and such a maverick (yes, such a maverick that she supported the Bridge to Nowhere before she was against it, and mastered the art of gathering federal earmarks for her small town).

LOL oh please, I thought she did great, I would pick her over the community organizer any day!

Oh, please. Hillary Clinton was far more eloquent.

You're joking, right? Clinton, as much as I dislike her, would make mincemeat out of this woman.

Hillary is finished, she can't even get the Dem nominee against a community organizer.

You Clinton worshipers had your last shot and it's over now. The Libs and Dem don't like the Clintons anymore, they just got tired of them.

Edited by AROCES

Hillary is finished, she can't even get the Dem nominee against a community organizer.

You Clinton worshipers had your last shot and it's over now. The Libs and Dem don't like the Clintons anymore, they just got tired of them.

Good job on not actually reading my entire post, moron. Notice how I mentioned that I didn't like Clinton? That doesn't mean that I don't think she would make mincemeat out of Sarah Palin, since Palin couldn't get away with using the "ZOMG Hockey mom and crusader for the Good!" saw she tried on Obama in her little spiel.

Well thats all he is, is a community organizer. funny how the left was so hurt by it.

He was a community organizer for 3 years right out of college. That's not the experience he's running on. What you and Giuliani and Palin did was ignore the last 20 years of Obama's public life. It's understandable though: y'all ignore the last 20 years of McCain's public life too!

5 years in a POW camp, then into congress, then the senate and WHOOSH! skip right to the "surge!"

Good job on not actually reading my entire post, moron. Notice how I mentioned that I didn't like Clinton? That doesn't mean that I don't think she would make mincemeat out of Sarah Palin, since Palin couldn't get away with using the "ZOMG Hockey mom and crusader for the Good!" saw she tried on Obama in her little spiel.

Hillary - Failed business ventures, failed universal health care proposal as first lady, failed presidential bid. Only significant accomplishment was running for senate on a district she is not from but purely liberal and a guranteed win for any Democrat candidate.

Palin - City Council, Mayor, Governor and now VP candidate and not because of the husband.

Mincemeat out of Sarah??? You talking about a cat fight then?

Edited by AROCES

Hillary - Failed business ventures, failed universal health care proposal as first lady, failed presidential bid. Only significant accomplishment was running for senate on a district she is not from but purely liberal and a guranteed win for any Democrat candidate.

All the things we Obama Democrats criticized her on. However, since I was referring to her as a campaigner, well, that criticism pretty much falls flat.

Palin - City Council, Mayor, Governor and now VP candidate and not because of the husband.

City Council and Mayor of a small town, which she left in high debt and with a reputation for using "wedge" tactics like the NRA and abortion to get elected. Governor of a state roiling in oil wealth, which she won by knocking off a governor who was a sitting duck that any empty suit could remove.

Mincemeat out of Sarah??? You talking about a cat fight then?

Presumably, yes, although it would have been better had it happened 20 years ago.

McCain himself endorsed community organizing last night in his speech. Let's mock him!

If you find faults with our country, make it a better one. If you're disappointed with the mistakes of government, join its ranks and work to correct them. Enlist in our armed forces. Become a teacher. Enter the ministry. Run for public office. Feed a hungry child. Teach an illiterate adult to read. Comfort the afflicted. Defend the rights of the oppressed. Our country will be the better, and you will be the happier. Because nothing brings greater happiness in life than to serve a cause greater than yourself.

City Council and Mayor of a small town, which she left in high debt and with a reputation for using "wedge" tactics like the NRA and abortion to get elected.

And still got elected as a Governor. That only means your criticism only matters to her opponent.

Governor of a state roiling in oil wealth, which she won by knocking off a governor who was a sitting duck that any empty suit could remove.

And now running as a VP.

Presumably, yes, although it would have been better had it happened 20 years ago.

Hillary has not accomplish much really except win supports from Libs.

McCain himself endorsed community organizing last night in his speech. Let's mock him!

Okay...but I see nothing about, "Become a community organizer, and you will surely be the best bet for the next President of the United States!"

I guess I have to quote from Obama's press conference yesterday:

Q: How is community organizing relevant for the presidency?

Obama: This is very curious. They haven't talked about the fact that I was a civil rights lawyer, they haven't talked about the fact that I taught constitutional law, they haven't talked about my work in the state legislature, or in the United States Senate, they're talking about the 3 years of work that I did, right out of college. As if I'm make the leap from 2-3 years out of college into the presidency.

I would argue that doing work in the community to try to create jobs, to bring people together to rejuvenate communities that have fallen on hard times, to set up job training programs in areas that have been hard hit when the steel plants closed: That that's relevant only in understanding where I'm coming from, who I believe in, who I'm fighting for and why I'm in this race.

The question I have for them is why would that kind of work be ridiculous?

Who are they fighting for?

What are they advocating for?

Do they think that the lives of those folks who are struggling each and every day, that working with them to try and improve their lives is somehow not relevant to the presidency?

I think maybe that's the problem, that's part of why they are out of touch and dont get it because they havent spent much time working on behalf of those folks.

Edited by Startraveler

I guess I have to quote from Obama's press conference yesterday:

I was commenting on your quote to say McCain was promoting being a community organizer, noting it had nothing to do with him saying a community organizer is educated and experienced enough in American politics to run for the presidency.

Of course Obama would endorse it makes him perfectly acceptable, he's the one running.

Edited by Ambriel

http://www.thedailyshow.com/video/index.jh...lin-gender-card

One of Jon Stewart's more brilliant segments (and that's saying something). Talk about knocking it out of the park! These people are shameless. And their fans just don't care. What the heck did Sarah Palin do to make so many folks just give her a pass? At what point would the Republican base balk at the candidate offered them? Trained monkeys? Inanimate objects? My toaster's pro-life, do you think it's got a shot?

In any other context Palin would be dismissed out of hand. Laughed off the stage. As the video shows, if she weren't their candidate, the Republicans would be heaping her with scorn and contempt.

Beware the men who know the lies you tell yourself! They'll own your dreams tomorrow.