Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

My Jehovah Witness Encounter

DreamRebel

Question :

If I were to make in invention that involved a metal plate that looks like a doormat

...which delivers a quick and painfull , yet non lethal electrical shock to whosoever is standing on it when a button is pressed from inside the house...

...would anyone buy it ? original.gif

No.. I have a better idea... what about...

a speaker hanged high (but hidden.. let's say on a tree)... that deliver a message from above:

"behold my child, I'm the Jehovah, your God, the God of David, Isaac, and Abraham. The person live here is a holy man ... thou shalt not bother him anymore ..."

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Babs

• X~File_Agent

• PsychicPenguin

• DreamRebel

As a child I had a very zealous Sunday School teacher who was also a REAL hippy.

She told us "to put a fresh angle on our renditions, man"....so I (being a naughty, mischeveous 9 year old), decided the best "new angle" I could think of was backwards.....I got slung out of Sunday school! wacko.gif

Why do I mention this....it STILL comes in handy...JW's are **** scared when I start my rendition...not sure why! whistling2.gif

Please keep in mind that should we talk about muslims, roman catholics or hindus this way, the board would explode. I hereby ask for equal respect.

Thank you for that. thumbsup.gif

I agree. I worry about saying anything bad about the witnesses or any religious group, it could come back on me. sad.gif I just don't like putting others down like that, either. But I can see where this is coming from... muslims, roman catholics or hindus don't go 'door to door'. original.gif

Edited by Babs

Anyway, I told her thanks, told her to leave her watchtower and I left.

As long as you keep taking her goofy Watchtower Magazine, she thinks you're interested. You MUST be firm with these people, they hear only what they want to....and their perception is definitely WACK!

Tell her to leave your property immediately and take her goofy magzines with her.

I would also be answering the door with my American Pitbull Terrier by my side.

Question :

If I were to make in invention that involved a metal plate that looks like a doormat

...which delivers a quick and painfull , yet non lethal electrical shock to whosoever is standing on it when a button is pressed from inside the house...

...would anyone buy it ?  original.gif

No.. I have a better idea... what about...

a speaker hanged high (but hidden.. let's say on a tree)... that deliver a message from above:

"behold my child, I'm the Jehovah, your God, the God of David, Isaac, and Abraham. The person live here is a holy man ... thou shalt not bother him anymore ..."

that would work better ... grin2.gif

JW's do get a little forward. w00t.gif I guess that's an understatement. They've bothered me and it has driven me crazy, too. I have to admit, they are hard to deal with. grin.gif

You could tell them that they are disturbing you and you feel as if you are being harrassed and want it to stop. Tell them that you don't want to have to call the police. wink2.gif

Edited by Babs

My older brother and sister used to be Jehovah Witnesses.... disgust.gif

I remember they were ripping up all these books because they are fiction and thus doesn't tell the truth. They were THIS close to light a match and set the pile of ripped books on fire!

KayEl...

Yeah, witnesses get their people pretty fired up. Many of them don't have a choice going door to door. I'm not sure, but is it true all witnesses have to go door to door?

When I returned home, I found the magazine at my door and on the steps leading up to the door, were several chalk marks of crosses and wierd symbols. I hosed them down, but I am wondering what da hell was all of that about????

My grandparents are Jehova's Witness', and I can tell you, they firmly do not believe in the cross as a symbol of their faith.

Seriously, if you want to get someone of a religious order to stop knocking on your door, DO NOT tell them that you are wiccan, buddhist, pagan, etc... This only gives them fuel to try to convert you. The best thing is to let them "know" that you've been excommunicated from the church, temple, or in the case of JW's, the Kingdom Hall.

(ok, it's a fib, I know it is, but it works, really)

In order to be excommunicated, it will be assumed that you have done something so heinous as to have your entire church community and God himself turn their collective backs on you. No one in their right mind would come knocking on your door after that.

Cheers- Hope it works for you!

PS...on a side note, while assertively christian, and a little outside the set "norm" these folks are generally decent folks that believe they are giving you a gift by sharing what they see as the truth. Please be kind in the wording you use, after all...we are all people, ya know?

Edited by soulfire78

Thats werid but to make a point Jehovah Witness are ussualy not like that thier accualy nice people i bought a taped bible from them i think porbley cause they are semi annyoing but they always try to get people to join thier faith its a really strict relgion

oh, dont mistake me, i respect the witnessess for beleiving what they do that strongly......if only most roman catholics could be that way.......

Edited by man_in_mudboots

Most witnesses that I have known are very decent people and they are trying to help. They are a zealous lot.

yes i know we should all respect everyones religion and i do...but when it comes to JW's, its mighty hard. well you see, ive been living across the road from some JW people for about 10 years and they're very nice ppl, i mean, im really close friends with the girl who lives there. shes really normal and all BUT when religion comes into things its a whole different story.

ok, heres my story in a tiny nutshell...

when i was 6 i met these ppl, at 9 i became the girls friend. we spent so much time together but then one day, she said to me "Cat, i need to tell you something"..."im not allowed to play with you" (in a kiddy way guys...like chatting and bla bla) and i said "WHY?" and what did she say?...

"well, coz im a JW and you're not, we're not allowed to associate with ppl like you, only JW's, we dont associate with WORLDY ppl" im sorry but WHAT THE HELL?!?!?!?!?!?!?! ohmy.gif

but anyway, we continued to see each other everyday and i was always at her house but you know what? whenever her strict religious dad came home i had to run and hide in the closet...isnt that spectacular?

there was also another JW family living next door to us and these 2 familys knew each other, and the 2 daughters were "good" friends, and let me tell you now, because of them, my childhood was not too cool, they were the meanest, b****iest ppl on the planet to me coz i was a JW, and im telling you guys, you dont get worse. i was treated unspeakably badly...

i mean, ive tried to talk to them about the Satanic truth behind their religion (i did the research, found the disturbing facts...bla bla, who wouldnt after being treated like that??) and they still believe they have the truth and that im the spiritually blinded one, they've said the following things to me in the past:

1. "how long have your parents been together?" the one said, "about 20 years" i said, and she then said "wow, im suprised they're still together coz they're not even in the truth" ohmy.gif

2. "i feel so sorry for you" (the fact that im not in the "truth")

3. when she was talking to one of her friends about a guy that she likes that said something bad about her she said, "well i dont care!!!! he's not even strong in the truth!!!!!"

4. I cant be around you, you're a bad influence

and one last thing, i think its such a cheek for them to say they have the truth? cant they say they have A truth? not THE truth? and the name Jehovah's Witnesses? how could they call themselves that? no offence to any JW's reading this... but i guess they wouldnt be on this site, coz, well you know, it could "influence" them.

[Edit] Post removed

Edited by DreamRebel

I used to read Watchtower and Awake! all the time....and there's a common theme that runs through all the articles.

It often say about horrible things are right now....but it rarely offers any constructive ideas or solutions. The articles would often ends with: Guess what?!! No need to fear! God is coming soon and sets everything aright!!! w00t.gif

Like he didn't messed up to begin with.... disgust.gif

Just because they don't belives in him (billions of buddists in China, Christains, Catholics, Jews, Islam, etc..) .. doesn't mean that he didn't create them.

So your saying god has forsaken 95% of the people he created (excpet your sect)?

God hasn't forsaken them... that 95% of people have forsaken him! thumbsup.gif

There's your answer! cool.gif

*oops almost forgot to mention* (well my answer anyway) wink2.gif

Sorry... I couldn't resist replying to this one! whistling2.gif

Edited by Nxt2Hvn

Yes, they can't associate with worldly people, because it could take them away from witnessing. They do act like they have something 'more' than the average person and seem smug. They have undesirable people in their ranks just as anybody else does. cool.gif

They are hard to deal with because they are so forward and some are even considered aggressive; you hate to hurt their feelings because they are usually good decent people. It presents a problem for the average joe to deal with. I heard that the law allows them to go door to door, but once in awhile, that privilege is threatened. The JW's have to go to court or they fight in court to be able to continue witnessing. (door to door) whistling2.gif

Everyone has a right to be left alone in their own home. crying.gif

Edited by Babs

When Jehova Witnesses come to my house .. most of the time I don't even answer the door... but they always religiously (no pun intended) tongue.gif leave me a little tract/brochure.

And if they happen to catch me outside... I start telling them about my Christian beliefs and offer to go inside and get my Bible (Old King James Version of course) so I can show them why I don't agree with their beliefs.... and that always works like a charm... and they are always ready to leave. thumbsup.gif

Everyone has a right to be left alone in their own home.

I think that's the crux of the matter....people say and think what they do about these people because they come to your home and bother you there...quite frankly, if you no longer have peace and quiet in your own home, then that's when things are getting ridiculous...you can't just knock on a person's door and tell them how to change the way they live tongue.gif

That's where most of the objection comes from...

Having said that, I remember I was walking along the main road in Paisley once, when an old lady came over to me and asked if I could take a JW newsletter up to the top floor of a block of flats for her, as she couldn't climb that many stairs. So off I went, delivered it (since the person wanted to have it delivered, I didn't have any objection), and went back.

At which point she tried to convert me, and get me to come to some meeting blink.gif They seem to work 24/7 at annoying people.

"You seem such a nice young girl, I'd feel better knowing that you would be saved" or some such thing was what she said to me...I don't think "saved" was the word she used, but it's the sorta thing I hear...very bizzare people huh.gif I just gave a "uh...no thanks"...at which point she started following me for a couple of blocks....weird, weird people huh.gif

what makes you think that the religion youve chosen is the right one Nxt2hvn? im just curious, your earlier post sounded like you were sayin non christians are wrong so why?

if i misinterpreted your post im sorry