Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

My Jehovah Witness Encounter

DreamRebel

what makes you think that the religion youve chosen is the right one Nxt2hvn?

I "believe" that my religion is the right one... but that said.. it is also "my" opinion... I am not saying that everyone else is wrong... everyone is entitled to their own beliefs...

I am just very strong in my faith and hold fast to my religious beliefs.

I do believe that it is the right one... and "believeing" is what faith and belief is all about... but I do not judge others that do not believe my way. It is not my place to judge... and everyone has a reason that they believe the way they do.

I just like to state my beliefs... and sometimes I do state them as being fact... but you see in my mind... they are facts. thumbsup.gif

Not meant to offend anybody... believe as you wish. tongue.gif

Edited by Nxt2Hvn

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Babs

• X~File_Agent

• PsychicPenguin

• DreamRebel

lol i was just curious thats all.

You did say that they had "forsaken god"

Arent they all in theory worshipping the same thing.......oh well i dont really care to be honest lol.

Seriously, if you want to get someone of a religious order to stop knocking on your door, DO NOT tell them that you are wiccan, buddhist, pagan, etc... This only gives them fuel to try to convert you. The best thing is to let them "know" that you've been excommunicated from the church, temple, or in the case of JW's, the Kingdom Hall.

Hello everyone, If I would of been at the forums sooner, I would of told you this. I used be a JW myself, so I know everything there is to know about them. Funny, now I'm an atheist.

Anywayz, yes the best way to get rid of them is to say, that you dissasociated yourself. And that's it. They will stop speaking with you, and leave.

Two reasons why this works.

1. When you leave the religion - and it is comunicated verbally you are no longer part of them. They will not speak to you, because they assume you know the "Truth" you just decided not to follow it. Therefore there is nothing else more for them to say to you.

2. They keep track of every home they visit, on a piece of paper. They track, whether it was male, female, kids, if you were interested or not, and what your response was. They use, this to keep track of whether they need to comeback or not. Once it's written on a piece of paper, that you've been dissasociated, they will not come back, because they are not allowed to speak with you. I know, because my wife's family are all JW's, and they cannot speak to us.

I've been out of this religion for two years now, and I've never heard of painting crosses, and praying at the door. However this is the second, time I've heard of them praying at someone's door. So I'll have to ask my parents, who do communicate with me. Or just be bluntly honest. Tell them you have absolutely no interest in speaking with them. Be bold, and try not to sugarcoat it.

Hope this helps. thumbsup.gif

Oh one more thing. They have CULT tendencies, and are very good at manipulating their members. I say this as a warning to anyone who thinks about joining. All I ask is that you truly question, the Bible and their beliefs. Go in with a skeptic point of view.

Nuff said.

Babs

Yeah, witnesses get their people pretty fired up. Many of them don't have a choice going door to door. I'm not sure, but is it true all witnesses have to go door to door?

Only if you are baptized into the religion. If you don't go, you will be looked down on, however they cannot kick you out for this reason.

They have a bible text to prove, why they must go door to door. I can't remember what it is, because I don't care anymore. They feel, that unitl every single person on earth, hasn't been spoken to about the "truth", the end will not come. This is why they keep track of numbers, and how many members they have.

Yes for the most part they are nice folks, however their methods are very questionable.

I personally believe the way to handle the problem is just to call the HOA and tell them that people are leaving religious pamphlets and drawing pictures on your sidewalk and let them deal with the problem. After all it is their problem. They have a policy of 'no solicitation', let them enforce it. thumbsup.gif

you are paying big bucks to live there....make them enforce their policies!

...I know, because my wife's family are all JW's, and they cannot speak to us.

they're whole family wont speak with you becuase of that? does that include your wife too? or just you?

that's pretty crappy to not speak with their daughter becasue she doesnt choose the same religion!

Yest that also includes my wife Nethius. Only her mom will speak to her once in awhile. But the rest of the family doesn't say a word.

Yest it is crappy, however it's one of the tactics they use to get members to stay. By taking your own family away from you. Of course they'll tell you they have Bible reasoning behind this, but if you look at the text they showed. They have completely twisted it, to conform their beliefs.

But I've never felt this much freedom. It felt like I was released from Jail, after 60 years of serving time.

If anyone has any more questions about this religion, I'll be happy to answer them via this post or e-mail or pm.

X~File...thanks for answering my question about the door to door policy. You were right to get out; they do employ cult tactics and I think they are a cult. blink.gif They go way beyond the norm in many things, they know that bible like there's no tomorrow. laugh.gif They are abusive to outsiders... and it's a shame you have to live that way with your family... once the JW's get ahold of you it's hard to break free or get out. They divide families... and they really do think they are the chosen ones and that they will be the only ones saved. You are right when you say their methods are "questionable".

Edited by Babs

Everyone should be careful of a group that isolates their members from the rest of society. ph34r.gif

Edited by Babs

Hey X~File,

Do JW use symbology at all in their rituals? This is what strikes me as very odd about this story as I have known a few JW's and thought they considered this kind of symbology as pagan??

[Edit] Post removed

Edited by DreamRebel

No. JW's do not believe in Symbols. In fact, if someone of their faith, no matter what country and culture where to do this, they would be in violation of their teachings. Whoever was at your door, either didn't follow the rules or could of been a newbie.

They also do not believe in the Cross. They believe he was crusified on a wooden "post".

I hope that answers your question.

Well, the deeper I got into the religion, the more I realized there was something wrong. I guess I just woke up one day, and then I started to question the practices in my mind, of course I had to do this silently or I would of been kicked out. It took me three years of observation, and research into the past of the witnesses for me to make my decision. Once I made my news, it was devastating to my parents and to everyone else around. They told me they would rather see me commit a serious sin, then to just get up and leave, because I no longer see them as having the truth, or how they practice their teachings.

In any case, it's hard to wake up from their brainwashing. Of course the story circualting around the Kingdom Hall(They don't call it church), is that the Internet corrupted my thinking wacko.gif

Also, on my way out. I had to sit down with 6 Elders(priests), bascially trying to convince them of why I was leaving. While at the same time they were trying to convince me to stay. They really make you feel like **** if you try to leave, but if you're strong enough as a person and in your argument. You can walk away feeling victorious. thumbsup.gif

Also, on my way out. I had to sit down with 6 Elders(priests), bascially trying to convince them of why I was leaving.

Heck.. that's crappy. In any other relligion I have to do that if I want to get in. Can't you just pack up and leave??

Yes you can get up and leave, however they will keep talking to you and try to get you to comeback. But I wanted nothing to do with them. I took the step of leaving a bit further than most folks would. By taking that extra step, they will no longer speak with you at any level. Not even a simple "Hi" as you pass them down the street. To them I am as good as dead.

Yeah... you'd think since they were so religious and concerned they would treat people better.

You'd think that they would treat all people better, but they seem to have a disdain for others. That's how I know that there is something wrong with them. whistling2.gifwacko.gif

PsychicPenguin Posted on Mar 18 2004, 07:45 PM

So.. what did you tell them?? (Or is it appropriate to be posted here?  )

No it's prefectly fine for me to tell you. Obviously I told them I wanted to leave, when they asked one. I gave many reasons, but here are just a few.

1. I looked up the word Cult, and read it to them. I said, that is what they were. Not in a bad way, but their tactics are too strong, and I did not agree with them.

2. I pointed out some of thier "Organizational" problems. Their magazines are about as good as reading from the bible(*the magazine, like to twist texts around, and only "quote" what's relevant, and skip the rest of the story, hence taking things out of context*) They have a person who is called a CO(Circuit Overseer), this person is in charge of going around to each congregation, to make sure things are running smooth. Of course like the hypocritest they are, they put on a show for him, and during that one week that he visits, they litterally tell you to be happy even if you're not. And that people SHOULD attend, to make the congregation look good. Not only that, but this dude gets, a new car every year (usually a Buick Regal), since he doesn't work and travels a lot. All of his expenses are paid the congragations he visits. That's right you pay for his living out of your pocket. Sorry, but I work for a living and I made time for God(when I believed he existed), so there is absolutely no reason why he couldn't work either.

3. My primary reason. The punishment you receive for your sins. I don't how they twisted the Bible. When my best friend committed a small sin by comparison to others. He was disfellowshipped. This means, I couldn't talk to him at all, my own best friend. This went on for an entire year. Because the only way you can be re-instated, is when the elders feel, you've been sorry enough. And then of course what's happenning to my wife. Who used to be a witness also. None of her family talks to her because they are JW's. They can call that tough love if they want to. I find this to be one of their biggest mistakes in interpreting the bible. If you believe in a god, that wants to punish you because you don't believe in the "true" religion, but you still have faith in him. Then he might as well be Satan, because that's just evil. No religion or God, should encourage your family to leave you, if you don't want to believe what your family believes.

Actually Babs, when you're new they treat you very well. But instead of trying to help us to come back, they shun us away. Of course I wouldn't take their offer.

Well, that was a mouthful, you can tell I have a lot of bitterness built inside for that religion. My childhood was completely ruined. I couldn't play sports, practice karate, participate in extracurricular activities. Because 1. I would be interacting with the wordly kids. 2. They take away time from worshiping God. po.gif

Anyways, hopefully my long posts don't drive anyone away from this topic. If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask. I can tell you of why they believe in a certain way, without putting my biased opinion. thumbsup.gif

Any religion or group that tears you from family and/or society is bad. ph34r.gif

The JW's are giving and loving toward those that do what they want them to do. cool.gif

• 2 weeks later...

So are you saying it's okay to be a Catholic and give the churches money and worship statues, and all the other religions, but it's not okay for certain groups to do it. All religious groups do the same thing to one another, so you can't just discrimate against one group.

I don't see anything wrong with giving money to any religion... the religious leader need money as well. However there is something unethical for them to use all the money for themself. How many Catholic priest can afford a new car every year? Anyway, I think they always do what they are supposed to do. After collecting all the money, they pray to God "LORD, please take all the money that you want", throw everything up, and collect anything that fall back to the earth. laugh.gif