Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ron Paul On The Colbert Report

BlindMessiah

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BlindMessiah

• Sherapy

• Startraveler

• Incorrigible1

Top Posters In This Topic

i saw this , he is indeed a funny guy...did you see Jon Stewarts interview with Huckabee?? He also is a funny guy....he was so open to poking fun at MCCain...

Yep, Mike Huckabee seems to be one of the nicest nuts in the political realm.

did you see the interview with the blogger that dug up Sarah Pallin on a college assignment...the challenge was to find a elected servant that actually did changes something ..what she changed who knows...that was not mentioned.......and started a sarah Pallin for VP and that is how she was found basically ...... he found her in the most remote and barren country one can live in gosh if there is 10 thousand people I'd be amazed.....

it has one main road which is always under construction it can take all day to go 35 miles......

Edited by Tangerine Sheri

did you see the interview with the blogger that dug up Sarah Pallin on a college assignment...the challenge was to find a elected servant that actually did changes something ..what she changed who knows...that was not mentioned.......and started a sarah Pallin for VP and that is how she was found basically ...... he found her in the most remote and barren country one can live in gosh if there is 10 thousand people I'd be amazed.....

it has one main road which is always under construction it can take all day to go 35 miles......

Ya I heard about him about fifteen minutes after she got announced as vp.

Ya I heard about him about fifteen minutes after she got announced as vp.

i don't really have e time to follow all this I am busy with other things so i just heard about it... :rofl:

i'm trying to :wub: catch up so give me the run down BM...

Not sure I understood your post, but I'll reply anyway.

About the population of alaska (that's the "most barren and remote country", right?) was as of 2007 683,478.

So yeah :P

I watched it last night, all he did was whine.

The Fred Thompson impression by Colbert was freaking hilarious though.

I liked the segment on Giuliani the most. That was more mocking the crowd for laughing at stupid jokes though.

I laughed at the desk he held up :P You've really got to feel bad for his staff that are responsible for finding his props somedays.

I laughed at the desk he held up :P You've really got to feel bad for his staff that are responsible for finding his props somedays.

Yes, where exactly does one find a giant styrofoam cup costume...?

Not sure I understood your post, but I'll reply anyway.

About the population of alaska (that's the "most barren and remote country", right?) was as of 2007 683,478.

So yeah :P

I am in California, there are 33 million alone in Los Angeles lol...

I am in California, there are 33 million alone in Los Angeles lol...

Elitist attitude. Check.

Elitist attitude? Try:

I guess a small-town mayor is sort of like a "community organizer," except that you have actual responsibilities.

I happened to be at a meeting of non-profits and community organizers in Cleveland the Thursday after she gave that speech. They didn't appreciate a VP candidate looking down her nose at them.

Elitist attitude? Try:

I happened to be at a meeting of non-profits and community organizers in Cleveland the Thursday after she gave that speech. They didn't appreciate a VP candidate looking down her nose at them.

And let me guess: Not a one will vote for her. Big whoop.

I didn't appreciate BHO telling the cronies in San Francisco how some of us cling to our religion and guns.

Edited by Incorrigible1

Really?

Tell me:

What are the qualifications to be a community organizer?

Where would I send my resume to apply for such a job?

Is there a college degree program for it?

What licenses and/or certifications does one need to be a community organizer?

Where can I find a list of "best practices" for being a community organizer?

Who does a community organizer report to? Who supervises them?

Who reviews their work and performance as a community organizer?

For that matter, how do you measure the success of a community organizer? Over what period of time?

Can a community organizer be fired or put out of office?

What happens to a community organizer if they run over time or budget on an effort?

How does a community organizer get paid?

That's the difference between a self-appointed person and someone with real experience in life.

Replace "community organizer" with "mayor." The answers are the same.

These all have the same answer: the organization that employs the organizer.

For that matter, how do you measure the success of a community organizer? Over what period of time?

What happens to a community organizer if they run over time or budget on an effort?

There are numerous books on how to do a project evaluation. Look one up if you're interested. I'm not a community organizer and have no background in it (though a few friends are planning to do it). Your questions are good and I think there'd be great value for you in pursuing answers. I imagine you'll learn a great deal about faith-based and non-profit initiatives. Good luck.

Is there a college degree for "mayor"?

I know of one program that centers around community organizing called DART (Direct Action and Research Training Center). They came to my university to try and get people to sign up, I believe they work through local churches in order to reach people or something. Their website answers a lot of your questions (assuming you wanted actual answers and weren't just listing as many questions as you could think of in an attempt to downplay helping your community). There's also a handy website called "google" if you're interested in other community programs.

I love him.. :wub:

The office of Mayor is an elected office. How does one get in on the office of "community organizer?"

When the heck did "community organizer" become a qualification for President of this land?

Edited by Incorrigible1

This has to be one of the worst strawmen I have ever seen. Doesn't anybody ever tire of intellectual dishonesty? No one has ever claimed that being a community organizer "qualifies" someone to be president. This topic began with disgust at Palin's elitist and dismissive attitude toward those with boots on the ground in hard-hit inner city areas.

The office of Mayor is an elected office. How does one get in on the office of "community organizer?"

Exactly!

With Mayor and Governor your get chosen by the people you want to help. And if you don't do what you promise they get rid of you (elect someone else next time).

In short, the people supervise you, the people review your work, and the people can decide to keep you or fire you.

I don't see any of that for "community organizer".

ps- As for the education, most career politicians have a B.S. in Politcal Science at a minimum which is an obvious logical move.

This topic began with disgust at Palin's elitist and dismissive attitude toward those with boots on the ground in hard-hit inner city areas.

Dude, this topic began as a discussion about Stephen Colbert's interview of Ron Paul. Palin wasn't even mentioned in the op... I'd know, I typed it.

I was talking about the subject of community organizing (apologies for using the word "topic") .

LoL--

You guys make me laugh!