Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Palin Power!

Caesar

"A week ago, most Americans had never heard of Alaska Governor Sarah Palin. Now, following a Vice Presidential acceptance speech viewed live by more than 40 million people, Palin is viewed favorably by 58% of American voters. The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that 37% hold an unfavorable view of the self-described hockey mom."

Source and full article

Palin is viewed favorably by 58% of American voters WOW she should have been the presidential canidate. she gets a favorable ratings 59% of voters not affiliated with either major party. I think her favorably in Alaska passed the 80% mark

Fifty-one percent (51%) of Americans believe that most reporters are trying to hurt Palin’s campaign, a fact that may enhance her own ratings.

Source

I think if they look at the issues like what she did to get that 80% ratting in Alaska, I think she will be fine

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Caesar

• MasterPo

• libertyworld

• Startraveler

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Palin is viewed favorably by 58% of American voters WOW she should have been the presidential canidate.

Haha, indeed. I wholeheartedly agree.

She's been a natural star her whole life.

Even as a basketball player in school.

She's also a real woman, and the feminists hate that.

This dame kicks phoney liberal fanny like a Shelby Cobra 427 schooling a bunch of rabbit diesel automatics.

True grit baby!

She's new, she's flashy, and alot of people have yet to really dig into her past. Of course she's popular,..

She's new, she's flashy, and alot of people have yet to really dig into her past. Of course she's popular,..

Do you mean her past as her personal life or things that she achived to get over a 80% aproval rating?

Poll Watch: Alaska Loves Gov. Palin!

And not just “loves”… they freakin’ go nuts over her, as a new poll shows:

American Viewpoint Alaska General Election Poll

McCain/Palin - 57%

Obama/Biden - 33%

Favorable Ratings For Sarah Palin

Favorable/Unfavorable - 86/10

Strongly Favorable - 63%

Approval Among Republicans - 97%

approval Among Democrats - 75%

Among Voters Who Say Energy is Their #1 Issue:

McCain/Palin - 74%

Obama/Biden - 18%

Is Palin less qualified, as qualified, or more qualified than Barack Obama?

More qualified - 30%

As qualified - 29%

Less qualified - 30%

Does McCain’s pick of Palin make you more or less likely to vote for McCain?

More likely - 56% (much more likely - 44%)

Less likely - 15%

Survey was conducted of 400 registered voters on September 2, and has an MoE of 4.9%.

http://race42008.com/2008/09/03/this-just-...oves-gov-palin/

Edited by libertyworld

"Oops, I did it again!"

It's fairly simple, she's smoking hot. Hell if I was American I'd vote for her if it meant I was one step closer to sleeping with her.

It's fairly simple, she's smoking hot. Hell if I was American I'd vote for her if it meant I was one step closer to sleeping with her.

Yeah, buts whats wrong with McCain? lol ok maybe him and Bidden remind me of the movie dead men walking

It's obvious:

Palin is being groomed to be President.

If McCain wins this will be the crowning achievement in a long and successful career. He may choose not to run again in 2012 in which case Palin will run as President and all other things remaining more or less the same/equal, stands a good chance of winning.

In spite of what is being said by some the American voting public isn't dumb. They see how she is being savaged by the media. That gets her a lot of symapthy. She certainly has the military vote. The Dems know how powerful that is, that's why they tried so hard to suppress military absentee ballots in 2000.

The fact is the majority of daily Americans see Palin as they see themselves and neighbors. No better, no worse. Who wouldn't try to protect someone in their family from an abusive spouse? Not many would toss out a pregnant child. And her promise to be an advocate for the handicapped rings loud and clear and honest with a HUGE number of people.

If a pregnant daughter and an abusive ex-brother-in-law is the best they have she's a sure win! :tu:

They see how she is being savaged by the media.

linked-image

linked-image

(Transcript of Megyn Kelly interview with US magazine editor:)

MEGYN KELLY, CO-HOST: Well, Us Weekly, the magazine, is under some serious fire today for its new cover. The headline grabber "Babies, Lies and Scandal" is what's causing all the stir. The story, not only focusing on Sarah Palin, but also on the governor's 17-year-old pregnant daughter. It got a lot of attention. So did it cross a line?

BRADLEY JACOBS, SENIOR EDITOR, US WEEKLY: Good afternoon.

KELLY: All right. So the problem that a lot of folks have about this and I have to tell you, we have gotten tons of E-mail over this, is that the headline, in and of itself — we'll start with this. It sounds like an attack "Babies, Lies and Scandal." What are the lies?

JACOBS: Actually, if you read the story, you will see it's actually very measured. It's a very even-keeled story.

KELLY: I've read the story. What are the lies?

JACOBS: Actually, the lies that we point out are some of the liberal bloggers who were speculating that the daughter was actually - had given birth, that there was a cover-up there. We're one of the few magazines that actually did call to task those liberal bloggers for the news stories over the weekend.

KELLY: Bradley, do you think the cover, in any way, suggests to viewers looking at your magazine while standing there in the grocery store that the lies are lies about Sarah Palin by her attackers?

JACOBS: I don't think we can talk about all that here. We've gotten a lot of press today, but a lot of people haven't read this story. You may disagree that is fairly —

KELLY: I have read the story.

JACOBS: It is a very balanced story. We interview strategists on both sides. We interview Sarah Palin's deputy —

KELLY: Bradley, Bradley —

JACOBS: Yes?

KELLY: OK. You say — first of all, you point out her husband Todd's DUI arrest. Do you point out that that DUI arrest came 22 years ago, in 1986?

JACOBS: Of course. The DUI arrest ..

KELLY: No, you don't.

JACOBS: ... read everywhere.

KELLY: No, you don't. You don't, Bradley. That's not in there. Do you mention an official — you mentioned so-called "trooper-gate" talking about — and I'm quoting from your article, an official who refused - She's under investigation for dismissing an official who refused to fire her sister's state trooper ex-husband. Do you point out that the allegations that that trooper she allegedly wanted fired tasered his own stepson who was only 10 and made death threats against Sarah Palin's father? Do you mention that in the article?

JACOBS: We didn't have time to get into everything that you have mentioned. This story was breaking over the weekend. Everyone was talking about it, and Us magazine has a very distinctive voice and we cover the news.

KELLY: Do you mention the fact — you mentioned her, quote, "involvement" with the Alaska Independence Party, a group that wants Alaska to secede from the union. Do you mention the fact that the McCain campaign has denied that and even Alaska state officials have denied that and said that's a lie?

JACOBS: OK, we're missing the point here. This is a big news story that everyone is talking about. It is a very measured story just pointing out a few things in it that you are dissatisfied with. But this was a —

KELLY: Bradley, what I'm satisfied with is fair and balanced reporting where you tell the whole story. You make one accusation, then you tell what the other side is saying. You give context to allegations rather throwing things out that are incendiary.

JACOBS: It is very balanced. You don't mention the fact that we talked to friends of the Palin family. We talked to students who go to school with Bristol. We talked to Sarah Palin's deputy mayor. We talked to Republican strategists and Democratic strategists.

KELLY: So because one part of the report is fair in your view, the other unfair reports are excused. I've got to leave it at that because we're out of time. I wish we could have given a full discussion.

JACOBS: Well, I disagree, and I hope the readers will actually read the story for themselves and make up their own mind.

KELLY: I will leave it at that. Good final word. Bradley, thanks so much.

Yea, I saw those covers too.

Reminds me of the Bush/Clinton election. The TV and radio media would say something like "Today Presidential candidate Bill Clinton addressed a crowd of cheering supporters as he outlined his plan for (whatever)......" and you'd see Clinton on a sunny day in front of a crowd of happy people. Then a minute later it continues: "Meanwhile, in Washington President Bush defended his position on (whatever)...." and you'd see President Bush standing in the rain in a wet trench coat trying to talk over the sound of the water.

The contrasts trying to be made were stark.

Same way the media let Clinton get away with calling Senator Dole's tax plan a "scheme".

Good post number 1!

That so exemplifies the depths of degeneracy to which the wantonly-gutter-feeding media have lost it over the idea of a wholesome woman...

A real woman of integrity and talent who loves America and stands up to degeneracy in and out of her own party...

A veritable refutation of most everything the psychotic left and phony feminist losers pretend to stand for.

They see a winner. A real fighter. A star player with true grit and sex appeal who doesn't just talk in flowery platitudes but goes and gets it done!

They see a re-energized conservative movement rallying to what?! A bleepin woman?!

This represents their worst possible nightmare!

How dare a woman be a beloved leader?!

Of their most hated enemy?!

Conservatism...

...is back, and it's wearing a dress and kickin phony liberal fanny with a smile.

You can tell what a severe aversion said liberals have to the real deal...

Telling it is.

Very telling.

That's probably one of the reasons McCain picked her.

He knew there would be strong oppostition and media bias. So he picked someone who he feels can go toe-to-toe with them and won't wilt from the fight.

Look out Biden!