Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Obama to General Wesley Clark

Caesar

"General Wesley Clark is not attending the Democratic National Convention. I was told by General Clark's personal office in Little Rock that he would not be attending.

Clark was informed by Barack Obama's people that there was no reason to come.

General Clark has been given no role of any kind at the convention.

Rubbing salt in the wound even more, the "theme" of Wednesday's Democratic convention agenda is "Securing America."

Wesley Clark's PAC also happens to be called SECURING AMERICA.

This is a mistake in my view. There are a lot of perspectives and competing agendas about how to direct America's next national security posture -- and General Wesley Clark should be one of the top tier names and personalities at the table."

Source and full article

With the very little that Obama knows about the military do you think Wesley Clark should have been invited?

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Caesar

• MasterPo

• Vampwitchenstein

• __Kratos__

Top Posters In This Topic

With the very little that Obama knows about the military do you think Wesley Clark should have been invited?

Why complicate Obama's view of things with the facts?

No, he should have been lead or at least VP. He's far superior as a leader then Obama will ever be.

Edited by __Kratos__

Biden has been in congress for 36 Wesley Clark would have been a much better pick, but then again he would lack so many other fields. I guess being a community organizer would be an asset

I guess being a community organizer would be an asset

It seems to me that a community organizer relies heavily on getting everyone together and working from the same page (so to speak).

If world events of the last 8 years have shown anything, the world is hardly united even in the face of a clear danger.

So.....

What is Obama's experience dealing with people who do not see eye-to-eye with his vision of how things should be done?

What is Obama's fall-back strategy if he is unable to convince the world to do things as he sees it should be done?

What is Obama's record for persevering (pardon the spelling) in the face of unanimous opposition?

And king of all: How can Obama convince the American people that as President he will put the best interests of the United States first and not bend over to the wants and wishes of the rest of the world?

Now .. was it Ron Paul the republican party said they didn't want speaking...

Biden has been in congress for 36 Wesley Clark would have been a much better pick, but then again he would lack so many other fields. I guess being a community organizer would be an asset

Ron Paul would have been a better pick for the Republicans and just about anyone else rather than the wacko Palin.

Ron Paul would have been a better pick for the Republicans and just about anyone else rather than the wacko Palin.

I doubt that very much, many of Ron Pauls stands are wacko like the gold standard

I doubt that very much, many of Ron Pauls stands are wacko like the gold standard

Spoken like someone who knows nothing about Ron Paul, gold standard or a basic idea of freedom.

Spoken like someone who knows nothing about Ron Paul, gold standard or a basic idea of freedom.

I don't care who it is, the gold standard is a bad idea. what the hell does the gold standard have to do with freedom?

I don't care who it is, the gold standard is a bad idea. what the hell does the gold standard have to do with freedom?

As a foot note:

The argument for going back to the gold standard is that without gold directly backing the currency then the dollar is just paper only supported by the good name of the U.S. government.

This in turn leaves the government free to print as much currency as they want thus leading to inflation and devaluation.

It is believed that someday the world powers will loose faith in the U.S. government and U.S. economy and thus the value of the dollar will plumit dragging the country down to 3rd world status.

As a foot note:

The argument for going back to the gold standard is that without gold directly backing the currency then the dollar is just paper only supported by the good name of the U.S. government.

This in turn leaves the government free to print as much currency as they want thus leading to inflation and devaluation.

It is believed that someday the world powers will loose faith in the U.S. government and U.S. economy and thus the value of the dollar will plumit dragging the country down to 3rd world status.

A dollar backed by gold can also cause inflation and devaluation just on the amount of gold deposits found dispite how good the economy is. the idea that nothing backing the dollar and people loosing faith in it and that it could cause the currency to 3rd world status is also an old idea, 60% of sales from large cap companies come from other nations. these are paid in Euros's, pounds, ect. I also think if we had the gold standard and if we were in a ecomonic down turn, the time to recovery would be much longer because people wouldn't spend and the fed wouldn't be able to put more money into our economy. I think if we could drill oil that would be much better then backing the dollar buy gold, the government would have taxing power on the high demand of oil thats in world demand. kind of like Canada a much more stable currency due to world demand of oil

Wasn't General Clark the one who said recently words to the effect of McCain getting shot down and held as a POW for 5 years didn't qualify him as a militarily savvy person like everyone has been going on about? I think that would be why Obama wanted to distance himself from Wesley Clark. Even tho I would suspect Obama and Co. agree...as do I.

Wasn't General Clark the one who said recently words to the effect of McCain getting shot down and held as a POW for 5 years didn't qualify him as a militarily savvy person like everyone has been going on about? I think that would be why Obama wanted to distance himself from Wesley Clark. Even tho I would suspect Obama and Co. agree...as do I.

Did he, this is the first time I've read this

He said that McCain hasn't held executive responsibility, which is technically false, although if you put it in terms of political experience it is true - and certainly by Clark's (who was a general) standard, it didn't amount to much.

Found the articles 4 you, & video...

Published: June 29, 2008

WASHINGTON: With Senator Barack Obama planning to visit the Middle East and Europe in an apparent effort to burnish his foreign policy credentials, the credentials of his likely presidential rival, Senator John McCain, came under sharp attack Sunday from a man considered a possible Democratic vice presidential candidate.

The retired general Wesley Clark said McCain had not "held executive responsibility" and had not commanded troops in wartime.

McCain's experience in Vietnam, where he was a prisoner of war for five years, has seemed at times almost to grant him invulnerability to criticism of his security background. But on Sunday he was assailed by a fellow military man, a highly decorated one who was once the NATO supreme commander.

McCain frequently points out that he led "the largest squadron in the U.S. Navy," but Clark said on CBS television that that was not enough to support a claim to the presidency.

"He hasn't been there and ordered the bombs to fall" as a wartime commander, the general said on CBS. Clark is mentioned as a possible Obama running mate, although he originally supported Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton.

When the interviewer, Bob Schieffer, noted to Clark that McCain had been shot down over Hanoi, Clark replied, "I don't think riding in a fighter plane and getting shot down is a qualification to be president."

http://www.iht.com/articles/2008/06/29/america/campaign.php

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/06/29/clark.mccain/

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/06/11/g...s_n_106457.html

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/06/29/we...-records-value/

He said that McCain hasn't held executive responsibility, which is technically false, although if you put it in terms of political experience it is true - and certainly by Clark's (who was a general) standard, it didn't amount to much.

No in my opinion he never did, Palin is the only who has executive responsibility out of the four of them.

No in my opinion he never did, Palin is the only who has executive responsibility out of the four of them.

But he hold military officer rank and thus was accountable for leadership and actions.

Maybe not executive but certainly management.