Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

"My Muslim faith..."

Pinky Floyd

Obama's verbal slip fuels his critics

Christina Bellantoni (Contact)

Sunday, September 7, 2008

ST. LOUIS, Mo. - Sen. Barack Obama's foes seized Sunday upon a brief slip of the tongue, when the Democratic presidential nominee was outlining his Christianity but accidentally said, "my Muslim faith."

The three words -- immediately corrected -- were during an exchange with ABC's George Stephanopoulos on "This Week," when he was trying to criticize the quiet smear campaign suggesting he is a Muslim.

But illustrating the difficulty of preventing false rumors about his faith from spreading, anti-Obama groups within one hour of the interview had sliced it out of context and were sending it around via email. They also were blogging about it.

Mr. Obama, who is a Christian and often proudly speaks about how his faith has influenced his public service, said he finds it "deeply offensive" that there are efforts "coming out of the Republican camp to suggest that perhaps I'm not who I say I am when it comes to my faith."

Oops...Whew, I'm sure glad we're not taping right now...Um...What do you mean "we ARE on tape'?? Oh Crap...This probably won't turn out well, will it? Hey..Lemme order pizza for you and the crew..Yes, a whole buncha of pizza for you and the crew with perhaps, let's say...$100 bill toppings...Mmmmmmm..lots and lots of hundred dollar bill toppings....very tasty hundred dollar bills...*pause*..Gimme that tape dammit!! (source)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"coming out of the Republican camp to suggest that perhaps I'm not who I say I am when it comes to my faith."

Keep slipping like this genius and it will be hard to ignore that you might actually be telling the truth when you say "perhaps I'm not who I say I am when it comes to my faith."

A Freudian slip perhaps?? I'm thinking probably not..Nonetheless...One running for POTUS is usually only allowed slip ups like this only once or twice during an election. Especially when your campaign is fighting this very rumor... (You're not helping at all Barak..) :wacko:

He might not wear a flag on his lapel but I have a feeling you will be seeing a cross or two in his advertisements beginning about tomorrow.

/how bad of a mistake is this?? and can it be beaten for sheer bad luck and/or timing? or could it have been an actual Freudian slip?

//keep it up blabbermouth; let a couple more of these fly out of your pie hole and you'll be handing the Oval Office to John for sure...

Edited by Pinky Floyd

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• __Kratos__

• Sweetpumper

• AROCES

• InHuman

Maybe he is really a Muslim in his heart.

I understand he has Muslims in his family, so could be he just thinks he is not a muslim.

Edited by AROCES

He's a muslim. And he's a chirstian when it helps with polls. Why do you thing he flops around so much. Like he used Hilary to get more votes.

Oh, for god's sake, it was a slip of the tongue - especially when you consider that he had just been talking about people trying to slander him as a muslim. This is why I dislike so much of the electronic media out there today; one little thing like this and they go into full rat**** mode.

Here come the apologists.

Beware, if he loses, he may retaliate by strapping bombs to a couple of 'special' sisters and taking out a strip mall.

Edited by Sweetpumper

Beware, if he loses, he may retaliate by strapping bombs to a couple of 'special' sisters and taking out a strip mall.

*Snip * - If I were to say that if McCain lost he'd have a total temper tantrum and shoot everyone in his office, you'd probably get indignant.

If I were to say that if McCain lost he'd have a total temper tantrum and shoot everyone in his office, you'd probably get indignant.

Not in the slightest.

It's just a matter of time till he slips up about being born in Kenya.

:lol:

That would be too funny.

I think there is NO evidence that he is in any way a practicing Muslim. It's propaganda by the ignorant, for the ignorant. It certainly will NOT change anyones vote, making outrageous claims and deliberately misquoting/misinterpreting.

Everyone slips some time or another. It doesn't matter who you are. Most of the time when we do it's because it's on our mind. He's sliped before like when he said "he visited all 27 states except for 1 it was either Hawaii or Alaska".

You say you hate Republicans but do you honestly like the government controlling everything you have. That's why I'll never vote Democrap.

At least it was a slip.

McCain wasn't slipping when he called his wife a Trollop and a C*nt.

Wonder how long it will take him to call Palin a few sexist disgusting names.

"Just a slip." I like that. I know in conversations I always seem to slip and call my faith 'muslim', y'know, 'cause for some reason or 50, I'm labeled as one.

Infidels.

And if I'd said it out of the blue, if McCain had slipped up and said "I'll kill everyone in my campaign if I lose"?

McCain wouldn't slip because he's not a murderer. :)

* Snip *

Anyway, I tend to think it's a Freudian slip.

Blah, blah, blah... so many of these political articles, blogs and what not are just oriented around meticulous, silly nonsense. :sleepy:

LOL.

I'm still trying to decide if this thread is a joke or not.

That's how I feel about the entire US election. When stuff like this gets attention (and this is what there seems to be most of) then it just starts to feel like a dumbed down version of American Idol.

When stuff like this gets attention (and this is what there seems to be most of) then it just starts to feel like a dumbed down version of American Idol.

I firmly believe that the average American is smarter than the average commenter in this thread. I have to.

Pathetic guys.

Collective Mass Siezure of The American RIGHT

Why there is such venomous hatred for Barrack H Obama

Oh, for god's sake, it was a slip of the tongue - especially when you consider that he had just been talking about people trying to slander him as a muslim.

When something is in your heart and soul you don't slip your tongue over it.

There's nothing to apologize for.

Oh and I think its in horrible taste that you can go on and paint Obama out as a extremist.

Unless that was supposed to be a joke, in which case, it sucked.

When something is in your heart and soul you don't slip your tongue over it.

What? Now your just reachin...