Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

McCain Now Winning Majority of Independents

Caesar

PRINCETON, NJ -- John McCain's 6 percentage-point bounce in voter support spanning the Republican National Convention is largely explained by political independents shifting to him in fairly big numbers, from 40% pre-convention to 52% post-convention in Gallup Poll Daily tracking.

Source and full articles

If that keeps up I think Obama is done

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nxt2Hvn

• Guardsman Bass

• AROCES

• Caesar

Top Posters In This Topic

In spite of the bleating from the leftists, the Palin nod must needs be recognized as brilliant.

If that keeps up I think Obama is done

Maybe. We still have nearly 2 months to go. Don't get ahead of ourselves. The winds of politics change by the minute.

True, we have to keep an eye on those battle ground states, thats why I think independents and females turning to McCain is great. those states have a high number of evangelical voters and an older voter base.

I'll close my eyes, and you guys let me know when it's over with..... :hmm:

As I've repeated before in a different thread, nation-wide polls are worthless. You'd get a better idea of how Palin has affected the viability of McCain's ticket by seeing how much change the choice caused in the battle ground states (like Colorado, New Mexico, Florida, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Iowa).

The selection of Palin changed the race really big time.

What's to watch now is how the Democrats will try to destroy her, Obama is up to it now.

When was the last time a Presidential candidate is attacking the opponents VP instead????

What's to watch now is how the Democrats will try to destroy her, Obama is up to it now.

When was the last time a Presidential candidate is attacking the opponents VP instead????

Good point ... you know Obama is sweating bullets ... especially with his choice for VP verses Palin. I really like McCain and was my choice from the beginning, but also agreed that Obama was the lesser of the two evils (him or Hilary) ... and Obama being president would not have bothered me as bad as if Hilary was .... but now that Palin verses Biden for VP .... there is no way I want Obama in office .... I think Biden will hurt him more than he has realized!!

I'll enter the Republican ground saying: Biden is a moron. Terrible pick for Obama. Palin, as I've said, I actually like. I'm still for Obama, being the liberal I am, but there is a possibility I'll change to McCain.

Why?

Because I never disliked McCain. I love Palin. I can't stand to look at Biden, that little phony SOB. I hate that guy with a passion.

What keeps me from saying I am voting for McCain without a doubt?

I love Obama.

Edited by IrishAidan

I'll enter the Republican ground saying: Biden is a moron. Terrible pick for Obama. Palin, as I've said, I actually like. I'm still for Obama, being the liberal I am, but there is a possibility I'll change to McCain.

Why?

Because I never disliked McCain. I love Palin. I can't stand to look at Biden, that little phony SOB. I hate that guy with a passion.

I love Obama.

WOW.. what a dilema you have now!! Good luck with your decision... I am glad at least that I don't love Obama... so McCain/Palin is definitely the choice for me!

Why?

I love Obama.

A good leader surrounds himself or herself with good people.

Maybe that will help you decide. :tu:

In spite of the bleating from the leftists, the Palin nod must needs be recognized as brilliant.

It's definitely a strategy that's pulled the Republican ticket back from the edge of certain defeat.

Should be an interesting election.

Yeah, I been telling myself Good Luck for days now. LOL. I swear I never thought, being the staunch lib I am ('cept on abortion), that I would consider not voting for Obama.

Just the thought of that plagiarist Biden taking office disgusts me.

AROCES, you may have a point on this one at least. :P

Edited by IrishAidan

To me .. McCain isn't a die hard conservative... he rides the fence on some issues and is open minded and I that is what I really like about him.

Why?

I love Obama.

Don't vote on the basis of love. Vote on the basis of researching the background and ideas of the candidates themselves, plus their party platforms.

But don't take my word for it. Remember the last time we voted a charming, folksy, down-to-earth "reformer with results" governor into the presidential office? His name was George W. Bush.

But Obama hasn't attacked his opponent's VP pick at all. And I suspect she'll be more than able to destroy herself with her scandle a day. The better question is: when has a VP ever carried a ticket--or better yet--when has the VP ever had to carry the ticket until McCain/Palin?

But Obama hasn't attacked his opponent's VP pick at all. And I suspect she'll be more than able to destroy herself with her scandle a day. The better question is: when has a VP ever carried a ticket--or better yet--when has the VP ever had to carry the ticket until McCain/Palin?

Dem sent 30 Lawyers to Alaska to look for dirt or your scandal a day, who do you think approved that and funding it, Biden?

You are in denial then that Palin boosted McCains chance, the whole country sees it and even the democrats.

Like I said, this is historical for this never happened before.

The Democrat tried it before with Geraldine Ferraro, it didn't work for she was just used as a pawn or for display, a female VP.

Sarah is more than a just a female politician, she draws crowd and people like what they see of her.

Edited by AROCES

actually Aroces if you'll check you'll find that the DNC did NOT send 30 layers to Alaska. They sent 0. They don't even have that many. The repubs however, did. To vet Palin AFTER the fact. You tell me, is that the kind of president you want - again. Ready, Fire, Aim.

Earlier today, the Obama campaign held a conference call for reporters to rebut an account in the Wall St. Journal that it, or perhaps the Democratic Party, had “air-dropped” into Alaska an army of vetters, to scrub Governor Palin’s record.

Josh Earnest, a spokesman for Mr. Obama, got into a testy exchange with several reporters on the campaign’s “Alaska Mythbusters” conference call. The journalists asked repeatedly about the presence of any Obama campaign or Democratic National Committee staff members in the state checking into her record.

“I’m not sure how many times this question has to be answered, but hopefully this will be the last time,” Mr. Earnest said in response to a reporter’s question. “There are no Obama or D.N.C. staffers or researchers that were air dropped into Alaska.”

We asked the McCain campaign for a response to the conference call. Brian Rogers, a spokesman, wrote back: “Please. Most folks trust the Wall Street Journal more than the Obama campaign any day of the week.”

Michael Gehrke, research director of the Democratic National Committee, scoffed at all of this:

“Sadly, I don’t have 30 lawyers, researchers, investigators or even wolves at my disposal. We have sent a grand total of zero people to Alaska to research Governor Palin. We’ve got all these McCain houses to keep track of.

“The ironic thing - which you all reported - is that the only people who sent lawyers to Alaska to research Palin was the McCain camp, who belatedly thought it was a good idea to vet her after they picked her to be one heartbeat away from the leader of the free world. They say all us political types look alike so maybe that’s what led to the confusion.

link

Now there's a thing you'll probably see in a McCain presidency more often than not if he somehow wins the election - damage control squads. God only knows he'll need them, considering his previous forays into presidential politics.

She certainly has been... I'm just trying to figure out why. I don't get what her appeal is to moderates. She's a right wing religious woman. I understand how that helps McCain with his base but not with moderates.