Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hillary backers come to defend Palin

Caesar

"The leaders of a women's political organization that launched earlier this year to support Hillary Clinton are speaking out against what they say are examples of media sexism toward Sarah Palin and urging members to tell the press corps "to back off."

WomenCount, a group co-founded by top Hillary fundraiser Susie Tompkins Buell, posted a lengthy item on their blog decrying questions over whether Palin can, as a mother of five, juggle her family responsibilities and still be vice president.

"The very notion that Sarah Palin should not have accepted this nomination because she is a mother with demanding challenges underscores just how far we have to go," wrote Rosemary Camposano, the group's communications director.

She added: "It will be good for America to watch Sarah Palin on the campaign trail – bouncing from parenting to politics. That’s how most women function – multi-tasking, leaning on friends and family, and waking up each morning and doing it all again."

Source and full article

I think the McCain camp is getting much more votes from Hilary then most think

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MasterPo

• Caesar

• Incorrigible1

• Plainbob13

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I never thought this would happen. I thought it was more about issues rather then being a woman.

I like Palin. I wish she was on top of the ticket.

I think she's great, I just fell she would be an even better president with a term as vp. then she would be a great president.

I was planning to vote for a third party candidate. I'm seriously reassessing my vote, currently.

I think she's great, I just fell she would be an even better president with a term as vp. then she would be a great president.

I think it's very likely she will run for President in 2012 if they win this year.

I think being President will be the crowning jewel in McCains career. He is far from stupid and knows his age and health will be held against him in re-election. This is as much a "final tour" for McCain as it is him grooming his successor.

If it goes like this it's a win-win for all involved:

- A win for McCain's career as I pointed about above.

- A win for Palin for obvious reasons.

- A win for the Republican party being both back in the WHite House as well as getting the first female VP in office and then female President.

- A win for women overall for the same reason.

- A win for John McCain's reputation in history and American politics.

I think it's very likely she will run for President in 2012 if they win this year.

I think being President will be the crowning jewel in McCains career. He is far from stupid and knows his age and health will be held against him in re-election. This is as much a "final tour" for McCain as it is him grooming his successor.

If it goes like this it's a win-win for all involved:

- A win for McCain's career as I pointed about above.

- A win for Palin for obvious reasons.

- A win for the Republican party being both back in the WHite House as well as getting the first female VP in office and then female President.

- A win for women overall for the same reason.

- A win for John McCain's reputation in history and American politics.

That was my thought when McCain said Obama chooses for the past and we chose for the future or something to that effect

I don't expect it, but it would behoove the party should McCain declare himself a one-term candidate.

Sarah would kick Hillary's as$ from New York to DC, and thence to Timbuktu.

Edited by Incorrigible1

That was my thought when McCain said Obama chooses for the past and we chose for the future or something to that effect

If he wins this election he doesn't have to prove anything more by running for re-election.

He knows at his age and health his time in public office is growing short. He could easily announce not to seek re-election sighting he has achieved much of what he wanted in public service and now wants to spend more time with his family. And BTW VP Sarah Palin is going to make an awesome President.

The country would love him for it. Once again putting the needs of the Nation before his own, handing over the reins to a younger and more energetic successor. That would set Palin up sooooo well for the Presidential race in 2012 while allowing for a graceful and honorable exit for McCain who can also campaign for Palin.

Edited by MasterPo

I don't expect it, but it would behoove the party should McCain declare himself a one-term candidate.

no joke. That would be fun to watch.

Read my thread about Hilary!

(MasterPo should have his own talk radio show :D )

Read my thread about Hilary!

(MasterPo should have his own talk radio show :D )

Oh, I have. Appreciated in some corners, yet, mysteriously ignored in others. Partisan politics, my friend!

Oh, I have. Appreciated in some corners, yet, mysteriously ignored in others. Partisan politics, my friend!

I don't for a moment think Hilary has a snowballs chance in the desert of winning the Presidency in 2012 (and only the slightest chance of being someone's VP pick).

But for those who hold so dearly to the dream of President Rodham then the only hope is for a McCain/Palin victory for all the reasons I posted in my thread.

And I think Hilary knows that too.